PDA

View Full Version : Your deepest Darkest Season 5 desires

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Col.Foley
February 1st, 2008, 06:21 PM
What are they, share discuss, coment, opine, don't be a popin jay. (Thanks Darren for the idea.)

Chrysalis
February 1st, 2008, 06:32 PM
Weir back. Fulltime. Actually, I'd like to go back in time, have season 4 not exist, and have Weir and Carson back.

Carter I can handle, but I'd want Keller gone. Feed her to the wraith, for crying out loud. She's the worst character ever created, IMO, and now it looks like they're creating another pretty little girl for season five.

Uncle Tobias
February 1st, 2008, 06:36 PM
I want Teyla to sing again

PG15
February 1st, 2008, 07:01 PM
I'm afraid I will be risking some serious damages to my reputation (or even my perceived humanity) should I reveal my deepest...darkest Season 5 desires. ;)

Seriously though...more arc-based storylines! This season was pretty good in that regard, and if they keep this up, it can only get better!

Killdeer
February 1st, 2008, 07:04 PM
A Rodney and Teyla episode.

Seriously. These two get no time together. It's gotten absolutely ridiculous.

Other than that, lots of team-based (and by team I mean all four) episodes.

MediumMediumer
February 1st, 2008, 07:37 PM
I'd like to see John actually have something with one of these women he always finds without them disappearing in the very same episode. I like the drama it creates. Actually just those in general. I enjoy Rodney and Katie's relationship as well. Keller and Ronon not as much... but I chuckle to think of the awkward glances exchanged at the end of Quarantine.

Pharaoh Atem
February 1st, 2008, 07:38 PM
we lose a 304 in the most dramatic sad way possible .... try to top ethon

reddevil18
February 1st, 2008, 08:01 PM
Wraith sex scene.

Repli!kat
February 1st, 2008, 08:06 PM
The Wedding of Dr. Rodney McKay and Lt.Col John Sheppard ;)

Col.Foley
February 1st, 2008, 08:08 PM
we lose a 304 in the most dramatic sad way possible .... try to top ethon
I like that idea, at the same time I dislike that idea.

reddevil18
February 1st, 2008, 08:11 PM
I think a dramatic destruction won't work...What? Ramming something? Meh...been there, done that on BSG and then with the Hive in SoW. I think losing it in a stupid manner would work...Ellis gets drunk and crashes it into the moon...It would also work as a nice campaign against drunk driving.

Col.Foley
February 1st, 2008, 08:21 PM
I think a dramatic destruction won't work...What? Ramming something? Meh...been there, done that on BSG and then with the Hive in SoW. I think losing it in a stupid manner would work...Ellis gets drunk and crashes it into the moon...It would also work as a nice campaign against drunk driving.
LOL

Uncle Tobias
February 1st, 2008, 08:24 PM

hahaha, ok I change my vote to this

methosivanhoe
February 1st, 2008, 08:25 PM
1. Weir coming back

2. lots of Weir and Sheppard eye sex

3. Ronon and Jenn finally getting together after months of angst between the two.

4. a new bad guy... a really evil one, not one that negotiates like the Wraith, or one that's just 'programmed to be evil' like the Replicators... something that is so evil it would make the Goa'uld look like kittens.

5. more exploration of Atlantis... it's supposed to be the size of manhatten, and we've seen about 15 rooms so far... come on, this is supposed to be 'exploration' isn't it?

M

xx_luvSheppard_xx
February 1st, 2008, 08:31 PM
Teyla and sheppard get together. Either that or McKay/Sheppard. Tee Hee!!!

Killdeer
February 1st, 2008, 08:36 PM
LOL. One of my deepest darkest S5 wishes is for Sheppard to confess to Teyla that he thinks of her as a sister. :)

reddevil18
February 1st, 2008, 08:39 PM
LOL. One of my deepest darkest S5 wishes is for Sheppard to confess to Teyla that he thinks of her as a sister. :)

And then say that he's into incest...

Killdeer
February 1st, 2008, 08:42 PM
And then say that he's into incest...

Where's that vomiting icon when I need it? :S :D

On a serious note, I don't like J/T ship. Sorry 'bout that. So yeah, a deepest darkest desire would be to see it killed dead dead dead. But it'll never happen.

reddevil18
February 1st, 2008, 08:46 PM
I'm not a shipper, but, if I were, I wouldn't be a J/T shipper, so...yeah...
In fact, I don't really like Teyla that much.

Chrysalis
February 1st, 2008, 09:05 PM
New showrunners.

These ones can't even get bringing in a new commander right. Surely they should have thought when they brought Amanda over that she was going to want to move on after ten years with the franchise.

And now we have three commanders in three years.

What a joke.

Amaunet
February 1st, 2008, 09:06 PM
I'd seriously like someone to shake Todd's hand

:lol:

ladyjanus
February 1st, 2008, 09:06 PM
Not all that deep and not all that dark...

Some kind — ANY kind — of committed relationship between any two of the characters. Something realistic, something grown-up, something to keep all us poor lonely shippers glued to the screen.

Preferences? JS/TE, RD/JK, RM/EW (we are talking wishful thinking here, aren't we), EL/anybody.

And love scenes...I don't care who's in ’em, I crave love scenes...

ladyjanus

reddevil18
February 1st, 2008, 09:08 PM
And love scenes...I don't care who's in ’em, I crave love scenes...

So you're down with my Wraith suggestion, then? Michael/Todd?

Amaunet
February 1st, 2008, 09:12 PM
New showrunners.

These ones can't even get bringing in a new commander right. Surely they should have thought when they brought Amanda over that she was going to want to move on after ten years with the franchise.

What a joke.

I truthfully think TPTB have done a damn good job over the years but I have to agree with you on the bold..i don't really like the idea of having three commanders in three years

Heaven
February 1st, 2008, 09:12 PM
I want to see Earth whumped by the Wraith/Replicators
I mean at least a city or two

or better yet. the wraith arrive at Earth and the ZPM overloads in the antarctic outpost.
seriously I'd love to see how the expedition would react if Earth was destroyed.

Col.Foley
February 1st, 2008, 09:17 PM
I want to see Earth whumped by the Wraith/Replicators
I mean at least a city or two

or better yet. the wraith arrive at Earth and the ZPM overloads in the antarctic outpost.
seriously I'd love to see how the expedition would react if Earth was destroyed.
Weir, or Shep, Shep, would just do an Adama imitation.

PG15
February 1st, 2008, 09:19 PM
The 3 commanders thing don't bother me. They did the same thing on SG1 (although I guess you can dislike that too).

Uncle Tobias
February 1st, 2008, 09:20 PM
In all seriousness I would love to see an Alternate Universe ep where the Ori had totalled Earth and Atlantis was the last sanctuary of humanity (or earth humans anyway)..

maybe it would be too similiar to BSG though, but still.

Chrysalis
February 1st, 2008, 09:22 PM
The 3 commanders thing don't bother me. They did the same thing on SG1 (although I guess you can dislike that too).

Well, I gave up on SG1 when RDA left. So I guess that answers your question.

Heaven
February 1st, 2008, 09:22 PM
In all seriousness I would love to see an Alternate Universe ep where the Ori had totalled Earth and Atlantis was the last sanctuary of humanity (or earth humans anyway)..

now that sounds like a good idea

Col.Foley
February 1st, 2008, 09:23 PM

maybe it would be too similiar to BSG though, but still.
Even with the simularities to BSG, I love that idea, it would be so frakkin cool.

Amaunet
February 1st, 2008, 09:28 PM
Someone earlier mentioned a Mckay and Teyla episode, i'd like that too because they're the two main characters that really haven't had much screentime together. We didn't even see Mckays reaction to Teylas pregnancy..

Killdeer
February 1st, 2008, 09:30 PM
Someone earlier mentioned a Mckay and Teyla episode, i'd like that too because they're the two main characters that really haven't had much screentime together. We didn't even see Mckays reaction to Teylas pregnancy..

That was me, and yeah, I really want that badly. Teyla and Rodney have had almost no screentime or building of a relationship, and I was quite frustrated that Rodney got cut out of the pregnancy thing.

ladyjanus
February 1st, 2008, 09:31 PM
Answering reddevil18:

Are you talking wraith/human or wraith/wraith?

More info on Wraith society/culture/history would be cool, but is the viewing audience in general ready for wraith love?

ladyjanus

reddevil18
February 1st, 2008, 09:32 PM
Yeah, I'd like Rodeny to be Teyla's rock when her child is brutally murdered...Perhaps eaten by a creature similar to that in SG-1's "The Tomb"...

reddevil18
February 1st, 2008, 09:34 PM
Answering reddevil18:

Are you talking wraith/human or wraith/wraith?

More info on Wraith society/culture/history would be cool, but is the viewing audience in general ready for wraith love?

ladyjanus

Wraith/Wraith, of course! And wouldn't Wraith/human be...you know...more disturbing?
Like I said, make it all Wraith but, to add a nice spin to it, make it a gay Wraith...Graith, if you will! I mean, just one queen...gotta happen sooner or later...

Col.Foley
February 1st, 2008, 09:36 PM
This thread has become disturbing, but oh so hysterical.

Amaunet
February 1st, 2008, 09:38 PM
^ :indeed:

That was me, and yeah, I really want that badly. Teyla and Rodney have had almost no screentime or building of a relationship, and I was quite frustrated that Rodney got cut out of the pregnancy thing.

Ah sorry, i was wondering who it was :) I was fustrated too! I really think it would be interesting to see more moments and an episode that revolved around Teyla and Rodney

BTW, your sigs are beautiful. :)

Thankyou :D I love your sig too! :D

ladyjanus
February 1st, 2008, 09:53 PM
gay Wraith...Graith, if you will! I mean, just one queen...gotta happen sooner or later...

hmmmm... that's an idea that'll stir up the fan fiction writers...

ladyjanus

ykickamoocow
February 1st, 2008, 10:23 PM
A McKay and Teyla body swap episode :)

jelgate
February 1st, 2008, 10:28 PM
I want an episode that brings peace and harmoney to the forum.

Col.Foley
February 1st, 2008, 10:33 PM
Best one I have heard! :lol:

Mitchell82
February 1st, 2008, 10:41 PM
New showrunners.

