PDA

View Full Version : Your deepest Darkest Season 5 desires

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

MechaThor
February 11th, 2008, 04:01 AM
I want to see an advanced Human civilization as the "main" enemy in season five.

HELL NO! We have enough Human or Human-form bad guys already!

I want an NEW alien (trully alien) race to be the bad guys, Or no new bad guys at all. If its not alien its not welcome! As if we get ONE MORE Human or Human form bad guy I will SCREAM! Red Dwarf had more aliens than this show and Red Dwarf was set in an Alienless galaxy!

CazzBlade
February 11th, 2008, 04:11 AM
A ground battle is a great idea! Love it!

I also want to see a sword fight, some swashbuckling effort that Robin Hood would be proud of. Don't want it to be Ronon though that would be to obvious and probably very one sided.

MechaThor
February 11th, 2008, 04:14 AM
A ground battle is a great idea! Love it!

I also want to see a sword fight, some swashbuckling effort that Robin Hood would be proud of. Don't want it to be Ronon though that would be to obvious and probably very one sided.

A ground battle would be great! They could be figthing a Wraith culling Mech! and it could look like a giant organic spider machine!

ciannwn
February 11th, 2008, 06:28 AM
I also want to see a sword fight, some swashbuckling effort that Robin Hood would be proud of.

I just had a vision of such a fight taking place in one of these castles that turn up in the Pegasus galaxy. The fighters do things like swinging from chandeliers, somersaulting on and off banquet tables and battling their way up (or down) a spiral staircase.

Jeff O'Connor
February 11th, 2008, 06:34 AM
I just had a vision of such a fight taking place in one of these castles that turn up in the Pegasus galaxy. The fighters do things like swinging from chandeliers, somersaulting on and off banquet tables and battling their way up (or down) a spiral staircase.

I love it. Oh no, you've gotten me on one of those modes... beware the beast your wonderful premise has unleashed. Here's my deepest, darkest season five desire for you...

Aiden Ford returns, completely frelled by the drug, and John goes after him one-on-one in the ruins of a Wraith outpost Ford had singlehandedly taken down to get what he wanted. John does what he can to snap his former subordinate out of it, but to no avail, and it's back-to-the-past with the ensuing characterization. Suddenly, Aiden gets the upper hand, disarms the Lt. Colonel and swings a metal pole menacingly, taunting him.

John asks why Aiden doesn't just kill him and be done with it, when at last a revelation is made -- Aiden is, in fact, working for a higher power. Just then, Anubis arrives! And he says 'join me, and your path to the dark side will be complete!' And Daniel shows up outta nowhere, and is like 'wabam!' But then he gets written out after a commercial break! Oh no! John's all alone now!

And so Anubis tells his follower, Ford, leader of the Fellowship of Emperor Anubis Defenders (FOEAD, which is intrinsically linked to how people in my neck of the woods might be inclined to pronounce 'Ford', so the fanbase can still cling to this brand new acronym) that he must fight Sheppard to the death, and whoever prevails shall take their rightful place at Palpa -- 'Nubis' side, and all is fair in love, war and 'recurring' characters back with a vengeance.

John quickly grabs another pole, to his stage left conveniently, just in the nic of time, as a crazed Aiden Ford -- or what's left of him -- rushes forth. And John is all, 'naw, man, there's still good in you, I can feel it' and Aiden's like 'by the way, I'm your dad' and John goes 'no way, he's dead, remember?' And Aiden goes 'orite, forgot' and then they have the most wicked, badass sword duel ever, and John gains the upper hand and cuts off Aiden's, remembering the time that Aiden... er, didn't... cut off his own, and then Anubis is like 'word up, John Sheppard, now c'mere and partially ascend with me' and John goes 'never, that must give you major migraines' and Anubis admits it does, but then gets fed up with all the backtalk and shoots little... yellow... bolts of light toward the very whumped human, but Aiden charges forth like a linebacker on acid and throws Anubis into a ZPM Power Chamber.

And Aiden is having real breathing issues, and sounds iconic, and as he lays dying, he looks upon John, and he asks John to take off his helmet, so that Sheppard can see the real Aiden Ford just this once. But John stoically reminds his long-lost friend that there is no helmet, and Aiden goes 'you were right...' and perishes.

John then takes up pole-wielding in his training sessions with Teyla and Ronon, much to their dismay, and typically breaks the wooden sticks on a regular basis.

ciannwn
February 11th, 2008, 08:01 AM
beware the beast your wonderful premise has unleashed. Here's my deepest, darkest season five desire for you...

:lol:

You forgot Oma, though. Maybe Anubis escaped by descending her. She could turn up in the city and give the mess hall staff enigmatic lectures on how to cook dinner by candlelight.

Gaeth
February 11th, 2008, 09:02 AM
HELL NO! We have enough Human or Human-form bad guys already!

I want an NEW alien (trully alien) race to be the bad guys, Or no new bad guys at all. If its not alien its not welcome! As if we get ONE MORE Human or Human form bad guy I will SCREAM! Red Dwarf had more aliens than this show and Red Dwarf was set in an Alienless galaxy!

AMEN! Yes totally alien aliens. Lovecraftian Aliens! With tentacles maybe.

A ground battle would be great! They could be figthing a Wraith culling Mech! and it could look like a giant organic spider machine!

That would be.... AWESOME! Like something from the Invid invasion from Robotech. I'd love to see Wraith power armor too.

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Stargate Atlantis: The Princess Bride Chronicles!;)

jelgate
February 11th, 2008, 12:25 PM

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/samjack_girl/smilies/overreacting.gif

JohnRico
February 11th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Since I cant get my lesbian kiss between Carter & Weir. I will take any lesbian kiss the writers decide to do one day

Fenrir Foxz
February 11th, 2008, 12:58 PM

I think Jack would like that, especially when he considers Uma Thurman as a celestial body... But then who doesn't? :P

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/samjack_girl/smilies/overreacting.gif

LoL :D

Since I cant get my lesbian kiss between Carter & Weir. I will take any lesbian kiss the writers decide to do one day

:lol: Keller and Teyla? :P

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 12:59 PM

JohnRico
February 11th, 2008, 01:01 PM

The other two characters Id love to see a lesbian kiss from are dead :( So Im stuck with that

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 01:02 PM
The other two characters Id love to see a lesbian kiss from are dead :( So Im stuck with that

Heightmeyer and Weir?

JohnRico
February 11th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Heightmeyer & Fran - Fixed

My first choice would have been Weir & Carter

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 01:10 PM
My first choice would have been Weir & Carter

oh ok. well personally I'd rather have Sam and FRAN :D

JohnRico
February 11th, 2008, 01:11 PM

All four of them in the same room ahhhh the stuff dreams are made of

Fenrir Foxz
February 11th, 2008, 01:12 PM

:lol: So predictable...

Hows about Alicia Vega and Jennifer Keller? :P

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 01:14 PM
All four of them in the same room ahhhh the stuff dreams are made of

:P

:lol: So predictable...

yeah so? :D

Hows about Alicia Vega and Jennifer Keller? :P

oooh :P

reddevil18
February 11th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Okay, so you people don't like my Graith, but you're all for some lesbian action, huh? :mad: Typical!

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Okay, so you people don't like my Graith, but you're all for some lesbian action, huh? :mad: Typical!

:eek: you're not :confused: :lol:

reddevil18
February 11th, 2008, 01:21 PM
:eek: you aren't :confused: :lol:

Well...*cough*...I wouldn't...you know...oppose it or anything...:fordanime03:(man, that smiley is kinda perverted...)
But...come on!!! I want my Graith!!!

Fenrir Foxz
February 11th, 2008, 01:21 PM

Ohh so that's what we were doing... :P

:eek: you're not :confused: :lol:

LMAO! :D

reddevil18
February 11th, 2008, 01:23 PM
As if you didn't know! You bad, bad boys! :weiranime34:

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 01:25 PM

I think Jack would like that, especially when he considers Uma Thurman as a celestial body... But then who doesn't? :P
Uma Thurman isn't in that movie at least not from what I recall.

:lol: Keller and Teyla? :P
You forgot Carter.;)

Fenrir Foxz
February 11th, 2008, 01:35 PM
As if you didn't know! You bad, bad boys! :weiranime34:

:lol: Yup :D

Uma Thurman isn't in that movie at least not from what I recall.

I must have my films mixed up... shows I watch far too much sci-fi :)

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Well...*cough*...I wouldn't...you know...oppose it or anything...:fordanime03:(man, that smiley is kinda perverted...)
But...come on!!! I want my Graith!!!

:rolleyes: :P

LMAO! :D

;)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/862630.jpg

you can't watch too much sci fi ;)

Fenrir Foxz
February 11th, 2008, 02:01 PM

AWSOME!!! :D:D:D

:indeed:

cabouse18
February 11th, 2008, 02:11 PM

;)

While annoying...it was funny too :lol:

YutheGreat
February 11th, 2008, 05:19 PM
It would be an interesting scene whichever pair does it.

I would like Toddesque episode. I thought about a few days ago. It is a Wraith treasurehunt Todd and the team vs A band of elite WRaith commandos.

Todd and the team are together searching for a Wraith treasure. Something that could give the Wraith a significant advantage. Why Todd? Well Todd is the teams map/guide. The Wraith commandos have a tablet which Todd wrote thousands of years ago. Throughout the epi, there are flashback about what Todd did during the war with ancients while he tries to recall the location of the treasure. I am a big fan of Todd

Gaeth
February 11th, 2008, 05:19 PM

Oh, you've been reading my dream journal....and I need a pregnant Teyla to join in too.

reddevil18
February 11th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Oh, you've been reading my dream journal....and I need a pregnant Teyla to join in too.

Okay, that's kinda...ugh...:S

Gaeth
February 11th, 2008, 05:23 PM
It would be an interesting scene whichever pair does it.

I would like Toddesque episode. I thought about a few days ago. It is a Wraith treasurehunt Todd and the team vs A band of elite WRaith commandos.

Todd and the team are together searching for a Wraith treasure. Something that could give the Wraith a significant advantage. Why Todd? Well Todd is the teams map/guide. The Wraith commandos have a tablet which Todd wrote thousands of years ago. Throughout the epi, there are flashback about what Todd did during the war with ancients while he tries to recall the location of the treasure. I am a big fan of Todd

That would be cool to show flashbacks of the war from a Wraith point of view.

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 05:24 PM
While annoying...it was funny too :lol:

:eek: annoying??? :P

JohnRico
February 11th, 2008, 05:25 PM
I need a pregnant Teyla to join in too.

Those boobs would be :eek:

reddevil18
February 11th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Those boobs would be :eek:
Oh, God! Isn't it enough that the poor kid is probably some kind of Wraith experiment, destined to lead Michael's bug-people to victory over all the humans? You want to poke him in the head as well? Before he's even born?

