This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elizabeth Weir in Season 5

Now that we know that JM is looking to continue the Weir storyline in S5 and he has said that it will be on screen and with Torri, let's speculate as to what capacity she may be brought back.

Be aware of spoilers for season 5.
    Last edited by Suzotchka; 01 February 2008, 05:32 PM.

I hope it is more eps than this season. There is so much opportunity for this character! Let's hope for the best!

We do know there are plans to bring her back, so we off on the right foot.
    sigpic

Comment

I can see a really good story arc starting towards the back end of of the S5. In the beginning of S5 maybe midway through they can show a confrontation ... a old sleeper cell of Replicator's send a drone or something. That starts them talking about Weir again. With Shep going brooding. (my shipper heart go pitter patter). Then after the mid season 2 parter, they start the next episode w/ "previously on Atlantis ..." and we continue w/ her storyline.

We see Elizabeth contacting Atlantis again, a lot like TMC. Then we see them trying to figure out if it's the real Weir or what. Then her storyline continues. We end w/ Rodney with the help of Carson this time finally deactivating the nanite or figuring out a way to get Elizabeth clean of them. We see them end the season w/ Elizabeth getting sent back to Earth (called by the IOA). Confrontation ... angst, drama. And we start plotting for S6 and the full return of Weir.

I know lot's of crazy theories that can't be really connected. But I am speculating.
      sig made by me

Comment

WEIR'S ALIVE IN SEASON 5!

Here's what I'm hoping for. (I'm done trying to figure out what the hell TPTB are going to do. Not worth my time anymore).

ANYHOO - In MY Season 5.....
        She's the real Elizabeth Weir played by Torri Higginson.
        She's an ally.
        She gets to come home to Atlantis.
        There will be drama and angst getting her back, but it WILL happen and there will be a happy resolution for this character.
        She's in a hell of a lot more eps in Season 5 than she was in Season 4.
        sigpic
        Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
          WEIR'S ALIVE IN SEASON 5!

Here's what I'm hoping for. (I'm done trying to figure out what the hell TPTB are going to do. Not worth my time anymore).

ANYHOO - In MY Season 5.....
          She's the real Elizabeth Weir played by Torri Higginson.
          She's an ally.
          She gets to come home to Atlantis.
          There will be drama and angst getting her back, but it WILL happen and there will be a happy resolution for this character.
          She's in a hell of a lot more eps in Season 5 than she was in Season 4.
          In MY Season 5.....

She's the real Elizabeth Weir played by Torri Higginson. Definitely!!!

She's an ally. hopefully, if not returning to her old post as leader of Atlantis.

She gets to come home to Atlantis. See above note

There will be drama and angst getting her back, but it WILL happen and there will be a happy resolution for this character. we can hope, but personally i'm hoping for a lot of angst over her character and what happened to her, or what she did over the last few months.

She's in a hell of a lot more eps in Season 5 than she was in Season 4. definitely... the PTB really need to make it up to Torri for how they treated her.

M

Click on the image to go to my fanfics.

Comment

we'll be looking at a few eps in s5. shes not going to be in the 2parter, so that means shes probably not going to be involved in the main arc much. probably a few episode long arc that will centre around the remaining asurans.

which is good because thats the best use of the weir character. she now has her own arc and storyline which she never had before, but its one that is best dealt with in small doses. it will be better if she's not part of the atlantis crew anymore to make the arc interesting, which means they can't keep spending time on it unless they do something like making her a big bad guy (which actually might be kinda cool as well).

Comment

Originally posted by methosivanhoe View Post
              In MY Season 5.....

She's the real Elizabeth Weir played by Torri Higginson. Definitely!!!

She's an ally. hopefully, if not returning to her old post as leader of Atlantis.

She gets to come home to Atlantis. See above note

There will be drama and angst getting her back, but it WILL happen and there will be a happy resolution for this character. we can hope, but personally i'm hoping for a lot of angst over her character and what happened to her, or what she did over the last few months.

She's in a hell of a lot more eps in Season 5 than she was in Season 4. definitely... the PTB really need to make it up to Torri for how they treated her.

M
              I completely agree Good list

Comment

also to add to the list...

a lot of flashbacks with Weir in the hot leather outfit... sorry, back on track, a lot of flashbacks about what happened to Weir, what she was planning and what she did while she was repli-weir.

