• Show
Clear All

SGA mentioned in press release on NASA

http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewsr.html?pid=26665

NASA MESSENGER Instruments Take Aim

STATUS REPORT
    Date Released: Sunday, January 13, 2008
    Source: Johns Hopkins University

MESSENGER's engineering and operations teams convened at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory in Laurel, Md., early this morning to confirm the health and readiness of the spacecraft

excerpt:

Sci-Fi Channel viewers are more likely to be familiar with Stargate Atlantis than with the likes of Admiral Fabian Gottlieb von Bellingshausen, Captain Nathaniel Palmer, Captain John Davis, and those who subsequently followed to explore Antarctica. The omnipresence of sophisticated entertainment imparts an ever-increasing need for the technical community to engage their non-technical counterparts not just in education but also simply in continuing conversation.

REST OF PRESS RELEASE AT LINK ABOVE

NASA mentions SGA? how cool is that!
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      Actually, it's NOT NASA doing the mentioning. It's an article about NASA Messenger instruments from SpaceRef (originally from John Hopkins University), that has a reference to SGA.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
        Actually, it's NOT NASA doing the mentioning. It's an article about NASA Messenger instruments from SpaceRef (originally from John Hopkins University), that has a reference to SGA.

Morjana
        you're right I saw NASA and didn't bother reading the whole article...
        sigpic

Comment

you're right I saw NASA and didn't bother reading the whole article...
          But... it's from John Hopkins. Now that's a great nod as they're a fantastic university!

Comment

I reported and made an excerpt of this very article on the Shep whump thread last night right after the email came in.

The scary thing is, Ralph McNutt Jr., Messenger's Project Scientist who wrote the article is correct. I sure didn't recognize all those names he mentioned.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
              I reported and made an excerpt of this very article on the Shep whump thread last night right after the email came in.

The scary thing is, Ralph McNutt Jr., Messenger's Project Scientist who wrote the article is correct. I sure didn't recognize all those names he mentioned.
              You did? Heck, I missed it! it popped up on Google tonight and yeah, I didn't recognize all those names either, maybe because all I see when I turn on the news is Britney. ARGH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                But... it's from John Hopkins. Now that's a great nod as they're a fantastic university!
                yeah well after making this mistake I did go back and read it pretty interesting stuff

You did? Heck, I missed it! it popped up on Google tonight and yeah, I didn't recognize all those names either, maybe because all I see when I turn on the news is Britney. ARGH!!!
                sigpic

Comment

I know John Davis.

No...wait, I was just thinking of Major Davis. Nevermind.

Comment

Strange thing, I never thought to post the info here. Good thing you're around.

yeah well after making this mistake I did go back and read it pretty interesting stuff

Jumper_One, Referring to the Britney comment, I don't think I could've said it any better.
                    sigpic

Comment

...NASA had ships called after Star Trek. How cool is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                        NASA has ships???? I thought ships were for the NAVY!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                          NASA has ships???? I thought ships were for the NAVY!

Hahaha, nice one

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                            I only know of the 'Enterprise' which was the first space shuttle even though it never left Earth
                            Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Comment

I only know of the 'Enterprise' which was the first space shuttle even though it never left Earth
                              Spoiler:
                              I believe they only had the one.

Comment

Working...
                              X