PDA

View Full Version : how about Ford in season 5

Pharaoh Atem
February 1st, 2008, 07:29 PM
:ford: last we saw him he was on a hive and since then he has been absent from the series completely ......

how about a little love for Aden in season 5 :)

Uncle Tobias
February 1st, 2008, 07:32 PM
Man I hope so. Just give me one ep with him and end it with him recovering and going back home to his poor grandparents and I'll be happy.

Pharaoh Atem
February 1st, 2008, 07:36 PM
Man I hope so. Just give me one ep with him and end it with him recovering and going back home to his poor grandparents and I'll be happy.

green fro you!!!! I've always felt that there was a great potential for a feel good story with ford :ford:

with all the losses in season 4 it would be nice to have something to look back at as happy moment

MediumMediumer
February 1st, 2008, 07:40 PM
I'd rather Ford not come back. They left it open for him to come back... but that doesn't mean he has to. I hope he just died on the Hive. His character annoyed me so much. Even before the enzyme.

Uncle Tobias
February 1st, 2008, 07:42 PM
green fro you!!!! I've always felt that there was a great potential for a feel good story with ford :ford:

with all the losses in season 4 it would be nice to have something to look back at as happy moment

Thanks, and I agree. I think it'd be really nice to bring someone home for a change :)

Amalthea
February 1st, 2008, 08:36 PM
The dude got blowed up. But, if he wasn't blown up, he was in rough shape. So, I think they'd have to stick him in a sarcophagus for a little while to make him fit to be sent home. I do agree that ONE happy ending would be nice, tho.

Fenrir Foxz
February 1st, 2008, 11:25 PM
The dude got blowed up. But, if he wasn't blown up, he was in rough shape. So, I think they'd have to stick him in a sarcophagus for a little while to make him fit to be sent home. I do agree that ONE happy ending would be nice, tho.

Yeah it would be nice to get some closure on Ford in S5 :)

Platschu
February 1st, 2008, 11:39 PM
He should be in the 100th episode: ghost, flashback or whatever. RSF deserves to be there. ;)

Jeff O'Connor
February 2nd, 2008, 03:04 AM
I'd love for him to finally have another episode, but what I'd really like is to see the mid-season two-parter revolve around him, as the second season's did. It's been a very long time, now, and I'm still holding out that John was right about him. End it with him being sent home for forced psychiatric evaluation and honorable discharge or something; realistic and kind of gritty, but maybe he'd end up completely fine with the prospect. Either that or be all-the-more original and end it with him as an ally out there in the Pegasus Galaxy; either way, leave room for future one-off stories with him, but make things nice and big at least one more time for the kid.

I really did like his character.

Atlanis
February 2nd, 2008, 04:44 AM
I think there are some spoillers here so click if you want to find out

Guys I think he is cause look at the picture form Joseph mallozi's blog (http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/img_3064.jpg) but take a look at the head of the actor, he's wearing a black bandana just like Ford wore in "Runner" so is this his return?

dark_side
February 2nd, 2008, 04:51 AM
Erm NO! That is not Ford its Shepard filming "The Last Man"

Pharaoh Atem
February 2nd, 2008, 04:55 AM
He should be in the 100th episode: ghost, flashback or whatever. RSF deserves to be there. ;)

he dials Atlantis with mo memory of his past .... and then there have to seek out what happen to him.

could also add micheal into that mix :)

Jumper_One
February 2nd, 2008, 09:18 AM
Erm NO! That is not Ford its Shepard filming "The Last Man"

yup that's definitely Shep in TLM

Major_Griff
February 2nd, 2008, 10:57 AM
I hated Ford in S1. I started not necessarily to like him, but to like his story line in S2. It's a shame that they ditched him once his character became interesting. I would like to see a story where he shows up and instead of trying to prove to the team that he's okay, he has some truly evil plan to get back at the expedition because he is now so whacked out on the enzyme that there is very little of the old Ford left. And then in the end, like others have said, he is weaned off the enzyme and sent home to his family.

