Rodney Tripped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rodney Tripped?

WHY did he say he tripped? To me it looked like he protected her on purpose. Also Rodney is not modest

maybe because Rodney didn't want her to know that he cares about her (not too much though )
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Because he did trip.

Comment

After playing it over and over, I still think McKay trips, taking Harmony down with him. The fall looks uncontrolled. He basically slams into her belly first, foot out behind like he tripped. He looks surprised. He loses his grip on his gun, and scrabbles over the top of her to retrieve it.
        It seems like a controlled save would be more hunched over.

McKay says he tripped and he sounds like he means it.
        McKAY: Oh, no. No-no-no. I just – I tripped and fell on top of you. It was an accident.

Once he recovered, he did send Harmony ahead of him to cover. That was brave.

If McKay had saved her on purpose he would have taken credit for it.
        Even for saving her.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't know. I think he didn't want her to know that he "doesn't not not like her". I think in the heat of the moment, instinct kicked in with the guns firing and he save a little girl from getting shot.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
            I don't know. I think he didn't want her to know that he "doesn't not not like her". I think in the heat of the moment, instinct kicked in with the guns firing and he save a little girl from getting shot.
            I don’t think either Sheppard or McKay ever warmed up to the kid.
            I liked that the writers went against the usual kid story ending and didn’t have them start to like her or make her ever became likable. No sentimentality.

Just before McKay fell on her, Harmony had disobeyed two explicit instructions from Sheppard to stay put and cover her ears. She ran out from cover in full voice, drawing Genii fire.
            What’s not to like?
            But McKay would have tried to make her go back to cover with him.

More likely, she would have continued to the pedestal device to summon the beast to smite all the Genii; not that she would have known how to control the drones or lived long enough to get the job done.
            So, McKay saved her, even if he did it by tripping.

I do think McKay might have started to like her, but not until after he saw the painting.
            sigpic

Comment

He didn't trip, look at his face just before it happened, he dived straight for her.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                Because he did trip.
                No he jumped on her to protect her.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I believe someone asked JM on his blog about this, and I don't think he gave an answer. Maybe this is supposed to be left up to the viewer's interpretation. It would make the painting funnier if Rodney had tripped, but I also think he's "heroic" enough to have done it on purpose.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                    I believe someone asked JM on his blog about this, and I don't think he gave an answer. Maybe this is supposed to be left up to the viewer's interpretation. It would make the painting funnier if Rodney had tripped, but I also think he's "heroic" enough to have done it on purpose.
                    I think it works better that way, yeah.
                    It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                    --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

i think he did trip if u watch it back he fall and tries to grab his gun which the girl is in the way off
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                        i think he did trip if u watch it back he fall and tries to grab his gun which the girl is in the way off
                        If you trip don't you stick your hands out in front of you to break the fall. Arm was sticking out as if to grab the girl
                        Last edited by Hypochondriac; 01 February 2008, 06:30 AM.

Comment

IMO i think he dived over her.

Comment

i recon he didnt trip he said what he did because she was becoming the queen and she could of said anything about giving him a punishment.

Comment

For all his personality flaws, McKay has developed a bit of a "do the right thing" heroic streak in him.

The dude was protecting the kid, no question, but he knew that she'd interpret it as some sort of "pledge of his eternal 'liking you' " and she'd expect him to stay and be her king. Plus, I think he's afraid to let anyone from SGA see that he's changed since coming to the Atlantis.

Of course when the painting came out...the "Pegusus galaxy" sized ego took over and he had to rib Sheppard about this "alternative" version of history.

That was pretty funny, almost beats fishing in a pond with no fish.

Comment

Working...
                              X