PDA

View Full Version : Homeland security in the stargate universe spoilers

Pharaoh Atem
February 1st, 2008, 07:12 PM
Was anyone else surprised that Homeland security seems to know nothing about the Atlantis mission or even stargate command??? i mean Nancy didn't seem to know and Sheppard made no effort to tell her

i would think it would work hand and hand with homeworld security??

Shan Bruce Lee
February 1st, 2008, 07:17 PM
Maybe she just didn't have the clearance.

Pudding
February 1st, 2008, 07:24 PM
They probably are just working under the idea that "the less people who know, the better".

Anyways, Nancy said that "walls went up fast", or something to that effect - obviously, some people know what's going on.

Ruffles
February 1st, 2008, 07:29 PM
They probably are just working under the idea that "the less people who know, the better".

Anyways, Nancy said that "walls went up fast", or something to that effect - obviously, some people know what's going on.

Agreed. She's probably too far down the food chain to be in the know. And I've heard the government agencies aren't real keen on sharing so I doubt Homeworld Security is known outside of the highest levels (the name alone would raise a few brows).

g.o.d
February 2nd, 2008, 05:45 AM
need to know basis. That's all

SaberBlade
February 2nd, 2008, 07:32 AM
I don't really think Aliens, the stargate and offworld expiditions would really be covered by the Homeland security, that's why they created HomeWorld Security.

Zoser
February 2nd, 2008, 08:30 AM
Why didn't he ask O'Neill? They could have used a telephone ploy since RDA isn't around.

Avenger
February 2nd, 2008, 09:58 AM
US Government agencies are notorious for not sharing information with each other. It took 9/11 before all the various federal law enforcement agencies were required to share information.

If there was anyone is DHS that knows about DHWS, it would be someone at the very top, if that.

Mitchell82
February 2nd, 2008, 12:56 PM
US Government agencies are notorious for not sharing information with each other. It took 9/11 before all the various federal law enforcement agencies were required to share information.

If there was anyone is DHS that knows about DHWS, it would be someone at the very top, if that.

Exactly. The less people that know the easier to cover up. Believe me I know.

Fenrir Foxz
February 2nd, 2008, 01:00 PM
I don't really think Aliens, the stargate and offworld expiditions would really be covered by the Homeland security, that's why they created HomeWorld Security.

I agree...

Exactly. The less people that know the easier to cover up. Believe me I know.

Is that experience talking? :P

any_gopher
February 2nd, 2008, 01:18 PM
She worked for HomeLAND security, not HomeWORLD Security.

Besides, nobody in our freakin' government knows what anyone else in our government is doing.

Mitchell82
February 2nd, 2008, 01:53 PM
I agree...

Is that experience talking? :P

Yup.

jelgate
February 2nd, 2008, 08:04 PM
Exactly. The less people that know the easier to cover up. Believe me I know.Do tell

Avenger
February 2nd, 2008, 09:01 PM
He might have to kill you.

nx01a
February 2nd, 2008, 09:09 PM
I was surprised John would ask her for information on nanite research. That's about as classified as the 303s/304s and Atlantis and everything else the show's about. There're the black ops research projects Homeland Security knows about/runs and then there're the ones Homeworld Security knows about/runs, and this one is firmly far above her head, even as a 'director'. I'm also surprised the people she asked even knew about it, much less did something as obvious as throwing up walls. Bad spies! Bad! I'm completely shocked that she came up with anything!

Quinn Mallory
February 2nd, 2008, 11:08 PM
I was surprised John would ask her for information on nanite research. That's about as classified as the 303s/304s and Atlantis and everything else the show's about. There're the black ops research projects Homeland Security knows about/runs and then there're the ones Homeworld Security knows about/runs, and this one is firmly far above her head, even as a 'director'. I'm also surprised the people she asked even knew about it, much less did something as obvious as throwing up walls. Bad spies! Bad! I'm completely shocked that she came up with anything!

I concur. That was a rather contrived plot point. I do like the extra interaction between the two characters but it just looked like Sheppard must be really desparate to do something for him to contact her about this. I guess it's also possible that Sheppard had some ulterior motives for seeing her again.

Road Dogg JR
February 3rd, 2008, 09:39 AM
He asked her what she knew or could find out bout project Archetype, if she knew then it was obvious she had clearance but if she didn't he knew (or should have known) that she wouldn't be able to find out

Mitchell82
February 3rd, 2008, 11:27 AM
He might have to kill you.

Not too far off. I can't say anything.

Mitchell82
February 3rd, 2008, 11:28 AM
He didn't. He ask about a project he said nothing about what he was looking for.

Lady Bastet
February 6th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Of course the entire outlook of “they are only machines” has actually been the direct cause of the threats posed by both the Replicators and the Asurans.

Our heroes found the best possible resolution for Ava because they knew what Homeworld Security would do to her. However the SGC needs to develop a policy of what constitutes a life-form or risk repeating the mistakes of the Ancients.

Mitchell82
February 6th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Of course the entire outlook of “they are only machines” has actually been the direct cause of the threats posed by both the Replicators and the Asurans.

Our heroes found the best possible resolution for Ava because they knew what Homeworld Security would do to her. However the SGC needs to develop a policy of what constitutes a life-form or risk repeating the mistakes of the Ancients.
Agreed.

nx01a
February 7th, 2008, 05:31 PM
He didn't. He ask about a project he said nothing about what he was looking for.
I don't mean that he asked her to go looking for nanite research specifically, but that was what the project in question was about. He didn't tell her the specifics but the specifics should have meant that she got nothing when she did search, because the specifics are way over her security cleared head.:sheppard:

Mitchell82
February 8th, 2008, 10:23 AM
I don't mean that he asked her to go looking for nanite research specifically, but that was what the project in question was about. He didn't tell her the specifics but the specifics should have meant that she got nothing when she did search, because the specifics are way over her security cleared head.:sheppard:

Which she didn't. She really didn't find much.