PDA

View Full Version : Hey iTunes, what's up?

BulletPro
January 20th, 2008, 08:29 PM
This season, I typically get the iTunes email about 6 hours after the episode played on Sci-Fi. With Quarantine, it's now late Sunday evening and iTunes has not been updated. :(

Gater-aide
January 21st, 2008, 03:56 AM
Got the same problem. Apple's iTunes say they are available for download within 48 hours after airing. No "Usually", no "expected", no "estimage" just flat 48 hours.

I sent an e-mail asking them when they expect it to be available. The automated message said they would respond within 48 hours, but since the last 48 hour deadline was reached, I'm not to confident about this 48 hour deadline being met either.

Jill_Ion
January 21st, 2008, 01:45 PM
It's Monday afternoon, and still no Quarantine. :(

I checked my e-mail, to see if there was notice by iTunes that the show was released yet. Nope.

Avenger
January 21st, 2008, 01:47 PM
They have it on Amazon Unbox.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WM9ZU2/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=digital-video&qid=1200952024&sr=8-2

Jill_Ion
January 21st, 2008, 02:06 PM
Thanks, Avenger! :)

BulletPro
January 21st, 2008, 10:29 PM
They have it on Amazon Unbox.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WM9ZU2/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=digital-video&qid=1200952024&sr=8-2

I've already paid for the iTunes Season Pass. :(

leighanners
January 21st, 2008, 10:40 PM
iTunes still doesn't have it up...has anyone heard from them or have new info on the situation? Cause I want what I've paid for thank you! Haha...it's getting annoying though.

Malakriss
January 22nd, 2008, 02:02 AM
They should be more prompt with such things. Gives even more of an edge to piracy and getting what you want, when you want.

Gater-aide
January 22nd, 2008, 05:23 AM
I've already paid for the iTunes Season Pass. :(

Ditto.

Plus I don't like the idea of downloading Amazon.com's movie player, which is of unknown size, just to view one episode. I'm anxious to see Quarantine, but not that anxious.

Its just another program to consume system resources, and just another website that will send me e-mail after e-mail about what's new (even if I don't solicitate it.

Gater-aide
January 22nd, 2008, 05:25 AM
iTunes still doesn't have it up...has anyone heard from them or have new info on the situation? Cause I want what I've paid for thank you! Haha...it's getting annoying though.

I got an e-mail from apple yesterday saying they were looking into it. If I don't here anything from them by Friday you can be sure they will receive a verbal thrashing.

Jill_Ion
January 22nd, 2008, 07:11 AM
As eager as I am to see the show, sounds like Apple's looking into it. I'll be impatiently patient. :mckay:

leighanners
January 22nd, 2008, 10:47 AM
I got an e-mail from apple yesterday saying they were looking into it. If I don't here anything from them by Friday you can be sure they will receive a verbal thrashing.

Oh goody then! :mckay: Someone hit the wrong button and screwed everything up, fire em! Haha...the wait is so not fair. Thanks for the info!

umopapisdn
January 22nd, 2008, 11:34 AM
If any of you are in the UK or have sky, its on sky1 at 8:D and wednesday at 9 on sky1.

Agent_Dark
January 22nd, 2008, 05:47 PM
This season, I typically get the iTunes email about 6 hours after the episode played on Sci-Fi. With Quarantine, it's now late Sunday evening and iTunes has not been updated. :(

hmm, thats pretty poor. it's usually out via other sources 30mins after it finishes airing...

its just another program to consume system resources, and just another website that will send me e-mail after e-mail about what's new (even if I don't solicitate it.
it doesnt use up any system resources if its not running. and you only need to run it watch the video.
Just filter the emails to the junk pile. 2 clicks, problem solved

Jill_Ion
January 22nd, 2008, 07:21 PM
This is the first time I haven't been able to download SGA on Friday night. Though it's frustrating, I'm ready to understand one mess-up. We're all humans...aren't we???? ;)

leighanners
January 22nd, 2008, 07:35 PM
Mistakes my foot! This ascended ancient thinks she's pretty dang perfect thank you! Haha...:D:P I understand that really it's just a tech problem, and it's being worked on, but oh my gosh! It'll be friday in two more days...I'm getting backed up a little. Just gonna wait some more...wait, wait, wait.