JohnRico
February 11th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Oh, God! Isn't it enough that the poor kid is probably some kind of Wraith experiment, destined to lead Michael's bug-people to victory over all the humans

That sounds like an evil version of the Terminator movies

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 05:32 PM
:lol: Yup :D

Yup because The Princess Bride is not scifi.

Gaeth
February 11th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Oh, God! Isn't it enough that the poor kid is probably some kind of Wraith experiment, destined to lead Michael's bug-people to victory over all the humans? You want to poke him in the head as well? Before he's even born?

I've heard that can induce labor....There's like a thousand jokes I could go into now but I don't think I could get away with them here.

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 05:39 PM
I've heard that can induce labor....

me too. wasn't that how Ross and Rachel in Friends...err... anyway...

There's like a thousand jokes I could go into now but I don't think I could get away with them here.

you're probably right :P

Gaeth
February 11th, 2008, 05:48 PM
That sounds like an evil version of the Terminator movies

Yeah like a Wraith Messiah.

nx01a
February 11th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Well, he's got their gene. Maybe he can marry the lil brat from Harmony and have really cool kids with both ATA and Wraith genes. :S And together, they bring balance to the Force...

cabouse18
February 11th, 2008, 05:55 PM

Uh yeah ewww....talk about a view and a half;)

reddevil18
February 11th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Well, he's got their gene. Maybe he can marry the lil brat from Harmony and have really cool kids with both ATA and Wraith genes. :S And together, they bring balance to the Force...

F*** the balance!!! I wanna see war! Twins. One good, one evil! Martial arts, leather coats, dark glasses, prophecies and laser sword duels all around!

Fenrir Foxz
February 11th, 2008, 05:56 PM

LoL.. that would be both funny and messed up IMO :D :S :P

cabouse18
February 11th, 2008, 05:58 PM
So it is safe to assume that we all agree that this kid is some sort of evil tool for Michael...a pawn if you will? Cuz to be honest, I am really hoping he is...even though it is cliched;) Not to mention the fac that I don't think the kid is really Kanan's...sure Teyla believes that but I don't think it is true. A kid with the Wraith gene and ATA gene would be a perfect little tool for him.

reddevil18
February 11th, 2008, 06:03 PM
So it is safe to assume that we all agree that this kid is some sort of evil tool for Michael...a pawn if you will? Cuz to be honest, I am really hoping he is...even though it is cliched;)

Well, from everything I've seen about The Kindred, Michael's interested in the kid...So, I think he's definately got some plans for him...And I doubt it involves teaching him how to ride a bicycle...Personally, I just want the kid to die...Eaten by one of the bug-people. Or the Bola-Kai. Or a giant rabbit from M3X-767.

cabouse18
February 11th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Well, from everything I've seen about The Kindred, Michael's interested in the kid...So, I think he's definately got some plans for him...And I doubt it involves teaching him how to ride a bicycle...Personally, I just want the kid to die...Eaten by one of the bug-people. Or the Bola-Kai. Or a giant rabbit from M3X-767.

:lol: yeah I personally have no interest in the kid sticking around. Harsh, I know but can anyone honestly say otherwise? It seems to me that it is pretty obvious that Michael wants and has wanted Teyla....otherwise why take her people if he hadn't set a plan, like the pregnancy, in motion? So many things better be answered in this frickin ep or I am going to scream!

nx01a
February 11th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Or a giant rabbit from M3X-767.
Keep it simple. One of the giant, venomous snake-like creatures on the mainland. :P

Not really Kavan's kid, cabouse18? Sure, one night, after inviting Rodney for a drink...:teyla::mckay::P

And the kid's gotta get kidnapped. That's what babies are for on tv!
Shep'll save him, naturally. Mom'll kill Michael, naturally. And all will be right in Pegasus. Actually, I'd love to see the kid have a natural command over Michael's Iratus-things. Turns them on the bad man who's hurting his mommy and her 'friend', John. Like a Superman Returns piano moment.:D

I'll wish death on characters for being evil [Apophis], just plain annoying [Kavanaugh], or just plain annoyingly evil children [Harmony and the ones from 'Trio'] but I draw the line at babies. Especially Teyla's baby, a cute little bundle of Wraithness.

cabouse18
February 11th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Keep it simple. One of the giant, venomous snake-like creatures on the mainland. :P

Not really Kavan's kid, cabouse18? Sure, one night, after inviting Rodney for a drink...:teyla::mckay::P

And the kid's gotta get kidnapped. That's what babies are for on tv!
Shep'll save him, naturally. Mom'll kill Michael, naturally. And all will be right in Pegasus. Actually, I'd love to see the kid have a natural command over Michael's Iratus-things. Turns them on the bad man who's hurting his mommy and her 'friend', John. Like a Superman Returns piano moment.:D

Baby points finger and Iratus bugs attack....sounds like a bad b-scifi horror movie!

I honestly see some things going down like this:
-Kanan is under the control of Michael
-he helped Michael get Teyla pregnant
-Kanan dies in the season premiere but as he is dying he is broken free of Michael's mind control and apologizes to Telya for all the pain he has caused...then he dies.
-Teyla feels like crap...John and the team are there for her
-Michael escapes(of course) either with the baby or not he escapes.

Anyone think I might be close??

reddevil18
February 11th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Keep it simple. One of the giant, venomous snake-like creatures on the mainland. But...I like the giant rabbit...:(
Like a Superman Returns piano moment.:DOh, God, just thinking about it makes me sick!:S

JohnRico
February 11th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Evil Clowns ? Just to tick off Rodney & John

reddevil18
February 11th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Evil Clowns ? Just to tick off Rodney & John

Yes, brilliant! Evil clowns to kill Teyla's baby! And then eat him! Or eat him alive! Yes, that's better!

JohnRico
February 11th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Yes, brilliant! Evil clowns to kill Teyla's baby! And then eat him! Or eat him alive! Yes, that's better!

& the clowns can bury Ronon alive & make Lorne a replicator

cabouse18

Yes and even if you hate clowns...all the better b/c they will be killed after they have had their fill of baby; the other white meat;)

reddevil18
& the clowns can bury Ronon alive & make Lorne a replicator

Now that's just silly!
We all know only mimes can do that!

JohnRico
February 11th, 2008, 06:17 PM

If Evil Weir changes form when they continue the Replicator story arc she should turn into a Clown

cabouse18
February 11th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Now that's just silly!
We all know only mimes can do that!

This is quite possibly true;)

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 06:18 PM
If Evil Weir changes form when they continue the Replicator story arc she should turn into a Clown

:eek: poor Shep :P

cabouse18

Brings a whole new meaning to "Send in the Clowns"

reddevil18

A hooker-clown! Sort of like a combination between Larrin and the clown in Doppleganger. Sheppard's worst nightmare!

Fenrir Foxz
February 11th, 2008, 06:19 PM

What so she can give Shep nightmares? :P That might just work to her advantage :D

JohnRico
February 11th, 2008, 06:19 PM
:eek: poor Shep :P

An evil clown with a freaking laser beam on its head

cabouse18
February 11th, 2008, 06:20 PM

Yeah Terminator Clown!! And a claw...all bad guys have to have claws.

reddevil18
February 11th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Yes, commanded by Todd, who will demand...*dramatic pause*...ONE. MILLION. DOLLARS!!!

JohnRico
February 11th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Yes, commanded by Todd, who will demand...*dramatic pause*...ONE. MILLION. DOLLARS!!!

& then Rodney would pop up & say "One million dollars isnt exactly alot of money these days"

Fenrir Foxz
February 11th, 2008, 06:22 PM

OMG! :lol: That would be really, really funny :D

reddevil18
February 11th, 2008, 06:23 PM
& then Rodney would pop up & say "One million dollars isnt exactly alot of money these days"

Hey, this could all actually work. The Wraith are into cloning and all that...Can you say "Mini-Todd"?

JohnRico
February 11th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Hey, this could all actually work. The Wraith are into cloning and all that...Can you say "Mini-Todd"?

Todd would clone the Johns team & Sheppard would be Todds evil best friend

cabouse18
February 11th, 2008, 06:24 PM

So mini Todd with a laser beam attached to his freaking head and a demand for a million dollars? This is scifi...it could soooo work;)

reddevil18
February 11th, 2008, 06:26 PM
So mini Todd with a laser beam attached to his freaking head and a demand for a million dollars? This is scifi...it could soooo work;)

And all the while Michael is screaming to his bug-second-in-command: "ZE CLOWNS! SEND IN ZE CLOWNS!!!!!"

JohnRico
February 11th, 2008, 06:27 PM
What have I done to this thread. I sure hope Joe is not reading this

reddevil18
February 11th, 2008, 06:28 PM
What have I done to this thread. I sure hope Joe is not reading thisI hope he IS reading it! This here is gold, dude! Material to last him until season 7. Easily!

nx01a
February 11th, 2008, 06:31 PM
-he helped Michael get Teyla pregnant
I'm sure he needed lots of prodding and hated every minute of it.;)

GenHammondsBarber
February 11th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Exploration of Atlantis. Secrets of Atlantis. Cool rooms in Atlantis. More to do with the actual city.

I also would like to see them find a permanent solution to the Wraith or Replicators so they can spend more time on exploring Atlantis.

nx01a
February 11th, 2008, 06:35 PM
If Atlantis' office space was as expensive as Manhattan's, they'd have every room checked by now. And rented.

reddevil18
February 11th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Exploration of Atlantis. Secrets of Atlantis. Cool rooms in Atlantis. More to do with the actual city.

Yeah, where's that damn hollodeck we were promised? And I want a red light district. Maybe by the South pier...When the Daedalus or the Apollo drop by, the sailors can have a good time...

ykickamoocow
February 11th, 2008, 06:41 PM
What about a episode where Rodney turns evil (for whatever reason) and the rest of the team must find him and capture him. I think a evil McKay would be great to see and with his scientific knowledge he would be hard to capture aswell.

reddevil18
February 11th, 2008, 06:43 PM
What about a episode where Rodney turns evil (for whatever reason) and the rest of the team must find him and capture him. I think a evil McKay would be great to see and with his scientific knowledge he would be hard to capture aswell. Suuure...
Evil McKay: Yes, finally, I can rule the Universe! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! *runs into Ronon's booby-trap* CRAP! Ummm...can someone cut me down?

JohnRico
February 11th, 2008, 06:44 PM
What about a episode where Rodney turns evil (for whatever reason) and the rest of the team must find him and capture him. I think a evil McKay would be great to see and with his scientific knowledge he would be hard to capture aswell.