GATEGOD
February 2nd, 2008, 06:08 PM
Seeing ford would make the year for me!!! He was amazing :ford:

Mitchell82
February 2nd, 2008, 06:09 PM
I hated Ford. He was a cocky kid in season one and only became sorta interesting. I'd rather him not return.

the fifth man
February 2nd, 2008, 06:22 PM
Personally, I would like some closure on the Ford story. Even if we just saw him one last time.

Mitchell82
February 2nd, 2008, 06:24 PM
Personally, I would like some closure on the Ford story. Even if we just saw him one last time.

Ugh yeah so would I even though I never cared for him.

jelgate
February 2nd, 2008, 07:06 PM
The Atlantis expendion arrives on M8J-734 and encounters a skeleton. They take some bones to Atlantis to be examined by Dr. Keller and Beckett to examine the cause of death. More examination reveals it is the corpse of Lt. Aiden Ford.

jonos101
February 2nd, 2008, 08:25 PM
it would be kool if they captured him but then shep let him go coz he was goin to jail and he get away and he becomes our allie

Platschu
February 2nd, 2008, 11:52 PM
The Atlantis expendion arrives on M8J-734 and encounters a skeleton. They take some bones to Atlantis to be examined by Dr. Keller and Beckett to examine the cause of death. More examination reveals it is the corpse of Lt. Aiden Ford.
LOL. You are so evil! :atlantistrio:

chevron3
February 7th, 2008, 08:12 AM
it sure would b nice 2 c him again.it would make an interesting episode(s)

Rac80
February 20th, 2008, 06:27 PM

LOL I love the idea! ;)

Cpt.McLane
February 21st, 2008, 05:18 AM
Well Lt. Ford was as interesting as Wesley Crusher in TNG. I don´t like this character and I am glad the author replaced him by Ronon.

The_Carpenter
February 21st, 2008, 05:32 AM
At this point its safe to presume he was blown up in "The Hive", and that is certainly the view of the present PTB.

Can't say I'm that bothered by it either, the enzyme storyline never interested me.

The.Road.Not.Taken
February 21st, 2008, 08:45 AM
At this point its safe to presume he was blown up in "The Hive", and that is certainly the view of the present PTB.

Can't say I'm that bothered by it either, the enzyme storyline never interested me.

same the enzyme story was boring and just made people violent which didn't work for me.

Pharaoh Atem
February 21st, 2008, 08:55 AM
same the enzyme story was boring and just made people violent which didn't work for me.

it made mckay cooler :D

Pheonix Commander
February 21st, 2008, 09:44 AM
Ford was one of the few people in Atlantis that had any sort of back story - ie his grandparents and the like. Not many other characters have had that IMO. It would be fitting to see him one more time, to have him go home. I could see a story line where he starts to detox somehow and needs his old friends for support. He always seemed to look up to shep more than in just the chain of command, he seemed the little brother type. I'm sure they'd help him and the closure of finally sending him home would be nice for a change.:ford:

The.Road.Not.Taken
February 21st, 2008, 10:31 AM
it made mckay cooler :D

when mckay was dosed on the enzyme it just became freakishly weird

The Boff
February 21st, 2008, 12:04 PM
I would love some closure on the Ford character. in fact i posted a thought about that in another thread:

An episode with a wraith bad guy scientist working alone on some deserted world and what is he doing? studying the effect the wraith enzyme had on Ford. trying to purify it so that he can make an army of humans instead of having wraith warriors. trying to kill the individuality of Ford but keep his physiqe. so that the wraith can build a controllable army that he doesnt need to share his food with. cause thats the problem isnt it? too many wraith around. but one wraith king with an army of superhumans to do his bidding.
i think that could work.
but off course our heroes save the day and this time also Ford. so that he can finally come back to earth and tell his grandparents: Im ok, you dont have to worry anymore.

that thread was about what we wanted to see in season 5. and i would love an episode like that. cause seriously, we need closure and Ford deserves to be returned home.

