This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As the Stargate Turns.............

Let's here brief synopsis (not entire scripts/stories) for shows for sg1 and atlantis involving personal interactions of characters and how it impacts the science fiction: love triangles/personal tension/goals and ambitions of characters

I'll start it off:

Heimdall finds enough clues in primitive asgard to fix Asgard DNA but asgard cannot bear children. thor asks sam to bear first new generation of asgard race to revitalize their species/contribute fresh ideas because goa'uld markers in her blood allow her to bear asgard child without either being harmed. sam agrees because she discovers her various offworld adventures exposed her to naquadah/naquadria/interstellar radiation and she cannot bear children without asgard help. o'neill and pete think other is father and tension mounts..........

Next idea?

postscript - anyone can post that scifi low down graphic of blue and orange stargate flipping?

Originally posted by terraatlantus
    Let's here brief synopsis (not entire scripts/stories) for shows for sg1 and atlantis involving personal interactions of characters and how it impacts the science fiction: love triangles/personal tension/goals and ambitions of characters

I'll start it off:

Heimdall finds enough clues in primitive asgard to fix Asgard DNA but asgard cannot bear children. thor asks sam to bear first new generation of asgard race to revitalize their species/contribute fresh ideas because goa'uld markers in her blood allow her to bear asgard child without either being harmed. sam agrees because she discovers her various offworld adventures exposed her to naquadah/naquadria/interstellar radiation and she cannot bear children without asgard help. o'neill and pete think other is father and tension mounts..........

Next idea?

postscript - anyone can post that scifi low down graphic of blue and orange stargate flipping?
    Wow...this needs work. Why couldn't Heimdall just fix the DNA and create cloned bodies capable of bearing progeny? If they can traverse galaxies in a matter of hours/days, I think they could create a new genetically modified body, with their repaired DNA, to bear offspring.

I also doubt Col. Carter would do this since she would find it an affront to her bearing her own offspring, which she really wants to do, but not Asgard babies, but her own. If she couldn't bear her own children, perhaps she would adopt. The thing is, if she had an Asgard modified baby, would they let her keep it? She wouldn't want to be some kinda experimental surrogate mother, would she? I don't think so.

Good sci-fi can integrate love, personal tensions, and characters' goals without compromising the sci-fi, which would turn it from sci-fi to soap opera. Bad sci-fi, like Andromeda, does this to some extent.

What I'd like to see, toward the end of a series, is a good character (morally good), who, due to personal conflict, crisis, etc., turns "bad". For example, if someone hurt O'Neill bad enough, with all of his resources and his position, would he have it in him to enact revenge or something like that?

Comment

first, i didn't mean for you to critique *my* soap opera, second, i *meant* it to be space soap opera, - you know like As the world turns?

jeez

Comment

Now, now, let's not bicker here ^.^; ...... Perhaps Lord Anubis misunderstood?

Course, I'm no Mod, don't listen to me Sorry.

I don't like soaps that much, so I think that this would make a great one! A parody, almost. You should write it!

My Own Little World

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
        101 Ways to Annoy, Harass, Confuse or Generally Scare Lord Voldemort
        "Be nice to nerds;
        one day, you'll end up working for one."
        -Evil Overlord Bill Gates
        Ba'al: I'll never let go, Jack, I'll never let go!
        Jack: *choke* That's my throat, Ba'al.....

Comment

I think that Terraatlantus has a great idea here, to come up with a Stargate 'soap', which as we all know are very much not based on reality! This could be a lot of fun, if folks would get in the spirit of it.

One thing though, is that anything like this belongs in the fan fic folder. I know that it's not fan fiction, but we need to keep the threads in some kind of order rather than just putting them all in the General Folder. I hope this is OK.
          sigpic

Comment

Everyone, please remember that if you have any issues with another poster, then take it off forum, to email or PM. Do not continue individual arguments or squabbles in the thread.
            sigpic

Comment

I like the basic concept. :O

Comment

Working...
              X