Sheppard gets Super Powers

Rodney gets Super Powers

Sheppard becomes "The One"

Rodney becomes "Agent Rod"

"Rod" kills the entire universe & only those two are left

Rod & Shep have a Super Fight in the style of (The Matrix Revolutions) outside & around the city

At the end Sheppard is woken up by Rodney & says "I was having a beautiful dream"

Then Rodney is like "Must have been something about hot chicks" * then walks away

ykickamoocow
February 11th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Suuure...
Evil McKay: Yes, finally, I can rule the Universe! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! *runs into Ronon's booby-trap* CRAP! Ummm...can someone cut me down?

Yes but that was in a enviroment which McKay didnt know about. Pressumably evil McKay would choose a location which he is familar with. Out of the entire team McKay is the one you least want to turn evil as he has the knowledge to do alot of damage.

nx01a
February 11th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Ronon'll just shoot you. Rodney'll open a hole into another space/time and destroy both universes.

ykickamoocow
February 11th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Ronon'll just shoot you. Rodney'll open a hole into another space/time and destroy both universes.

Exactly. You wouldnt want Rodney to be your enemy.

reddevil18
February 11th, 2008, 06:57 PM

He does that already. With friends like him, who needs enemies? :S

nx01a
February 11th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Evil Rodney goes back to Lantea and tries to kill the whales, almost swallowed Ahab style, the shock brings him back to himself, he goes for a nice swim with Junior and his mom.

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 07:34 PM
I'm sure he needed lots of prodding and hated every minute of it.;)

Ewwwww.

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Evil Rodney goes back to Lantea and tries to kill the whales, almost swallowed Ahab style, the shock brings him back to himself, he goes for a nice swim with Junior and his mom.

will he take a PJ? :P

ykickamoocow
February 11th, 2008, 10:48 PM
I just thought of another McKay idea (yes he is my favourite character)

What McKay needs is a episode where he has to kill a human with a knife. Up until know McKay has only killed wraith with guns but killing a human with a knife is far more personal and it would be interesting to see how McKay would deal with taking a life in such a gruesome way.

LORD MONK
February 12th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Teyla's not leaving.
And how exactly is the IOA an investment company?!:S And since when has Atlantis been a military operation? It's always been a civilian expedition, with the backing of the military. And in extreme cases, such as WAR, the military makes the decisions, but that's it.

We are watching the same show right? The Atlantis became a military operation since we found out that the wraith want to go to earth and eat us. That is why every ep you see is about us in military situations and not going through the gate looking for spices to send back to earth.
So what do you call the situation between us and the wraith if it isn't war? And who do you think benefits from all the tech going back through the gate? And who do you think is giving all of this tech to the big corp. to make more money? Think about it. Mrs. Mckay getiing kidnapped, the Earth Replicator and so on and so on.

reddevil18
February 12th, 2008, 09:48 AM
We are watching the same show right? The Atlantis became a military operation since we found out that the wraith want to go to earth and eat us. That is why every ep you see is about us in military situations and not going through the gate looking for spices to send back to earth.
So what do you call the situation between us and the wraith if it isn't war? And who do you think benefits from all the tech going back through the gate? And who do you think is giving all of this tech to the big corp. to make more money? Think about it. Mrs. Mckay getiing kidnapped, the Earth Replicator and so on and so on.

Christ...Atlantis is NOT a military operation. It's a civilian run EXPLORATION mission. Has been from day one. The military is there to provide back-up and protection. As for the whole military situations - that's the whole point of the show - they show the exciting parts. The explosions, the gunfire. But you DO realise that the 20 episodes in one season represent a few days, weeks tops out of one year, right? What do you think they do the rest of the time? Explore planets, study plants, animals and so on. That's why there's all those people with these things called PhD's that work in these places called labs, working on different things found in the PG, ranging from flowers to possible new energy sources and weapons.
And the whole "corporations benefit" thing is besides the point. That is NOT the IOA. They are not an "investment company"(that's the dumbest thing I've read in a while). It's there to make sure that all the countries involved get their fair share and esentially run the programme. Where the technology goes from there is another story. And it makes perfect sense that they'd filter it down to corporations. That's the world we live in - corporations MAKE stuff. That's what they're best at. The government points them in the right direction and they do the rest, since they have the means. Sure, the execs will profit, but there's no way around it. If you want to mass produce a new vaccine for whatever disease, it's easier and more efficient to get a large pharmaceutical company involved than to keep everything state-controlled.
And the "relationship" with the Wraith is not a typical war. They don't go around engaging in battle every episode. The Wraith are an enemy, but the story isn't really an on-going war with them. If it were war, our ships would be hunting the Wraith Hives, similar to what they did to the Replicators. It's more of a Cold War situation, with the occasional "heating up". As such, there is no need for constant military control and protocol. Atlantis can and does go about its business, which DOES involve sending back plants, for study.

Klenotka
February 12th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Heavy McKay whump episode!

(right thread this time)

Jumper_One
February 12th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Heavy McKay whump episode!

(right thread this time)

just Rodney? not Shep? :D

cabouse18
February 12th, 2008, 11:02 AM

Hell....whump them both!

Emre
February 12th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Deepest desire?

Canon slash.

John x Rodney and Lorne x Parrish/Zelenka - because every soldier needs a scientist (and the occasional botanist). =P

But as a desire that might actually happen...more character development for the recurring characters. (And another episode with Cadman. We need moar Cadman)

Jumper_One
February 12th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Hell....whump them both!

:indeed: :D

Chailyn
February 12th, 2008, 11:44 AM
1. More Atlantis eps. The team is living in the coolest city ever, but we'd hardly ever know it. I want some of that season 1 wonder, especially being able to see Sheppard's special connection to the city.

2. Play up Sheppard's gene beyond just shooting drones. It was the reason he was hired after all.

3. More conflict. I've decided to give Woosley a shot, so I better see some tension that eclipses more than a few eps. I'd also like to see more conflicts between the team, especially with Teyla and Ronon. With so many people from different backgrounds/cultures/galaxies, Atlantis as a whole gets along far too well. We need to shake things up (which can be done without killing anyone!).

4. Carson back either as a strong recurring or as a regular. I really miss the guy, and I've already suspended my logic enough for this show, so this shouldn't make much of a difference.

5. A stronger, more complex enemy. I'd like some of that season 1 suspense back when our enemies were actually strong and threatening. Our team wins too much and too easily.

And it really isn't a dark desire but...

6. More Lorne. :P

Linzi
February 12th, 2008, 12:05 PM
I wants lots of things. More of the same really. Good stories, good character pieces and interactions etc...But on an extremely selfish level, and a shallow one. I REALLY want an EXTREME Shep whump episode. Oooh, looks like I'm getting one! :)

Mitchell82
February 12th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Christ...Atlantis is NOT a military operation. It's a civilian run EXPLORATION mission. Has been from day one. The military is there to provide back-up and protection. As for the whole military situations - that's the whole point of the show - they show the exciting parts. The explosions, the gunfire.
Wrong. It started out civilian but that changed once Earth found out about the Wraith threat. Since then it stayed both joint military and civilian till season 4. But the military presence was increased drastically in season 2, and several decisions were made by the Military rather than Weir.

But you DO realise that the 20 episodes in one season represent a few days, weeks tops out of one year, right? Uh no. Try months not weeks.
What do you think they do the rest of the time? Explore planets, study plants, animals and so on. That's why there's all those people with these things called PhD's that work in these places called labs, working on different things found in the PG, ranging from flowers to possible new energy sources and weapons.
Yes they do research with civilian scientists like in SG-1 and yes the operation has been joint civilian/military but the military control increased since season 2.

And the whole "corporations benefit" thing is besides the point. That is NOT the IOA. They are not an "investment company"(that's the dumbest thing I've read in a while). It's there to make sure that all the countries involved get their fair share and esentially run the programme. Where the technology goes from there is another story. And it makes perfect sense that they'd filter it down to corporations. That's the world we live in - corporations MAKE stuff. That's what they're best at. The government points them in the right direction and they do the rest, since they have the means. Sure, the execs will profit, but there's no way around it. If you want to mass produce a new vaccine for whatever disease, it's easier and more efficient to get a large pharmaceutical company involved than to keep everything state-controlled.
Exactly. But remember that most of the companies don't know what they are creating.

And the "relationship" with the Wraith is not a typical war. They don't go around engaging in battle every episode. The Wraith are an enemy, but the story isn't really an on-going war with them. If it were war, our ships would be hunting the Wraith Hives, similar to what they did to the Replicators. It's more of a Cold War situation, with the occasional "heating up". As such, there is no need for constant military control and protocol. Atlantis can and does go about its business, which DOES involve sending back plants, for study.
Agreed. Research has to be done it is one of the reasons we went. There is no need for constant military protocol.

Klenotka
February 12th, 2008, 12:32 PM

I prefer Zelenka over Shep ;)

The one thing I really wish are more team actions. Some good, old, S1 missions.

And finally another Defiant one style of episode for Sheppard and McKay. But even more serious, where they would have to rely on each other, one of them could be injured...just some really hard, action episode for them - without reset button in following episodes.

Since they want Teyla to stay, then they should try to make her connect more with Rodney...they definitely need to have more scenes together, so Ronon with Rodney.

More Lorne, Zelenka and Chuck!

That´s all...and I am afraid that even this is impossible :(

ykickamoocow
February 12th, 2008, 12:58 PM

The one thing I really wish are more team actions. Some good, old, S1 missions.

And finally another Defiant one style of episode for Sheppard and McKay. But even more serious, where they would have to rely on each other, one of them could be injured...just some really hard, action episode for them - without reset button in following episodes.

Since they want Teyla to stay, then they should try to make her connect more with Rodney...they definitely need to have more scenes together, so Ronon with Rodney.

More Lorne, Zelenka and Chuck!

That´s all...and I am afraid that even this is impossible :(

McKay hasnt really connected with either Teyla or Ronon on a personal level. Whenever McKay is in a scene with only 1 other member of his team you can almost guarantee that its Sheppard. I agree with you, some scenes between Rodney and Teyla and Rodney and Ronon would be nice to see.

reddevil18
February 12th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Wrong. It started out civilian but that changed once Earth found out about the Wraith threat. Since then it stayed both joint military and civilian till season 4. But the military presence was increased drastically in season 2, and several decisions were made by the Military rather than Weir. We're talking about a handful of decisions - the first strike on Asuras for one - out of THOUSANDS of decisions. The military is there and takes control in combat situations, but that is still a small percentage of the time. The IOA is in charge at the end of the day. By definition, that's civilian authority. Just like any democratic state - in extreme situations, military needs supersede any others and take control(be it martial law or war with another state). That does not make that state a militaristic regime.

Uh no. Try months not weeks. Apart from the episode with Sheppard stuck in that place with the invisible monster(sorry, I forgot the name of the episode), I really don't recall any episode taking place over a longer period of time than a few weeks tops. As such, out of the year that they spend on Atlantis, we, the viewers, only see a few weeks(a few weeks might mean 8, which is still 2 months). That's what I mean by that.

