Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of enemy you think we need to counteract our power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of enemy you think we need to counteract our power?

Atlantis would get really boring if we win all of the time. What do you think our new enemy needs to be strong enough to not make us the most powerful. It could be technology military skills population anything that would effect a war. Do you want them to be equal to us in any of these or all of these or superior.
    sigpic

maybe a race that hid their entire self in a nother dimension when the ancients first arrived, so they have no info on them at all. so millions of years of tech and how about having them able to shift in out of our 4 dimensions with ease. Main problem we will have is getting to the dimension they populate safely then searching the entire galaxy for their home world. Then truely grueling space battles and serious upgrades are gonna be needed on sensors to detect their ships.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
      maybe a race that hid their entire self in a nother dimension when the ancients first arrived, so they have no info on them at all. so millions of years of tech and how about having them able to shift in out of our 4 dimensions with ease. Main problem we will have is getting to the dimension they populate safely then searching the entire galaxy for their home world. Then truely grueling space battles and serious upgrades are gonna be needed on sensors to detect their ships.
      Hm good Idea. I think that might be a little too powerful.They are going to end up being dumbed down like other advance races. I think there should be a cost the race pays to travel between the dimensions. Oh and we could use merlins phase device to get to their dimensions.
      sigpic

Comment

The next race does not need to be more powerful just smarter.

Comment

i think it would be interesting if they have to relearn physics of a new dimension
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by !!?? View Post
            Atlantis would get really boring if we win all of the time. What do you think our new enemy needs to be strong enough to not make us the most powerful. It could be technology military skills population anything that would effect a war. Do you want them to be equal to us in any of these or all of these or superior.
            Honestly the enemies they have now should be too much for them even with all the wanktech. It's not the enemies that need to get better it's how the enemies are written.

Don't make them so stupid. You could still make the Goa'uld a very credible threat if you wrote them better.

All earth has going for it is a handful of ships with some nice technology and a massive shield of plot to protect them regardless of circumstances. Weaken the shield of plot a bit and we'll get something that doesn't feel like a videogame with god mode turned on anymore.

It's still basically a secret branch of the US military vs various entire alien galaxies. It's ridiculous to realize that it seems like the Americans are too powerful for their current foes, though I'd agree that is the impression given.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
              Honestly the enemies they have now should be too much for them even with all the wanktech. It's not the enemies that need to get better it's how the enemies are written.

Don't make them so stupid. You could still make the Goa'uld a very credible threat if you wrote them better.

All earth has going for it is a handful of ships with some nice technology and a massive shield of plot to protect them regardless of circumstances. Weaken the shield of plot a bit and we'll get something that doesn't feel like a videogame with god mode turned on anymore.

It's still basically a secret branch of the US military vs various entire alien galaxies. It's ridiculous to realize that it seems like the Americans are too powerful for their current foes, though I'd agree that is the impression given.
              The only enemy left is the wraith and they have very few ships left.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by !!?? View Post
                The only enemy left is the wraith and they have very few ships left.
                So let them use one of them to tow a mile wide asteroid at Atlantis at .5c.

What about Earth's uberships? Well I guess fighting them with actual weapons is out now because of the godmode code but I wonder what effect a cruiser ramming into one at full speed would have.

Do all of the above and you've basically removed Earth's pressence from the Pegasus galaxy and that's just what I could come up with in two sentances. Once you stop and get into them actually using the tech they have properly they could build a ship that would bend a 304 over easily.

Just by letting a hiveship launch waves of those hyperspace capable scoutships from a few lightyears away loaded with nothing other than simple kinetic impact missiles, or hell even big rocks, you would enable 1 of them to kill all 3 of the human ships. That's the lowest tech imaginable, the only difference is brains are applied in how it's used for once.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                  So let them use one of them to tow a mile wide asteroid at Atlantis at .5c.

What about Earth's uberships? Well I guess fighting them with actual weapons is out now because of the godmode code but I wonder what effect a cruiser ramming into one at full speed would have.

Do all of the above and you've basically removed Earth's pressence from the Pegasus galaxy and that's just what I could come up with in two sentances. Once you stop and get into them actually using the tech they have properly they could build a ship that would bend a 304 over easily.

Just by letting a hiveship launch waves of those hyperspace capable scoutships from a few lightyears away loaded with nothing other than simple kinetic impact missiles, or hell even big rocks, you would enable 1 of them to kill all 3 of the human ships. That's the lowest tech imaginable, the only difference is brains are applied in how it's used for once.
                  The wraith don't know the location of Atlantis. The 304s may be able to destroy the meteor and if it cant atlantis could destroy it. The 304s also have more technology that they could be equipped with. The phase device that allows them to switch between dimensions. They could jump into hyperspace if a ships is about to ram them. Plus i think there will be many more 304/305s soon. The wraith are almost gone. The only way i could see them becoming strong again is if they create more hives/cruisers. The upgraded Apollo/Daedalus could easily take out the hives/cruisers now that there isnt as much as a outnumbering problem. Even if they are destroyed Atlantis has withstood more than that.
                  sigpic

Comment

i think Dr. Weirs replicators will cause some damage

Comment

I think it would be cool to see and advanced race from another galaxy make a pilgrimage to Atlantis, similar to what th Ancients did. And they make their home on Lantea. We run into them, and for some reason they are distrustful of us.

They aren't bad guys, btw, but they consider us "Children of the Alterans" and while the Ancients were coming to the MW Galaxy, they fought this advanced race -- for one reason or another (maybe they went on a planet or something?).

:-D I think it would be cool.

Or even better. We find a new sect of Asgard, ones who didn't clone (there are humans all over the place, why not many "Asgard" all over the place? But these fella's are bad...

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                        that would be pretty interesting. But I don't think we could go into a higher or lower dimension. Physicists theorise that there are any where from 10-23 of them, that we can't percieve.
                        Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                          The next race does not need to be more powerful just smarter.
                          Precisely!!!!!!!!!!

Any enemy could be a good foil. The Asurans easily had that with all the uber, uber advanced tech that they had.

The Wraith defeated the Lanteans. So should easily have been capable of doing it. Since they're still around, then they still actually could make them smarter, meaning more dangerous!

Ori, Wraith, Goa'uld, Asurans......

All had the capability, but eventually were turned into nothing more than jokes & cliches!

All will be destroyed easily & well before their time with an uber weapon or uber plan that they pull out of thin air!

Any enemy could be done well, but it needs good writers. While I'm sure the Atlantis guys can knock out a good script or 2 per season. They simply aren't good enough to do it for a full season, season by season. So even if a new enemy comes into Atlantis next season. They'll start off scary, but ultimtaely end up nothing more than a glorified joke.....intensified by cheesy writing.

Comment

not much point of introducing a race let them almost wipe out earth then find a weakness at the last second. that would seem even more bizzaire. what about the furlings and are there not wraith in other galaxy's?

Comment

Maybe the new enemy will be less technologically than us (maybe, Goa'uld level) but they have military structure similar to real life earth and their armies are larger than the combined army of Earth and they have a fleet larger than the System lord. Their military strategy were similar to us, but they were under a unified command their military science were developed for thousands of year similar to Earth... Their armies have also tanks and their foot soldiers uses energy weapons.

Comment

Working...
                              X