The.Road.Not.Taken
February 21st, 2008, 01:14 PM
I would love some closure on the Ford character. in fact i posted a thought about that in another thread:

that thread was about what we wanted to see in season 5. and i would love an episode like that. cause seriously, we need closure and Ford deserves to be returned home.

we dnt nessarcily need closure like that most people would be happy to just the charatcher was dead then people will stop wondering

Buck32
February 21st, 2008, 08:38 PM
Yeah it would be nice to get some closure on Ford in S5 :)

I agree let's see another Ford story, i think it would be really interesting to see what happened to him, whether he turns to a full on enzyme addict or even a half human/wraith hybrid, when they wrote his character out in S2 for being boring i would assume, they ironically made him in interesting character and then what did they do in typical SGA style? nothing, just another story opportunity gone begging!!

DelTrax1
February 21st, 2008, 09:24 PM
Although I doubt that he'll ever come back I would love to have him in Season 5. It's like they just killed him off for good.

vaberella
February 21st, 2008, 09:51 PM
I'm a diehard Ford supporter and when I came on this board that was who I gave my second or third post too. I mean I thought he was great and 90% marine and 10% kid.

Unfortunately, it's been way too long. It's been too long and I find too late to try to resurrect what happens to Ford for a short story and get rid of him.

If Ford were to make a come back because of the length of time he's been gone he would have to be there for the long run. I mean not in an actual regulars status but definitely recurring on the same level of appearance as Zelenka lets say.

It would just be ungracious and detrimental to the storyline of they bring him back after surviving the situation in The Hive and then use him in about 2 eps or so and let it go. It would be ludicrous in my book.

The.Road.Not.Taken
February 22nd, 2008, 06:13 AM
Although I doubt that he'll ever come back I would love to have him in Season 5. It's like they just killed him off for good.

haha it good that he don't come back because he would just take up episodes in season 5 when they could explain the major charatchers instead

atlantis2k8
February 22nd, 2008, 06:51 AM
It would be good to see Ford again but I don't think that it would be good to see him after all that has happened between him and everyone at Atlantis

HD89
February 22nd, 2008, 09:46 AM
I would love to see Ford return. But, sadly, I don't think it'll happen.

MattSilver 3k
February 22nd, 2008, 07:10 PM
I like this idea: For say, Ep 19 or something, Ford returns, injured, to warn Atlantis of some kind of new enemy. At the end, he heads back home. Nice clean ending to him.

Infinatus
February 22nd, 2008, 07:55 PM
Although Ford could probably never return as a regular, he would be quite useful as recurring later in the show. Just as the Berrett character from SG-1 showed up from time to time to provide intelligence that the SGC could never gather on it's own, Ford is in a unique position to gather vital intel on the Wraith. Think about it. The leaders of the Atlantis expedition would never sanction an extremely dangerous reconnaissance mission to infiltrate a well guarded Wraith stronghold no matter how valuable the intel, but with Ford loaded up with enzyme he wouldn't care about the risks. Thoughts?

RockyluvsSG
February 22nd, 2008, 07:57 PM

that would be an awesome storyline in fact I was thinking about something like that myself except that humans are trying to modify it not the wraith

Infernorhythm
February 24th, 2008, 09:38 AM
I'd LOVE to see Ford return for another episode. It would be great, and like someone stated earlier, he should have the chance to go back to his grandparents.

It would be really cool if they did an episode where Sheppard was captured and haunted by visions of the people that he's "failed." Weir, Ford, Sumner, it could be a particularly unique episode.

The.Road.Not.Taken
February 24th, 2008, 10:20 AM
I'd LOVE to see Ford return for another episode. It would be great, and like someone stated earlier, he should have the chance to go back to his grandparents.

It would be really cool if they did an episode where Sheppard was captured and haunted by visions of the people that he's "failed." Weir, Ford, Sumner, it could be a particularly unique episode.

he hasn't really failed ford though he seemed happy enough when he left for good yay! i think its been so long now that every1 is just starting to forget about him and not really care if hes dead or alive no offenece ford surporters loL!!

Mitchell82
February 24th, 2008, 11:25 AM
he hasn't really failed ford though he seemed happy enough when he left for good yay! i think its been so long now that every1 is just starting to forget about him and not really care if hes dead or alive no offenece ford surporters loL!!

I know how you feel. I never really cared for him though some closure would be nice.

Reiko
February 24th, 2008, 02:44 PM
I just watched Season One again and if we can't have Weir back and with only measly five Carson episodes I want Ford back too :P

I think he should have a happy ending. Or I at least want closure.