Yes they do research with civilian scientists like in SG-1 and yes the operation has been joint civilian/military but the military control increased since season 2. Again, I think it's an increase of military presence(which would have happened earlier had they been able to get to Atlantis before season 2), but not actual control. We see a lot more direct confrontations with the Wraith(space battles and so on) and it's normal that the military conduct those, but even then, Atlantis itself was under Weir's command.

Exactly. But remember that most of the companies don't know what they are creating.Indeed. Which is why it makes sense. People are gonna get rich. Of course they are, but the point is to get these advancements into use...

Agreed. Research has to be done it is one of the reasons we went. There is no need for constant military protocol.Indeed.

CazzBlade
February 12th, 2008, 01:06 PM
1. I want some of that season 1 wonder, especially being able to see Sheppard's special connection to the city.

2. Play up Sheppard's gene beyond just shooting drones. It was the reason he was hired after all.

Seconded, they've kinda forgotten about that recently. I think this could be the perfect situation for an on atlantis ep. (also room for whump ;))

Jumper_One
February 12th, 2008, 03:20 PM

how about Rodney, Shep AND Zelenka ;)

reddevil18
February 12th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Okay, here by popular demand, I give you a friggin clown with a friggin laser on his friggin head!
http://i31.tinypic.com/11cfrex.jpg

Killdeer
February 12th, 2008, 05:20 PM
I second the request for Rodney whump.

I'd also like to see FRAN return. I just finished watching BAMSR again - the girl who played her was such a fantastic actress. :)

cabouse18
February 12th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Okay, here by popular demand, I give you a friggin clown with a friggin laser on his friggin head!
http://i31.tinypic.com/11cfrex.jpg

Hell Yes!! Now where is the baby??!!;)

Redhooks
February 12th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Yeah, but Larrin said no one shoots drones like Sheppard. ;) :P :D

blue-skyz
February 12th, 2008, 05:27 PM
how about Rodney, Shep AND Zelenka ;)
Oh yes! They are wonderful together. More please! :)

Adrift: walking to the spacesuits and in the control room.
First Strike: deciding to fly the city.

Chailyn
February 12th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Seconded, they've kinda forgotten about that recently. I think this could be the perfect situation for an on atlantis ep. (also room for whump ;))

Mmmm...whump is good. :D

I just really think Atlantis the city needs to shine a bit again. It was almost a character in the first season, but it's been used as basically a flying apartment complex now. My favorite scene of the series is still the moment Sheppard stepped on those steps and they lit up for the first time. That was the moment I knew I'd love the show. Atlantis was something so alien and wonderous. I'd like to see that connection with Sheppard again.

Yeah, but Larrin said no one shoots drones like Sheppard.

:lol: I walked right into that! Touché! :D

Gaeth
February 12th, 2008, 07:54 PM

I just really think Atlantis the city needs to shine a bit again. It was almost a character in the first season, but it's been used as basically a flying apartment complex now. My favorite scene of the series is still the moment Sheppard stepped on those steps and they lit up for the first time. That was the moment I knew I'd love the show. Atlantis was something so alien and wonderous. I'd like to see that connection with Sheppard again.

:D

Maybe something where different parts of the city perform different acts depending on his mood, or anyone with the gene. Maybe an AI in the city that caters to people with the ATA gene, or some other hidden program like that episode from Ds9. You'd have to adjust so it wasn't too much like quarantine. Maybe they activate something accidentally and a hologram of Merlin (or someone else) shows up. Or they could stumble across an Ancient's personal holographic journal. Oh maybe the city can reconfigure itself like the SDF from Robotech. Now I'm just rambling.

Linzi
February 13th, 2008, 12:18 AM

:lol: I walked right into that! Touché! :D
I agree about the city being used more in episodes. It's a fascinating thing, why not unlock some more of its secrets? Show us some new parts of it? I have a horrible feeling though, that eppies involving the city cost lots of money because of set builds etc..:(

Whump is always good! Especially if it's involved Shep! ;)

Also Sheppard and his ATA gene and how he connects with the city and operates Ancient Tech. That'd be interesting too.

As for the Shep shooting his drones? I'm not saying anything! ;)

jelgate
February 13th, 2008, 10:34 AM
I agree about the city being used more in episodes. It's a fascinating thing, why not unlock some more of its secrets? Show us some new parts of it? I have a horrible feeling though, that eppies involving the city cost lots of money because of set builds etc..:(

Whump is always good! Especially if it's involved Shep! ;)

Also Sheppard and his ATA gene and how he connects with the city and operates Ancient Tech. That'd be interesting too.

As for the Shep shooting his drones? I'm not saying anything! ;)

All whumping is sick and wrong:P

anima
February 13th, 2008, 10:55 AM
I'd like to see the ship the Ancients used to leave their home galaxy to avoid a war with the Ori before they came to the Milky Way. It would also be a good reason for Daniel to come to Atlantis.

reddevil18
February 13th, 2008, 10:58 AM
I'd like to see the ship the Ancients used to leave their home galaxy to avoid a war with the Ori before they came to the Milky Way. It would also be a good reason for Daniel to come to Atlantis.

Yeah, but I don't see what that'd be doing in the Pegasus Galaxy...

anima
February 13th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Yeah, but I don't see what that'd be doing in the Pegasus Galaxy...

True I guess the only way it could be introduced into the show is if it was in the Atlantis database and they went back to the Milky Way to find it.

reddevil18
February 13th, 2008, 11:08 AM
True I guess the only way it could be introduced into the show is if it was in the Atlantis database and they went back to the Milky Way to find it.

Yeah, in an upcoming SG-1 episode...Wait...DAMN! :mckay:
Oh, well...

THE HAM
February 13th, 2008, 11:30 AM
I want to see Shepherd take things over from Woosley and lock him up and throw away the key....oh ya with the Wraith they captured.

Gaeth
February 13th, 2008, 11:36 AM
I want to see Shepherd take things over from Woosley and lock him up and throw away the key....oh ya with the Wraith they captured.

Yeah he will have killed two of his bosses. He'll be living the American dream.

Redhooks
February 13th, 2008, 12:10 PM
I'd like to see the ship the Ancients used to leave their home galaxy to avoid a war with the Ori before they came to the Milky Way.
You might not have to wait until Season 5 of SGA to see that. ;)

It is in the Ark of Truth.

anima
February 13th, 2008, 01:12 PM
You might not have to wait until Season 5 of SGA to see that. ;)

It is in the Ark of Truth.

Thanks for the info. Thats convenient I hope its unique among the Ancient ships that we have already seen.

reddevil18
February 13th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the info. Thats convenient I hope its unique among the Ancient ships that we have already seen.

Hmmm...I thought you'd already seen AoT and that's why you wanted to see the ship, because...we barely see it for like 10 seconds. Though, it IS a never before seen design. Kinda small, actually.

anima
February 13th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Hmmm...I thought you'd already seen AoT and that's why you wanted to see the ship, because...we barely see it for like 10 seconds. Though, it IS a never before seen design. Kinda small, actually.

I haven't seen AoT but if the ship is seen for so little time then it would still be nice to learn more about it in SGA.

Reiko
February 13th, 2008, 04:37 PM
(And another episode with Cadman. We need moar Cadman)

I love Cadman, she ish awesome :D Except we have to factor in the Mallozzi might have forgotton who she was :S

I agree with you, some scenes between Rodney and Teyla and Rodney and Ronon would be nice to see.

I would like to also see Rodney develop with Ronon and Teyla.

Yeah, but Larrin said no one shoots drones like Sheppard. ;) :P :D

And what drones might that be? ;)

Yeah he will have killed two of his bosses. He'll be living the American dream.

LOL. Greenie 4 you =]

I also would like to see
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/SGAngeL204/A%20Dogs%20Breakfast/PDVD_137.jpg

Gaeth
February 13th, 2008, 04:44 PM
LOL. Greenie 4 you =]

Thanks comrade.

Mitchell82
February 13th, 2008, 05:34 PM
But...I like the giant rabbit...:( Oh, God, just thinking about it makes me sick!:S

Let me guess not a Superman Returns fan?

Mitchell82
February 13th, 2008, 05:37 PM

Not necessarily.The city at the beginning is obviously the city ship but it's incomplete in that shot as well as the lift off scene. I seriously doubt it's small.

reddevil18
February 13th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Let me guess not a Superman Returns fan?

Indeed.

reddevil18
February 13th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Not necessarily.The city at the beginning is obviously the city ship but it's incomplete in that shot as well as the lift off scene. I seriously doubt it's small.

Well, compared to Atlantis, it was small.

wheresmyfroggy
February 13th, 2008, 08:10 PM
I want to start by saying that I actually like Atlantis better than SG-1. That said, my one and only (long-term) misgiving with the series has been the core team, or lack thereof. At this point in SG-1, the four members of the team were a tight-knit group and that fact shined through in every episode. Even if it was plot-driven, little moments between members would show how close they actually were (all FOUR of them *cough*). Any one member could be lifted out and I could see the other three getting along fantabulously. Ex: If O'Neill couldn't make it to team night, Carter, Daniel, and Teal'c would still have a great time.

On Atlantis, however, the team comes apart very easily. Observe: take away Sheppard. Voila! No team! No one can honestly say they could picture Ronon, Teyla, and Mckay planning to hang out without Sheppard. So many episodes leave Mckay out of team moments, it's ridiculous. Would it be so hard to show Ronon rolling his eyes in amusement rather than growling with derision? Would it be so hard to have Mckay acknowledge Teyla's sudden ballooning ("is that a tumor?!")?

Mckay and Mrs. Miller, The Return Pt.1, Reunion, The Seer, the list is endless. Where's the team togetherness? You don't have to focus entire episodes on it! Little moments sometimes are more telling than anything else.

*gets off of soapbox*

Oh yeah! And... KOLYA!

ykickamoocow
February 13th, 2008, 08:30 PM
I want to start by saying that I actually like Atlantis better than SG-1. That said, my one and only (long-term) misgiving with the series has been the core team, or lack thereof. At this point in SG-1, the four members of the team were a tight-knit group and that fact shined through in every episode. Even if it was plot-driven, little moments between members would show how close they actually were (all FOUR of them *cough*). Any one member could be lifted out and I could see the other three getting along fantabulously. Ex: If O'Neill couldn't make it to team night, Carter, Daniel, and Teal'c would still have a great time.

On Atlantis, however, the team comes apart very easily. Observe: take away Sheppard. Voila! No team! No one can honestly say they could picture Ronon, Teyla, and Mckay planning to hang out without Sheppard. So many episodes leave Mckay out of team moments, it's ridiculous. Would it be so hard to show Ronon rolling his eyes in amusement rather than growling with derision? Would it be so hard to have Mckay acknowledge Teyla's sudden ballooning ("is that a tumor?!")?

