Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beyond Atlantis (Possibly 3rd Series Plot?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beyond Atlantis (Possibly 3rd Series Plot?)

Since the Stargate franchise is really taking off, what are your thoughts on a premise of a possible series 3? Pure speculation here folks...

I've always thought it would be cool to have a team stranded on a planet where the stargate breaks and they can't fix it and they can't call an Asgard ship or Earth ship home. Yeah, the basic plot of Infinity with a Hitchker's kinda twist also. Might be interesting to explore more of the galaxy without any Ancient weapons, or much technology, and certainly no knolwedge of the area. Keeping true to Infinity plot, they can return home but don't because of political issues and possibly spies. They need to figure out what has happened and fight a new enemy. They can visit old SG-1 worlds, which wouldn't have been visted for a while, and be true universe renegads.

LOL, just thinking about stuff tonight...

If they ever did another spinoff, I'd like to see Stargate: Origins. Either dealing with the implementation of the gate system in our part of the universe or with the original uprising on Earth. Or possibly tie the two into each other.

Plus, of course, I'm kinda stunned they didn't do SG: Jaffa Rebellion. When they announced a spinoff, I was sure that's what it'd be about. But hey, Atlantis could work.

Comment

I can't see an origins series being made (unfortunatly) but I reckon a TV movie/feature length special would be more likely.

It is a pity about Infinity, a possible good concept ruined by futuristic uniforms, stupid ancients and weird people...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

personally i woundn't really care what a third spin-off was based on, im a gateaholic, but what i would not like to see is a spin-off based on a starship of some kind that would be crossing the line since that idea has been used to death. I agree with the prequal idea though origins would be greate the story-arc of the anciants has always been my favorite aspect

Comment

If it was far enough in the future (well, not neccessarily) there could be another series set in the SGC, but with new teams, several teams... I dunno, I'm just brainstorming here...

Perhaps some sort of Space station? Then a team could get lost and the Replicators turn up each week, but are defeated with sticks!.... oh, and then they could do a prequel set before SG-1 about the first missions through the gate in the 1940s... canon? Screw canon!

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
            If it was far enough in the future (well, not neccessarily) there could be another series set in the SGC, but with new teams, several teams... I dunno, I'm just brainstorming here...

Perhaps some sort of Space station? Then a team could get lost and the Replicators turn up each week, but are defeated with sticks!.... oh, and then they could do a prequel set before SG-1 about the first missions through the gate in the 1940s... canon? Screw canon!
            *plays star trek music in the backround*

A Stargate on the moon series! It could happen. The Jaffa rebelion thing would be cool, but they had this idea for the spinoff for years so it might not have worked. It's a really good idea through, something completely different because Star Trek sucks now because all five shows were basicly the same thing. They should have made a series based on an other race, but oh well.
            It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

is stargate infinity considered a "stargate franchise series"? i mean they had a stargate...though the show was the most hideous thing i ever saw [yes i'm comparing it to other "little kid shows" or "deep moral shows" (each episode had a moral to it...don't cheat, don't steal, don't give up...)]...but that is quite besides the point. the overall plot of the show was good...it was just every episode i had issues with.
              My flickr photography.

Comment

Must say that the only other series of SG I would really like to see would be one about the Origins, and the original wars amongst the Goa'uld when they were dominant on Earth. However, making a series out of this would be rather tricky IMO...

Comment

Stargate Infinity is not considered Stargate Canon, the writers had nothing to do with it, and like most people, pretend it never happened.
                  It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

For now it is too early to think about another spin-off. However i think there should be:
                    a movie where sg1 and a-team join together to move on form sg1 to atlantis
                    then a movie where we see the four races, building of all the gates, earth history, and more about Asgard and Anchients, may be even disclose Ferlings info
                    then may proceed with another spin-off, which would be about red stargates...umm that's kinda stupid....another galaxy would not work for next spin-off, they'll need another idea, my movie ideas can't be used for a series, it'd be boring...so...

Comment

Maybe that's a better idea: instead of another spinoff, have a series of movies instead. That way we can cover the Origins and Uprising and Jaffa Rebellion and all the other ideas.

I'm still waiting for them to discover a stargate in the "pyramod" on Mars.

Comment

Originally posted by KayMan2k
                        Since the Stargate franchise is really taking off, what are your thoughts on a premise of a possible series 3? Pure speculation here folks...

I've always thought it would be cool to have a team stranded on a planet where the stargate breaks and they can't fix it and they can't call an Asgard ship or Earth ship home. Yeah, the basic plot of Infinity with a Hitchker's kinda twist also. Might be interesting to explore more of the galaxy without any Ancient weapons, or much technology, and certainly no knolwedge of the area. Keeping true to Infinity plot, they can return home but don't because of political issues and possibly spies. They need to figure out what has happened and fight a new enemy. They can visit old SG-1 worlds, which wouldn't have been visted for a while, and be true universe renegads.

LOL, just thinking about stuff tonight...
                        How about Stargate-SGC....with a larger ensemble and new faces including more international teams.
                        Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
                          How about Stargate-SGC....with a larger ensemble and new faces including more international teams.
                          more ditales pls...new enemies? allies? technology?

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
                            Only if includes more interaction with folks like Chevron Guy and Siler and Luke.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              Only if includes more interaction with folks like Chevron Guy and Siler and Luke.
                              They form their own team with the silent technician, Martin Wood, and have adventures throughout the galaxy!

Comment

Working...
                              X