• Show
Clear All

The Futon Critic - 4th Annual Save Our Show Contest

From The Futon Critic:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/go...nt&id=20040505

Wednesday, May 5, 2004
    The Futon's Fourth Annual Save Our Show Contest
    By Brian Ford Sullivan

With less than two weeks to go until major networks begin announcing their fall 2004 schedules, it goes without saying then that this is a critical time for struggling (or "on the bubble") series. So in the interest of helping out fans of the programs that fit said profile, we'll once again be turning over the weekly "Rant" to our readers. That's right boys and girls, it's time to break out your electronic pens and let us know why your favorite struggling series should be saved from cancellation. Here's the rundown:

WHAT TO SEND: An e-mail with 1,000 words or less to [email protected] - NO ATTACHMENTS PLEASE - on why you should save one of the following series:

all about the andersons (wb)
    arrested development (fox)
    becker (cbs)
    big house, the (abc)
    boston public (fox)
    d.a., the (abc)
    district, the (cbs)
    ed (nbc)
    forever eden (fox)
    game over (upn)
    good morning, miami (nbc)
    guardian, the (cbs)
    hack (cbs)
    handler, the (cbs)
    happy family (nbc)
    help, the (wb)
    i'm still alive (upn)
    i'm with her (abc)
    it's all relative (abc)
    jamie kennedy experiment, the (wb)
    life with bonnie (abc)
    like family (wb)
    line of fire (abc)
    married to the kellys (abc)
    miss match (nbc)
    mullets, the (upn)
    my big fat obnoxious fiance (fox)
    restaurant, the (nbc)
    rock me baby (upn)
    run of the house (wb)
    star search (cbs)
    star trek: enterprise (upn)
    steve harvey's big time (wb)
    stones, the (cbs)
    threat matrix (abc)
    tracy morgan show, the (nbc)
    tru calling (fox)
    whoopi (nbc)
    what i like about you (wb)

The above list consists of all the current series at the major networks that have not been renewed for the 2004-05 season however have yet to be officially canceled. The list has also been condensed to those series which are NOT considered "locks" to return based on comments by the media and the networks themselves.

Entries will be taken from these series ONLY as while it may be admirable to write about saving shows like "Angel," "Wonderfalls," etc. said series are definitely not returning next season. We're trying to fight the battles we can win, not fighting the good fight so to speak.

Also keep in mind we're looking for positive, thoughtful entries here. Those who bash the networks, executives, other shows or anything else under the TV sun will not be considered. Just fill the readers with the same enthusiasm you feel about your favorite show.

Again, plain text e-mails ONLY. No attachments please.

WHAT YOU WIN: The six best entries (judged by me and the rest of the Futon staff) will be featured on the site - two a day - beginning next week (Wednesday, May 12). With over 75 million hits in the past four years, your words will be reaching a pretty wide audience. And as they say, you never know who could be reading.

DEADLINES: While judging will be continuous, the final deadline for all entries is Tuesday, May 11 at 11:00 p.m. eastern time. We apologize for the shortened entry period this year but our move has put enormous dampeners on our time.

As always thanks in advance for your entries. This is one of my (and the staff's) favorite traditions and we look forward to your entires. Good luck!

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

My opinion - Stupid that they didn't add Angel/Wonderfalls. Its not like their little 'SOS' thing worked last year, or the year before that, or did it?
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Threat Matrix was a good show :onder:: Becker USED to be a good one. To hell with Reality TV, though.
      sigpic

Comment

Reality TV has tainted the networks!

Comment

Reality shows suck, but that list of SOS candidates isn't much better. Becker WAS good and I liked Duchovny's spots on Life with Bonnie but other than that... I haven't watched any of the show and don't have any interest in them. Well. A few eps of Enterprise. For Porthos. That's one show that will probably get saved, just because.

Whatever happened to quality television? And giving a show more than three eps to find an audience?

Comment

I was getting into Firefly, then it was cancelled, i was getting into Wonderfalls, then it was cancelled, i was getting into Jake 2.0, then it was cancelled...

Comment

Anybody else getting strange server error messages when they try to get to the site?
              *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

I thought Becker was great but has been sliding... it was best when Terry Farrell was on anyway.
                If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Working...
                X