Mallozzi saying "I think we can assume he died on the hive ship" is not closure. :mckay:

And yes: I do have a grudge, thank you ;)

Major_Griff
February 24th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if Ford somehow fit into Michael's plans to take revenge upon the Atlantis Expedition?

Reiko
February 24th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if Ford somehow fit into Michael's plans to take revenge upon the Atlantis Expedition?

Yup. But for Michael I still think he needs a weebit more motivation for taking revenge other than 'OMG they turned me into a human and so they must not live!'

I would actually want to see humans working for Michael. Like, super!Ford types. Maybe even super!Ford himself. Anything to get rid of those critters that look out of AVP :P

GATEGOD
February 24th, 2008, 03:51 PM
We need to go tackle some Beckett followers and make them tell us how to run a ford campaign!! We need him back and they seem to have fulfilled theirs!

Reiko
February 24th, 2008, 05:28 PM
We need to go tackle some Beckett followers and make them tell us how to run a ford campaign!! We need him back and they seem to have fulfilled theirs!

Not really - only partway fulfilled our goal ;) We're still working very hard.

Start by writing those letters - to skiffy, execs, and the magazines and try to get your letter printed :ford:

[mod snip]

GATEGOD
February 24th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I'd rather ask over and over at his evil blog and get him to finally say yes fine stop bugging me We'll bring back Ford :p

Colonel Edwards
February 25th, 2008, 06:52 AM
I would like to see Ford return for a few episodes like Carson. Maybe he has found something that makes him want to return to Atlantis and go with his old team on a mission to stop whatever it is that he has found. Instead of the team just capturing him.

The.Road.Not.Taken
February 25th, 2008, 07:10 AM
I would like to see Ford return for a few episodes like Carson. Maybe he has found something that makes him want to return to Atlantis and go with his old team on a mission to stop whatever it is that he has found. Instead of the team just capturing him.

thats too deja vu like his last episode but mabye the wiriter will actually kill him this time round

jash
February 25th, 2008, 02:30 PM
What if Ford and Micheal meet up and form an alliance they are in a away the same only done in a different way. They both would hate the SGA teams for what they did to them.

wizz_kid_sid
February 26th, 2008, 09:04 AM
What if Ford and Micheal meet up and form an alliance they are in a away the same only done in a different way. They both would hate the SGA teams for what they did to them.

Yeah I get what your saying. (Even though Ford brought it upon himself ;)) that would'nt be a bad way to bring Ford back though, Michael could be using Ford for his experiments as he is a human whos hooked on the enzymes, and the team just happens to end up rescuing him...
...Like they did with Carson at Michaels base

The.Road.Not.Taken
February 26th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Yeah I get what your saying. (Even though Ford brought it upon himself ;)) that would'nt be a bad way to bring Ford back though, Michael could be using Ford for his experiments as he is a human whos hooked on the enzymes, and the team just happens to end up rescuing him...
...Like they did with Carson at Michaels base

haha hopefully they accidently shoot ford or somit so then we'll have close sure on the matter lol hes in it for 5 seconds then dies lol!

wolverine_nl
February 26th, 2008, 09:33 AM
yes i think it could work, but then he needs to stay away from bad productions like AVP2 (he has a little role in that)

bjlovel
February 26th, 2008, 11:25 AM
What would be a good ending for Ford is to have Michael capture Shepperd's team and basically is about to kill Shepperd and out of no where Ford comes in and rescues the team. He tells them that he has been following Michael for some time so he knew that shep's team got captured. He then reveals a plan Michael has for Atlantis (maybe and ancient warship that michael found and he is having his followers of the wrath with the gene control the ship) and if the plan works, then Atlantis itself wont be able to defend itself because some how the drones would be able to penetrate the sheilds. (the frequency of the drones changed to match the frequency of the shield).

Ford then leaves and goes off on his own. So Shepperd's team tries to stop Michael from conducting his plan and they fail. Just before the ship unloads on Atlantis, Ford steps in and starts fighting with Michael. Ford tells Shep. not to worry about the ship. That it is already taken care off.

