This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient Technology

I dont know how many other threads there are on this topic that are still in use. However Atlantishas only just started in the uk however the technology dosnt appear to be millions of years ahead of us or am i mistaken.
    Spoilers
    In new order part 2 Sg1the asgard were able just to replecate the weapon that jake designed and granted there is alot of atlantis to you know explor i hope they find tech worthy of being millions of years ahead of us
    Anyone else got any thoughts

"Glowing Jellyfish Of Doom", Puddlejumpers, an entire city capable of space travel, an energy source based on space/time itself, technology that can literally read your mind, (REST IS SPOILERS ALL EPISODES AFTER PILOT)
    Spoiler:
    a personalized shield, a containment field for an energy lifeform, genetic engineering, holograms, the entire city can conduct electricity and elevators/transports with a touch screen interface
    aren't advanced enough for ya?

Comment

and don't forget they found a computer lab full of Timex/Sinclair computers.....now that's ancient technology.......

Thanks!
      Jordan

my page
      My LJ
      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaaand the shield that McKay found!

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
          and don't forget they found a computer lab full of Timex/Sinclair computers.....now that's ancient technology.......

Timex made computers? Huh? <scratches head> I musta missed this I'm dumb!

Comment

Originally posted by Zeus
            I dont know how many other threads there are on this topic that are still in use. However Atlantishas only just started in the uk however the technology dosnt appear to be millions of years ahead of us or am i mistaken.
            Spoilers
            In new order part 2 Sg1the asgard were able just to replecate the weapon that jake designed and granted there is alot of atlantis to you know explor i hope they find tech worthy of being millions of years ahead of us
            Anyone else got any thoughts
            What exactly do you want? Technology that corrects bad spelling and incoherent sentences?

Comment

A lot of companies did, actually.

Comment

"It's called a PDP11, and unlike our computers it can also be used as a sturdy seat, or drinks cabinet."
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                  "It's called a PDP11, and unlike our computers it can also be used as a sturdy seat, or drinks cabinet."
                  That sounds like the description they use for those giant room sized computers from the 30s.

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                    That sounds like the description they use for those giant room sized computers from the 30s.
                    Such as the PDP11, for example. Not quite room-sized, but still pretty chunky for a 'micro' computer.
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                      What exactly do you want? Technology that corrects bad spelling and incoherent sentences?
                      That's exactly why I have a computer to use the spell and grammer check. (I'm terrible at those things.)

Comment

I don't like those spell checkers. They put the wrong words in

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                          Perhaps GateWorld should offer "Spell check" for those in need.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                            Perhaps GateWorld should offer "Spell check" for those in need.
                            I wish they would.

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                              I don't like those spell checkers. They put the wrong words in
                              Meh Tuo I thinc da spel chek is over raited too.

Comment

Working...
                              X