Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Atlantis UK Premier (Terrestrial)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis UK Premier (Terrestrial)

As some of you may know, Sky one has bought all rights to stargate, i.e. pay tv and terrestrial(sp?). Turns out Sky One has sold the rights to Five, who will be showing atlantis in spring 2005, which will mean for non sky viewers, season 8 and atlantis will be out of sync.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Ooh, that really sucks. Lucky I've got Sky then! I don't know what I'd do without it
    "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Originally posted by Replicarter
      As some of you may know, Sky one has bought all rights to stargate, i.e. pay tv and terrestrial(sp?). Turns out Sky One has sold the rights to Five, who will be showing atlantis in spring 2005, which will mean for non sky viewers, season 8 and atlantis will be out of sync.

Five suck at sci-fi. they treat it bad. get ready to be recording Atlantis at 20 past 1 in the morning

Comment

That is so true! My little sister wanted to watch Xena but they stopped showing it after season 5 or 6 (can't remember which). She emailed them and give her some total rubbish. She was very angry. Thank God for DVDs at least now she can watch episodes she's missed.
        Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
        The Strongest Will Survive!
        I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Boy Id love to see Xena and Gabriel as Jaffa warriors...

Sy~
          A lady came up to me on the street and pointed to my sued jacket...
          "You know a cow was murdered for that jacket?" She sneered. I replied in a psychotic tone...
          "I diddnt know there were any witnesses. Now I'll have to kill you to!"

Sy~

Comment

Glad I've got Sky, Channel 5's treatment of sci-fi is terrible. Not quite as bad as Channel 4, though they've been OK showing SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Terok
              Glad I've got Sky, Channel 5's treatment of sci-fi is terrible. Not quite as bad as Channel 4, though they've been OK showing SG-1.
              True enough, but it's not just Sci-Fi shows they treat with contempt.

Channel 4 have the screening rights to a rather splendid New York based Police/Firefighters/Paramedics drama series called Third Watch.

Originally, Seasons 1 and 2 were broadcast at around 2am on a Friday night/Saturday morning. I didn't mind this - thank God for my video recorder - as the episodes were uncut.

Then, after a wait of almost three years, seasons 3 and 4 were broadcast at the ridiculous hour of 11am on a weekday morning - some of the edits for violence are really obvious, believe me - but to cap it all, at least four episodes of Season 3 remain unscreend because the deal directly with the aftermath of the 9/11 terror attacks in New York. Indeed, episode 1 of Season 3 is called "September Tenth"...

Why can't this fabulous show be shown at a more appropriate time instead of endless repeats of bloody Friends?

Right, I'm climbin' off my soapbox now. Thanks for your time...
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

At least you can see it! I'm in a part of the UK that can't recieve channel 5!! Aaarrrgghh! Sorry for that little outburst... I miss McKay... sniff...
                "Dad, what's the blowhole for?"
                "I'll tell you what it's not for, Son. Then you'll understand why I can never go back to SeaWorld." ~ Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

lol, shouting on your first post, tut tut, do you not have sky?

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

No, I do not have Sky. Just beginning to realise how bad this is. Channel 4 are fairly good, but 5 are appalling. Oh, well, i'll probably just have to buy the DVDs when they come out. Or get Sky. Hmm....
                    "Dad, what's the blowhole for?"
                    "I'll tell you what it's not for, Son. Then you'll understand why I can never go back to SeaWorld." ~ Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

GET SKY! Trust me, they have C4 licked!
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                      X