Ford is able to buy Shepperd a little time to to get off of the ship. The ship explodes with Michael and Ford on board. The final shot should be of Michael and Ford fighting then having Michael get the upper hand and escape off of the ship. As Ford tries too leave, his way gets blocked by a lot of wraith (30 or so) and his final words are "I guess this isn't a bad way of going out." and then have the ship explode and it incenerates the wraith and Ford

It's kind of how Ford was when the Hive ship exploded, but this way would just be a cool ending to Ford itself and that way we know for sure he is dead

GATEGOD
February 26th, 2008, 11:37 AM
What would be a good ending for Ford is to have Michael capture Shepperd's team and basically is about to kill Shepperd and out of no where Ford comes in and rescues the team. He tells them that he has been following Michael for some time so he knew that shep's team got captured. He then reveals a plan Michael has for Atlantis (maybe and ancient warship that michael found and he is having his followers of the wrath with the gene control the ship) and if the plan works, then Atlantis itself wont be able to defend itself because some how the drones would be able to penetrate the sheilds. (the frequency of the drones changed to match the frequency of the shield).

Ford then leaves and goes off on his own. So Shepperd's team tries to stop Michael from conducting his plan and they fail. Just before the ship unloads on Atlantis, Ford steps in and starts fighting with Michael. Ford tells Shep. not to worry about the ship. That it is already taken care off.

Ford is able to buy Shepperd a little time to to get off of the ship. The ship explodes with Michael and Ford on board. The final shot should be of Michael and Ford fighting then having Michael get the upper hand and escape off of the ship. As Ford tries too leave, his way gets blocked by a lot of wraith (30 or so) and his final words are "I guess this isn't a bad way of going out." and then have the ship explode and it incenerates the wraith and Ford

It's kind of how Ford was when the Hive ship exploded, but this way would just be a cool ending to Ford itself and that way we know for sure he is dead

After about halfway through your good idea, it began to fall to pieces. Sorry. ;)

Alan Wake
March 1st, 2008, 12:37 AM

LOL. I laughed so hard when i read that. so random it made it funny. :ford:

But really... How about a Replicator Ford?! Anyone?! It's a great idea.

The.Road.Not.Taken
March 1st, 2008, 01:46 AM
LOL. I laughed so hard when i read that. so random it made it funny. :ford:

But really... How about a Replicator Ford?! Anyone?! It's a great idea.

replicators have been done to death it wouldn't go down well

Damion Starr
March 1st, 2008, 11:12 PM
I NEED CLOSURE

At this point, I'd be elated if they brought him back, but they could at least make some sort of announcement on the show. My best idea is that someone finally asks John to make a decision on Ford's status. Last we heard, he was considered "MIA". That was about, what, three seasons ago? His family would want to know what happened. John might just have to change it to "missing, presumed dead" because I think a staus has to be changed after so long in the military. If they want to bring him back, I will be a VERY HAPPY FANGIRL. Otherwise, just tie up the storyline so I can stop worrying about it.

<3 :ford: <3 :sheppard: <3

:vortex04:

ColCaldwell
March 1st, 2008, 11:55 PM
Easy, he dials Atlantis, goes through, goes splat on the shield. THe End!

aj1304
March 2nd, 2008, 01:49 AM
Better yet... Super Ford + army of enzyme powered people take on Michael and his hybrids in a massive all out battle.

Pharaoh Atem
March 2nd, 2008, 05:08 AM
Better yet... Super Ford + army of enzyme powered people take on Michael and his hybrids in a massive all out battle.

with what....most likely ford's army won't have much weapons

The.Road.Not.Taken
March 2nd, 2008, 06:19 AM
with what....most likely ford's army won't have much weapons

ford dnt even have an army only a hand full of people who all need the enzyme to survive lol they all die in the middle of it becuase they cant get the enyzme

EH-T
March 4th, 2008, 09:37 AM
I liked :ford:. I don't see him coming back in any significant capacity but would like to see him back at least once to finish off that story line. Unfortunately, he has gone the way of :jonas: never to be mentioned again. You know, for all the talk of never leaving anyone behind, they leave or forget a lot of people. :ford: :jonas: :weir:

