I'm puzzled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm puzzled

Why was it so easy to open the door of the transporter where Sam and Zelenka were blocked ? For opening all the other doors it was necessary to use C4 .

It looks like a big inconsistency with the rest of the episode : all doors were supposed to be blocked by the system so that sick people wouldn't walk around and spread diseases. So it should have been impossible to manually open doors !

It was established that the doors were lighter than the rest. 4 people prying it open was enough to get it open. No inconsistency.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

i theres also a difference between the emergency doors and the plain old teleporter room doors in terms of ease to force open

Comment

they did mention it, plus carter and radek are not the strongest members of the expidition and there wasnt really enough room in the transporters to get any strenght behind it

Comment

Not to mention the fact that the emergency doors were designed to seal and stay shut, while transporter doors are just... well... doors.
          These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
            It was established that the doors were lighter than the rest. 4 people prying it open was enough to get it open. No inconsistency.
            That's the answer
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
              Not to mention the fact that the emergency doors were designed to seal and stay shut, while transporter doors are just... well... doors.
              Not to mention if they used C4 we'd have two members of the team splatterd all over the tranporter.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                Not to mention if they used C4 we'd have two members of the team splatterd all over the tranporter.
                very true

Comment

I think we can all tack it up to Sheppard+Lorne creating more force than Carter+Zalenka.

Comment

It also looked like there were better grippers on the outside of the door than on the inside.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think we can put this one down to the writer's not really giving a crap and being lazy.

Huge glaring mistake. The 'weight' of a door has nothing to do with it anyway, if it's magnetically or mechanically sealed, it's SEALED.

Comment

Originally posted by stevearm07 View Post
                        I think we can put this one down to the writer's not really giving a crap and being lazy.

Huge glaring mistake. The 'weight' of a door has nothing to do with it anyway, if it's magnetically or mechanically sealed, it's SEALED.
                        It makes a hell of a difference. The emergency doors are obviously alot heavier than the transport doors, hence the transporter doors are easier to force open.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          It makes a hell of a difference. The emergency doors are obviously alot heavier than the transport doors, hence the transporter doors are easier to force open.
                          Emergency doors? Every single door in Atlantis you mean?

How convenient the transporter doors are lighter.

The ease in which the transporter door was forced open was laughable.

God forbid anyone accuses the writer's of being lazy though.

Comment

Emergency doors? Every single door in Atlantis you mean?
                            That and the Blast Doors like the one in Mckay's lab.

How convenient the transporter doors are lighter.

God forbid anyone accuses the writer's of being lazy though.
                            They have always been lighter so it's not a recent development and it makes sense. Those doors are like elevator doors and should be able to be pried open in case of emergency.

Comment

It took 4 people, including two very fit military man, a fit military woman, and a scientist, so no, it wasn't laughable.
                              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Working...
                              X