Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hitchhikers guide in SGA!(spoilers or quarantine)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitchhikers guide in SGA!(spoilers or quarantine)

When Sheppard types Mckay's password it has newtons birth year, Einstein's birth year his birth year. also at the end is 42. as sheppard pointed out 42 is the answer to life the universe and everything. this id from hitch hiker's guide to the galaxy. McKay's a Douglas Adams fan. that's just funny
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
    When Sheppard types Mckay's password it has newtons birth year, Einstein's birth year his birth year. also at the end is 42. as sheppard pointed out 42 is the answer to life the universe and everything. this id from hitch hiker's guide to the galaxy. McKay's a Douglas Adams fan. that's just funny
    and the writers
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
      I didn't get it though I hate that movie.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        In reality it's very little to do with the movie.
        The story is really all about the books.

Comment

It's not the first time they've done it. They just had Shep point it out this time.
          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

The book is far better.

Regardless, 42 resonates in scifi geekdom.
            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
              The book is far better.
              The Book(s) is awesome. Douglas Adams was a wonderful writer, he wrote/contributed to many Doctor Who eps back in the day... I miss him, they don't write clever, witty scifi like that much anymore. Well Doctor Who aside.

I like that McKay (tptb) respect DA enough to use "42" as part of McKay's password. I bet David got a kick out of it too, being a Doctor Who fan and all.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                The book is far better.

Regardless, 42 resonates in scifi geekdom.
                Book? Bunch of Jonny-come-latelys. The radio series is the original and best.
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                  It's not the first time they've done it. They just had Shep point it out this time.
                  True. Shep mentioned it in Doppelganger, but only in passing. This time he explained it.

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                  Book? Bunch of Jonny-come-latelys. The radio series is the original and best.
                  Yeah, once I was lost in the wilds of Montana in my SUV with that radio series on tape, end even though we didn't have a freakin' clue where we were, we laughed the whole time. A lot of authors don't read their stuff very well, but he sure did!

Comment

Ditto!

Comment

DA did a book reading of "Mostly Harmless" in Philly when the book first came out... A friend of mine who also is a fan wasn't able to go, but I went anyway and I'm very glad I did. I just looked at my book, and it was back in 92. Yikes!!

It was very cool that Shepard explained 42. Not that she would understand.... much like when he told that woman on the Wraith ship about the clowns...

-R

Comment

That's like saying Lord of The Rings sucks because you hated the movies.

In case you didn't know, the movie came after the book/s
                        My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post

...and the problem with that is?

Comment

This is how you should ingest Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

1) the books

2) if you need to see it, watch the 12 part (or was it 13?) part that was shown on PBS about 10-20 years ago. Have no idea if it's available on tape/dvd, but it was GREAT

3) last resort - the movie

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post

I see your point. I love the LOTR books and movies but didn't know this was a book. I'll give that a try as the movie was very, very bad.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X