Mckay and Mrs. Miller, The Return Pt.1, Reunion, The Seer, the list is endless. Where's the team togetherness? You don't have to focus entire episodes on it! Little moments sometimes are more telling than anything else.

*gets off of soapbox*

I agree.

Ronon and Teyla are friends
Ronon and Sheppard are friends
Sheppard and Teyla are friends
Sheppard and McKay are friends

as i said in a previous post there isnt enough interaction between McKay and Ronon and McKay and Telya.

wheresmyfroggy
February 13th, 2008, 08:33 PM
I agree.

Ronon and Teyla are friends
Ronon and Sheppard are friends
Sheppard and Teyla are friends
Sheppard and McKay are friends

as i said in a previous post there isnt enough interaction between McKay and Ronon and McKay and Telya.

Way to sum up what I was trying to say with four simple statements, lol. I am long-winded.

Sorry if I'm rehashing what you said, I found this thread late and was too lazy to read through everything. Glad we agree, though!

PG15
February 13th, 2008, 08:49 PM
That makes sense; Rodney isn't exactly the friendly type.

While team moments are nice, I wouldn't except the Atlantis team to be the same as the SG1 team. Why would they be? They're different characters. ;)

ykickamoocow
February 13th, 2008, 08:53 PM

Thats the problem the writers have. Though in the episode "Tao of Rodney" Mckay had good moments with both Ronon and Teyla so it is certainly possible to make McKay friends with the both of them in the future.

Killdeer
February 13th, 2008, 08:58 PM

While team moments are nice, I wouldn't except the Atlantis team to be the same as the SG1 team. Why would they be? They're different characters. ;)

I don't think anyone's saying they expect the team to be just like SG-1. But they've been together for four years now. It's a little frustrating that there hasn't been more effort to try to build up some kind of relationship between Rodney and Teyla and Ronon. wheresmyfroggy's right - take away Sheppard, and the team falls apart. Without him, Rodney has no connection to the team whatsoever - half the time Teyla and Ronon barely seem to tolerate him this season. In fact, with Elizabeth and Carson gone from Atlantis (and yes I know he'll be back in 5 eps, but we don't know in what capacity yet), Rodney has little to any connection with anyone on Atlantis anymore except Sheppard. At least they haven't taken that away yet, and I've appreciated that. But I'd really like Rodney to become more involved with the team, instead of it seeming like a three person team and Rodney a lot of the time.

Since Rodney is my favorite character (though I enjoy the rest of the team too), Rodney's gradual isolation is one of the things that bothers me most about this season, and I really do hope they address it in S5. It was nice to see Keller taking a bit of an interest in Trio, whether you saw it as friendship or flirting. Unfortunately, I doubt it will go anywhere. :S

wheresmyfroggy
February 13th, 2008, 09:00 PM

Also, I'm not saying they should be the same as the SG-1 team, yes they are different characters and will have different reactions. But seriously? At this point, I don't even believe that they're friends (aside from the ones my esteemed colleague mentioned). And honestly, the situations they go into every time they step through the gate for a mission, they should get along fairly well for that.

ykickamoocow
February 13th, 2008, 09:06 PM
I don't think anyone's saying they expect the team to be just like SG-1. But they've been together for four years now. It's a little frustrating that there hasn't been more effort to try to build up some kind of relationship between Rodney and Teyla and Ronon. wheresmyfroggy's right - take away Sheppard, and the team falls apart. Without him, Rodney has no connection to the team whatsoever - half the time Teyla and Ronon barely seem to tolerate him this season. In fact, with Elizabeth and Carson gone from Atlantis (and yes I know he'll be back in 5 eps, but we don't know in what capacity yet), Rodney has little to any connection with anyone on Atlantis anymore except Sheppard. At least they haven't taken that away yet, and I've appreciated that. But I'd really like Rodney to become more involved with the team, instead of it seeming like a three person team and Rodney a lot of the time.

Since Rodney is my favorite character (though I enjoy the rest of the team too), Rodney's gradual isolation is one of the things that bothers me most about this season, and I really do hope they address it in S5. It was nice to see Keller taking a bit of an interest in Trio, whether you saw it as friendship or flirting. Unfortunately, I doubt it will go anywhere. :S

I agree completely. In season 5 what the writers need to do is have a episode where McKay, Teyla and Ronon all go on a mission without Sheppard (maybe Sheppard injures himself and isnt able to go on the mission) so Ronon and Teyla can interact with McKay without Sheppard being there.

Killdeer
February 13th, 2008, 09:10 PM
I agree completely. In season 5 what the writers need to do is have a episode where McKay, Teyla and Ronon all go on a mission without Sheppard (maybe Sheppard injures himself and isnt able to go on the mission) so Ronon and Teyla can interact with McKay without Sheppard being there.

Well, I've been wanting a Rodney and Teyla episode for ages. Rodney and Ronon were actually starting to build up a relationship in the second half of S3, but that's been totally dropped this season.

It would be an interesting episode if the three of them would actually interact, instead of McKay ranting, Ronon grunting and snarling, and Teyla rolling her eyes and sighing in frustration. That's no more or less than what we get now.

wheresmyfroggy
February 13th, 2008, 09:14 PM

Way back when the spoilers for Trio were first coming out, I really, reeeeeeeeeeeally wanted it to be Mckay/Ronon/Teyla trapped together. Alas, no dice.

Killdeer
February 13th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Way back when the spoilers for Trio were first coming out, I really, reeeeeeeeeeeally wanted it to be Mckay/Ronon/Teyla trapped together. Alas, no dice.

That would have been awesome. :) As it was, I ended up enjoying the episode more than I thought I would, but....yeah, that would have been something I would have really looked forward to.

reddevil18
February 13th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Yeah, I agree. There's just no REAL connection throughout the group. They have their moments, but overall, it's still groups within a larger group, that just doesn't feel that connected. Teyla with Ronon, Shep with McKay. That's how I see them. And the fact that throughout this season they've barely had any team moments only accentuated that fact. I'm not saying that developing the relationship between any 2 characters is a bad thing, but I wish they'd shake it up beyond the McKay with Shep/McKay alone/Shep alone/Shep with Ronon thing. But, they've still got time to develop them and I'm confident they will. It's just that, you can't help but see the difference between the tightness in the SG-1 group and the relationship between the 4 members of "SGA-1"...

Bride of Zelenka
February 14th, 2008, 04:09 AM
Teyla and sheppard get together. Either that or McKay/Sheppard. Tee Hee!!!

:sheppard::mckay:

Actually that's a good idea. I'd like to see John admit his not so secret 'thing' for Rodney and then for any 'relationship stuff' to be implied off camera so to speak so that the boys professional relationship would stay the same but we would know they both had someone to turn to.
Just no sloppy stuff:o

Mitchell82
February 14th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Indeed.

Too bad. I loved it.

Mitchell82
February 14th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Well, compared to Atlantis, it was small.

True though I imagine just like their other ships they come in all shapes and sizes.

reddevil18
February 14th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Too bad. I loved it.
Well, good for you then. Seeing Superman all emo and fighting a rock as the climax was too much for me...And the kid...ugh...I won't even go there. But, I'm sure there are plenty of movies I like that you can't stand, so...;)

Mitchell82
February 14th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Well, good for you then. Seeing Superman all emo and fighting a rock as the climax was too much for me...And the kid...ugh...I won't even go there. But, I'm sure there are plenty of movies I like that you can't stand, so...;)

:lol: Probably. Superman emo? Never heard that complaint before except for Spiderman 3.

reddevil18
February 14th, 2008, 12:52 PM
True though I imagine just like their other ships they come in all shapes and sizes.

True. Which makes me wish the team found more types of Ancient ships. Like a transport ship. Oooohhh...how 'bout this? A transport ship, on its way back to Atlantis. The passangers are in stasis. Michael and his bug-people board it. SGA-1 follows. Que Alien "homage" part deux...:D

Mitchell82
February 14th, 2008, 12:54 PM
True. Which makes me wish the team found more types of Ancient ships. Like a transport ship. Oooohhh...how 'bout this? A transport ship, on its way back to Atlantis. The passangers are in stasis. Michael and his bug-people board it. SGA-1 follows. Que Alien "homage" part deux...:D

Sweet.

reddevil18
February 14th, 2008, 12:55 PM
:lol: Probably. Superman emo? Never heard that complaint before except for Spiderman 3.

Well, emo-Spidey was a damn joke. Oooohhh, I eat cookies!
Emo-Supes was crying. And crying. And flying around all sad and alone. And crying. And behaving like a freaky stalker person...Ugh...Just not my cup of tea. But, at least there were no dance routines. That's always a plus.

Gaeth
February 14th, 2008, 07:38 PM
If they do another 'stuck together' episode it should be the core team at least. And they should be really stuck, so stuck they can't get food and have to resort to eating....a dead Wraith. It'd be a bit of poetic justice.

Oh and the show needs to be more violent, my thirst for blood must be quenched.

josh
February 14th, 2008, 10:36 PM
my desire:

mid season 2 parter... the wraith have their cloning base back operational and have been cloning quite a large army. Shep and the team, looking for help against the wraith, stumble across a planet with large bunkers of beings in stasis... they think its wraith but notice the architecture is quite different, they accidently awaken the bunker and come to find that its the sleeping place of the furlings and they have been in stasis for 100's of thousands of years.

i wish

Vala1970
February 15th, 2008, 11:25 AM
I think it would be interesting to do more with the Wraith character, "Todd." The fact that he is not pure evil and quite rational and likable would add a lot more dimension to the battle with the Wraith. It would be nice to see a good or mostly good Wraith presence on Atlantis;he's kinda funny and they all seem to like him, despite everything. It would be even funnier to introduce him to Rodney's old girlfriend Katie and have them develop a kind of "flirtation" that would just kill Rodney in a hundred different ways and give the other character endless shots at Rodney!

reddevil18
February 15th, 2008, 11:50 AM
I think it would be interesting to do more with the Wraith character, "Todd." The fact that he is not pure evil and quite rational and likable would add a lot more dimension to the battle with the Wraith. It would be nice to see a good or mostly good Wraith presence on Atlantis;he's kinda funny and they all seem to like him, despite everything. It would be even funnier to introduce him to Rodney's old girlfriend Katie and have them develop a kind of "flirtation" that would just kill Rodney in a hundred different ways and give the other character endless shots at Rodney!

Oh, you can bet we'll see more of Todd. But I doubt he'll get a warm, friendly reception after the events in Midway

Mitchell82
February 15th, 2008, 03:14 PM
If they do another 'stuck together' episode it should be the core team at least. And they should be really stuck, so stuck they can't get food and have to resort to eating....a dead Wraith. It'd be a bit of poetic justice.
I see your point about the key team though I liked what they did in Trio. As to the last part...ewwwww.

