Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ratings may be cause to no ninth season ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ratings may be cause to no ninth season ...

http://www.gateworld.net/news/rating...97697167,69294,

Ratings are hurt this season after finding out that "may be cause" equals bad connotation. *sniff* ... ( )

Those are the syndication ratings of season 7...

Comment

I personally would love a season nine, as I'm relatively new to Stargate.

However

Maybe it would be a good idea for the show to go out on a high note.

Season seven wasn't well recieved by everyone, and the opinion of most long-time Gaters I know, is that it was nowhere near as good as previous seasons.

Season eight has also had a mixed reaction.

Maybe it is time for SG1 to bow out.

Here's hoping Moebius has lots of great team action!!!!!
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

As Osiris pointed out, those are ratings for Season 7 in Syndication...

Maybe that means they won't have a Season 8!!

The ratings for S8 are up from last year on Sci-Fi, and we won't know the syndication ratings for S8 for another year +, and that won't matter.
        O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
        Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by Ramne
          The ratings for S8 are up from last year on Sci-Fi, and we won't know the syndication ratings for S8 for another year +, and that won't matter.
          The ratings for SG1 and Atlantis are both blockbusters for SciFi, kinda doubt that would be any reason for not ordering another season.

Maybe you should wait like the rest of us and stop posting threads with not particularly well considered theories about the cause of there being no season nine when all indications are that THEY DON'T KNOW YET!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
            Maybe you should wait like the rest of us and stop posting threads with not particularly well considered theories about the cause of there being no season nine when all indications are that THEY DON'T KNOW YET!
            While you have a point, it's not like there's a new episode to talk about. This is kinda what people are thinking about so let them express it, but a nice sticky thread on "Season Nine Theories" wouldn't be a bad idea.
            Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
              While you have a point, it's not like there's a new episode to talk about. This is kinda what people are thinking about so let them express it, but a nice sticky thread on "Season Nine Theories" wouldn't be a bad idea.
              Probably not. I'm just really not thrilled that the same person who started a thread yesterday blaming AT for there being no season 9 is now pointing to a ratings article that he obviously didn't read that closely.

Maybe I was more blunt than I should have been, but it stands.

Comment

I am always for people being more blunt
                O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
                Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
                  Those are the syndication ratings of season 7...
                  Dang it, I had saw September 20, 2004 in the article and I guess my eyes substituted the word eight for the word seven. Bummer, that totally kills the joke I was trying to make.

Comment

The ratings for SG1 and Atlantis are both blockbusters for SciFi, kinda doubt that would be any reason for not ordering another season.

The point of the AT thread was so people could consider/ponder/ ... etc..... and therefore I believe I have very solid grounds for starting the AT thread.

This one was simply a joke because people were mad at the AT thread's title. But I kinda ruined my own joke obviously ....

Comment

Probably not. I'm just really not thrilled that the same person who started a thread yesterday blaming AT for there being no season 9 is now pointing to a ratings article that he obviously didn't read that closely.

Maybe I was more blunt than I should have been, but it stands.

Actually, I didn't think your blunt statements were blunt enough and were some what laughable. That's why I started this joke thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramne
                        I am always for people being more blunt
                        me too

Comment

Bravo! Yes, it's no reason to start getting all negative yet, because they haven't announced anything, for either series (and Atlantis getting renewed is pretty much a given); so instead of blaming this and that early, we should really wait and see. In the end, if it isn't renewed, the main factor will most likely come to how much money Sci-Fi has available, than anything else. While we do have the consolation of the story still continuing regardless because of the movie plans, another season would be much better, as the odds are pretty slim for them continuing on certain plot threads w/ 20 or so movies.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Bloodaxe
                            Bravo! Yes, it's no reason to start getting all negative yet, because they haven't announced anything, for either series (and Atlantis getting renewed is pretty much a given); so instead of blaming this and that early, we should really wait and see. In the end, if it isn't renewed, the main factor will most likely come to how much money Sci-Fi has available, than anything else. While we do have the consolation of the story still continuing regardless because of the movie plans, another season would be much better, as the odds are pretty slim for them continuing on certain plot threads w/ 20 or so movies.

-Bloodaxe
                            you really should read the whole thread before you post .... If you did read it, I'm sorry, but you obviously missed something posted below the first few.

Comment

Let's all try to be civil shall we? It's perfectly alright to disagree with someone's thread and/or posts but let's keep the criticism constructive.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Working...
                              X