A Stargate uncovered in a scrap yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Stargate uncovered in a scrap yard

Found this link on another forum. Thought it might interest some.

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/200...C-0D6B48984890
    BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

What a lucky find ! I wonder if they were perhaps used as templates to make the diddy Stargates Paul Brown of Legends presented to the cast and PTB of SG-1 a while back ?
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

That's one amazing find, how lucky can you be. I'm not quite sure why on an afternoon off you'd go down to the local scrapyard, but hey, thats just so cool.
      Best quotes ever:
      O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
      Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
      Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
      Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
      Thor:I like the yellow ones
      O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
        That's one amazing find, how lucky can you be. I'm not quite sure why on an afternoon off you'd go down to the local scrapyard, but hey, thats just so cool.
        Hey! I would do something like that. Never know what you would find.

Comment

This is a hard blog to describe, but check it out

excerpt:

Case in point, the stuff I found this week in a bin of what's called 'New Aluminum' in the scrap metal trade. They looked like 12"x12" pieces of 3/8" aluminum plate until I flipped one over to reveal...

The StarGate. In absolutely jawdropping detail. Really. Take a moment to scope these detail images and fantasize about what you could make if you had a cnc mill with this kind of resolution:

Comment

That would be an awesome collector's item to have a miniature stargate like that
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

useless without a dhd
              Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
              sigpic

Comment

Hmmm...there's a couple stargates in the trash and there's less gate travel shown on SGA. Coincidence? I think not.

Prion, you find the weirdest stargate articles on teh interweb.

Comment

man those look cool, sweet find

Comment

Out of all the scrap yards in all of the countries of the world, that thing didn't end up in mine!

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                      Hmmm...there's a couple stargates in the trash and there's less gate travel shown on SGA. Coincidence? I think not.
                      its an sg1 gate. And it's a miniature gate, 9" across.

Comment

LoL
                        sigpic
                        Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
                          Found this link on another forum. Thought it might interest some.

There is two threads on this at the same time. Hm wonder who posted first ill check.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                            This is a hard blog to describe, but check it out

excerpt:

Case in point, the stuff I found this week in a bin of what's called 'New Aluminum' in the scrap metal trade. They looked like 12"x12" pieces of 3/8" aluminum plate until I flipped one over to reveal...

The StarGate. In absolutely jawdropping detail. Really. Take a moment to scope these detail images and fantasize about what you could make if you had a cnc mill with this kind of resolution:
                            There is two threads on this. One is in the general section.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by !!?? View Post
                              There is two threads on this at the same time. Hm wonder who posted first ill check.
                              I asked for the threads to be combined and put under the NEWS section, where people usually look for stuff like this.

Comment

Working...
                              X