What Ancient tech back at the castle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Ancient tech back at the castle?

McKAY: Well, who knows what kind of whacky rules they've imposed on it? I mean, I suppose it's possible that once a generation, the key needs to be reactivated here. Maybe it's the one thing that allows them to use the Ancient tech they have back at the castle.

All I saw back at the castle was candles and wood. Did I miss something or did we miss a scene?
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

i did not see any either

Comment

They were Lantian candles.

Comment

I think it's one of those things we're just supposed to go with. Plus, it seems a lot of places have some Ancient tech laying around.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          They were Lantian candles.
          There is a chair at the castle I think.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

usually we hear stuff like this in episodes further along the line.. might also just be a guess from rodney.. like 'perhaps they've got more tech there'.

Comment

it might be hidden like secret doorways or a underground full of reserch on minidrones
              sigpic

Comment

probably a few gadgets.
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I figured time constraints were the issue and the relevant 'Ancient tech back at the castle' scene was edited out, must check that producer's blog for more info. I'm wondering what tech they had, though. The first sign of functioning Ancient technology and I'm sure Rodney would have had jumper teams searching the entire planet for more. Must be something that wouldn't necessarily require the user to have the gene [hence their surprise at the girl having it] and much less interesting than a life signs detector.
                  Obviously, it wasn't a treacherous sister detector.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I wish they would put something in about it on the DVD when they do season 4. Either that or have an episode where we go back to the planet to explore more of this stuff.

Comment

We'll most likely just see the mini-drone tech, trade something for it. Although what you trade for that kind of power, I don't know. Crops, no doubt. Or a treacherous sister detector. I doubt we'll return to this planet. I mean, it was 'an important trade partner'? First we heard about that was this episode. I'm guessing they're just a one-off to intro the mini-drones, that's it.

Remember what happened to the Taranians? People we get Ancient tech from don't survive very long. Good riddance, hated the little brat anyway.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                        I mean, it was 'an important trade partner'? First we heard about that was this episode. I'm guessing they're just a one-off to intro the mini-drones, that's it.
                        The Atlantis expedition needs a regular supply of food. Medical supplies would be easier to transport from Earth so it makes sense that they're traded for sacks of flour or whatever. There's a limit to how much surplus food the average Pegasus galaxy community could produce, though, and some of the surplus might be needed as trade goods for things which the Atlantis expedition can't provide. It's likely that the expedition has a number of important trading partners which can be produced out of thin air whenever a plot requires one.

'Travellers' established that Rodney has set up half a dozen research stations on various planets. We know that one of them is staffed by Doctor Mackenzie who is studying a primitive tribe but the other research stations are a complete mystery. This is even more convenient for producing a community out of thin air if a plot requires it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                          I think it's one of those things we're just supposed to go with. Plus, it seems a lot of places have some Ancient tech laying around.
                          True, they weren't exactly big on cleaning up after themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                            That's what I thought. It's something that doesn't really impact the overall story so they just leave it up to the viewers.
                            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Working...
                            X