PDA

View Full Version : Best And/Or Funniest Line in Quarantine

Redhooks
January 19th, 2008, 11:11 AM
I think the funniest line to me in Quarantine was when Sheppard said to McKay in McKay's lab,
Sheppard: "is this a diamond?"
McKay: "Yeah, an 1/8th of a carat actually conflict(?) free and got a good deal actually."
Sheppard: "I'm sure you did."
:lol:

The next funniest is Sheppard saying he wished he had Ronon's gun which is a call back to how Larrin blasted her way out of the Control Chair room in Travelers.

MJCS
January 19th, 2008, 12:21 PM
I think the funniest line to me in Quarantine was when Sheppard said to McKay in McKay's lab,
Sheppard: "is this a diamond?"
McKay: "Yeah, an 1/8th of a carat actually conflict(?) free and got a good deal actually."
Sheppard: "I'm sure you did."
:lol:

The next funniest is Sheppard saying he wished he had Ronon's gun which is a call back to how Larrin blasted her way out of the Control Chair room in Travelers.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_diamonds

A conflict-free diamond is a diamond whose profits aren't used to fund wars and which is produced and mined under ethical conditions. Only diamonds that are certified and can be traced from the mine to the consumer are conflict-free diamonds.

sueKay
January 19th, 2008, 12:24 PM
"42...The answer to life, the universe, and everything"

Best moment, not of Quarantine but of the whole series is when Zelenka comes barrelling out of the air vent :D

Redhooks
January 19th, 2008, 12:28 PM
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_diamonds
A conflict-free diamond is a diamond whose profits aren't used to fund wars and which is produced and mined under ethical conditions. Only diamonds that are certified and can be traced from the mine to the consumer are conflict-free diamonds.

Thanks for the info. I had to listen to it several times and I thought originally he said defect-free. :D I guess I haven't shopped for diamonds lately nor did I see that movie with DiCaprio (Blood Diamond) that is probably about this topic. I only have seen the trailer on TV. :o

MFA
January 19th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Best moment, not of Quarantine but of the whole series is when Zelenka comes barrelling out of the air vent :D

^^ ITA -- Zelenka was the man!

Jumper_One
January 19th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Rodney: I feel it's time that Katie and I move the relationship to the next level
Shep: Second base?

wraithfound
January 19th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Keller: Sparring?
Ronon: Actually I tripped in the shower.
Keller: Really?
Ronon: No.

toomanysides
January 19th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Teyla: He told you his password?
Sheppard: He didn't think I'd remember it.
*1-6-4-3-1-8-7-9-1-9-6-8-4-2*
See, doesn't take a genius.
Teyla: It doesn't...?
Sheppard: 1643, the year Isaac Newton was born, 1879, the year Einstein was born, 1968...
Teyla: The year Rodney was born.
Sheppard: Never underestimate the size of that man's ego.
Teyla: Weren't there other numbers?
Sheppard: Forty-two.
Teyla: What's that?
Sheppard: The ultimate answer to the great question of life, the universe, and everything.

:)

blue-skyz
January 19th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Sheppard: 1643, the year Isaac Newton was born, 1879, the year Einstein was born, 1968...
Sheppard: The ultimate answer to the great question of life, the universe, and everything.

You beat me to it. My favorite too.

Hypochondriac
January 19th, 2008, 02:39 PM
I liked the part where shepard was worried that Teyla would start going into labor, I was thinking kind of the same thing

Jumper_One
January 19th, 2008, 03:04 PM

:lol: yeah that was great :D

Avenger
January 19th, 2008, 03:43 PM

Absolutely. That cracked me up.

aboleyn24
January 19th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Sure, Batman did it all the time.

Raven56
January 19th, 2008, 05:53 PM

Me three. I was actually wondering at the time how Closet!Geek John must be to actually remember the years Newton and Einstein were born....

Thornyrose
January 19th, 2008, 05:54 PM
The best line for me (and all the ones already mentioned are great) was Zelinka's expression as Sam took off her jacket and he found himself in a position to get more of an eyeful than he had expected.

Opener
January 19th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Yeah, I loved that one too. I loved the little headshake he did right after it happened.

Good ones

After Ronon and Keller get trapped:
Keller: We could take the time to get to know one another better.
Ronon: What'd you have in mind?

Before lockdown:
Katie: I gave it a little TLC, and it just keeps getting bigger and BIGGER...