M

Click on the image to go to my fanfics.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                  we'll be looking at a few eps in s5. shes not going to be in the 2parter, so that means shes probably not going to be involved in the main arc much. probably a few episode long arc that will centre around the remaining asurans.

which is good because thats the best use of the weir character. she now has her own arc and storyline which she never had before, but its one that is best dealt with in small doses. it will be better if she's not part of the atlantis crew anymore to make the arc interesting, which means they can't keep spending time on it unless they do something like making her a big bad guy (which actually might be kinda cool as well).
                  I agree...especially given the scene in BAMSR
                  Spoiler:
                  where Liz was with a group of rebel Asurans.

Good or evil, I think this is the real Weir...and it looks to me like her path and future at least for the time being will be with them. I hope that one day she is able to return home...but even then, I seriously doubt that she would be a part of the expedition again. But at least she'd be able to see her mom and recover from an incredibly harrowing experience.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

All these "It's not realistic for her to return as leader" etc etc comments -- I have to say, it's fiction. Not just that, it's science fiction.

Beckett was killed. His body went through the gate. But he's coming back. Is that realistic? No. Half the members of SGA and SG1 have been inhabited by various alien entitites. Teyla has her connection to the Wraith. Is it realistic that they'd be trusted again? No, but they are.

There is just as much possibility storywise for Weir to be brought back, to be back to 'good', to be the leader, as there is of anything else happening on this show.

The possibilities all come down to what those in charge want, not what's 'realistic' to the viewers. Anything can be made to be realistic, anything can be explained away. This is scifi.

The fact that Mallozzi lets through snarky, *****y comments on his blog about various actors, though, gives me a good idea of what he thinks of them, and what he thinks of their character.

That, more than anything else, indicates who's coming, going, staying, 'in good' with TPTB.
                    Last edited by Chrysalis; 04 February 2008, 05:08 AM.

Comment

On the contrary, JM's blog has gotten a lot calmer since he decided to get stricter about what comments get approved and what don't (which happened once he switched venues). As for the Weir fans, heh, I suppose you see what you want to see, because as far as I'm concerned, he only targets the nutty ones, as with all fan factions (although that can be just me seeing what I want to see, I admit it).

And he also approves a lot of posts praising the various actors. What do you say to those?

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                        All these "It's not realistic for her to return as leader" etc etc comments -- I have to say, it's fiction. Not just that, it's science fiction.

Beckett was killed. His body went through the gate. But he's coming back. Is that realistic? No. Half the members of SGA and SG1 have been inhabited by various alien entitites. Teyla has her connection to the Wraith. Is it realistic that they'd be trusted again? No, but they are.

There is just as much possibility storywise for Weir to be brought back, to be back to 'good', to be the leader, as there is of anything else happening on this show.

The sticking point is what TPTB want, and I hate to say it, but JM seems to love provoking and snarking at Weir fans too much to want to bring her back for anything more than a couple of episodes. Which is his loss.

The possibilities all come down to what those in charge want, not what's 'realistic' to the viewers. Anything can be made to be realistic, anything can be explained away. This is scifi.

The fact that Mallozzi lets through snarky, *****y comments on his blog about various actors, though, gives me a good idea of what he thinks of them, and what he thinks of their character.

That, more than anything else, indicates who's coming, going, staying, 'in good' with TPTB.
                        Aye, aye. I totally agree.
                        sigpic
                        My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Snipped from JM's blog:

On the subject of Stargate Atlantis - a lot of you have commented and left questions about Amanda Tapping’s new project: Sanctuary. Were we surprised by the decision? How do we feel about said decision? How will this decision affect Atlantis? Well, we at Stargate have always supported our large, extended family - both on the set of our show and off. We realize that Amanda was faced with a very difficult decision and respect her desire to strike out on her own. A lot of the people involved in the Sanctuary project are Stargate alumni, and we sincerely wish them nothing but the best. As stated in the SciFi press release, Amanda will guest star on Atlantis’s fifth season - but the exact number of appearances by Colonel Carter will be wholly dependant on Amanda’s availability and the types of stories we have in the works. Still, Carter will be one of a number of familiar faces that will be popping up in the Pegasus Galaxy in season 5 - including a new commander. Remember way back, when I said we had considered a handful of possible candidates for the command position at the beginning of season 4? Well this person made that short list then, and we’re VERY excited about his/her/its(?) addition to our cast of regulars. As for who it is and what other little surprises we have in store…head on over to the SciFi site Monday morning and start refreshing.

Comment

You know I wish whoever this new person is would have been comander in s4 because that way maybe we would have gotten more Elizabeth angst.
                            sigpic
                            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

They should've just kept Weir in S4 and moved her storyline to S5 if they were going to do something like this. 3 commanders in 5 seasons? Come on.

Comment

Working...
                              X