Zelda fan
July 13th, 2008, 09:30 AM
:ford: last we saw him he was on a hive and since then he has been absent from the series completely ......

how about a little love for Aden in season 5 :)

well he was in search and rescue in a dream so maybe joe and company are going to set something up for later in season 5 or 6

if anything it proves that it's still on john's mind

Briangate78
July 13th, 2008, 09:53 AM
well he was in search and rescue in a dream so maybe joe and company are going to set something up for later in season 5 or 6

if anything it proves that it's still on john's mind

I can tell ya the odds just went up for another Ford appearance. This time it could be in the real world.

jelgate
July 13th, 2008, 10:10 AM
If we ever see Ford again, I think it will be in alternate reality.

Briangate78
July 13th, 2008, 10:16 AM
If we ever see Ford again, I think it will be in alternate reality.

How do we know that? BTW, how did Sheppard learn how to fly a jumper? Think about it? How did Sheppard escape in "The Hive"? Where was Ford?

A Wraith Named Bob
July 13th, 2008, 11:11 AM

This is what I'd like to see too. I want him to come back. I just don't want them to do any clone/replicator/alternate universe things, kind of like with Beckett. I want him to somehow recover and get home to his poor old grandparents.

Major Tyler
July 15th, 2008, 05:19 PM
I can tell ya the odds just went up for another Ford appearance. This time it could be in the real world.Is this your opinion, or do you have some inside info?

Dark Soul
July 15th, 2008, 07:23 PM
How do we know that? BTW, how did Sheppard learn how to fly a jumper? Think about it? How did Sheppard escape in "The Hive"? Where was Ford?

I thought he knew how to fly a jumper since the beginning of season 1..?

A Wraith Named Bob
July 15th, 2008, 07:29 PM

He has.:sheppard:

Infinatus
July 15th, 2008, 07:50 PM

I think he meant to say dart.

AutumnDream
July 16th, 2008, 02:38 AM
Not really - only partway fulfilled our goal ;) We're still working very hard.

Start by writing those letters - to skiffy, execs, and the magazines and try to get your letter printed :ford:

[mod snip]

NOOOOOOO RAMPANT CENSORSHIP AUUUGGGHH

Yeah, Ford is pretty chill.

Ellaneshka
July 17th, 2008, 01:38 AM

Remove Keller please.

Bytor
July 17th, 2008, 05:53 AM
I can tell ya the odds just went up for another Ford appearance. This time it could be in the real world.

not that im a huge ford fan, but i think he got good in season 2.

I agree with you. I think the TPTB are planting seeds for a Ford appearance. If they didn't want him to be on the show anymore he wouldn't have been in Search and Rescue.

hotz69
July 18th, 2008, 12:33 AM
In the season opener, it appears Micheal has taken a jumper. The fact Micheal doesnt have the gene, could this mean Ford could be working with Micheal? Ford has flown a jumper before......
Just a thought............

Jumper_One
July 18th, 2008, 10:59 AM
In the season opener, it appears Micheal has taken a jumper. The fact Micheal doesnt have the gene, could this mean Ford could be working with Micheal? Ford has flown a jumper before......
Just a thought............

I think that's very unlikely

Major Tyler
July 18th, 2008, 01:54 PM
I think that's very unlikelyAgreed, because Aiden does not have the gene, either.

Infinatus
July 18th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Agreed, because Aiden does not have the gene, either.

Events in The Siege part 3 seem to suggest he does, though I think it's unlikely Ford would work for Michael.

jelgate
July 18th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Hot Zone says differnt and according to Martin Gero (writer of Siege III) when dialing the gate, the puddle jumper goes on autopilot

Infinatus
July 18th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Hot Zone says differnt and according to Martin Gero (writer of Siege III) when dialing the gate, the puddle jumper goes on autopilot

Still doesn't really clear up Sheppard telling Ford to stand down, Ford looking at him, looking back at the gate and then the jumper going through.

jelgate
July 18th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Thats what we call dramatic effect.

Shan Bruce Lee
July 18th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Didn't he say in 'Hot Zone' that it didn't take with him or something like that?

Infinatus
July 18th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Thats what we call dramatic effect.

The auto pilot still should have been mentioned in the show. Otherwise it would still be more logical to assume Ford got the gene therapy at some point.

