Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request for the2 movies 2 b released simultaneously in Australia as in North America

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request for the2 movies 2 b released simultaneously in Australia as in North America

To who it may concern.

I would like to request that SG1 CONTINUUM and Ark OF Truth
    to be released simultaneously in Australia as it is in the USA/ Canada and EU. SO we are not forced to wait months. Unlike that free to air tv station that delays the airing of Stargate Atlantas in Australia, I cant mention names becuase of professional reasons.

Cheers
    Jackson4Atlantas
    Jackson 4 Atlanta’s (i had that forum nic, but cant get the password for it, and all the emails I enter come back as not registered)

I don't know about simultaneously - but Ark of Truth has already been released in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Tanganyka, Malawi, Kiribatu...
    And I think by April, May at the latest Continuum will be too...

Comment

Mate do you mean its in stores across Australia?
      Jackson 4 Atlanta’s (i had that forum nic, but cant get the password for it, and all the emails I enter come back as not registered)

Comment

Originally posted by mgf View Post
        To who it may concern.

to be released simultaneously in Australia as it is in the USA/ Canada and EU. SO we are not forced to wait months. Unlike that free to air tv station that delays the airing of Stargate Atlantas in Australia, I cant mention names becuase of professional reasons.

Cheers
        Jackson4Atlantas
        I believe AoT and Continuum will be released worldwide, on both Amazon *US* and *UK* AoT is listed as region 0 and to me that is a good indication that they want to release the Direct2DvD movie without all the hassle of regional coding...

Originally posted by silkie View Post
        I don't know about simultaneously - but Ark of Truth has already been released in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Tanganyka, Malawi, Kiribatu...
        And I think by April, May at the latest Continuum will be too...
        There is now way AoT has already been released as the Official release date is 11th March 2008 and Continuum is still TBC(sometime in the summer *July maybe*)

Mate do you mean its in stores across Australia?
        I would suggest checking a good online store over there (Amazon or similar), the film should be on at least one site as it is on quite a few in the US/Canada and Uk/Europe...

Comment

Ark of Truth has no release date for Australia ( http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/797962 ), and as of yet has NOT been avaliable for sale in any store around here. It is likely, however, it will be released on or near the US release date.

Comment

I would like to see a Hungarian subtitle on the German or UK version of AoT.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
              There is now way AoT has already been released as the Official release date is 11th March 2008 and Continuum is still TBC(sometime in the summer *July maybe*)
              By "release" silkie meant the leak, which was TOTALLY WORLDWIDE...

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
                By "release" silkie meant the leak, which was TOTALLY WORLDWIDE...
                Ahh... ok, thanks for the update

Comment

Yes, AOT will not be released on the 11th March in Australia (Region 4), but we won't have to wait months, instead it will be more likely 3-4 weeks after the March 11th release, which shouldn't be too bad
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi Everyone,

My contact at Fox has a March date for Ark and an October date for Continuum. SGA S4 should be coming out in September.

Zyl
                    With bony hands I hold my partner/ On soulless feet we cross the floor/ The music stops as if to answer/ An empty knocking at the door/ It seems his skin was sweet as mango/ When last I held him to my breast/ But now we dance this grim fandango/ And will for years before we rest - Grim Fandango

Comment

Originally posted by Zyl View Post
                      Hi Everyone,

My contact at Fox has a March date for Ark and an October date for Continuum. SGA S4 should be coming out in September.

Zyl
                      EzyDVD has AoT listed as April 09.
                      -

Comment

To who it may concern.

Cheers
                        Jackson4Atlantas
                        wrong and confusing
                        sigpic
                        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Will Thorne View Post
                          Ark of Truth has no release date for Australia ( http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/797962 ), and as of yet has NOT been avaliable for sale in any store around here. It is likely, however, it will be released on or near the US release date.
                          you had to be the bearer of bad news Mark.. *claps* good job!!!
                          Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                          Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Early April, at least I now know when.

Comment

I don't really understand why the films have a later release date in Australia and New Zealand at all. I can understand that SGA is slower here so SciFi can make their profit off their investment first (although it's still annoying). But doesn't it make more sense to release the films everywhere at the same time? Then there won't be the temptation for people who would otherwise buy the film if it was available to download it illegally instead. MGM gets nothing out of the situation then.

Comment

Working...
                              X