What a joke.
Yeah these guys are so bad at their job that they forgot to use their psychic powers to know that sanctuary would become a TV show and that AT would now have conflicting carrer options. This isn't their fault or AT's. She had a tough choice to make and I don't blame her. They are still more than capable of delivering a great season.

Mitchell82
February 1st, 2008, 10:45 PM
*ahem**cue star spankled banner music*
"Oh say do the fans, of StarGate Atlantis, peace must be made, or explode they will.";)

Fenrir Foxz
February 1st, 2008, 10:46 PM

Well if Santa is an Ascended Ancient maybe you'll get it for Christmas... :P

*Maybe*

Best one I have heard! :lol:

Yup :D

Rodneyanavalosa to return!
The plant in all it's glory should smite the Wraith!

No? ok then... :P

Mitchell82
February 1st, 2008, 10:47 PM
My hope for season 5 is that a new commander can add new light to the show. Most likely we will only have one departure, Carter and possibly 2 or more new and or returning faces. Sounds good to me.

Fenrir Foxz
February 1st, 2008, 10:50 PM
My hope for season 5 is that a new commander can add new light to the show. Most likely we will only have one departure, Carter and possibly 2 or more new and or returning faces. Sounds good to me.

Same here... although I wouldn't class that as my deepest darkest desire :D :P

Mitchell82
February 1st, 2008, 10:51 PM
Same here... although I wouldn't class that as my deepest darkest desire :D :P

If I listed mine I'd be banned.

Fenrir Foxz
February 1st, 2008, 10:53 PM
If I listed mine I'd be banned.

:indeed: LMAO! :D

Platschu
February 1st, 2008, 11:38 PM
I think they should lose some part of the city (1/6), so they need to change the outside CGI into a ruined Atlantis.

I hope Michael's minions will have a name and they will have such evolution ways as the zergs in Starcraft. :D

I would like to see a room for Todd in Atlantis. He should be a member of the expedition to play the "alien card".

We need more story about the Iratus bugs and the Iratus-Human hybrid type aliens, what we could see in Instinct. They were the first Wraith or something else happened in their evolution?

Teyla and Kanaan should be a pair to show that a happily married character can live in the SG realm too.

New alien races should appear to see that the Pegasus galaxy isn't so quiet as we thought.

They should never make a fake-Atlantis episode again. The city will lost his special status, if every Replicator can rebuild it in hours.

More mythology, more story about the gate system(s).

Uber
February 1st, 2008, 11:49 PM
A Rodney and Teyla episode.

Seriously. These two get no time together. It's gotten absolutely ridiculous.

Other than that, lots of team-based (and by team I mean all four) episodes.What are you talking about...they've had lots of time together on screen! I'll bet you missed the whole 38 seconds they shared together in Vengeance, didn't you? ;)

PS...I agree with you.

ykickamoocow
February 1st, 2008, 11:58 PM
What are you talking about...they've had lots of time together on screen! I'll bet you missed the whole 38 seconds they shared together in Vengeance, didn't you? ;)

PS...I agree with you.

Its one of the reasons why i really like my McKay/Teyla body swap idea.

Plus i think it would be really funny to see Rachel Luttrell act like McKay and to see David Hewlett act like Teyla :)

Fenrir Foxz
February 2nd, 2008, 12:05 AM
Its one of the reasons why i really like my McKay/Teyla body swap idea.

Plus i think it would be really funny to see Rachel Luttrell act like McKay and to see David Hewlett act like Teyla :)

Yeah that would be really funny :D

Uber
February 2nd, 2008, 12:09 AM
I think my deep dark desire for Season 5 is similar to Jason Mamoa's...that something happens and Ronon feels completely betrayed by his team and he goes dark. Really, really dark. And I wouldn't want it to be a one off...but an arc of at least a few episodes, where we see him progress further and further into the abyss.

But of course, I want him back so something would have to happen where he returns to the team...but I would enjoy it if there was a lingering after effect; that even with him back, he's still leery and uncertain...and his teammates have to prove themselves to him again and earn his trust again.

Jeff O'Connor
February 2nd, 2008, 03:35 AM
1.) Elizabeth gets a good 5+ episodes, and each of them are actually very central to her, expand on the situation and continue her character development with the grace and importance she deserves. The odds of her returning as commander are quite slim, at least for the time being, so give her this much. Do a well-written and powerfully executed process on what has happened to her, have much of her original personality 'deeply embedded within' and whatnot, and lots of angst, character reactions to her temporary return, so on, so forth. Deal with the splinter group of Replicators, focusing on her, and make me capable of accepting the loss of Torri Higginson because I'll have these great prospective episodes with her uber-important.

2.) Aiden Ford is given the honors of the mid-season two-parter to follow-up with him and grant him one last big hurrah of a powerful story, wrapping things up quite nicely and then sending him off one way or another (which I covered in another thread) as a potential guest here and there further into the series' run.

3.) Carson Beckett becomes a recurring character again with 12+ episodes, and has one directly devoted to him.

4.) Todd becomes a regular. Just because.

5.) A new, powerful enemy, complete with badassery as-of-yet unrivaled.

6.) Plenty more alien races.

7.) Genii. Lots of them, lots of episodes about them, lots of episodes involving confrontations between Atlantis and them, leading into a more realistic and permanent alliance with them that will see them combating the new enemy and the Wraith together regularly and effectively. Speaking of Genii...

8.) Some way, somehow, KOLYA.

reddevil18
February 2nd, 2008, 08:24 AM
So, no one likes my Graith idea? :( Prudes!

Col.Foley
February 2nd, 2008, 08:26 AM
I think my deep dark desire for Season 5 is similar to Jason Mamoa's...that something happens and Ronon feels completely betrayed by his team and he goes dark. Really, really dark. And I wouldn't want it to be a one off...but an arc of at least a few episodes, where we see him progress further and further into the abyss.

But of course, I want him back so something would have to happen where he returns to the team...but I would enjoy it if there was a lingering after effect; that even with him back, he's still leery and uncertain...and his teammates have to prove themselves to him again and earn his trust again.
Love it,
and the Graith, I am not sure TPTB would do something that contraversial. This is not Torchwood after all.

reddevil18
February 2nd, 2008, 08:39 AM
Love it,
and the Graith, I am not sure TPTB would do something that contraversial. This is not Torchwood after all.

Well, damn it, they should! Think about the headlines! "TV history being made: gay space vampires! Sucking all around!" - the ratings would go through the roof!

kymeric
February 2nd, 2008, 08:39 AM
New showrunners.

What a joke.

And how many did SG1 have in 10 years... 5? Hammond, that one general for an ep, Weir, Oneill and Landry. Its a job position not a pope-ish appointment for life.

Eri13
February 2nd, 2008, 09:01 AM

Um, you do realize that some things are not possible, even in sci-fi? :)

I shall add:

Rodney, realizing his importance as protector of all children thanks to the portrait in Harmony, shall take it upon himself to be godfather to Teyla's baby and we shall see more than ten episodes with him sporting Teyla Jr. in an Athosian baby bjorn.

Ronon, after cutting his dreds and thereby realizing his symbolic connection with the locks-shorn Michael, shall take a dark turn and re-establish himself as a runner--only this time engaging rebel Genii is win-or-die foot races.

Teyla, seeing as how she will now be the only major female character, shall abandon SGA-1 in order to better serve as the caretaker of Atlantis, which is not limited to doing all the washing, scrubbing down the gate everyday, and cooking potfuls of Tuttle-Root soup so the expedition shall eat more healthily.

Sheppard, seeing as he will have to deal with the angst of: losing his first commander to 'death', losing his second commander to a greenlit sci-fi series, losing a CMO in less than a year, losing a teammate to pregnancy, losing his father, losing his favorite leather jacket, losing his ability to charm women (of any age) and losing his smile somewhere after episode 10, shall determine to be a winner again, and will spend a large portion of the season meditating in hopes of Ascending (cuz no one's ascended yet in SGA and it's been five years).

Katie Brown: Will bring back Rodney Annavillosa to Earth and make the astonishing discovery it cures all diseases much more effectively than any nanite programs. However, those allergic to citrus cannot benefit from its effects.

Jennifer Keller: Will realize that, with the reappearance of Carson, that being a doctor was not her true calling, and that as a bonafide genius she is exceptionally gifted in engine repair. She will strike out as an engineer and head to the edge of the Black.

The Genii: Will see that Atlantis is no longer worth the effort of alliance. They seek out the Travellers, who hook up with them because the similarities to dank underground bases and dank sublight spaceships is just too uncanny not to notice. Larrin and Radeem hook-up and become the only true Ship pairing approved in the SGA universe.

Allison Porter: Will come to the Pegasus galaxy looking to stir-up excitement amongst the ranks, but quickly learns anyone who attempts to stir-up anything might possibly be blown up, left for dead, and never reappear. She contents herself with answering unnecessary questions for Major Lorne, with whom she shares intimate looks BUT IT'S NOT A SHIP.

Radek Zelenka: Learns he is really a descended, banished Ancient, which is why all the crazy things that have happened on Atlantis have gone right. He exerts his authority over the city and the IOA agree to let him have control so long as everything confidential he writes is written in Czech.

The Wraith: After discovering that Pegasus is simply primitive, they begin to sniff around and discover that there are other Universes beyond their reach that don't have pesky Earthlings foiling them at every turn. They start sending hive ships beyond the reaches of the galaxy in the hopes of being in the next spin-off.

Weir: Spends her time tolling around the universe breaking hearts in her new leather jacket, and then erasing everyone's memory of the encounter thanks to her nanite-hand-reaching-in-head capabilities. Without John Sheppard to collaborate with her on decisions, and incapable of shouting "GO" at an army of replicators, she contents herself with disgruntling viewers by random, teaser appearances that have little to do with the plot synopsis.

In short--I just want Weir back in more than two episodes.

skydragon786
February 2nd, 2008, 09:15 AM
4. a new bad guy... a really evil one, not one that negotiates like the Wraith, or one that's just 'programmed to be evil' like the Replicators... something that is so evil it would make the Goa'uld look like kittens.

110% agree with this. SG-1 had Anubis, Baal, Apophis etc. Atlantis needs a bad guy like that, but bigger, and there are plenty of opportunities to have one. Maybe a leader of the Wraith that unites all the factions, and goes all out against humans, or I dunno - But they need someone. If Joe is reading this.. Please, make it happen!

