This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arthur the Once and Future King?

In "Camelot" it was implied that King Arthur might still be alive and well and return soon. Yet all the "Ark of Truth" promo stuff hasn't mentioned the good king at all! All this Arthurian style setting has to culminate in the return of the Knights of the Round Table. Doesn't it?

P.S. If you're going to post spoilers, hide them!

It would surprise me if they revisited Arthurian mythology, I can't see them reusing it with anything other than the Ori arc, which ends in The Ark Of Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      It would surprise me if they revisited Arthurian mythology, I can't see them reusing it with anything other than the Ori arc, which ends in The Ark Of Truth.
      I agree, it is unlikly that anything more of Arthur will be mentioned in SG1... Maybe if there had been an 11th season there might have been more Arthurian legend, possibly even his appearance... we'll never know now though...

Comment

disappointed that they never followed through on the arthur stuff... probably would have made ark of truth more interesting if they did.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
          disappointed that they never followed through on the arthur stuff... probably would have made ark of truth more interesting if they did.
          Yeah I agree...

Comment

to be fair they only had ~90 mins to wrap up the orii storyline so i'm not really surprised they didn't revisit everything mentioned in the series.
            i'm just glad they wrapped it up really, i wasn't particularly keen on the Arthurian mythology. it wasn't a bad idea, i think it could've been done better.
            sigpic
            http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
            http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
              to be fair they only had ~90 mins to wrap up the orii storyline so i'm not really surprised they didn't revisit everything mentioned in the series.
              i'm just glad they wrapped it up really, i wasn't particularly keen on the Arthurian mythology. it wasn't a bad idea, i think it could've been done better.
              I found the use of Arthurian legends a bit sketchy, there's alot that could have come from it but as you say they only had like 97 minutes to conclude the Ori story in AoT... *If only there had been an 11th season*

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
                to be fair they only had ~90 mins to wrap up the orii storyline
                yeah, but they wasted at least a quarter of that time on lame IOA/replicater stuff. easily could have had arthur in there instead.

Comment

(based off of my opinion before watching the movie) Unless Merlin did some heavy interfering and prolonged the lifespan of Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table with centuries, I don't think we'll ever see them (at least not alive).

Heck, even Merlin had to be frozen, so he himself wasn't immortal. Why would Arthur and his Knights be? And as far as we know, Merlin is the only Ancient to have Descended in order to defeat the Ori (hence Arthur and his Knights should be human).

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                    (based off of my opinion before watching the movie) Unless Merlin did some heavy interfering and prolonged the lifespan of Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table with centuries, I don't think we'll ever see them (at least not alive).

Heck, even Merlin had to be frozen, so he himself wasn't immortal. Why would Arthur and his Knights be? And as far as we know, Merlin is the only Ancient to have Descended in order to defeat the Ori (hence Arthur and his Knights should be human).
                    Yeah I see what you mean, I only wish there had been more use of the myth they were building on...

Comment

Seeing more about Arthur would have been nice, but I was pleased with what we got in AOT.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Im not surprised that it wasnt touched and probably won't be touched again. I think they said that they planned more for the Arthurian Legends but for the next season which sadly never happened.

Wasnt it said that Arthur ascended or something? However, that being the case, it might have been possible that he had some descendents and Knights who continued his work. I mean it was said that Merlin created several Medieval Human colonies through the Stargate.

Unfortunately, I don't think we will hear from this again.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I hope Stargate Universe returns to the mythological roots. Atlantis hasn't tried at all

Comment

First, I'm just... so sorry for you DeRoest. Lower your standards a tad and it may work for you.

Secondly... people, can't you read when one asks NO SPOILERS?
                            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                            X