This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Key to Byzantium notes

First of all - great story. Just great. As a huge BTVS fan (in addition to Stargate), I was wondering when the two worlds would mesh.

When is part VII coming?

OK - more notes here comparing BtVS and Stargate:

First of all there is one -possibly two - relevant characters from BtVS. The most important is Willow Rosenberg. Why? Because she has power. Stargate-relevant power. Buffy, Faith, et al do not. They're like Jaffa - dangerous warriors, but lousy soldiers, and therefore largely irrevelant. The other possible power center is Dawn Summers - more on that later.

Why are slayers meaningless? The same reason Jaffa are becoming so - lack of lethality. Swords and crossbows against modern firearms - and the guns win EVERY time. Unless Buffy and Co. are willing to do two things, the organized murder machines known as SG teams will go through them like a hot knife through butter - should they ever fight.

The two things the slayers need to do are as follows:
    1) Graduate from medievil weaponry to modern. There is no doubt that a slayer's physical skills make her formidable. But a crossbow against a staff weapon is meaningless. While inhumanly quick and strong, Buffy can't stop a sniper shot from 500 yds. On the other hand, Buffy with an assualt rifle would be awesome.
    2) Become soldiers, not warriors. In eight years of Stargate, one theme has been abundently clear; despite their inferior tech, physical attributes, and numbers, the SGC usually wins. Why? Because the SGC is comprised of soldiers and the Jaffa are warriors. Highly trained soldiers are literally murder machines; quick, efficient, and unbelievably deadly. Four Slayers - no matter how tough - are toast if an SG Team wants them dead.

The deal breaker is Willow. Her power is real, and quite simply, more than an SG Team can scientifically quantify. It would be - interesting - to see Carter and Rosenberg working together - combined IQ of about 360.

The other potential is Dawn. I was digusted that Whendon and Co dumped her as a story line after Season 5. The "Key" is simply too powerful to remain dormant in a teenaged girl. Dawn's power - should it ever manifest, and should she be inclined - would be fascinating to see.

One more thing - Spike as a Go'a'uld - gotta wonder who would win that fight.

Mike Turcotte

Comment

Do you know where I could download Buffy episodes?

PM me if you do. Don't post any links on the thread(s).

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Working...
      X