And I know I've said it before, and I'll say it again - More Ancients!

ykickamoocow
February 2nd, 2008, 09:29 AM
110% agree with this. SG-1 had Anubis, Baal, Apophis etc. Atlantis needs a bad guy like that, but bigger, and there are plenty of opportunities to have one. Maybe a leader of the Wraith that unites all the factions, and goes all out against humans, or I dunno - But they need someone. If Joe is reading this.. Please, make it happen!

And I know I've said it before, and I'll say it again - More Ancients!

SG1 negotiated with Ba'al all the time and he was arguably one of the least evil Goa'uld's.

MartianManhunter
February 2nd, 2008, 09:33 AM
For some really awesome episodes that keep the show going for a very long time.

Col.Foley
February 2nd, 2008, 09:43 AM
Well, damn it, they should! Think about the headlines! "TV history being made: gay space vampires! Sucking all around!" - the ratings would go through the roof!
I bet they would.

Mitchell82
February 2nd, 2008, 11:08 AM
And how many did SG1 have in 10 years... 5? Hammond, that one general for an ep, Weir, Oneill and Landry. Its a job position not a pope-ish appointment for life.

Very good point.

Bonbon
February 2nd, 2008, 11:12 AM
kill keller, terrible character. get rid of carter, this isn't freakin' sg-1. bring back carson and weir.

more two parters. hotter wraith! :D

a
lot
more
michael

ciannwn
February 2nd, 2008, 11:51 AM
The team runs into Lucius Lavin again and Sheppard and co. continue to regard him as a harmless buffoon. This is a big mistake because he became a Wraith worshipper in order to save his own skin since the last time they saw him. He tries to lead them into a trap but, luckily for them, the team members become suspicious. It's not difficult to get him to talk because he's the type who will tell anyone anything if he thinks it will get him out of trouble. The end result is that the Wraith realise he's completely useless as a spy or double agent and one of them has him for lunch.

s09119
February 2nd, 2008, 11:58 AM
I'd like to see an American 304 get destroyed, an Ancient ship be found and kept, and a commander that will stick around for a good, long time.

These three things TPTB just can't seem to do even when it makes sense...

ykickamoocow
February 2nd, 2008, 12:05 PM
McKay becomes a Tok'ra :)

dasNdanger
February 2nd, 2008, 12:05 PM
I just want more Todd...and continued shaky alliances between humans and a few Wraith. That will keep me watching, certain sure. I'm really tired of the Wraith being the 'red shirts' of SGA....even the Star Trek didn't kill off so many Klingons in all their different shows as SGA has managed to do in just 3 and a half seasons...

So - more Todd - and more Wraith character development...and interaction with humans on a sustained level.

das

reddevil18
February 2nd, 2008, 12:08 PM
Oh, and did I mention that I want Teyla's kid brutally murdered? Well...a peaceful death, by suffocation will do as well, I guess...

Professor Chaos
February 2nd, 2008, 12:13 PM
I'd like to see an American 304 get destroyed, an Ancient ship be found and kept, and a commander that will stick around for a good, long time.

These three things TPTB just can't seem to do even when it makes sense...It would have been cool to see them keep an Ancient ship in season 1, but they're old news now. 304's with Asgard tech can mop the floor with them. How about a 304 getting destroyed and replaced by a redesigned 305 with Asgard & Ancient tech. Instead of simply assigning a new commander to it they could station it at Atlantis.

What I really want to see in season 5 is more space fights. It could be between the Wraith, the Replicators, or the Russians for all I care, just show me the fireworks.

s09119
February 2nd, 2008, 12:14 PM
Oh, and did I mention that I want Teyla's kid brutally murdered? Well...a peaceful death, by suffocation will do as well, I guess...

o_O

That's somewhat... violent...

Fenrir Foxz
February 2nd, 2008, 12:15 PM
What I really want to see in season 5 is more space fights. It could be between the Wraith, the Replicators, or the Russians for all I care, just show me the fireworks.

Yeah I would really like to see more space battles... if they are anything like BAMSR or better, AWSOME! :D

reddevil18
February 2nd, 2008, 12:22 PM

Professor Chaos, indeed. The name certainly suits you...:p But without an increase in budget, I don't see how we can get too many quality space battles...Unless you want 3 episodes like BAMSR and 17 in which the team stands in one room, playing cards and doing interpretive dance routines to express the intended plot, because there's no money for anything else.

reddevil18
February 2nd, 2008, 12:24 PM
o_O

That's somewhat... violent...

Yes? :samanime27:

Killdeer
February 2nd, 2008, 12:26 PM
Professor Chaos, indeed. The name certainly suits you...:p But without an increase in budget, I don't see how we can get too many quality space battles...Unless you want 3 episodes like BAMSR and 17 in which the team stands in one room, playing cards and doing interpretive dance routines to express the intended plot, because there's no money for anything else.

True enough. I was not so impressed with Quarantine, and that episode was a direct result of blowing their budget on BAMSR and needing a "bottle episode". I don't want many more episodes like that.

Mitchell82
February 2nd, 2008, 12:37 PM

Thats just cruel.:mckay:

reddevil18
February 2nd, 2008, 12:43 PM
What's wrong with a little cruelty once in a blue moon? Come on! Just one small child...Kill him. Oh...and have Teyla go insane because of that...Yeah, can't forget about that.
Nothing too radical!
Oh, and the Graith, can't forget the Graith!

PG15
February 2nd, 2008, 12:48 PM

I actually find it very funny in a cosmic sort of way that switching the leaders of the base is looked down upon, while the switching of the showrunners, the "leaders" of the show, is being wished for. :D

Do you want to change leaders, or make them stay? Make up your mind. :p

Col.Foley
February 2nd, 2008, 12:55 PM
I actually find it very funny in a cosmic sort of way that switching the leaders of the base is looked down upon, while the switching of the showrunners, the "leaders" of the show, is being wished for. :D

Do you want to change leaders, or make them stay? Make up your mind. :p
Heck, I want both, I want the leaders of both the show, and the base to stay. Am I the only one vaguely looking forward to Allison Porter.

Professor Chaos
February 2nd, 2008, 01:24 PM
Heck, I want both, I want the leaders of both the show, and the base to stay. Am I the only one vaguely looking forward to Allison Porter.I'm looking forward to her as well. She could be a new favorite if they do her character right. At worst she's another Lorne, at best she's a replacement for Teyla.:P

reddevil18
February 2nd, 2008, 01:27 PM
I'm looking forward to her as well. She could be a new favorite if they do her character right. At worst she's another Lorne, at best she's a replacement for Teyla.:P

Lorne kicks ass, thank you very much!

Professor Chaos
February 2nd, 2008, 01:33 PM
Lorne kicks ass, thank you very much!What I meant is, at worst we only get to see her every few episodes.

And i'm well aware Lorne kicks ass.;)

reddevil18
February 2nd, 2008, 01:39 PM
What I meant is, at worst we only get to see her every few episodes.

And i'm well aware Lorne kicks ass.;)

Glad to hear that. I was already going into Jaffa revenge mode.

MartianManhunter
February 2nd, 2008, 02:00 PM
The team runs into Lucius Lavin again and Sheppard and co. continue to regard him as a harmless buffoon. This is a big mistake because he became a Wraith worshipper in order to save his own skin since the last time they saw him. He tries to lead them into a trap but, luckily for them, the team members become suspicious. It's not difficult to get him to talk because he's the type who will tell anyone anything if he thinks it will get him out of trouble. The end result is that the Wraith realise he's completely useless as a spy or double agent and one of them has him for lunch.

NO! One episode with him was alright but they got carried away when they put him in two episodes in one season.

Col.Foley
February 2nd, 2008, 02:44 PM
Two Words, Emma Watson, *runs and hides*

Jumper_One
February 2nd, 2008, 02:47 PM
Two Words, Emma Watson, *runs and hides*

:rolleyes: :P

Col.Foley
February 2nd, 2008, 02:48 PM
:rolleyes: :P
:D

sueKay
February 2nd, 2008, 03:07 PM
My deepest darkest desire for season five?

A musical ep :D

reddevil18
February 2nd, 2008, 03:10 PM
My deepest darkest desire for season five?

A musical ep :D

*shudders*:psycho:

kymeric
February 2nd, 2008, 03:11 PM

Houston we have a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

JohnRico
February 2nd, 2008, 03:13 PM
A Lesbian Kiss between Weir & Carter. Two characters that splitted up the fan base coming together in the heat of the moment :cool:

reddevil18
February 2nd, 2008, 03:15 PM
Houston we have a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

What?! Come on! I'm not a psycho, I swear. I just want to see Teyla's baby dead and for her to go insane.

g.o.d
February 2nd, 2008, 03:16 PM
new showrunners

Col.Foley
February 2nd, 2008, 03:16 PM
A Lesbian Kiss between Weir & Carter. Two characters that splitted up the fan base coming together in the heat of the moment :cool:Wow.... symbolic. :D

Jumper_One
February 2nd, 2008, 03:21 PM
A Lesbian Kiss between Weir & Carter. Two characters that splitted up the fan base coming together in the heat of the moment :cool:

Willow'sCat
February 2nd, 2008, 03:30 PM
Rodney hugs John or John hugs Rodney I don't care as long as one of them tries! *'cause that is what this show needs, another really awkward John hug* :p

OK so not so much deep and dark, as it would be hot! *fanself* :D

Cory Holmes
February 2nd, 2008, 03:41 PM
If they were going to introduce a new female captain, it should have been Captain Cadman.

sueKay
February 2nd, 2008, 03:47 PM
Okay another

We get introduced to Keller's twin sister Kaylee who is far nicer and smarter...Disheartened, Keller mysteriously vanishes (ie dies horribly, off-camera (well if it's 'good enough' for Weir...)) and Kaylee joins the expedition :D

Col.Foley
February 2nd, 2008, 04:10 PM
Okay another

We get introduced to Keller's twin sister Kaylee who is far nicer and smarter...Disheartened, Keller mysteriously vanishes (ie dies horribly, off-camera (well if it's 'good enough' for Weir...)) and Kaylee joins the expedition :DFunny:rolleyes:

ciannwn
February 2nd, 2008, 05:01 PM
NO! One episode with him was alright but they got carried away when they put him in two episodes in one season.