Jill_Ion
January 22nd, 2008, 07:41 PM
*drums fingers*

waits...waits...wraiths, er, waits...

leighanners
January 23rd, 2008, 12:33 AM
*drums fingers*

waits...waits...wraiths, er, waits...

HAHA! Probably is the wraith's fault. They sucked the life outta the humans at Apple.

Pharaoh Atem
January 23rd, 2008, 01:19 AM
see this is why you should use a VCR

Gater-aide
January 23rd, 2008, 02:34 AM
Mistakes my foot! This ascended ancient thinks she's pretty dang perfect thank you! Haha...:D:P I understand that really it's just a tech problem, and it's being worked on, but oh my gosh! It'll be friday in two more days...I'm getting backed up a little. Just gonna wait some more...wait, wait, wait.

Hey double the atlantis this friday, or god forbid triple atlantis next friday.

Tupopoflungo
January 23rd, 2008, 02:43 AM
there is of course the option if it does not go up of going to that site where YOU can watch stuff that was on the TUBE...

Jill_Ion
January 23rd, 2008, 08:52 AM

Nah, I use my DVR for recording shows now. But I don't have SciFi, no recording possible for li'l ol' me. :S

*still waiting*

leighanners
January 23rd, 2008, 11:33 AM

Helps if one owns a vcr

Agent_Dark
January 23rd, 2008, 12:56 PM
there is of course the option if it does not go up of going to that site where YOU can watch stuff that was on the TUBE...

sif you'd want to do that. youtube quality is wang.

Gater-aide
January 23rd, 2008, 03:15 PM

Too new age for a VCR, too cheap for a DVR, and I personally feel that comcast must be eliminated for their questionable business practices

Gater-aide
January 23rd, 2008, 03:22 PM
Oh goody then! :mckay: Someone hit the wrong button and screwed everything up, fire em! Haha...the wait is so not fair. Thanks for the info!

I'm starting to get a little upset. Still have not heard anything from iTunes. Apparently this is not of high priority.

You would think that if it was merely a bug in their system everyone would still get the e-mail saying the episode is ready for download (even though it isn't). Because there isn't one you would think someone fell asleep on the job! It doesn't take a Rodney Mckay to figure this one out!

Anyway just to light a fire under them

visit http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store/browser/ and log your complaint.

Rosehawk
January 23rd, 2008, 05:33 PM
Grrrrrrr, this has to be some kind of punishment because
I wanted to see Radek's behind hanging out of the vents again! :P :P Actually I wanted to watch the whole vent scene again! :D
Only time I want to get an episode from iTunes this year and it's still not out! :cool:

leighanners
January 23rd, 2008, 06:06 PM
They better get this resolved ASAP...cause iTunes is my only way to S4 this year (and I'm not downloading it elsewhere when I've already paid for it)...and I have a very important epi to watch in a few weeks...and if they make me miss it...OH! There will be hell to pay.

BulletPro
January 23rd, 2008, 08:33 PM
_RESOLVED_

The latest episode of Stargate Atlantis, Season 4 is now available for you to download. Click here and it will begin downloading after you have signed in to iTunes. You can also select 'Check for Purchases...' from the Store menu (or the Advanced menu for iTunes 6 or lower).

1. Quarantine

To stop receiving email notification of new episodes, click here to edit your Account preferences.

Warm regards,
iTunes Store Team

leighanners
January 23rd, 2008, 09:05 PM
It's still not showing up for me in iTunes...this is starting to get on my last nerve!

edit: IT'S NOW UP! YAY! *runs to watch* I've gotta find my iPod first...GAH!

Agent_Dark
January 24th, 2008, 12:11 AM
I've gotta find my iPod first...GAH!
or watch it on your pc? :S

leighanners
January 24th, 2008, 12:20 AM
or watch it on your pc? :S

My pc doesn't like itunes or most anything I download from itunes, including music. So I use my ipod...a lot. I need a new computer. *kicks her's* Hopefully itunes will have their act together this week and get the new epi up on time! *crosses fingers*

Jill_Ion
January 24th, 2008, 08:17 AM
I got the notification e-mail, and it's downloading for me now. :) I did register a (polite) complaint with Apple.

rarocks24
January 24th, 2008, 03:22 PM
It's up right now, and rated number four on iTunes.