And yes Martin Gero may have said that was what it was, but it still doesn't make sense in the context of the pause before going through the gate.

Infinatus
July 18th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Didn't he say in 'Hot Zone' that it didn't take with him or something like that?

From the transcript:

FORD (to Beckett): If I was given the gene shot right now, how long would it take to kick in?

BECKETT: A minimum of four hours.

hotz69
July 19th, 2008, 03:59 AM
well as far as we know he does have the gene and now that Micheals on the run, what better way or regaining some power than to convert someone like Ford into a hybrid.

GoSpikey
July 19th, 2008, 08:45 AM
No, as far as we know, Ford didn't have the gene...

About the gene:

In order to operate Wraith machinery (or let's call it eg. a Hive Ship), one must have a certain degree of Wraith genes, hence Teyla being able to somewhat pilot a Hive Ship in Misbegotten, and being way better at it in Spoils Of War, where she's pregnant, and the amount of Wraith genes in her body is about three times as much.

The Ancients had sort of an alike fail safe. You need the Ancient gene in order to just activate certain things, and then everyone can operate it (eg. the control room of an Ancient War Ship - in Travelers John and Larrin were concerned the Wraith could pilot the ship because Shep let the things stay on), or you need to have the gene to actually keep on operating systems (the Chair).

Not everybody on Atlantis 'gets' the gene therapy, I think. And even then only 47% will actually succeed in absorbing it, or whatever needs to happen with it.

If from Shep's team in season 1 Rodney and Ford got the gene therapy (Sheppard already had it, and Teyla won't be given it since she's an alien), wouldn't it be a too big coincidence that both of them actually managed to absorb it? That would mean they are at 100% between the two of them, and not 47%. Rodney's therapy had to work because he needs to operate things, but a, well, not much meaning character like Ford wouldn't need it.

(And no, I don't dislike Ford, but they didn't exactly write him with much meaning, every one of his jokes got shot down by Shep, the boy couldn't do anything good.)

As far as the gene in relation to season 5 goes:

We know that Beckett also has the ability to operate the Chair, as seen in Rising Part I, and some other episodes, so he has the Ancient gene.

We know that he was the one who created the gene therapy.

We know that Michael questioned him about some things in Misbegotten.

We know that Michael made a clone out of him since The Kindred Part II.

We know that Michael forced him to cooperate with his research, tell him everything he knew about eg. the retrovirus, or else a prisoner a day would die.

We can suspect that that's not all that Michael made him tell him. Michael also must have learned things about pregnancies from Beckett, since he's created an ultrasound that can help him see human babies (instead of Wraith ones, or his experiments in the pods?).

It's more than likely not uncommon knowledge among the Wraith that you need the Ancient gene to operate or activate their systems. It seems likely to me that Michael would also be gathering information about that, from Beckett. And Beckett would have complied, because it would mean the death of an innocent if he didn't. Therefore Michael has probably learned that Beckett carried the Ancient gene, and has made Carson make the gene therapy for himself, and maybe even his Hybrids. Either that, or he took blood, and isolated it himself.

End of the mystery why Michael was able to escape with the PJ.

I don't think Ford would willingly work with Michael, as Michael's Hybrids tend to get a bit brainless in the process.

hotz69
July 20th, 2008, 01:21 AM
All of that is true however how do u explain Fords ability to fly the Puddle jumper at the end of The Seige Part 3?

GATEGOD
July 20th, 2008, 02:59 AM
I need more Ford.

GoSpikey
July 20th, 2008, 05:36 AM
I don't exactly care, you see... ;)

GATEGOD
July 21st, 2008, 08:35 AM
:ford:

X-3-0-2
July 21st, 2008, 11:08 AM
Ford is dead :(

RIP

Arithmetica
July 21st, 2008, 02:08 PM
I think Ford’s departure in the earlier episodes were pretty weak imo. Lost Boys and The Hive where good episodes and made up for it though. I’ve been assuming he was blown up when the two Hives took each other out. Even more since we haven’t seen or heard anything about him since. Yet if he does reappear I hope they do something good with him.