The second episode didn't end with him being a Wraith's lunch, though, and I'd really like to see that happen. I thought Sheppard was a complete idiot for not regarding LL as a security risk after learning that he'd been 'perusing' old mission reports and who knows what else while he was on Atlantis. That's why I'd like to to see Sheppard realise that dismissing LL as a harmless buffoon could have put the expedition in danger.

The topic's called 'Your deepest Darkest Season 5 desires' so those are mine. It would be even more satisfying for me if the Wraith who fed on LL gave the corpse a scathing look and said "I haven't tasted such a lack of defiance in a long time." :D

Willow'sCat
February 2nd, 2008, 05:11 PM
If they were going to introduce a new female captain, it should have been Captain Cadman.I think the actress is working on another show. Well she was last year anyway. Unless you want them to change the actress? :S

Col.Foley
February 2nd, 2008, 05:21 PM
I think the actress is working on another show. Well she was last year anyway. Unless you want them to change the actress? :STime Lady anyone? :P

Mitchell82
February 2nd, 2008, 05:50 PM
What's wrong with a little cruelty once in a blue moon? Come on! Just one small child...Kill him. Oh...and have Teyla go insane because of that...Yeah, can't forget about that.
Nothing too radical!
Oh, and the Graith, can't forget the Graith!

I would turn anti if that happend.

reddevil18
February 3rd, 2008, 02:52 AM
I would turn anti if that happend.

Why do you hate the Graith so much? They can't help it - it's who they are!:(

Col.Foley
February 3rd, 2008, 02:53 AM
Why do you hate the Graith so much? They can't help it - it's who they are!:(
Not Torchwood!

reddevil18
February 3rd, 2008, 03:02 AM
Not Torchwood!

So what? Isn't this the "deepest, darkest desires" thread? Can't I at least have my Graith in here? :sheppardanime32: You can have Emma Watson...

Col.Foley
February 3rd, 2008, 03:03 AM
So what? Isn't this the "deepest, darkest desires" thread? Can't I at least have my Graith in here? :sheppardanime32: You can have Emma Watson...
Of course you can! I just don't like it, thats all.

reddevil18
February 3rd, 2008, 03:04 AM
Well, I don't like Emma Watson!:mckay:

Col.Foley
February 3rd, 2008, 03:06 AM
Well, I don't like Emma Watson!:mckay:
:p Nah! Nah!

reddevil18
February 3rd, 2008, 03:10 AM
:p Nah! Nah!

:tealcanime51:
Ugh...I gotta admit, she is very beautiful and I can see her becoming a leading lady...if she decides to keep on acting...

Col.Foley
February 3rd, 2008, 03:11 AM
:tealcanime51:
Ugh...I gotta admit, she is very beautiful and I can see her becoming a leading lady...if she decides to keep on acting...See! The truth comes out in the hell fires of Origin!
But, I actually do like the Graith idea. On th grounds that it is the darkest idea I have seen yet, so you do get kudos for that.

reddevil18
February 3rd, 2008, 03:13 AM
See! The truth comes out in the hell fires of Origin!
But, I actually do like the Graith idea. On th grounds that it is the darkest idea I have seen yet, so you do get kudos for that.

:cameron:
So...darker than my other idea...The baby killing one?

Oh, and I love Emma Watson in this pic...She looks like something out of LOTR:
http://port.pravda.ru/img/idb/photo/p01.jpg

Col.Foley
February 3rd, 2008, 03:21 AM
:cameron:
So...darker than my other idea...The baby killing one?

Oh, and I love Emma Watson in this pic...She looks like something out of LOTR:
http://port.pravda.ru/img/idb/photo/p01.jpg
Yes she does.

And you are right, the baby ones are dark, and so wrong, the Graith might be acceptable for network television, but that will not be. (Torchwood after all)

reddevil18
February 3rd, 2008, 03:24 AM
Yes she does.

And you are right, the baby ones are dark, and so wrong, the Graith might be acceptable for network television, but that will not be. (Torchwood after all)

BAH! Cable! Go back to Showtime if SciFi are pussies! They can have an Atlantis/Dexter crossover! Who killed the baby? Dexter, you do the blood spatter analysis and then kill the murderer - Ellis!

Col.Foley
February 3rd, 2008, 03:26 AM
BAH! Cable! Go back to Showtime if SciFi are pussies! They can have an Atlantis/Dexter crossover! Who killed the baby? Dexter, you do the blood spatter analysis and then kill the murderer - Ellis!
He would too........ Out of pure jealousy!
But, what do you have against that baby?

reddevil18
February 3rd, 2008, 03:30 AM
Meh, I don't know...I just don't want it around...I don't want it to be a super half-Wraith mutant baby or the child destined to save the galaxy or something like that. And if he's normal, I don't want Atlantis to become a day-care center. I want Teyla's character developed. And while becoming a mother will help, it will still limit the writer's options. Teyla's gonna have to stick close by...And how many times can you have her say to John "I wish I were going with you, but I have a small baby!", similar to this year's "I'm coming with you/no, I'm not, I must think about the baby!"

Col.Foley
February 3rd, 2008, 03:32 AM
Meh, I don't know...I just don't want it around...I don't want it to be a super half-Wraith mutant baby or the child destined to save the galaxy or something like that. And if he's normal, I don't want Atlantis to become a day-care center. I want Teyla's character developed. And while becoming a mother will help, it will still limit the writer's options. Teyla's gonna have to stick close by...And how many times can you have her say to John "I wish I were going with you, but I have a small baby!", similar to this year's "I'm coming with you/no, I'm not, I must think about the baby!"
LOL true true, and even worse thought....
The good is the realigious holy figure of the Wraith. :eek:

reddevil18
February 3rd, 2008, 03:35 AM
LOL true true, and even worse thought....
The good is the realigious holy figure of the Wraith. :eek:

Oh, the horror!!!:eek:

Col.Foley
February 3rd, 2008, 03:36 AM
Oh, the horror!!!:eek:Then will ascend....

reddevil18
February 3rd, 2008, 03:45 AM
:( Stop it, you're making me cry!
But, seriously now, that worked once on SG-1(and even then...well...yeah...), if they do it again here...well, it will be disappointing to say the least.

Col.Foley
February 3rd, 2008, 03:48 AM
:( Stop it, you're making me cry!
But, seriously now, that worked once on SG-1(and even then...well...yeah...), if they do it again here...well, it will be disappointing to say the least.
I thought it worked fine, granted I have yet to see AOT, but yeah, it worked. But it is not HALLOWED ARE THE WRAITH.

reddevil18
February 3rd, 2008, 03:55 AM
I thought it worked fine, granted I have yet to see AOT, but yeah, it worked. But it is not HALLOWED ARE THE WRAITH.

Don't get me wrong, I think it worked fine on SG-1(and I loved AoT), but it was already somewhat of a cliche...The evil child and all that. But it worked because it hadn't been done on SG before...Doing it on Atlantis, so soon after that would be, like I said...disappointing.

Col.Foley
February 3rd, 2008, 03:56 AM
Don't get me wrong, I think it worked fine on SG-1(and I loved AoT), but it was already somewhat of a cliche...The evil child and all that. But it worked because it hadn't been done on SG before...Doing it on Atlantis, so soon after that would be, like I said...disappointing.
Indeed, which brings up a whole nother vain of thought, what plot arcs would you like to see investigated, and I mean brand new ones, not Weir, Carson, Ford.

g.o.d
February 3rd, 2008, 03:58 AM
Teyla as a wraith's main course and her baby as a desert

reddevil18
February 3rd, 2008, 04:06 AM
Indeed, which brings up a whole nother vain of thought, what plot arcs would you like to see investigated, and I mean brand new ones, not Weir, Carson, Ford.

Hmmm...I actually think Jason's idea of having Ronon go a bit "darker" would be interesting. Also, I would very much like to get back to the Genii a bit. And that tribe from "Missing"...Bola Kai or something? That would be interesting. Just don't make it to similar to the Sodan warriors or something. And I don't think we'll be getting rid of the Travelers anytime soon, so I really hope they develop them.
I'm pretty happy with the way things are going with the Wraith. Choosing a representitive figure or 2(Todd, Michael) is the way to go. That's part of why the Goa'uld were so fascinating. They were all individuals, all quite intriguing in their own way. The Wraith, for the most part, were a giant menace in the same way humans are for cattle...They eat people...great! Once you give them a face, make them a more personal enemy, everything becomes so much more fascinating.

Also, I remember JM saying that they're planning on introducing a brand new technologically advanced race. Well, that's all nice and well and I hope they do it right, but I can't say I'm too thrilled about it. If they are of similar level to the Travelers, where exactly have they been? Why not seek out Atlantis once they found out what was going on in the galaxy? Of course, it could be explained by having them be villains and say that they were waiting for the right opportunity(say the downfall of the Wraith) - but that would, once again, bring about the whining(great, the Wraith were too weak, so they just brought in a whole new enemy).
So, I can't say exactly what the best way to proceed would be, as there are many interesting possibilities. I just hope that, whichever route the writers take, it will turn out great. You know, stay positive and all that...:p

reddevil18
February 3rd, 2008, 04:08 AM
Well, I have to go for now. Perhaps we can pick it up again a bit later...:jack:

ori soldier
February 3rd, 2008, 07:37 AM
return of the asgard

Professor Chaos
February 3rd, 2008, 07:52 AM
I agree, this baby is going to be obnoxious. They can't use the good ol' "baby grows up in 24 hrs" or "baby is really an alien intruder" due to the cliché of it. I hope Rachel Luttrell just decides to quit the show to spend more time with the kid. I never liked Teyla anyways, so two birds with but one stone.:tealc:

Morgan le Fay
February 3rd, 2008, 10:31 AM
1. Around five well-written episodes devoted to Elizabeth.

2. More team interaction. The entire team.

3. See the Furlings. I don't care how, as long as we get to see what they are and what they are like! Especially if they're on crack. ;)

4. Learn more about the Wraith and their society. What do their scientists research? Do they have family? Do the Wraith fall in love? How exactly do they view humans, and have they attempted to find an alternate food source?

Mitchell82
February 3rd, 2008, 11:10 AM
1. Around five well-written episodes devoted to Elizabeth.
Five eps? I guess that's ok but no more than that.

2. More team interaction. The entire team.
We've had quite a few of those this season so I'm all for more next year. I don't mind the eps that focus on just one or two members however.

3. See the Furlings. I don't care how, as long as we get to see what they are and what they are like! Especially if they're on crack. ;)
A big no for me on that one.

