Ha'tak Motherships Staff Cannons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha'tak Motherships Staff Cannons

Throughout SG-1 the Ha'tak class ships has been seen engaging many enemies like the other Ha'taks, the Ori etc etc etc but there have been some major inconsistencies relating to the staff cannons rate of fire like in the Battle between Yu's forces where each ship fire a single shot salvo in Full Circle in season 7 and when Gerak bombards Kallana in Beachhead season 9 with a very high rate of fire. This really bugs me that these ships can pummel a heavily shielded planet with many blasts but can only fire 1 or 2 shots in a salvo against a ship. Is the rate of fire directly proportionate to the commander's mood or something-please discuss

The rate of fire could be directly proportional to the age of the ship or the weapons technology deployed on them. The design of the ship may not have changed for thousands of years and if a System Lord is powerful enough, he may not have lost (and replinished) the ships he originally had.

If I had a ship 600 years ago and that ship has yet to be destroyed in battle, would it be as good as a ship built 5 years ago with the latest advances in Goa'uld weapons technology?

Another possibility could be differences in the level of proficiency of the weapons officer or the battle tactics that they're using.

Comment

Most system lord would upgrade thier ships regularly as they would be fighting each other all the time-your point about the weapons officer is a good one but this problem appears to be very widespread throughout the Ha'tak users of the galaxy. The Lucian Alliance ships that blew up Netans Ha'tak after the Battle of Camolet displayed a similar ability to rapid fire their cannons to destroy his ship(funny thing about that is he left its shields up-netan must not be the sharpest one in the Galaxy when it comes to destroying your own ship)

Comment

maybe they use slower fire rate too "charge" the weapons so it does more damage then rapid fire, and maybe its more accurate and it allows the person on the weapons console to aim
        Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
        Anime signature in spoiler tag
        Spoiler:
        Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

prob just some dumbass jaffa as weapons officer

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
          Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

its possible the ones gerak used belonged to anubis's upgraded hataks

if that was the case then they seem to be useless to ori segments coming at them
            sigpic

Comment

It's directly proportionate to the mood of the guy who's clicking on the mouse.

Other than that, maybe higher ROF means less energy per bolt.
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

You also may have to take into acount the power of the staff blast. Lower yield = higher rate of fire, higher yield = lower rate of fire. Taking into acount the age of the vessel and the skill of the jaffa at the weapons console.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
                  maybe they use slower fire rate too "charge" the weapons so it does more damage then rapid fire, and maybe its more accurate and it allows the person on the weapons console to aim
                  Good point, or it is linked to how the ship is angled... In beach head those ships seemed to be firing from all over the place WITH both side and bottom mounted weapons... In most of the ship to ship combats i have seen they were only firing sideways..

Comment

The heavy guns above and beneath are the same.
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Have only read the first post-

It could very possibly be due to the amount of power they want to put into it, if they want to spray a planets surface they will use hundreds of shots but if they're trying to damage a ship as much as possible they could fire the most powerful shots possible at a slower rate of fire, that or it is due to ship design, maybe some are rapid fire and some not.
                      Best quotes ever:
                      O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                      Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                      Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                      Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                      Thor:I like the yellow ones
                      O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

I think the level of technology is a more resonable idea, however power is an option, a Ha'tak would use up large amounts of energy firing rapid fire as well as full sheilds etc. In more long term fights/campaigns the Jaffa\Goa'uld commander may decide to try and preserve his energy sources, naquada(?) is not a renewable energy source, it would run out after a while.
                        Also a System Lord would probably not replace the ship that helped him/her gain power over the system he/she rules, possible bonds (or personalised chambers etc) or a sarcophagus might mean that they never change ship, like Ra... just a though
                        also addition of a fleet of other Ha'taks under their command or lesser ships might make the system lord arrogant enough to think it didn't need upgrading... its happened before
                        Inubis, First Prime of Ra
                        Best Jaffa death EVER!

Comment

Working...
                        X