• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Outcast' (415) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON FOUR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 415

While on personal leave on Earth, Sheppard and Ronon learn that scientists have engineered a human-form Replicator -- who is now on the loose.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 01:07 AM.

Couple things I liked, all the insight into Sheppards background. He obviously came from an afluent family, I never expected that. His brother was a total *$&*$! I would never have mentioned him to anyone either.

How do you box someone in when they are next to a pier, thus the reason the replicator got away.

And was Ellis on vacation? There was liberal use of the Appollo's beam technology but zero view of the ships leader.

Since this ep seemed reminescent of Terminator,Dr. Lee's vat of lava reference was expected. Heh, Ava replicator saved their butts. They had me fooled though I was a bit skeptic about them letting her loose on earth, the virtual reality thing was downright clever.

Comment

BEAMING! Is the name of the game.

Comment

It was cool to see the development of Sheppard's background. I think we have pretty much seen everyone else's background except his. This episode just proves that you can't go anywhere with Ronon, cuz something always happens.

: Green is Good.
        sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
          It was cool to see the development of Sheppard's background. I think we have pretty much seen everyone else's background except his.
          and it's about time
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

The past two eps have seen the team a bit fractured. No Teyla either for obvious reasons. I do like the earth episodes, though they never have any interation with what is left of SG-1 at Stargate Command.

I know Midway will feature Teal'C but where is Vala Cam and Daniel? Ok they could be off world and yea the search team didn't spend much time at the SGA, but I guess I wouldn't mind seeing even a little reference to them.

Comment

Atlantis does earth based episodes alot better than SG1.

Does she know she is in a "Matrix"?

Comment

Who wrote this ep? I liked that the writer thought to give us a scene with Rodney showing his concern for John. Very nicely done. I was proud of Rodney.

I liked this whole episode. Season 4 continues to be excellent.

Was Sheppard's brother older or younger?
                Last edited by smushybird; 01 February 2008, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Wow, I was right it was Terminator 2.

Nice little background on Sheppard....for some reason I thought his Dad was military.

I dont know why little things catch my eye, but why was ronan wearing a watch. I mean I understand they should have him blend in more human like clothes but why would he bother with a watch. I liked his table manners at the wake.

Episode was wholey predictable, saw the "twist" coming a mile a way. Though I do guess I missed the reason for the male replicator and his subsequent flight. Also Bates didnt seem all that injured ...but then I guess if that old guy could so easily take him out maybe its best he not be in the military any longer.

Meh, not horrible, not great just meh....

EDIT: Oh I was pleasantly suprise with the compromise ending for the good guy terminat...replicator. They didnt scrw her over but didnt do something absurdly stupid either.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I liked this episode, better than the last. One of my favorite Earth-based Atlantis episodes by far, and it was great to see Bates again. I'll admit the story was incredibly predictable at some parts, but still enjoyable.
                    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Great episode!

Where does Ronan get his "earth digs?" lol he's always sporting something different. (even a rollex!)

Shep's background wasn't what I expected. His ex-wife was awesome though. Espescially when she was talkin sh*t to him.

And bringing Bates back was awesome.
                      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post

I dont know why little things catch my eye, but why was ronan wearing a watch. I mean I understand they should have him blend in more human like clothes but why would he bother with a watch. I liked his table manners at the wake.
                        lol guess I'm not the only one that caught it
                        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I liked the Sheppard background story a lot, too.
                          But it was a shame Rodney only got this little, little scene. The whole episode I have been waiting for the end, when we'd switch back to Atlantis and get another Rodney-scene to round it off, so I was disappointed when it never came. (Also: I was really disappointed that Rodney couldn't accompany them!) I don't care that we didn't see Teyla for 2 episodes (though I like her, too), but I missed Rodney sincerely.

Comment

Good episode, better from the last 2! I liked how they beamed him up and let him fall into the Earth's atmosphere, that was unexpected. I loved the twist with Ava being a replicator, nice surprise there. When Dr. Lee's computer went out when he was scanning I figured something was going on with that. So Ava was not bad she was just a replicator built on human emotions.

It was good to get some back info on Sheppard and see where he came from. The ending was nicely done with him returning to see his brother. So overall, a B+ episode. Good action, nice drama, suspense, mystery, and a cool plot twist with an unexpected ending.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
                              Atlantis does earth based episodes alot better than SG1.

Does she know she is in a "Matrix"?
                              I don't think she does.

Comment

Working...
                              X