4. Learn more about the Wraith and their society. What do their scientists research? Do they have family? Do the Wraith fall in love? How exactly do they view humans, and have they attempted to find an alternate food source?
Agreed.

Konrad9
February 3rd, 2008, 11:33 PM
New showrunners.

What a joke.

Yes, it's totally the showrunners fault that Amanda Tapping's own project got picked up for season.

Man, what jerks.

Col.Foley
February 3rd, 2008, 11:35 PM
Yes, it's totally the showrunners fault that Amanda Tapping's own project got picked up for season.

Man, what jerks.
Is that Sarcasm.

Konrad9
February 3rd, 2008, 11:43 PM
Is that Sarcasm.

Severe.

Whining about Amanda Tapping getting her show picked up is like whining that RDA 'retired' to spend time with his daughter.

Mitchell82
February 3rd, 2008, 11:50 PM
Severe.

Whining about Amanda Tapping getting her show picked up is like whining that RDA 'retired' to spend time with his daughter.

Gos I remember that. It was pitiful then and it still is now. BTW I just checked both scifi and mgm's site and nothing has been posted.

~Benjamin~
February 4th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Ford returning

mr_kennedy
February 4th, 2008, 12:51 AM
^^^ seconded

daniel driven episodes (maybe from when he was ascended he broke a few rules and changed the future :D (does 5 eps sound too much?)

asgard returns (killing off the asgard was very sucky)

vala killed in an sg-1/sga team co-op mission :D (including rda and at)

zalenka perving on a wraith queen :D lol (seriously we need more zelenka add him to the main cast already)

ronon becoming a bad guy (im torn on this i want it but i still want him on the team for atleast another season maybe he could gradually get darker and darker)

SG13-NightOps
February 4th, 2008, 02:23 AM
Someone from the future with some new cool gadgets who was sent back by McKay and Carter from the Alpha site because the wraith had made it to the milky way galaxy and they were sent back to help stop it from happening - although they don't know for sure how the wraith worked it out.

Or just a Jack Cameo. :jack:

See, I am not unreasonable - I am willing to give options. :D

sueKay
February 4th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Okay...In all seriousness...

Sheppard - I want more exploration of his past - the ramifications of his dad's death, his guilt at not reconciling with him; conflict with whoever's in charg

McKay - I want them to cut down on his whining, and I want him to be made to feel like part of the team, and I'd love to see him hold his own in a fight

Teyla - I don't want her and her baby to be wallpaper...I don't want Teyla to just go back on the team like nothing happened...I'd like her to inadvertantly get caught in the thick of the action so she can still play a part without looking stupid going looking for trouble

Ronon - I want him to dump Keller; and I'd like to see him be at odds with the team before making up

Beckett - I just want him back!

Weir - see Beckett; but also want her jacket :D

Keller - grow up, stop whining, or die

Zelenka - save the day again!

Lorne - more Lorne please

Porter - go back to the SGC or wherever you were stationed

Carter - drop by every so often

Jack - see Carter

Daniel - go annoy Vala

Athosian Death facilitator
February 4th, 2008, 04:08 AM

SO ROFLMAO

Athosian Death facilitator
February 4th, 2008, 04:15 AM
Kellar and Teyla smooch scene.

;);)LOL

Bytor
February 4th, 2008, 04:40 AM

;);)LOL

BOING

ykickamoocow
February 4th, 2008, 04:50 AM

;);)LOL

Bugger that. I want Stargate's first R rated sex scene between the two :)

IWKYZerocool
February 4th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Don't know if has been mentioned, but I would like an even more evil and cunning wraith species (like The Reapers in Gateworld virtual fleet thread).

vaberella
February 4th, 2008, 03:50 PM
In a dramatic 3 parter they enter this weird chasm in the time space continuum which results in the demise of their world and everyone in it to an alternative realty SGA in which everything is reverse and actually none of the actors playing the role of the characters we know in this world are acting in this other world.

An entirely new cast for the same characters. :ronan:

Professor Chaos
February 4th, 2008, 05:38 PM
We need more time related eps. I don't mean like on Voyager where every other ep had something to do with time travel, but some. Some trips forward or back would be cool, but mostly I just want to see a time loop.

WingedPegasus
February 4th, 2008, 05:59 PM
I want Carson and Weir back, lots of team episodes, good character interaction, good plots, big explosions, and funny moments.

I don't ask for much . . .:rolleyes:

mr_kennedy
February 5th, 2008, 02:26 AM
how about they discover an iconian artifact which sends em to a parralell universe where there are no stargates and are picked up by wait for it...... the starship enterprise e :D

vaberella
February 5th, 2008, 08:33 AM
We need more time related eps. I don't mean like on Voyager where every other ep had something to do with time travel, but some. Some trips forward or back would be cool, but mostly I just want to see a time loop.

I'm a Sliders fanatic, I want more AU stories.

Aerilon
February 5th, 2008, 09:19 AM
A Jaffa Regiment, led by Bra'tak and Teal'C help out some SGA troops and SGA-1 on a mission against the Wraith... A few episodes, maybe a Ha'tak or two shown fighting a Hive Ship.

That would do it for me. ;)

Then again, I'd live to see the Asgard come in somewhere, I'm sure there are some of them left in another Galaxy. There just has to be, they can't be dead :(

reddevil18
February 5th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Then again, I'd live to see the Asgard come in somewhere, I'm sure there are some of them left in another Galaxy. There just has to be, they can't be dead :( Well, that would kinda defeat the purpose of them all commiting suicide so that their technology wouldn't fall into the wrong hands once they became senile...But maybe that little rascal, Loki, ran off again...:p

Col.Foley
February 6th, 2008, 12:06 AM
When I started this thread, I had no idea that Richard Woolsey would come up and take command, and who knew I would be happy about it? So that is interesting though.
Darkest desires for him? Dare I say it.

flubber
February 6th, 2008, 12:54 AM
I would like to see the following:-

1) Radek getting a chance to romance Sam. (Or Sam romancing Radek!!) After all it's so obvious that he has a crush on her.

2) Doctor Keller and Ronon getting together. (Maybe I'm odd but I like the character and think that she should be given a chance!!)

3) Carson coming back on a more regular basis.

4) The replicator Weir kidnapping Rodney and making merry with him!!

5) Teyla finding the father of her child and John getting jealous and making a play for her.

6) Sam really squaring up to Colonel Ellis as I find him really obnoxious!!!!

7) An episode where Chuck gets to be the hero and Lorne helps him save the day.

I know there is no chance of any of this, but a girl can dream can't she!!!

Col.Foley
February 6th, 2008, 12:59 AM
I would like to see the following:-

1) Radek getting a chance to romance Sam. (Or Sam romancing Radek!!) After all it's so obvious that he has a crush on her.

2) Doctor Keller and Ronon getting together. (Maybe I'm odd but I like the character and think that she should be given a chance!!)

3) Carson coming back on a more regular basis.

4) The replicator Weir kidnapping Rodney and making merry with him!!

5) Teyla finding the father of her child and John getting jealous and making a play for her.

6) Sam really squaring up to Colonel Ellis as I find him really obnoxious!!!!

7) An episode where Chuck gets to be the hero and Lorne helps him save the day.

I know there is no chance of any of this, but a girl can dream can't she!!!
Nice thoughts, particualrily the last one. But, how is it obvious that Radek has a crush on dear old Sam.

flubber
February 6th, 2008, 01:19 AM
Nice thoughts, particualrily the last one. But, how is it obvious that Radek has a crush on dear old Sam.
SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

Have you seen the episode "Quarentine"?

If not, Check out the scenes with Radek and Sam in the transporter.

I have also had a translation of the Czech Radek speaks in that episode (translated by a Czech national that I met a the Pegasus 3 con). He is berating himself for wanting to impress Sam.

Also check out the look on Radek's face after Sam speaks to him in the mess hall.

Ok. I thought that it was obvious. But then that could be because I am a fluffy romantic female. LOL

Col.Foley
February 6th, 2008, 01:32 AM
SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

Have you seen the episode "Quarentine"?

If not, Check out the scenes with Radek and Sam in the transporter.

I have also had a translation of the Czech Radek speaks in that episode (translated by a Czech national that I met a the Pegasus 3 con). He is berating himself for wanting to impress Sam.

Also check out the look on Radek's face after Sam speaks to him in the mess hall.

Ok. I thought that it was obvious. But then that could be because I am a fluffy romantic female. LOL
Have seen Qurentine, will have to rewatch though, and look out for other scenes like that. interesting. LOL. He berated himself, lol.

memnarch
February 6th, 2008, 01:53 AM
LEARNING AN ACTUAL WRAITH NAME!!!!! LEARNING AN ACTUAL WRAITH NAME!!!!! LEARNING AN ACTUAL WRAITH NAME!!!!! LEARNING AN ACTUAL WRAITH NAME!!!!! LEARNING AN ACTUAL WRAITH NAME!!!!! LEARNING AN ACTUAL WRAITH NAME!!!!! LEARNING AN ACTUAL WRAITH NAME!!!!! LEARNING AN ACTUAL WRAITH NAME!!!!! LEARNING AN ACTUAL WRAITH NAME!!!!!

Seriously, even if we learn nothing about their culture, I'd still like to know that they actually have names, or at the very least, numbers or something. I think giving the Wraith human names at this point is bordering on ridiculous. It was fun at first (Steve is amazing), but now it's just embarrassing that the writers can't come up with proper names for the chief antagonists in the series.

jenks
February 6th, 2008, 09:30 AM
LEARNING AN ACTUAL WRAITH NAME!!!!! LEARNING AN ACTUAL WRAITH NAME!!!!! LEARNING AN ACTUAL WRAITH NAME!!!!! LEARNING AN ACTUAL WRAITH NAME!!!!! LEARNING AN ACTUAL WRAITH NAME!!!!! LEARNING AN ACTUAL WRAITH NAME!!!!! LEARNING AN ACTUAL WRAITH NAME!!!!! LEARNING AN ACTUAL WRAITH NAME!!!!! LEARNING AN ACTUAL WRAITH NAME!!!!!

Seriously, even if we learn nothing about their culture, I'd still like to know that they actually have names, or at the very least, numbers or something. I think giving the Wraith human names at this point is bordering on ridiculous. It was fun at first (Steve is amazing), but now it's just embarrassing that the writers can't come up with proper names for the chief antagonists in the series.