Rodney, you moron! Way to miss her wanting to jump your bones.:D Ah well, I've done the same thing myself, so I can't be too mad with him.

PG15
January 19th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Rodney: One minute you're happily riding your bicycle back from acing your Lagrangian Mechanics midterm, you know the, warm breeze in your face; next thing you know you're flying through the air cuz you just hit a pothole!

Just...picture it. :D

andromeda_dan
January 19th, 2008, 10:43 PM

yea, this was a great line..but, what is the importance of 42 being the answer to the question of life, the universe, and everything? whats the reference for this?

Captain Untouchable
January 19th, 2008, 11:14 PM

Either that ^, or...

Zalenka: Its one of my pigeons.

Mind you, Radik swearing to himself in Czech for a few minutes was awesome too!

Yay4CarsonBeckett
January 20th, 2008, 01:19 AM
One chuckleworthy (and unintentional) moment for me was when Zalenka comes barrelling out of the transporter and lands against a column.

Watch the whole darn thing wobble.

Aethon
January 20th, 2008, 01:47 AM
yea, this was a great line..but, what is the importance of 42 being the answer to the question of life, the universe, and everything? whats the reference for this?

That line is from ''The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy'' a super computer takes like a million years or something to calculate the answer to the ultimate question of life universe and everything or something and the computer replies ''42''.

toomanysides
January 20th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Carter: I wish I had one of you pigeons right now.
Zelenka:They're not for eating.

OaTmEaLfAiRy
January 20th, 2008, 04:06 PM
I loved the following, "There's no windows." line, I actually said outloud, "There's no pigeons either."

monkey_man132
January 20th, 2008, 05:28 PM

I don't understand that one, can someone help? :(

Jumper_One
January 20th, 2008, 05:30 PM
I don't understand that one, can someone help? :(

what's not to understand?

monkey_man132
January 20th, 2008, 05:35 PM
The last part I mean,

Y is that funny/clever/etc.?

Redhooks
January 20th, 2008, 05:40 PM
That line is from ''The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy'' a super computer takes like a million years or something to calculate the answer to the ultimate question of life universe and everything or something and the computer replies ''42''.

The last part I mean,

Look at the first post I quoted and it gives you the answer. It is about five posts above your post.

Jumper_One
January 20th, 2008, 05:40 PM
The last part I mean,

have you ever seen 'The hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy'? anyway check out what ZampraZ posted ;)

Hypochondriac
January 20th, 2008, 05:43 PM
I find it funny because they made a super computer to determine the answer. It took a few thousand years to calculate. When they came back for the answer the computer said 42. So basically they waited a few thousand years just to here 42. Someone could probably explain it better

monkey_man132
January 20th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Ah, i started that book , never finished,a nd dont remember muchf rom it :(. i get it now, thankx :)

I thought the part about mckays ego was great thgough lol.

Jumper_One
January 20th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Ah, i started that book , never finished,a nd dont remember muchf rom it :(. i get it now, thankx :)

I thought the part about mckays ego was great thgough lol.

if you don't like books watch the movie ;)

Avenger
January 20th, 2008, 05:56 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Answer_to_Life%2C_the_Universe%2C_and_Everything

For anyone that wants further reading on "42".

Dena Jo
January 20th, 2008, 07:02 PM
I loved John's deadpan delivery of second base. I'm still laughing over it.

Ezi_May
January 20th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Rodney: Can you keep a secret?
Sheppard: No.
Then Rodney shows him the ring anyway.

ranlynn
January 21st, 2008, 12:09 PM
"42...The answer to life, the universe, and everything"

Oh God, when I heard that I just about bust a gut laughing.

ranlynn
January 21st, 2008, 12:17 PM
Yeah, I loved that one too. I loved the little headshake he did right after it happened.

Good ones

After Ronon and Keller get trapped:
Keller: We could take the time to get to know one another better.
Ronon: What'd you have in mind?

Before lockdown:
Katie: I gave it a little TLC, and it just keeps getting bigger and BIGGER...

Rodney, you moron! Way to miss her wanting to jump your bones.:D Ah well, I've done the same thing myself, so I can't be too mad with him.

