Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goa'uld (Possible Spoilers)

The Goa'uld.
    I just have a few questions that need answering for the purpose of "A" Curiosity "B" for some fan-fiction im writting.

Q1.Goa'uld reproduction: How exacly do the Goa'uld reproduce? Through sexual reprodution or A Sexualy; which would exlplain there large numbers and somewhat explain their genetic memories.
    Though from what iv'e seen it basicly shows either can be done depending on wether a host is involved or atleast a mate. The Sexual Reproduction theory comes from the episode "HATHOR" but a dont exactly get how it could be achieved with out the birth of a Harsesis though Hathor did have offspring which where some how also Daniel Jacksons. And the A Sexual facts originate from "CURE" from when you find out the Tokra queen Egiria had been giving birth for 50years or so with out a mate or... as Jack put it: A man friend.

Q2. The Queens: Is a queen strictly needed for reproduction? I'd assume so for their the only symbiote with a gender (As said by the Tokra: The symbiote itself has no gender).
    And also how is a queen concieved? I assume its a rather different proccess or the Tokra would't be in their current position of extinction.

I could ask many more questions but none seem to stump as theese ones.

For any one who wonders why I might ask these questions is simply for a chapter in my Fan-fic which brings me to my final and easiest question.
    What would a Goa'uld breeding ground be called?
    Nest, Hive ect. At the moment I'm just calling them Goa'uld nesting grounds.
    Last edited by PureMarksman; 18 January 2008, 08:36 AM. Reason: A few mistakes
    Pure.

this answers both questions in 1 go

yes a queen is needed because they reproduce thrugh self fertalisation

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
      this answers both questions in 1 go

yes a queen is needed because they reproduce thrugh self fertalisation
      Ok then what was up with the hole HATHOR & Daniel thing? Thats what mainly confusses me! Aswell why Egira didnt spawn a queen to help the Tokra. Is a differnt process required?
      Regardless thanks for the help
      Pure.

Comment

Originally posted by PureMarksman View Post
        Ok then what was up with the hole HATHOR & Daniel thing? Thats what mainly confusses me! Aswell why Egira didnt spawn a queen to help the Tokra. Is a differnt process required?
        Regardless thanks for the help
        I believe Hathor wanted a copy of our DNA so she could create Jaffa. Without it our bodies would reject many of them.

Comment

I believe Hathor slightly modified the Goa'uld DNA to make it more compatible with human hosts. Before that many hosts rejected their symbiont's

Comment

The queen self-fretalizes herself.

Comment

Originally posted by Durgia View Post
              I believe Hathor slightly modified the Goa'uld DNA to make it more compatible with human hosts. Before that many hosts rejected their symbiont's
              Yes.

Symbiote#Goa'uld Queens and Reproduction - StargateWiki

Comment

Thanks Jeffala this beats the hell out of anything I found on a wiki.
                Pure.

Comment

Working...
                X