What makes you think they have names at all?

Morgan le Fay
February 6th, 2008, 12:28 PM

What makes you think they have names at all?

The Wraith have names like Marrow Sucker, Skull Eater, and Joe Bob! :P Whoever knows where those names come from gets green! :D

Seriously, though, I really do want to learn whether the Wraith have names or not.

markaudette
February 6th, 2008, 12:51 PM
I would like to see Woosley order the Atlantis team to travel to a long since forgotten Ancient world where ZPMs were secretly forged. Rodney, his sister and Zelinka all learn how to make one by using an Ancient contraption near some bizarre stellar phenomenon. They have success in creating the ZPM but in the process the phenomenon destabilizes once again threatening to destroy that star system. Where Rodney makes up for destroying that star system in "Trinity" and saves the day. The Atlantis team makes it back where they learn that ZPMs can no longer be formed at that specific phenomenon. But there could be more phenomenon out there.

/end Fanboy day dream

prion
February 6th, 2008, 02:53 PM
I want to see the Midway station blown up, cutting them off from earth, and oh yeah, the ZPM they have fizzles or something, so they can't open up the gate to earth, so wow, they're back to season one.on their own! yes (but, with no SG1 characters stranded with them).

Killdeer
February 6th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Yeah, one of my deepest darkest desires would be to have them completely cut off from earth again.

reddevil18
February 6th, 2008, 03:52 PM
I want to see the Midway station blown up, cutting them off from earth, and oh yeah, the ZPM they have fizzles or something, so they can't open up the gate to earth, so wow, they're back to season one.on their own! yes (but, with no SG1 characters stranded with them).

They DO have ships, you know. There's no way they can cut off Atlantis from Earth without a completely dumb explanation, so they'd be better off not trying it.

Gaeth
February 6th, 2008, 05:39 PM
More violence! Battered butchery and blood spray. Wraith ripping people's arms off and beating them to death with them. Heads getting chopped off or blown off, people on fire, lots and lots of people. All bad people of course. No I don't have issues.

A new completely alien race of enemies.

More dangerous Wraith.

Somehow they get cut off from earth if temporarily.

No more replicators!

See what happened with Ford's lost boys, or even Ford himself.

More Michael!

Aethon
February 6th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Åtlåntis new leader season 6:
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h79/ZampraZ/2x19_068.jpg

I need Keller to kill somebody.

Beckett reappears, anyway, would be cool as a wraith...

RETURN OF AIDEN FORD

Michael Shanks reucurring character

New Enemy, completley fresh, not replicators or anything, completley new

More power source

More technology

More bloody knife fights

Rodney and Sams lovechild

Yup that's bout' it

Achaja
February 7th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Åtlåntis new leader season 6:
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h79/ZampraZ/2x19_068.jpg

I need Keller to kill somebody.

Beckett reappears, anyway, would be cool as a wraith...

RETURN OF AIDEN FORD

Michael Shanks reucurring character

New Enemy, completley fresh, not replicators or anything, completley new

More power source

More technology

More bloody knife fights

Rodney and Sams lovechild

Yup that's bout' it

I totally agree - squeeeeee! :D

My desire for season 5 is that the Wraith became more dangerous >>MORE<< because now thay are weak threat...so, more dramatic moments with the city. And action, action, action all the time! Weir back! Woolsey-to commite suicide :cool: LOL, but we'll see...

justhere1971
February 7th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Dang it won't let me green you for that.

Yeah, one of my deepest darkest desires would be to have them completely cut off from earth again.

I agree w/ both of you. Back to square one is where my deepest darkest desire lies.

Klenotka
February 7th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Cut Atlantis from Earth again, completely. Without any SG1 members stuck in Atlantis. Just old good Atlantis team, fighting for their survival again.

nx01a
February 7th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Furlings! Pissed off Furlings! Furlings that think we've come too far too fast, aren't ready for or using correctly what we've gotten from their former allies, and want to knock humanity back to Earth AND have the technology to rival the Ancients and Asgard to do it!

Apart from that, Mckay programs a new Fran to be his love interest/love slave.

Did I mention seeing Atlantis go toe to toe against another city ship?

Ice Wolf
February 7th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Weir playing a significant role in the back half of the season, setting up for her return full time in season 6 weither as commander or in a daniel-like role i dont really care that much but she needs to have her office back.

Tighter more intelligent story-telling that makes you think, better implementation of arcs.

Gaeth
February 7th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Did I mention seeing Atlantis go toe to toe against another city ship?

THAT would be very interesting.

nx01a
February 7th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Tighter more intelligent story-telling that makes you think, better implementation of arcs.
Yes. Sci-fi tv I like to refer to as 'explosions for good reasons'.

CazzBlade
February 8th, 2008, 04:45 AM
I want to see Shep and Teyla captured together offworld, we've seen alot of these two on Atlantis but not offworld this season. Maybe one of them has to do something to save the other, like take a beating (preferably Shep cos I am a whumper ;)) and then they'd have to deal with the consequenses of what they did back on Atlantis. (After being rescued instead of finding their own way out which happens too much!)

magictrick
February 8th, 2008, 05:43 AM
A new enemy, something that's more interesting than the replicators - they are inherently evil, not "programmed".

A new ally, an advanced race, kind of like the asgard - maybe a race from another galaxy.

A parallel universe episode, where the SGA team must work with Vala and Daniel (parallel universe versions) to save Earth from impending doom from the Wraith

An episode that has SGA and SG-1 working together (like the Pegasus Project)

More episodes in the style of 'old-school' SG-1, where the SGA team explores a new planet, gets in trouble, and finds a way out of it

In relation to the above, more of the actual STARGATE (it seems like we never see it anymore)

Develop Ronnon/Keller relationship...at a steady pace and do not make it the main point of focus at the expense of other parts of the show

thekillman
February 8th, 2008, 06:11 AM
baal takes michael and become a superevil superenemy. kidding.

my
d
e
e
e
e
e
e
pest desire is definately: earth p90- energy guns x-699 style. i mean, even with the CC they cant perfect and scale down the x-699
- ancient cityship
- aurora at full power[in our hands]
- 304 fully upgraded.
-nice new toy in atlantis.
- superawesome piece of ancient tech

Mitchell82
February 8th, 2008, 10:15 AM

Yes it would.

cabouse18
February 8th, 2008, 12:23 PM
I want to see Shep and Teyla captured together offworld, we've seen alot of these two on Atlantis but not offworld this season. Maybe one of them has to do something to save the other, like take a beating (preferably Shep cos I am a whumper ;)) and then they'd have to deal with the consequenses of what they did back on Atlantis. (After being rescued instead of finding their own way out which happens too much!)

Wouldn't mind seeing something like that...could lend to interesting character development and not in a 'shippy' way either. These two characters were friends from the beginning so it would be nice if they got back to that on some level and what you describe would be a great way to test their bond of friendship and trust outside of Atlantis and in peril.

memnarch
February 9th, 2008, 04:54 AM
What makes you think they (the Wraith) have names at all?

Every sentient species thus far has shown a tendency to have at least some kind of individuality, i.e. names. Even the Replicators (Ida & Milky Way Replicators and Asurans) had designations or names in the Asurans' case. Also, when groups of intelligent beings get together, they tend to need to differentiate from one another somehow. It makes sense therefore that the Wraith either receive names and/or designations or give themselves one.

Oh and I'd like to add to my list of Season 5 desires:

I'd like to see McKay and Keller get together. Anyone who saw Trio knows what I'm talking about. McKeller anyone? I was kind of excited about Ronon/Keller when I saw Quarantine, but after seeing these two interact, I have to say I like McKeller better.

Also, appearances by Weir and Ford would be nice. The former's looking pretty unlikely now that we've received word that Torri's not going to be working at all next season. And I just miss Ford. He seemed like he was coming around at the end of the Hive and there's no way they're just going to let him die like that.

jenks
February 9th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Every sentient species thus far has shown a tendency to have at least some kind of individuality, i.e. names. Even the Replicators (Ida & Milky Way Replicators and Asurans) had designations or names in the Asurans' case. Also, when groups of intelligent beings get together, they tend to need to differentiate from one another somehow. It makes sense therefore that the Wraith either receive names and/or designations or give themselves one.

No they don't, I'm pretty sure almost all sentient species don't give themselves names. Although I suspect you're talking about sapience, not sentience. Regardless, the Wraith can communicate through telepathy, I see no reason why they'd need names as such, not ones that can be spoken aloud anyway.

Platschu
February 9th, 2008, 09:01 AM
My desires: No more stand alones like Trio or Harmony or only 20% of the new season. I would like to see bigger and detailed stories about the scifi world and if they want to save money than make 4-5 two or three parter in a season, so they can reuse the same set in 2-3 episode. ;)

metabog
February 9th, 2008, 09:36 AM

I was hoping Elizabeth was going to build her own city ship now... but... :(

cabouse18
February 9th, 2008, 09:39 AM
My desires: No more stand alones like Trio or Harmony or only 20% of the new season. I would like to see bigger and detailed stories about the scifi world and if they want to save money than make 4-5 two or three parter in a season, so they can reuse the same set in 2-3 episode. ;)

I like that idea...this is supposed to be a 'team' show....so let's see more of them team;) And one would think it would be cheaper to use the same set over 2 to 3 eps than go out and scout or build a whole new set for an ep!

Tiffany
February 9th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Take every episode of season 4 and NUKE them!

Kill Dr. Keller (in slow and painfull way, maybe 3 to 4 episodes long, would be a great way to boost the ratings!). Bring back Carson!

Have Colonel Sheppard stun Rodney every time he whines and complains.
Have Rodney admit he's gay and is in love with Zelenka.

Lets explore the CITY!.....after all the series is called Stargate Atlantis.

JohnRico
February 9th, 2008, 11:55 AM
I guess I wont be getting my lesbian kiss between Weir & Carter like how McKay wanted to see some boobies

thekillman
February 9th, 2008, 12:07 PM
definately a 5-parter. a massive story arc. first two are connected. then the third and the fourth show annother aspect. the last ends it. better idea. a season arc. an entire season dedicated to a massive important problem. space battles, ship hijacking, killing, capturing, technobabble, ancient repository[like oneil. dammit he was good], a final, working, usefull, massproduced, rest of SGA-used : X-699! writers, read my lips! X-699. that plothole you remember. 11 years of stargate. goauld. replis. ori. wraith. travvelers. asgard database. ancient database. NOW WHEN DO WE FINNALY SEE A WORKING ENERGY WEAPON USED BY SGA!!!!!!!!!. it would terribly boost the ratings. use a nice p90 like gun. lovely firerate, good kick. stun/kill/ destroy setting.yea that be nice.