*snort* The writers sure had a great time with all the 'in' jokes, geek jokes and innuendos (visual & verbal).

wise one
January 21st, 2008, 01:56 PM
sometime after lockdown;

sheppard looks at teyla belly

teyla: what??

sheppard: its just that everytime one of these things happens in the movies..the pregnaut women always go into labour

teyla: im still along way from my due date

sheppard: thats the same thing in the movies and then WHAM

another was zelenka looking a carter chest..haha

lightbringer
January 21st, 2008, 02:02 PM
the 42 thing is just classic for the look on teylas face afterwards trying to understand what it means
for those that dont know,a race of aliens built a supercomputer and asked it to calculate the answer the unlitmate question of life the univers and everything, it answered 42, the aliens asked what kind of answer if was and the machine replied well it would of helped to have the accutal question and not a description of it

zalenka was just brilliant in this, he needs to be a main character

Maya
January 21st, 2008, 02:17 PM
Love the 42 reference and Radek in the vents but also Ronon stroking the Oxygen tank and grinning "Flammable"
:ronan:

MIZA
January 21st, 2008, 04:43 PM
Absolutely. That cracked me up.

you know what bugged me he wouldn't have hurt himself or have came out head first if he just , pushed his body all the way into the next vent then pushed himself back and went feet first came down slowly and landed on his feet , at least that is the way i would have done it , i mean because that looked kind of painful the way he fell

Amalthea
January 22nd, 2008, 01:25 PM
Ronon: *growly* What?

In response to Teyla and John giving him eyes when Keller sat down.

Cien
January 22nd, 2008, 03:42 PM
I loved the Line by Ronin "I guess that door is stronger than a shark", when they try to blow the Infirmary doors with the oxygen tank. (In ref. to Jaws and Myth Busters). I love it when the have a laugh at themselves and other shows!

authorfan
January 22nd, 2008, 07:24 PM
Coming out of deep lurk to join this conversation with only third post ever. I vote for the '42' comment also. As far as John being a closet geek, remember he's kind of a math whiz. Remember the episode where Rodney invited him to join their Mensa club?

http://www.susankelleyauthor.com

sg1adam
January 23rd, 2008, 05:49 AM
As with others, for me it was Zalenka muttering to himself in Czech. Those scenes always make me giggle.

InUtero
January 23rd, 2008, 06:44 AM
So many parts of that episode made me laugh. But the best one has to be the 42 coment. :sheppard:

Emme
January 23rd, 2008, 04:39 PM
Gotta be Radek falling from the grate. Haven't Laughed that hard at Atlantis since, well Rodney being pushed off that balcony by Shep in Hide and seek. I was laughing so much I had to pause it untill I had calmed down.
I really expected him to slide down hero style. Being all gracefull and what have you. I honestly didn't see it coming and I usually do.

Atlantis1
January 23rd, 2008, 05:30 PM
I really can't choose a favorite. There were so many. :sheppard: :zelenka25:

Clairey
January 25th, 2008, 06:25 AM
I loved the Zelekna stuff, he's great character that always makes me laugh. I liked the fact that to turn off the self destuct and unlock all the doors they had to turn the city off and then back on again. Taking a note from the John Sheppard book of computer maintanence.

Opener
January 25th, 2008, 10:40 PM
*snort* The writers sure had a great time with all the 'in' jokes, geek jokes and innuendos (visual & verbal).
Well y'know(spoiling this just in case someone doesn't know about the general intent of TPTB for this season), if this is supposed to be a dark season, then I quite like episodes like this, that have some humor and innuendo in them. I like a show that isn;t afraid to just cut loose and have some fun once in a while.

Gate-builder
February 2nd, 2008, 12:35 AM
"Never underestimate the size of that mans ego." Soooo true!

shep's girl
February 5th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Carter: I wish I had one of you pigeons right now.
Zelenka:They're not for eating.

My fav line too!

Munchkin
February 7th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Lots of funny lines in this one. One of my favorites:

Ronon: Got any C4 in here?

Keller: In the Infirmary???

Also this one:

Lorne to Sheppard: I don't get it. Why would you arm the self destruct?

leeman15251
April 8th, 2008, 05:57 AM

best one

Krissie678
June 11th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Just found this thread. That's my favorite too.:)

Opener
June 19th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Yeah, I thought she seemed a bit too eager when she asked him how it happened.:D

DrJenniferDex
August 7th, 2008, 10:21 PM
For me, every exchange between Jennifer and Ronon was awesome in this(obvious reasons), but I also love when Lorne is handing Sheppard his C4, and Sheppard asks, "Is that all you've got?" like Lorne should be carrying around a crate of it.