Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AoT seems like the last episode of Season 10...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AoT seems like the last episode of Season 10...

Well, I finally saw it...and...well....it was good, but too me it seemed like it would have been better as a Mini-Series to end the series. Really, it was great SG fun, but it just doesn't seem to me that they should have made it into a movie. Just a mini-series.

Plus, it would have been longer then. Anyone else thinks this?

Did this really deserve it's own thread?

Comment

the movie was crap..
      the story was ****, the wrighters wanted a quick end for the story line.
      Not one ****ing (epic) space battle.. the whole movie was one big disappointment. The way they found the ark was stupid, all of the sudden the ancients are telling daniel were it is... =_=' cmon!!! No spacebattle, i didn't even see the weapon used in the official trailer of the movie (was it a shot from the series??) And dont let me get started about the bloody end! Even without the special effects it blew.

Still i'm gonne buy this movie, i just hope future movies will be better.
      Study the great, they wil enlighten your soul

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
        Well, I finally saw it...and...well....it was good, but too me it seemed like it would have been better as a Mini-Series to end the series. Really, it was great SG fun, but it just doesn't seem to me that they should have made it into a movie. Just a mini-series.

Why not post it in the AOT (un)Official thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
          Why not post it in the AOT (un)Official thread?
          I dunno. But I still feel like it should have been the end of Season 10..

Comment

I agree, it could have been a 2 parter finale, and made the season 22 episodes. But they didn't have time to do it when the season ran. It was ok, not that great really. TV movie at best.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
              I agree, it could have been a 2 parter finale, and made the season 22 episodes. But they didn't have time to do it when the season ran. It was ok, not that great really. TV movie at best.
              Or 7 million spare...

Comment

I agree. As absolutely awesome as the movie was, they could have split it up into a 3 episode mini-series and it would have been even cooler.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Well, if the producers of the show had their way, there would have been season 11 to tie everything up.

Unfortunately, the decision by Sci-Fi to cancel the show tied their hands. Sci-Fi wasn't willing to fund a miniseries at least at terms that MGM found suitable. It's all about the financing. SciFi wouldn't pony up, so MGM decided on a format that would at least recoup their investment somewhat quickly: Direct to DVD movie.

The movie length is roughly the same as 2 episodes without commercials. I expect that it will air on TV eventually in a 2-hour TV movie format which should earn MGM a few more bucks too.

So if you're asking what I would have preferred from a creative standpoint, it would have been a season 11. As the situation was though, I'm glad they went the path they did because it is probably their best path to being able to show enough profit for MGM to fund them to do more in the future.
                  The Characters from Bloom County were located to another world where they could live in Peace and avoid the wrath of Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

Here's a photo of Bill the Cat hanging out by the gate waiting for more partying supplies:

Comment

Working...
                  X