SGA wish list:
x-699.
upgraded 304[with some nice pulse energy weapons and beam weapons]
302 with shield, ion drive, two high ROF x-699's
long story arc
[with NO plotholes. just a nice, consistant story. youre spposed to have double the time for writting. now get a nice cool story arc. no sudden killing off, no sudden return. no sudden weakness. dont be like my trainer. any promise you make shall be done. or just shut up.]

Mitchell82
February 9th, 2008, 12:44 PM

Well I loved those so I don't agree.

MechaThor
February 9th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Ok so my First Wish for Series 5 is the same one I have had since Series 2 of SG-1...

-FURLINGS!

and now for the rest...

-Same style, character moments and excellentness that series 4 has had, Don't try and fix something if its not broken!
- Lots more intresting Wraith stuff, but with NO retro-virus stuff!
lots more insights into their culture and ships, maybe new ships?
-New X-302 style ship, maybe a cross between and X-302 and an Aurora class.
-The Giant venomus snakes from the new Mainland (if we are still on that planet in series 5?)
-Great stuff with Woolsey and his character belevlopment
-Not killing of Zelenka and Lorne!
-An Actual alien race (non-human)
- New MALPS, I mean its about time they build some newer and upgarded versions!
-5th race stuff? or is that too SG-1? If not atleast a hint to the ancients old alliances.
-:ford:

So thats my wish List!

....Oh, and one more thing!

- a series 6!

Platschu
February 9th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Well I loved those so I don't agree.

I know that lot of people like stand alones, but I would like to see that story arc : stand alone ratio should change from 50 : 50 to 80 : 20 like JMS did it in Babylon 5 in later seasons. :D SG-1 could make interesting stand alones, where they showed new races, technologies or a moral problem appeared. Season 1 was interesting, because every episode was like a mini-DVD movie. I missed this scifi magic from the last episodes, if they used only 2-3 actor at a small set in the dark and they forgot the events in the next episode. So, I think if the season's story is good, than they can write into character development scenes. ;)

So my new list:
- plans what they want to reach at the end of the series (in season 7-8)
- no reset buttons at the end
- the character should have more positive and negative emotions to each other
- make every episode even if it is the last one, don't waste them
- new good and bad alien races
- more story about the city, Ancients, Wraith, Iratus
- more cross-over episodes with MW races (not only with SGC or SG-1!)
- more mythology, gate episode

hisg1fans
February 9th, 2008, 02:32 PM
1) See Sheppard get a regulation haircut, dress properly, and actually look and act like an Air Force officer for once.

2) See Carter command the Earth fleet.

3) Hear Teyla sing.

4) See Ronan fight Mark Dascascos (sp?) again.

5) Have Rodney make it through at least one episode where he isn't sarcastic or whiney at all.

Platschu
February 9th, 2008, 02:37 PM
4) See Ronan fight Mark Dascascos (sp?) again.

It will happen in Broken Ties so you can check one title from your list. :P

hisg1fans
February 9th, 2008, 02:47 PM
It will happen in Broken Ties so you can check one title from your list. :P

Really?!?

FANTASTIC!!!:D

Mana
February 9th, 2008, 03:01 PM
My deepest darkest season 5 desires?

Well it's not so much deep and dark, and also not so 'general' as JUST season 5, However:

Bring back the Mythology and the "meaning of life stuff."

Rocksy
February 9th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Bring back Cam Mitchell, make him the commander. they need the Hammond type running it, combat vet. But with a heart of gold.

Hammond, Jack, Mitchell.

Mitchell82
February 9th, 2008, 06:54 PM
I know that lot of people like stand alones, but I would like to see that story arc : stand alone ratio should change from 50 : 50 to 80 : 20 like JMS did it in Babylon 5 in later seasons. :D SG-1 could make interesting stand alones, where they showed new races, technologies or a moral problem appeared. Season 1 was interesting, because every episode was like a mini-DVD movie. I missed this scifi magic from the last episodes, if they used only 2-3 actor at a small set in the dark and they forgot the events in the next episode. So, I think if the season's story is good, than they can write into character development scenes. ;)
I see your point I just don't agree about the last few eps.

So my new list:
- plans what they want to reach at the end of the series (in season 7-8)
This I sorta agree with. I think planing that far ahead is not a good idea.

- no reset buttons at the end
You mean the series? Like Unending? If so I agree. I loved Unending and how it wrapped SG-1 up nicely but not a good idea for Atlantis.

- the character should have more positive and negative emotions to each other
- make every episode even if it is the last one, don't waste them
- new good and bad alien races
- more story about the city, Ancients, Wraith, Iratus
Agreed.

- more cross-over episodes with MW races (not only with SGC or SG-1!)
I disagree. I don't mind SG-1 crossovers but no other races.

- more mythology, gate episode
As to the mythology it's hard to do since Atlantis isn't base off of Mythology. As for the gate they manage it fine already though I would like to know more about the Pegasus gates.

nx01a
February 9th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Emma Watson as the first Graith Queen! A hive ship in rainbow colours! Her first target: Keller!!!!

Where was I...?

I agree with MechaThor on the non-humanoid aliens. And they'd better be the Furlings!

I'd also love to see them go back to Lantea for some reason. I miss them whales! I know Rodney does, too!:mckay:

MechaThor
February 10th, 2008, 03:48 AM
I don't know why but I miss the good old Hataks!
I would love to see some figthing a hive ship, just so we can see the scale and get an idea of the power balance between the two! Maybe a Hive ship can be heading to the MW so a felt of Jaffa and Earth ships attack the Hive on route in the void between the two galaxies? But it all goes a bit wrong and a near mature Goa'uld from a captured Jaffa by the wraith, takes a wraith as a host and becomes a new villian?

Can you imagine a Wraith with a Goa'uld hand device?

Also since Atlantis can be more about space than just Stargates, There is one thing in SG I have always wanted to see, and thats some kind of space creature! Maybe a pubble jumper with the team can get trapped it ones stomach? And to juice it up, along with a wraith which has been trapped in there for years and is slowly feeding off the large space monster.

reddevil18
February 10th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Emma Watson as the first Graith Queen! A hive ship in rainbow colours!
:indeed:Now you're talking!

anima
February 10th, 2008, 08:25 AM
I'd like to see how the wraith build or grow their ships and see if they are building more hive-ships to continue their civil war.

I'd also like to see Michaels bug people fighting against the wraith.

MartianManhunter
February 10th, 2008, 08:52 AM
I'd like to see how the wraith build or grow their ships and see if they are building more hive-ships to continue their civil war.

I'd also like to see Michaels bug people fighting against the wraith.

Now that is something that I have wanted to see since they were first introduced. The fight scenes would be awesome.

Platschu
February 10th, 2008, 09:12 AM
OR the Iratus bugs should march into north as the lemmings or maybe they should fly to Atlantis from the continent as a swarm after Michael calling order. ;)

anima
February 10th, 2008, 09:23 AM
OR the Iratus bugs should march into north as the lemmings or maybe they should fly to Atlantis from the continent as a swarm after Michael calling order. ;)

It would be amusing to see Atlantis have to put up the shield because a swarm of insects was attacking the city.

I also wonder if a Iratus bug would feed on a wraith.

Platschu
February 10th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Or they look out from the balcony and Iratus bugs are climbing up on the towers. :P

MechaThor
February 10th, 2008, 10:14 AM
It would be amusing to see Atlantis have to put up the shield because a swarm of insects was attacking the city.

I also wonder if a Iratus bug would feed on a wraith.

I would like to see the Wraith keep Iryus bugs as pets, like dogs or cats. And have a few of them crawling around their hives eating any pests.

I would also like to see how Hive ships are made/born! Do the queens have anyinput into the orgainc make-up of the ship? Do they start of as baby Hives? Maybe Crusiers are young hives?

anima
February 10th, 2008, 10:37 AM
I would like to see the Wraith keep Iryus bugs as pets, like dogs or cats. And have a few of them crawling around their hives eating any pests.

I would also like to see how Hive ships are made/born! Do the queens have anyinput into the orgainc make-up of the ship? Do they start of as baby Hives? Maybe Crusiers are young hives?

If they had Iratus bugs as guard dogs it would be very bad for anybody attempting to infiltrate the hive.

I also would love to see how the are made or grown. I also wonder how long it takes for these ship to be grown.

reddevil18
February 10th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Looking at MechaThor's sig pic, I wouldn't mind a little giant monster action.:D

LORD MONK
February 10th, 2008, 11:08 AM
I want everything the writers jsut did to the cast to be a very bad dream.

1. Carter stays.
2. Weir commanding the replicators.
3. Tayla not leaving.
4 IOA nowhere near Atlantis or the show. (In real life investment companies have no say in military ops.)
5. Beckett not coming back. I love beckett, I wish he never died. Although the writers need to stop playing with our emotions and killing of people just to bring them back. Leave that for cartoons.
6. No more eps. ike Trio. They fell in a hole and then they got out. You can acually not watch that ep and not be out of the loop. It has nothing in it as far as cannon goes. Right when you thought it was going to pick up it was over.

reddevil18
February 10th, 2008, 11:11 AM
I want everything the writers jsut did to the cast to be a very bad dream.

3. Tayla not leaving.
4 IOA nowhere near Atlantis or the show. (In real life investment companies have no say in military ops.)
Teyla's not leaving.
And how exactly is the IOA an investment company?!:S And since when has Atlantis been a military operation? It's always been a civilian expedition, with the backing of the military. And in extreme cases, such as WAR, the military makes the decisions, but that's it.

Mitchell82
February 10th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Now that is something that I have wanted to see since they were first introduced. The fight scenes would be awesome.

Agreed.

OakRidge
February 10th, 2008, 03:41 PM
I want to see an advanced Human civilization as the "main" enemy in season five.

maylet
February 10th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Teyla's not leaving.
And how exactly is the IOA an investment company?!:S And since when has Atlantis been a military operation? It's always been a civilian expedition, with the backing of the military. And in extreme cases, such as WAR, the military makes the decisions, but that's it.