I skimmed bits of the thread and the idea of him teaming up with Michael would be very cool and a fun twist.

Colonel Crawford
July 21st, 2008, 05:30 PM
Ford is one of my favorite characters. Make him a recurring bad guy again, SGA needs Ford.

Phantom6
July 21st, 2008, 09:58 PM
I'm glad they at least mentioned/showed him in the season premiere. I mean, at least we know they haven't completely forgotten him.

Seriously though, save him or kill him. Tie up the damned loose thread.

jenks
July 22nd, 2008, 12:58 PM
I'm glad they at least mentioned/showed him in the season premiere. I mean, at least we know they haven't completely forgotten him.

Seriously though, save him or kill him. Tie up the damned loose thread.

It's not really a loose thread, he was on a ship that blew up, consider him dead.

Infinatus
July 22nd, 2008, 01:39 PM
It's not really a loose thread, he was on a ship that blew up, consider him dead.

I considered him dead when I watched the episode. That is, until Sheppard said something that seemed like the writers winking at the audience.

Darth Marty
July 29th, 2008, 11:13 AM
He cant be dead as it was a weak way to kill a regular. Cant we end this one way or the other by asking a producer/writer/head honcho? Damn I wish someone had asked the question at comic con or another similar event!! Please ask if anyone gets the chance in the future!

Infinatus
July 30th, 2008, 07:14 PM
People have asked on Joseph Mallozzi's blog however each time the answer has usually not been very hopeful, except more recently before S&R aired when he said something like "you never know in sci fi" however he was most likely just referring to... (S&R spoilers)

the dream sequence.

Disappointing as it is, the writers never demonstrated any interest in developing Ford as a character. He is also the only major character in the history of Stargate to not have a character exploration episode in the first season, Weir and Becket being given an episode each instead (though ironically they were both killed off).

solarhelios
July 31st, 2008, 01:49 PM
I'd love to see at least one ford episode to finish his story arc.

as said before to send him back to his grandparents for a good ending or to have him as a recurring later on, as which he gives the team some wraith intel

Infinatus
August 9th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Well now that the story details for Identity have been revealed, the last episode that could have possibly been a Ford episode is well... Not a Ford episode. Maybe next year I guess, though I won't hold my breath. And if he doesn't appear next year and Jason Momoa leaves for season 7, he's definitely never coming back.

Positively Kanyon
August 9th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Has anyone visited the wallpaper section of Stargate Atlantis' site on Sci-Fi.com lately?

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/downloads/desktops/

Scroll to the bottom and you can see a Ford wallpaper that is in the same style as the other "new" Atlantis wallpapers... A clue perhaps?

I might be reading into it too much, as it could have been a stock photo with a cut and paste job onto the new background, to match up with the other cast members.

GATEGOD
August 22nd, 2008, 03:39 PM
Now that there isn't any more seasons, and ford will never show up, I'm pissed. Hehe. And sad! :(

Jeff O'Connor
August 22nd, 2008, 04:42 PM
You know, I'm thinking with the telefilms on the way, it would be a great opportunity to pursue this.

Infinatus
August 22nd, 2008, 04:43 PM
Yeah but I think it's too much to hope for that he'd be in a DVD movie. Keep in mind the movie will be written by the two M's and they've never exactly been enthusiastic about Ford. :mckay:

Jeff O'Connor
August 22nd, 2008, 04:50 PM
Quite true. All the same, though, that's just the first telefilm. Perhaps future iterations won't be written by them, and if any of the other writers get a hold of script-writing privileges, there'd be a higher probability.

I'm not meaning to start a Second-Generational 'It's Quite Possible' Campaign, but I think it's... somewhat likely, at least, that the writers will take more cues from the fans than with the traditional series and that could lead to some vague resolution, at least.

balance of justice
August 24th, 2008, 07:32 AM
i love ford and i love ronan if they dont give you your happy ending how about a tragic but honerable death one where he fights overwelming numbers but dies in shepards hands and have one of those touching memorials but ether way i wanna see ford back even if it is just to answer the question did he suvive and finnish of the character kindof like what they did with pops i just got pissed of whne the intodused *michael* because all those episodes where they were running around after michael they could have been developing a ford storyline.