Oh and the show needs to be more violent, my thirst for blood must be quenched.
I disagree. They have a nice balance right now.

nx01a
February 15th, 2008, 03:26 PM
We've already got Shep prompting an unstable man to commit suicide [for a greater good, sure, but still...]. I'm sure the next step would be him slaughtering a whole colony, perhaps from the Daedalus.

The cohesion of the SGA staff isn't anywhere near as slick as SG-1. I always point to the end of 'Lost City' as a moment when you could feel that SG-1 were a family, not just a team. That took 7 years. If Shep had to be put into stasis possibly without cure, what level of reaction would we really expect from Teyla, Ronon and Mckay? Sad, sure, but...

I don't care how they do it. I. Want. My. FURLINGS!

Mitchell82
February 15th, 2008, 03:28 PM
We've already got Shep prompting an unstable man to commit suicide [for a greater good, sure, but still...]. I'm sure the next step would be him slaughtering a whole colony, perhaps from the Daedalus.

The cohesion of the SGA staff isn't anywhere near as slick as SG-1. I always point to the end of 'Lost City' as a moment when you could feel that SG-1 were a family, not just a team. That took 7 years. If Shep had to be put into stasis possibly without cure, what level of reaction would we really expect from Teyla, Ronon and Mckay? Sad, sure, but...

I don't care how they do it. I. Want. My. FURLINGS!

Sorry I disagree. THis will make it a clone of SG-1.

nx01a
February 15th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Just used the stasis pod as an emotional example, not a desire for a plot.;)
I think there's nothing wrong with them being good friends who save each others' lives and the galaxies, etc. I don't expect them to become as close knit as SG-1 and that might be a good, realistic thing.

The Atlantis expedition can't just be about one team. It's a massive undertaking and, to be honest, as the heads of the military and science respectively, I'm not sure why Shep and Rodney are heading half of the missions they do as it is since contact was re-established with Earth and they got more personnel. For me, Atlantis is more about the whole group, not the 'team'.

reddevil18
February 15th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Sorry I disagree. THis will make it a clone of SG-1.

nx01a isn't suggesting that John be put in stasis or anything on SGA be done like SG-1, he's just asking how the team would react if that were to happen. And I agree - it wouldn't be anywhere near as emotional or as "real" as SG-1, because the team dynamic isn't there. They're not the family SG-1 was. The truth is that the SG-1 characters had better chemistry as a whole, as opposed to SGA's separate dynamics - John with Ronon, John with McKay, Ronon with Teyla. What I want is a more unified group. True, there's still time, but, again, comparing to SG-1, it's way behind. I don't think anyone wants this to be a clone of SG-1, but I believe we should all hope that the great qualities of SG-1 will one day be found in SGA as well. In this case, the great relationship within the team.

Mitchell82
February 15th, 2008, 03:54 PM
nx01a isn't suggesting that John be put in stasis or anything on SGA be done like SG-1, he's just asking how the team would react if that were to happen. And I agree - it wouldn't be anywhere near as emotional or as "real" as SG-1, because the team dynamic isn't there. They're not the family SG-1 was. The truth is that the SG-1 characters had better chemistry as a whole, as opposed to SGA's separate dynamics - John with Ronon, John with McKay, Ronon with Teyla. What I want is a more unified group. True, there's still time, but, again, comparing to SG-1, it's way behind. I don't think anyone wants this to be a clone of SG-1, but I believe we should all hope that the great qualities of SG-1 will one day be found in SGA as well. In this case, the great relationship within the team.
Ah well I do disagree that the family dynamic isn't there.

reddevil18
February 15th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Ah well I do disagree that the family dynamic isn't there.

And I disagree with that.:p But seriously now, I haven't missed Teyla at all these past episodes. Meanwhile, Ronon with Shep is a great combination, as is Shep with McKay. But that's it. The feeling of "family" just isn't there, IMO.:( Hopefully, it will be in the future. :)

Jumper_One
February 15th, 2008, 04:01 PM
And I disagree with that.:p But seriously now, I haven't missed Teyla at all these past episodes. Meanwhile, Ronon with Shep is a great combination, as is Shep with McKay. But that's it. The feeling of "family" just isn't there, IMO.:( Hopefully, it will be in the future. :)

sure once Woolsey takes over they'll be a big happy family :P

reddevil18
February 15th, 2008, 04:04 PM
sure once Woolsey takes over they'll be a big happy family :P
Hey, united in their hatred...:lol: Whatever works, you know...:D

Jumper_One
February 15th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Hey, united in their hatred...:lol: Whatever works, you know...:D

:P yeah :lol:

nx01a
February 15th, 2008, 04:07 PM
We saw the family dynamic after the losses of Weir, Carson and Ford. They were cared for, Carson and Weir especially. I get more of a close friends vibe from our Atlantis peeps. Rodney/Shep is a given. Rodney/Ronon have fun interactions. Ronon/Teyla sure. Shep/Teyla sure. Ronon/Shep. Sure. But Teyla/Rodney? I'm unsure about that one.
As for the other characters, Keller and Woolsey aren't even in the potential family equation, and Zelenka and Lorne are secondary friends.

Gaeth
February 15th, 2008, 10:33 PM

Yeah they can have Don Cheadle quest star in that episode, I wonder how that would go over with the IOA. Seriously, that guy was sacrificing his life because he was responsible for Ms. Miller's (until then) imminent death.

xenomorph1211
February 15th, 2008, 10:51 PM
I'd like to see more 304 Asgard beam weapons pawnage, maybe against the Wraith.

Following is an Ark of Truth spoiler, DO NOT click if you do not wish to know AoT plot details.
Also now that the Ori are finally dead in The Ark of Truth, I'd like the see the former followers of the Ori give us some of their ships, and Ori ships go up against Wriath hive ships, and Auroa class warships. I just want to see more SPACE BATTLES to top Be All My Sins Remember'd

nx01a
February 15th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Yeah they can have Don Cheadle quest star in that episode, I wonder how that would go over with the IOA. Seriously, that guy was sacrificing his life because he was responsible for Ms. Miller's (until then) imminent death.
He'd never have had the chance to do so if Shep hadn't let an unstable man 'choose' to have himself Wraithed. Sadly, IMO, it was the right call and fulfilled all the viewers' deepseated need for retributive justice against the guy, but it was still a highly disturbing and morally ambiguous thing for Shep to do. That's one hell of a mind frell Shep did on the guy. Nicely done, too, I must add. Better that poor sod than his BFF Rodney, eh?

Blencathra
February 16th, 2008, 02:58 AM
My wish list:

More exploration of the city
More torturing of Rodney (pref Rodders alone up against some wraith)
More about other runners
Get rid of Tayla's baby

:)

cabouse18
February 16th, 2008, 07:57 AM
I would like to see more of the city too...I mean the place is huge there is sooo much more of it that they haven't explored and who knows what it might hold ;)

Yeah, the kid, not b/c he is a kid, has to go....it has no place on this show. I personally think they never should have wrote the pregnancy into the show....hell it would have been more plausible for her to have disappeared with her people or they could have had her split ties with Atlantis to search for her people and then they find her in Search and Rescue.

We practically don't get any Teyla now as it is....so what would have been the difference?

That is another thing I want, more kick ass Teyla!!

-Major Woody
February 16th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Lucius Lavin gets Urgo implanted in his brain.

Mitchell82
February 16th, 2008, 12:17 PM

To each his/her own.

reddevil18
February 16th, 2008, 12:30 PM
To each his/her own.:indeed:

Platschu
February 16th, 2008, 12:32 PM
I mentioned earlier, but I will repeat here, that I would like to see a Teyla-Vala cross-over episode. :D

Fenrir Foxz
February 16th, 2008, 12:50 PM
I mentioned earlier, but I will repeat here, that I would like to see a Teyla-Vala cross-over episode. :D

Any preference on how the cross-over happens? What takes place? :P

*Obviously a fight scene is out of the question... or is it?*

cabouse18
February 16th, 2008, 12:59 PM

I could see Vala getting the two of them into trouble and Vala using seduction/sexual advances to help them get out while Teyla just kicks ass. It would definately portray their two very different personalities....I could also picture Teyla constantly reminding Vala that it is her fault they are in the mess and Vala just being like "what?" ;)

The_Carpenter
February 16th, 2008, 01:06 PM

lol, I have a image of Vala stowing aboard the Deadalus and Daniel going nuts because she's run off. Will never happen unfortunately.

Fenrir Foxz
February 16th, 2008, 01:08 PM
lol, I have a image of Vala stowing aboard the Deadalus and Daniel going nuts because she's run off. Will never happen unfortunately.

LoL... Daniel finally gets his wish to go to Atlantis and Vala stows away :D That would be funny... I could see Daniel getting really P*ss*d at her for it and all the problems she could cause :D

Mitchell82
February 16th, 2008, 03:12 PM
LoL... Daniel finally gets his wish to go to Atlantis and Vala stows away :D That would be funny... I could see Daniel getting really P*ss*d at her for it and all the problems she could cause :D

I can see it now. That will be sweet.

nx01a
February 16th, 2008, 03:46 PM
With Daniel there, I'd love a Vala appearance.

Vala vs. a Wraith Queen. Hmm...

anima
February 17th, 2008, 10:15 AM
With Daniel there, I'd love a Vala appearance.

Vala vs. a Wraith Queen. Hmm...

Given how Vala acts a queen would probably kill her rather quickly.

Mitchell82
February 17th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Given how Vala acts a queen would probably kill her rather quickly.

Nah Vala will pwn a wraith queen.

Dreamer1221
February 18th, 2008, 02:34 AM
Personally i would love it if Teal'c joined Atlantis. Teal'c, Ronan, Shepard and Mckay could do some serious ass kicking in my opinion.

I guess that after 10seasons of SG-1 Teal'c has become one of my favorite characters.

Hope he at least has more appearances in season 5 if he doesn't get in the main team :)

Just something i would like to happen ^^.

reddevil18
February 18th, 2008, 03:34 AM
Personally i would love it if Teal'c joined Atlantis. Teal'c, Ronan, Shepard and Mckay could do some serious ass kicking in my opinion.

I guess that after 10seasons of SG-1 Teal'c has become one of my favorite characters.

Hope he at least has more appearances in season 5 if he doesn't get in the main team :)

Just something i would like to happen ^^.

Well, considering that Daniel will be guest starring in a few eps in season 5, bringing Teal'c over would definately have everyone going "THIS IS NOT SG-1!!!!" :P
But I gotta admit, seeing Teal'c again, especially with Sam...Brings a tear to my eyes:( Damn, I miss SG-1.