True

Jumper_One
February 10th, 2008, 03:59 PM
I want to see an advanced Human civilization as the "main" enemy in season five.

you mean like the Genii?

reddevil18
February 10th, 2008, 04:02 PM
you mean like the Genii?

They're hardly advanced. By the PG standards, yes, but they're still at a level similar to Earth 50-60 years ago. Someone with technology similar to that of the Travelers, I assume is what OakRidge wants.

Jumper_One
February 10th, 2008, 04:05 PM
They're hardly advanced. By the PG standards, yes, but they're still at a level similar to Earth 50-60 years ago. Someone with technology similar to that of the Travelers, I assume is what OakRidge wants.

I'm just checking ;) oh and Joe confirmed that the Travelers will be back in s5 so there you go

reddevil18
February 10th, 2008, 04:16 PM
I'm just checking ;) oh and Joe confirmed that the Travelers will be back in s5 so there you go

Yeah, but I don't think they're going to make them the villains. They may keep them in the grey area, but I don't see them becoming Atlantis' enemies. Besides, Joe also said a brand new, technologically advanced enemy will be introduced. Could be some kind of humans...

jelgate
February 10th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Yeah, but I don't think they're going to make them the villains. They may keep them in the grey area, but I don't see them becoming Atlantis' enemies. Besides, Joe also said a brand new, technologically advanced enemy will be introduced. Could be some kind of humans...

The Ori were human to a certin degree.

Jumper_One
February 10th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Yeah, but I don't think they're going to make them the villains. They may keep them in the grey area, but I don't see them becoming Atlantis' enemies.

IDK they were allies in BAMSR but only because they had a common goal. I expect the Travelers to be helpful if it suits them, otherwise they won't care imo

Besides, Joe also said a brand new, technologically advanced enemy will be introduced. Could be some kind of humans...

we don't know anything about this new enemy. they could indeed be human, or not...

The Ori were human to a certin degree.

do you mean the Ori or their followers?

reddevil18
February 10th, 2008, 04:24 PM
IDK they were allies in BAMSR but only because they had a common goal. I expect the Travelers to be helpful if it suits them, otherwise they won't care imo
Yeah, that's what I mean by "keep them in the grey". Not allies, but I doubt they'd ever become all-out enemies.

Jumper_One
February 10th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Yeah, that's what I mean by "keep them in the grey". Not allies, but I doubt they'd ever become all-out enemies.

yup. not to mention that we already got enough of them - the Wraith, probably those Asurans at the end of BAMSR and then the new enemy in s5

reddevil18
February 10th, 2008, 04:34 PM
One thing I would REALLY like to see is a large ground battle. Something similar to SG-1's "Heroes 2". Dozens of our guys against large enemy numbers...Some pyrotechnics, plenty of gunfire and some cool cinematography.

Jumper_One
February 10th, 2008, 04:46 PM
One thing I would REALLY like to see is a large ground battle. Something similar to SG-1's "Heroes 2". Dozens of our guys against large enemy numbers...Some pyrotechnics, plenty of gunfire and some cool cinematography.

yeah I totally agree, a ground battle would be awesome. just please don't let anyone die! even though it's one the things that makes Heroes such a great and at the same time sad ep

reddevil18
February 10th, 2008, 04:50 PM
yeah I totally agree, a ground battle would be awesome. just please don't let anyone die! even though it's one the things that makes Heroes such a great and at the same time sad ep

Well, they can make it Carson's fifth episode, so that they can kill him off again...:p

cabouse18

Heroes was totally classic and great!! Yeah a big ground battle would be cool b/c it really hasn't been done too much with this show. I think mainly b/c now we have all these cool spaceships so they have big space battles instead of ground ones.

ykickamoocow
Im kind of stealing this idea from a episode of Buufy but what about we have a episode where McKay accidently activates a device and suddenly become irresistible to women and all the male cast must not only solve the problem but also protect McKay from all the female characters :D

reddevil18
February 10th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Im kind of stealing this idea from a episode of Buufy but what about we have a episode where McKay accidently activates a device and suddenly become irresistible to women and all the male cast must not only solve the problem but also protect McKay from all the female characters :D

We had enough of that with "Irresistable"...:S

Jumper_One
February 10th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Well, they can make it Carson's fifth episode, so that they can kill him off again...:p

ugh I hope not :S

Heroes was put classic and great!! Yeah a big ground battle would be cool b/c it really hasn't been done too much with this show. I think mainly b/c now we have all these cool spaceships so they have big space battles instead of ground ones.

true, that's another reason why it'd be cool. nobody expects ground battles if we can just use a PJ or any other spaceship

reddevil18
February 10th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Heroes was put classic and great!! Yeah a big ground battle would be cool b/c it really hasn't been done too much with this show. I think mainly b/c now we have all these cool spaceships so they have big space battles instead of ground ones.

Yeah, and I love me some of 'em big space battles, but still! Nothing beats a great ground attack. Give me the big assault in "Children Of Men" over the big space battle in "Episode III" anytime.

Jumper_One
February 10th, 2008, 04:54 PM
We had enough of that with "Irresistable"...:S

yeah but it also reminds me of 'Hathor' :S

reddevil18
February 10th, 2008, 04:56 PM
yeah but it also reminds me of 'Hathor' :S

Hathor + Irresistable...:S Oh, God, I just threw up a bit...

ykickamoocow
February 10th, 2008, 05:33 PM

Yes but in my version the women have the mentality off "If i cant have him no other women with have him" so not only do they try and stop the cometition but also when they realsie they arnt going to win McKay's affections then they try and kill him.

reddevil18
February 10th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Yes but in my version the women have the mentality off "If i cant have him no other women with have him" so not only do they try and stop the cometition but also when they realsie they arnt going to win McKay's affections then they try and kill him.
:S Not getting more appealing...Sorry.

cabouse18
February 10th, 2008, 05:46 PM

Me too!!:S

Rydell
February 10th, 2008, 05:52 PM
My deepest darkest season five desires are totally unrealistic but here goes.

The whole thing with Torri leaving the show as all planned and she will be comming back in season five full time surprisingly and the show is so successful in runs for another five seasons :weir:

OR

The whole thing with Torri leaving the show wasn't planned and the writers/producers send her a fruit/gift basket saying please come back full time and she does, and the show is so sucessful it runs for another five seasons. :weir:

reddevil18
February 10th, 2008, 05:54 PM
My deepest darkest season five desires are totally unrealistic but here goes.

The whole thing with Torri leaving the show as all planned and she will be comming back in season five full time surprisingly and the show is so successful in runs for another five seasons :weir:

OR

The whole thing with Torri leaving the show wasn't planned and the writers/producers send her a fruit/gift basket saying please come back full time and she does, and the show is so sucessful it runs for another five seasons. :weir:

Yeah, I like that. Except the whole Weir/Torri thing. But other than that, I'm with you!

Jumper_One
February 10th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Yeah, I like that. Except the whole Weir/Torri thing. But other than that, I'm with you!

me too :P

Mitchell82
February 10th, 2008, 06:04 PM

Now that would be sweet just no loosing a Dr.

boinga1
February 10th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Yes, we definitely need a big ground battle. Or a combination ground/space battle, with jumpers and 302's in the air fighting darts while infantry battle it out on the ground, all the while the Apollo and Odyssey bombard the Wraith from above... I would literally wet my pants. Still, I can dream.

reddevil18
February 10th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Yes, we definitely need a big ground battle. Or a combination ground/space battle, with jumpers and 302's in the air fighting darts while infantry battle it out on the ground, all the while the Apollo and Odyssey bombard the Wraith from above... I would literally wet my pants. Still, I can dream.

That'd be pretty expensive, so I'd settle for a simple infantry battle. And by simple I mean "long, loud, filled with explosions and thousands of bullets".

Mitchell82
February 10th, 2008, 06:44 PM
That'd be pretty expensive, so I'd settle for a simple infantry battle. And by simple I mean "long, loud, filled with explosions and thousands of bullets".

I like that idea though I love big space battles too.

Jumper_One
February 10th, 2008, 06:56 PM
I like that idea though I love big space battles too.

both are great but it's been some time since the last ground battle, it'd be really cool imo

Mitchell82
February 10th, 2008, 06:58 PM
both are great but it's been some time since the last ground battle, it'd be really cool imo

Yes it has.

reddevil18
February 10th, 2008, 06:59 PM
:indeed: We've had plenty of space battles on Atlantis and they've all been cool, but to me, there's no replacing a good old ground assault with lots of ammo and explosions...Just once in a while, you know?

reddevil18
February 10th, 2008, 07:00 PM
So, I think we should lobby this idea to Joe! :D

Jumper_One
February 10th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Yes it has.

yup

:indeed: We've had plenty of space battles on Atlantis and they've all been cool, but to me, there's no replacing a good old ground assault with lots of ammo and explosions...Just once in a while, you know?

yeah I know what you mean. I can watch the battle in Heroes Part 2 over and over again, it's just awesome! Atlantis really needs something like that

So, I think we should lobby this idea to Joe! :D

great idea :D

reddevil18
February 10th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Already asked him on his latest blog if there are any plans regarding a ground battle. If he doesn't answer, I'll keep bugging him.:D

Jumper_One
February 10th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Already asked him on his latest blog if there are any plans regarding a ground battle. If he doesn't answer, I'll keep bugging him.:D

cool thanks, I was about to ask him but since you already have...

reddevil18
February 10th, 2008, 07:27 PM

Well, you could, you know...*cough* back me up...The more, the merrier...:D

Mitchell82
February 10th, 2008, 07:27 PM

Couldn't hurt though.

anima
February 10th, 2008, 07:36 PM
yup

yeah I know what you mean. I can watch the battle in Heroes Part 2 over and over again, it's just awesome! Atlantis really needs something like that

great idea :D

I don't think SGA has had a ground battle anywhere near that good.

It would be cool to see a great land battle between the Atlantis solders and Michaels insects .

Jumper_One
February 10th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Well, you could, you know...*cough* back me up...The more, the merrier...:D

Couldn't hurt though.

alright I'm on it

I don't think SGA has had a ground battle anywhere near that good.

It would be cool to see a great land battle between the Atlantis solders and Michaels insects .

interesting idea :)