This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate: ark of truth UK release date

According to play.com the ark of truth has a release date of 14/4/08 what happened to the world wide release date i will still get the DVD but i am sure that there will be lots of people watching pirated version if the film comes this late after the US edition
    http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/35957...searchsource=0
    Of course this has not been confirmed but if it is true its a bad move
    Last edited by Promethius30; 29 January 2008, 10:43 AM.
    sigpic
    Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
    Metal gear fan

You're assuming people aren't already watching a pirated version?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
      You're assuming people aren't already watching a pirated version?
      Good point
      if you look there is already 3 reviews of the film on the play page from people that must have watched pirated but this still wont help the dvd sales in the uk
      sigpic
      Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
      Metal gear fan

Comment

Guys & Girls,

If you want a copy when the Americans get it use www.playusa.com.

Its region 1 but you'll get it same time as USA. DON'T USE PIRATED COPIES WAIT TILL THE DVD COMES OUT!

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
          According to play.com the ark of truth has a release date of 14/4/08 what happened to the world wide release date i will still get the DVD but i am sure that there will be lots of people watching pirated version if the film comes this late after the US edition
          you can't wait a month without pirating it?? as a person that doesnt have Sky, i have to wait for Stargatre DVDs to come out before i can watch the show, thats about a year after it's aired
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
            you can't wait a month without pirating it?? as a person that doesnt have Sky, i have to wait for Stargatre DVDs to come out before i can watch the show, thats about a year after it's aired
            well I can wait a month but i am sure there is people that cant
            sigpic
            Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
              That's your own fault, if you're intent on buying the DVD's then what's the harm in downloading the episodes to watch first?

Comment

Originally posted by Ebeneezer_Goode View Post
                That's your own fault, if you're intent on buying the DVD's then what's the harm in downloading the episodes to watch first?
                Ay... that's a can of worms.

Simply? Because you can not guarantee that everyone will. It HAS to be all or nothing. If you could confirm that everyone who downloaded would buy, then it wouldn't be an issue, for the same reason, it's legal to download if you already own. However you cannot confirm this, so some people will be screwing the company. But you cannot say it's ok for some but not for others, it HAS to be illegal for all.

Although with television it is most certainly a weaker case. What's the difference between me downloading something or watching it on TV? Little. I will be honest, I have downloaded a program from the net that I usually watched on TV because I missed the episode one week. Is that criminal? Unfortunatly so. Understandable? Maybe.

However downloading something NOT being aired publically such as this movie, is much more clear cut.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I was talking to AvatarIII, it wasn't a general 'you', I was talking to him/her.

Comment

Originally posted by Ebeneezer_Goode View Post
                    I was talking to AvatarIII, it wasn't a general 'you', I was talking to him/her.
                    *blinks*

Beg your pardon, didn't realise this was a closed discussion.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

It isn't, I just though it was blatantly obvious that I wasn't suggesting everyone should download it, I was talking to AvatarIII because he is intent on buying the DVD's anyway.

Ebeneezer_Goode

Comment

Indeed, I am fully going to download the DVDrip when its released and I will still buy the DVD. I just find it absolutely pathetic that the Americans get everything first and I do feel as though its unfair, especially as they stated they were aiming for a global release date.

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
                          Yikes that's awfully late, guess I may buy it from amazon.com. Like Lokolo, I think it's unfair that North Americans gets stuff before us Europeans especially the British! I thought UK and the US were allies?!?! Har har, I kid on the latter statement.

Comment

Personally I download practically all my shows. I'm in uni and have no tv. I can't watch things on tv regardless so does it really matter if i download? If i don't i won't see it and i won't go towards the ratings of the show, if i do then i do get to see it and i still don't go towards the ratings. and with something like AOT i still intend to buy the dvd anyway.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
                              Yikes that's awfully late, guess I may buy it from amazon.com. Like Lokolo, I think it's unfair that North Americans gets stuff before us Europeans especially the British! I thought UK and the US were allies?!?! Har har, I kid on the latter statement.
                              Its only like 4 weeks...its not like we're waiting 4 months

Comment

Working...
                              X