Cory Holmes
February 18th, 2008, 04:20 AM
My deepest, darkest Season 5 desire is for a McKay/Weir tango set in the city while the two characters are cast in silhouette by the setting sun backlighting them as the move across the floor...

Alex Carter
February 18th, 2008, 05:41 AM
I would love to see the whole SG1-team in Atlantis again, not just one of them

thekillman
February 19th, 2008, 10:12 AM
lol it would be nice to have midway like pairs. shepp and mitch, carter and mckay. tealc and ronon. daniel and teyla. boy the last pair will have some quarreling. danield is concerned, and then teyla sends him flying. and then daniel shows hes not an average nerd. and tealc/ronon have a wraith-killing match with shepp and mitch :D

jenks
February 19th, 2008, 10:15 AM
We'll probably be getting some good McKay & Daniel scenes next season :)

Koochielala
February 19th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Don't kill me please:

I think Kavanagh should be brought back to Atlantis and have more air-time, it would be funny, lol.

ciannwn
February 20th, 2008, 02:27 AM
Another dark desire.

The main characters get captured by some bad guys. They are rescued by a group of Atlantis marines who manage to kill all the bad guys without the aid of Sheppard, Teyla and Ronon with his magic gun. :D

Mitchell82
February 20th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Don't kill me please:

I think Kavanagh should be brought back to Atlantis and have more air-time, it would be funny, lol.
Not going to kill you everyone has a right to their opinion I just disagree.;)

GoSpikey
February 20th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Not going to kill you everyone has a right to their opinion I just disagree.;)

He's only entertaining when fainting. Otherwise he's just ded annoying :D

Mitchell82
February 20th, 2008, 10:13 AM

Agreed.

Jumper_One
February 20th, 2008, 10:45 AM

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SGA/417%20Midway/Midway6.png
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SGA/417%20Midway/Midway7.png
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SGA/417%20Midway/Midway8.png

Mitchell82
February 20th, 2008, 10:51 AM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SGA/417%20Midway/Midway6.png
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SGA/417%20Midway/Midway7.png
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SGA/417%20Midway/Midway8.png

Lol such a great scene.

GoSpikey
February 20th, 2008, 11:52 AM
LOL. One of my deepest darkest S5 wishes is for Sheppard to confess to Teyla that he thinks of her as a sister. :)

And then say that he's into incest...

ykickamoocow
February 20th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I would like to see McKay get a military rank. In Star Trek doctors and even Counselor got a rank of Commander (which is a rather high rank) even though neither went to the academy. McKay should have a rank (probably Captain) because as it is at the moment he can be ordered around by any military officer and that just doesnt seem right.

Jumper_One
February 20th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I would like to see McKay get a military rank. In Star Trek doctors and even Counselor got a rank of Commander (which is a rather high rank) even though neither went to the academy. McKay should have a rank (probably Captain) because as it is at the moment he can be ordered around by any military officer and that just doesnt seem right.

well what do you expect? he's a civilian... and this isn't ST ;)

GoSpikey
February 20th, 2008, 04:05 PM

See? There it is! :lol:

Almost cried over that one! :o

(Cos I soooo knew it was going to happen when I heard he was there.)

PJO3434
February 21st, 2008, 03:06 PM
I would like to see two things.

1 - I would like to preprogrammed message to appear from the Asgard on the Odyssey giving a gate address in Ida where the Asgard hid all their ships and other technology before blowing up their planet. We never did see the planet in "Unending" and their ships being somewhere else would explain why they did not help fight the Ori ships before blowing up their planet.

2 - With all the additional ships, I would like to see a massive war against the Wraith. Perhaps one or two episodes could be dedicated to the war and progress reports could appear in the rest (must like progress between the Replicators and Wraith was tracked during season four).

I know none of this is likely, but I miss the Asgard (all of my favorite episodes were Asgard episodes), and if the Asgard have to be gone, I would at least like to see their ships again.

GoSpikey
February 21st, 2008, 03:34 PM
I would like to see two things.

1 - I would like to preprogrammed message to appear from the Asgard on the Odyssey giving a gate address in Ida where the Asgard hid all their ships and other technology before blowing up their planet. We never did see the planet in "Unending" and their ships being somewhere else would explain why they did not help fight the Ori ships before blowing up their planet.

2 - With all the additional ships, I would like to see a massive war against the Wraith. Perhaps one or two episodes could be dedicated to the war and progress reports could appear in the rest (must like progress between the Replicators and Wraith was tracked during season four).

I know none of this is likely, but I miss the Asgard (all of my favorite episodes were Asgard episodes), and if the Asgard have to be gone, I would at least like to see their ships again.

I too found it strange they didn't get ships, but maybe they wouldn't have fit into them? The Asgard are pretty small. (Can't remember what they looked like inside, cos it's nap time over here.)

Such a sad ep.

cabouse18
February 21st, 2008, 03:40 PM
I am probably going to get shot down, slapped, redded and all sorts of things for this but what the hell, I mean this thread is about "your deepest desires" for the S5 right?

I want to see John and Teyla kiss...ya know one that isn't drug or bug induced. Chemistry is there....has been since the first ep....just get it on already :D

GoSpikey
February 21st, 2008, 03:42 PM
I am probably going to get shot down, slapped, redded and all sorts of things for this but what the hell, I mean this thread is about "your deepest desires" for the S5 right?

I want to see John and Teyla kiss...ya know one that isn't drug or bug induced. Chemistry is there....has been since the first ep....just get it on already :D

Well, you get part your wish, when you see Michael and Teyla do so tomorrow, or the week after... ;) Mark my words... :P

:o

(j/k)

jelgate
February 21st, 2008, 04:50 PM

*slaps cabouse18 many many many times*

Spoken like a true shipper:P

rarocks24
February 21st, 2008, 04:54 PM
Wraith/Human ship.

And not one of the stupid masked brainless Wraith, but a smart, intellectual, cunning Wraith. The human has to be a follower, someone so devout to the Wraith cause, and yet separate from the other followers, as if she doesn't know that such a relationship is...forbidden?

She also has to be in the beginning stages of pregnancy. Throw the Genii in there somewhere.

Helluva a good episode right there. With the potential for sequels. ;)

Gaeth
February 21st, 2008, 05:04 PM
Wraith/Human ship.

And not one of the stupid masked brainless Wraith, but a smart, intellectual, cunning Wraith. The human has to be a follower, someone so devout to the Wraith cause, and yet separate from the other followers, as if she doesn't know that such a relationship is...forbidden?

She also has to be in the beginning stages of pregnancy. Throw the Genii in there somewhere.

Helluva a good episode right there. With the potential for sequels. ;)

That would be cool, some woman that's taken a Wraith lover. Maybe the Wraith could be outcast from other Wraith because of his relationship with this woman. As an outcast, he gets victims because she lures them to him and he gives her eternal youth. Kind of a Dracula or Elizabeth Bathory sorta thing.

cabouse18
February 21st, 2008, 05:10 PM
*slaps cabouse18 many many many times*

Spoken like a true shipper:P

Basically:D But there are many other things I would like to see....ones that are probably more realistic.

Exploring the city
More Team oriented eps
Leanring more about the Wraith

jelgate
February 21st, 2008, 06:06 PM
Basically:D But there are many other things I would like to see....ones that are probably more realistic.

Exploring the city
More Team oriented eps
Leanring more about the Wraith

I agree but is should be a gradual process. We should learn more a little but each season, so if SGA x amount of season their is still more to learn

cabouse18
February 21st, 2008, 06:51 PM
I agree but is should be a gradual process. We should learn more a little but each season, so if SGA x amount of season their is still more to learn

Oh oviously, you don't want everything revealed in one season....there would be nothing left to tell!! But I definately want to see more of the city this season b/c they made it sooo damn big that there has to got to be more to it than just the areas they are in.

Gave you GREEN for the slaps.....I have good sense of humor about stuff like that;)

Anlaria Onyx
February 22nd, 2008, 08:30 AM
I want Ronon to NOT be in a canon ship!!!! :( And I want Keller with Rodney. :P

I would also like to see more Ellis. He is a great head-butting character for John and/or Rodney. :P

GoSpikey
February 22nd, 2008, 09:42 AM
That would be cool, some woman that's taken a Wraith lover. Maybe the Wraith could be outcast from other Wraith because of his relationship with this woman. As an outcast, he gets victims because she lures them to him and he gives her eternal youth. Kind of a Dracula or Elizabeth Bathory sorta thing.

I like that! :D

And you could call the Wraith Michael, and the woman Teyla. That would work...

:mckay:

cabouse18
February 22nd, 2008, 09:54 AM

Says you :p

GoSpikey
February 22nd, 2008, 11:32 AM
Says you :p

Yes, I do. :D

Although, after watching Michael's pic... (That had better be his bad side).

M/T could have been so beautiful... But what do those male writers know about twoo wuff?

Gaeth
February 22nd, 2008, 11:51 AM

Thanks, it was rarocks24 idea originally. You could do it with Teyla and Michael, but the romance would be one sided, kind of a 'Phantom of the Hive Ship' thing.

With the other way (two new characters in love) they'd be like Bonnie and Clyde, reoccurring villains.

Do you suppose any of the ideas written here will ever get noticed by the people that make the show. I know Mr. M has read gateworld forum occasionally, as I've seen links to it posted in his blog.

GoSpikey
February 22nd, 2008, 12:40 PM
Thanks, it was rarocks24 idea originally. You could do it with Teyla and Michael, but the romance would be one sided, kind of a 'Phantom of the Hive Ship' thing.

With the other way (two new characters in love) they'd be like Bonnie and Clyde, reoccurring villains.

Do you suppose any of the ideas written here will ever get noticed by the people that make the show. I know Mr. M has read gateworld forum occasionally, as I've seen links to it posted in his blog.

Or you can make Teyla bump her head against something, and then Mikey can take over. :D

Pfft, they'll laugh at what we say. :D

nx01a
February 22nd, 2008, 03:52 PM
Teyla bumps her head, forgets who she is, falls in love with Michael only to regain her memory and use the retrovirus on him, making him forget who he is and fall in love with her but the retrovirus wears off and he remembers again and they become mortal enemies, until...

Stargate: As The Chappa'ai Turns

cabouse18
February 22nd, 2008, 04:43 PM
Teyla bumps her head, forgets who she is, falls in love with Michael only to regain her memory and use the retrovirus on him, making him forget who he is and fall in love with her but the retrovirus wears off and he remembers again and they become mortal enemies, until...

And These Are The Days Of Our Lives! or Beauty and the Half Beast :D

xSFx
February 23rd, 2008, 12:49 PM
Furlings, please :D

Crichiel
February 23rd, 2008, 06:27 PM
My deepest darkest season 5 desire came true the day they announced Daniel would come over to play! :cool:

nx01a
February 23rd, 2008, 10:08 PM
Just dying to get ascended in the comfort of your own home, aren't ya, Crichiel?

jelgate
February 24th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Just dying to get ascended in the comfort of your own home, aren't ya, Crichiel?

