Farscape released on iTunes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farscape released on iTunes!

The Jim Henson Company is making Farscape available for download on iTunes today. There are no episodes up yet, but I'd say there will be soon and I assume you'll be able to download it for $1.99 per episode. This is great news for anyone having trouble getting their hands on season 1 for a reasonable price.

The Jim Henson Company today announced that the Company's TV programming and feature film library will be available for purchase and download on the iTunes Store (www.itunes.com) beginning today, January 28th, 2008.

The launch will begin with episodes from the first seasons of the critically acclaimed award-winning sci-fi series FARSCAPE and the endearing favorite FRAGGLE ROCK.

The Jim Henson Company has partnered with New Video, a leading digital aggregator of independent video content, to bring these highly sought after programs to the iTunes Store.

Through this new partnership between New Video and the Jim Henson Company, both the FRAGGLE ROCK and the FARSCAPE series will be available in their entirety in the coming months.
    Press release
    Last edited by Jades; 28 January 2008, 09:51 PM.

Banner by angelfire east

That's great news.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Fantastic news ... just one really dumb question, and I'll show my age, and illiterate computer genes at the same time ...

Do I have to have an iPOD to download these? Can I download to my computer and save them on the hard drive (or later to a CD)? This is how I listen to the Scapecast ... I download each episode on my hard drive, and just wonder if this works the same way.

I have never had a desire to buy an iPOD, just not my thing, I guess.

Maybe I should join computer challenged anonymous ...

Comment

MFA - you do not have to have an iPod to download them. You will no doubt have to join iTunes and possibly download Quicktime or whatever media player iTunes promotes. You'll have to pay for the eps check http://www.itunes.com for pricing on that. You should then be able to download the eps without any problems, hopefully.
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks SunKrux!!

I went looking and found a website so am in the process of downloading iTunes.

Hopefully I can save these to a CD (for personal use, of course). I don't want to fill up my hard drive ... And I'm sure it's like a DVD player where YOUR DVD player will play the recorded DVD's.

At the very least, maybe I can watch those episodes that it looks like I'd never get to see otherwise (final 10 mins of the S1 finale, Unrealized Realities, Kansas, and Terra Firma).

Hmmm ... now to come up with a reason to convince the hubby to spend $$ downloading episodes ... cheaper than Amazon, maybe?

Comment

3 days in ...

Farscape Season 1 is currently ranked #1 in "Top TV Seasons".

Top TV Episodes ...

3. Premiere
            7. Throne for a Loss
            10. I, E.T.
            11. Back and Back and Back to the Future
            27. That Old Black Magic
            28. PK Tech Girl
            29. Thank God It's Friday Again
            30. Exodus from Genesis

etc., etc.

Looks like the Scapers have come out in droves ...

I am going to be politicking for the final four or five episodes when hubby gets home from work ...

Comment

Yeah some Scapers haven't been able to get the S1 DVD sets since ADV stopped producing them a few years ago and Sony (atm) has no plans to release any sets.

I still have my original S1 DVDs and don't plan on parting with them.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                Yeah some Scapers haven't been able to get the S1 DVD sets since ADV stopped producing them a few years ago and Sony (atm) has no plans to release any sets.

I still have my original S1 DVDs and don't plan on parting with them.
                region1? I had no problem picking up all 4 seasons and teh mini-series a month ago in Australia.

Comment

AD - yeah I know folks in the US have had trouble finding any S1 DVD sets. I think the rights for Australia and the UK are held by a totally different company.
                  sigpic

Comment

Actually, the S1 DVD's are out there, they just cost anywhere from $100 to $900 dollars (even USED!).

I'm definitely happy that iTunes picked up Season 1, and hope they pick up the rest of the seasons as well!

Comment

I don't see why they wouldn't put all seasons of FS and the PK Wars on iTunes. The press release made me believe they would.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                        region1? I had no problem picking up all 4 seasons and teh mini-series a month ago in Australia.
                        Because it's Universal that has the rights for the territory of Australia. In USA/Canada ADV Films lost their rights to season 1 back in January 2007, Sony is the new owner now, but they're not particularly in a hurry to release season 1 DVDs.
                        In UK the rights' owner is Contender company and it's probably not gonna change any time soon.

Comment

Working...
                        X