Rodney and the stolen MRI.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rodney and the stolen MRI.

Why did John believe Harmony over Rodney about something like theft of an MRI?

Aren't they friends? Aren't they supposed to know and trust each other? John seemed to actually wise up about how immature Harmony was towards the end, but at the beginning, he seemingly took her word for it.

Or was that just him trying to get a rise out of Rodney?

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post

Aren't they friends? Aren't they supposed to know and trust each other? John seemed to actually wise up about how immature Harmony was towards the end, but at the beginning, he seemingly took her word for it.

Oh sorry, but I was laughing so hard because you wrote stolen MRI. It's MRE. MRI is a massively large magnetic resonance imaging scanning machine

I think Sheppard was just cowtowing to the princess so he wouldn't end up having to duct tape her mouth before they got to the temple, castle, whatever

Comment

It was a diplomatic maneuver. John wasn't going to take the Queen of his trading partner to task over a Powerbar, so he acted like he bought the story and everyone moved on except Rodney- who never calms down anyway.

Kind of a good judgment call.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        Oh sorry, but I was laughing so hard because you wrote stolen MRI. It's MRE. MRI is a massively large magnetic resonance imaging scanning machine
        Me laughin' 'cause it was a power bar.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blue-skyz View Post
          I never thought that Sheppard believed Harmony over McKay. What is he going to do? Every parent learns that you have to pick your fights. I would imagine that that is true of leaders, as well. Just because he teases McKay and lets the kid hug him doesn’t mean he believes her. It wasn’t worth pursuing.
          I love the line: It’s okay sweety, sometimes he makes me cry too.
          That’s pure McKay bait.
          Originally posted by blue-skyz View Post
          I still don’t buy that Sheppard would take the kid’s word over McKay’s. If McKay had eaten it, he would have just said something like ‘you snooze, you loose,’ and looked like he had just swallowed a canary. He wouldn’t have blamed the kid. Sheppard didn’t have any reasonable options under the circumstances, except try to keep the peace and keep moving. I think Sheppard’s expressions during the hug and the line ‘It’s okay sweety, sometimes he makes me cry too,’ tell a tale of how ridiculous he finds the situation. He seems to be both needling McKay and enduring a distasteful hug.
          Lazy me. Quoted from the general thread.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post

Exactly. That's why he believed her.

Comment

Originally posted by Ebeneezer_Goode View Post
              Yeah. Rodney + food = a love story!
              I can totally see Rodney trying to steal a power bar (even John's), however I was disappointed to see him take the wrapper from Harmony... how stupid of him!! I wonder where he left his genius brain...

Comment

rodney is always stuffing his face with food,so it's easy to see why john would think it was him plus he also had the rapper in his hand.
                When the rich wage war,it's the poor who die.

Comment

I too got the impression that John knew what had happened (after briefly considering the possibility that McKay had swiped his bar), but he wanted to:

a) tease Rodney,
                  b) keep the kidlet's mouth shut.

And he accomplished both quite nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post

I think Sheppard was just cowtowing to the princess so he wouldn't end up having to duct tape her mouth before they got to the temple, castle, whatever
                    Not to mention I don't think an MRI would taste good.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ebeneezer_Goode View Post
                      Rodney did steal Rhonins painting, ROFL. THEIF!

Comment

I think it was pretty clear latter in the episode that John was just as annoyed with the girl as McKay was, but was just better at pretending not to be.

This is especially shown in the scene where McKay wants to just stun her, and Joh carefully considers this as an option!

Also in the scene where he told her emphatically and repeatedly that they were going back to the town... and was getting more and more frusterated to the point of losing his facade that he had built.

Comment

I think Shep believed Rodney but didn't want to rock any boats.
                          Wasn't she still chewing away when Shep came back

Daft question I know. but what does MRE stand for Military? Ration? E......?
                          Enjoy?
                          Eat?
                          Ewwwww?
                          I think I'll stick with Power Bar. Any one ever tasted one?

Comment

Originally posted by Keller02 View Post
                            rodney is always stuffing his face with food,so it's easy to see why john would think it was him plus he also had the rapper in his hand.
                            Which rapper? MM? Fifty Cent? Sorry, but this thread is full of wonderful mistakes. You meant wrapper

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            Not to mention I don't think an MRI would taste good.
                            Might pull the fillings out of your teeth!

Originally posted by Emme View Post

Enjoy?
                            Eat?
                            Ewwwww?
                            Yes. The chewy block ones will rip the fillings out of your teeth and meh, if you're starving, fine. The fatter ones, like chocolate toffee chip, are pretty good.

MRE are Meals Ready to Eat. PowerBars are much easier to tote around.

Comment

Originally posted by Emme View Post

Enjoy?
                              Eat?
                              Ewwwww?
                              Meal Ready to Eat.

They taste like cardboard. Or maybe I was just eating the wrong part... it was difficult to tell.
                              LLAP

Comment

Working...
                              X