Crichel can't asscend. She isn't pure of heart and she definatly isn't evolved enough. :P

Mitchell82
February 24th, 2008, 11:39 AM

No no no that's just wrong.:mckay:;)

Col.Foley
February 24th, 2008, 11:05 PM
No no no that's just wrong.:mckay:;)yes that is just wrong.

Cory Holmes
February 24th, 2008, 11:07 PM

Hmm. Sounds like S8 and the whole Sam'n'Sir ship to me... :p

thekillman
February 24th, 2008, 11:53 PM
i want the x-699!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wizz_kid_sid
February 26th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Oo I got two desires..

I want to see the streets of atlantis for some strange reason, and also would love too see a Ha'Tak just randomly appearing in the Pegasus Galaxy.

TeacherGal
February 26th, 2008, 03:04 PM
My wish list:

More torturing of Rodney (pref Rodders alone up against some wraith)

:)

Oh I second that. I would to see Rodney have to stand up to the bad guys threats and whatever, alone, knowing that if he breaks he'll be responsible for the death of his friends.

My second desire is for Todd to be hungry, and they feed Keller to him just to get her to stop whining.

Gelasius
February 26th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Evil AU ronan goes 1v1 with Ronan, or Ronan gets infected with wraith DNA and becomes dark Ronan until he is cured.

Gelasius

BubblingOverWithIdeas
February 26th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Evil and/or brainwashed Sheppard. With some kind of kink.

For Ronon to be dark for multiple episodes after "Broken Ties". Seriously dark.

ykickamoocow
March 2nd, 2008, 09:23 PM
Apparently David Hewlett is very good at playing psychopaths. I would love in season 5 if McKay stumples across some sort of machine which removes all the good from his personality and he turns into a psychopathic serial killer.

thekillman
March 3rd, 2008, 05:56 AM
evil AU ronon vs ronon. sounds nice

or a new AU race. attacking us :D

suqata
March 3rd, 2008, 08:39 AM
Furlings!!!!!!!

BubblingOverWithIdeas
March 3rd, 2008, 10:21 AM
or a new AU race. attacking us :D

They could have an AU Atlantis shift into our universe, with an evil version of the expedition becoming the main enemy in an arc. It might be too much work for the actors, unless both versions of a character were only rarely in the same scene.

crowmagnumman
March 3rd, 2008, 10:44 AM
I want to see a Gou'ld system lord show up in the Pegasus galaxy. I love those system lords. They think they are gods. The wraith wouldn't stand a chance against them.

Oh yeah, and Ford. Ford needs to come back as a regular.

smushybird
March 3rd, 2008, 11:44 AM
So, no one likes my Graith idea? :( Prudes!

I love your graith idea. I'm all for it. :D
A gay human character wouldn't be such a bad idea either, but since producers live in terror of advertisers who live in terror of the right wing, it'll never happen.

I have loved season 4, so I don't have much of a wishlist for season 5.

I'm happy that Weir's gone, but I'd like to see Beckett come back full-time.
I like Keller well enough, but I like Beckett better.

I wish Carter could stay, but I can appreciate why she won't.

I don't want the show to add any new female characters unless they also add female writers. The male writers cannot, for the life of them, write women who aren't stereotypes--so give it up already.

Anyway, I have no problem with a primarily male cast. ;)

Other than that, more character development and team bonding is all I really want. Season 4 has provided a lot of that and I thank the writers for putting some real heart into the show.

And of course for giving us lots of Sheppard and McKay, the two main reasons I never miss an episode of Atlantis.

BubblingOverWithIdeas
March 3rd, 2008, 03:54 PM
A gay human character wouldn't be such a bad idea either, but since producers live in terror of advertisers who live in terror of the right wing, it'll never happen.

But that's a self-perpetuating situation. It takes examples of healthy gay relationships being shown on TV to help steer public opinion towards acceptance of healthy gay relationships. I thought we had moved towards a more tolerant media. At least, some shows have healthy gay relationships on them.

Can anyone think of any ScifiFantasy examples other than Jack and Ianto, Willow and Tara, and Willow and Kennedy?

Gaeth
March 3rd, 2008, 04:10 PM
Maybe somebody has mentioned this one already: I think McKay and Sheppard should meet a little green anthropomorphic alien that only the two of them can see. Also he floats around, grants wishes, and keeps calling them 'dumb dumb'.

Seriously though, I'd like to see more examples of Wraith super strength. For example smashing through walls with their bare fists, throwing people really far. Also more Wraith feeding, make it scary as possible. And I want to see another alien race, one that is completely alien and not anthropomorphic.

Someone should go through here and find a list of the most often requested serious items. Then they can make a poll and have it on the front of Gateworld and have people vote for which thing they desire most. Wouldn't that be cool?

crowmagnumman
March 3rd, 2008, 05:09 PM
Maybe somebody has mentioned this one already: I think McKay and Sheppard should meet a little green anthropomorphic alien that only the two of them can see. Also he floats around, grants wishes, and keeps calling them 'dumb dumb'.

Seriously though, I'd like to see more examples of Wraith super strength. For example smashing through walls with their bare fists, throwing people really far. Also more Wraith feeding, make it scary as possible. And I want to see another alien race, one that is completely alien and not anthropomorphic.

Someone should go through here and find a list of the most often requested serious items. Then they can make a poll and have it on the front of Gateworld and have people vote for which thing they desire most. Wouldn't that be cool?

Yeah, but then if it shows up on Atlantis then it'd be no surprise. I'd love for there to be more awesome aliens, even some that aren't humanoid, but it needs to be a complete surprise.

BubblingOverWithIdeas
March 3rd, 2008, 07:01 PM
I was thinking about "200" showing an otherwise unseen past escapade with O'Neill invisible. Imagine the enemies that an invisible Ronon could take down before they knew what was happening, or its use in espionage. It's a bit of a scifi staple, though.

Gaeth
March 3rd, 2008, 07:33 PM
Yeah, but then if it shows up on Atlantis then it'd be no surprise. I'd love for there to be more awesome aliens, even some that aren't humanoid, but it needs to be a complete surprise.

It doesn't have to be a surprise, plus it still actually would be a surprise as long as they didn't tell us it was going to happen.

arjumand
March 3rd, 2008, 11:15 PM
But that's a self-perpetuating situation. It takes examples of healthy gay relationships being shown on TV to help steer public opinion towards acceptance of healthy gay relationships. I thought we had moved towards a more tolerant media. At least, some shows have healthy gay relationships on them.

Can anyone think of any ScifiFantasy examples other than Jack and Ianto, Willow and Tara, and Willow and Kennedy?

That's an amazing coincidence, because I was just thinking of (and wishing for) a healthy gay relationship on SGA.

Actually, I have an example of how to do this without foregrounding it so much, if that's what the producers are afraid of.

Oh, and my example comes from Smallville, of all places!
In a recent episode, Jimmy has bought some concert tickets for himself and Chloe (they were still going out at this point, so early in the season), but Chloe's cancelled or something, so he needs to sell them.
Enter one of his co-workers, good-looking young man in office attire, who buys the tickets off Jimmy, saying "I'm scorin' big points with the boyfriend!", and we all stared in shock and glee! A normal gay man, who's not dying or persecuted or evil, but on Smallville? SMALLVILLE?! So, a show which sometimes reads like the Superman: the O.C. years, can have a normal gay couple, but SGA, ostensibly aimed at adults, can't.

And that makes me disappointed, and angry. All the show would need to do would be some low-level gateroom guy being all pissy one day, stabbing the buttons on the console angrily, snapping at Rodney or something, and Rodney doesn't snap back. Shep, surprised at Rodney's self-control, asks "What's up with him? Problems with the girlfriend?" Rodney answers: "Boyfriend.", Shep raises his eyebrows, Rodney shrugs, and, I don't know, there's an unauthorised offworld activation, bla bla bla, and scene! You never have to mention it again, if you don't want to. Or have one of the scientists involved in LGBT activities and putting something on a noticeboard or something.

It's that easy. Which makes me sad that it hasn't been done already. An episode like Sunday would have been perfect for that. But of course, the exploding tumours/who's stalking Elizabeth storyline was MUCH more important.

Desala
March 4th, 2008, 02:18 AM
A McKay and Teyla body swap episode :)

That would be freakin' awesome! High strung Beckett could switch with laid back Ronon or Shep, that'd be pretty fun to watch too.

Desala
March 4th, 2008, 02:20 AM
I know it's been three years, but, I'd really like to at least see Ford at least in an episode, alive and well. That's really all I ask.

ciannwn
March 4th, 2008, 05:32 AM
So, a show which sometimes reads like the Superman: the O.C. years, can have a normal gay couple, but SGA, ostensibly aimed at adults, can't.

There was a suggestion that gay couples exist in the Stargate universe in 'Sunday' -

SHEPPARD: ... are you datin’ anyone?

DEX: You mean like a woman?

SHEPPARD: Or a man. (He shrugs.)

EH-T
March 4th, 2008, 09:33 AM
:sam: and more :sam:

BubblingOverWithIdeas
March 4th, 2008, 09:43 AM
That would be freakin' awesome! High strung Beckett could switch with laid back Ronon or Shep, that'd be pretty fun to watch too.

Oh, that would be just as funny as the more obvious Rodney swap idea. Jason or Joe acting Beckett-y emotional (I only realize it now that it's been pointed out, but he is high-strung, isn't he?) in a Scottish accent = fun!

Mitchell82
March 4th, 2008, 02:56 PM

Agreed. I'd love that.

Jumper_One
March 4th, 2008, 04:19 PM
:sam: and more :sam:

:indeed: :D

Lt. Ford
March 4th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Here's what I'd like to see:

-More than 5 episodes with Beckett
-Return of Ford
-Very, very little of Woolsey
-A few episodes with Jack in it
-Monsters that Michael made originally

That's what I want to see anyways.

Mitchell82
March 4th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Here's what I'd like to see:

-More than 5 episodes with Beckett
That I'd love.

-Return of Ford
No offense but no. I can't stand him.

-Very, very little of Woolsey
He's grown on me so as of right now the 14 eps he'll be in is just right.

-A few episodes with Jack in it
I love Jack but no. Hiring RDA would slash around 1/4 of their budget meaning less really cool special effects.

-Monsters that Michael made originally

That's what I want to see anyways.
I wouldn't mind seeing the Alien/Predator hybrids again.

Pajus
March 7th, 2008, 12:14 AM
Sheppard being court-martialled and thrown into prison like the criminal he is

Jaffa Teal'c
March 7th, 2008, 12:38 AM
to find another city like anlantis but with an ancient who has a goa'uld in him with lots of jaffa