The Tau'ri and Genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tau'ri and Genocide

In the past, the SGC has been against any kind of genocidal act when it comes to fighting their enemies. They wouldn't use the symbiote poison on the Goauld and are even reluctant to use the Wraith retrovirus as a weapon. So why are they all of a sudden into the who act of genocide with their enemies? They "presumably" wiped out the entire Ori race, they destroyed the replicators, and the asurans all without a single thought.

Thoughts on the change of heart? Is it just because these beings were not "like" us, as in organic and worldly beings? Or are just just becoming more willing to wipe out entire races?
    sigpic

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
    In the past, the SGC has been against any kind of genocidal act when it comes to fighting their enemies. They wouldn't use the symbiote poison on the Goauld and are even reluctant to use the Wraith retrovirus as a weapon. So why are they all of a sudden into the who act of genocide with their enemies? They "presumably" wiped out the entire Ori race, they destroyed the replicators, and the asurans all without a single thought.

Thoughts on the change of heart? Is it just because these beings were not "like" us, as in organic and worldly beings? Or are just just becoming more willing to wipe out entire races?
    The reason they didn't want to use the symbiote poison was because it also killed Jaffa who were just slaves to the Goa'uld. That kind of collateral damage was unacceptable.
    They didn't want to use the Wraith Retrovirus because they were turning them into humans who would just be fed on.

Wiping out the Ori was really the only choice we had. Conventional weapons are useless against them. Hermiod did suggest that Merlin's weapon only cancelled them out, rather than destroying them. Although after that the weapon was always considered to be one that would destroy rather than neutralize them. I doubt we'll ever truly know what effect it had.

The Replicators and Asurans are different as they are technological mistakes. The bug Replicators are not sentient beings, whether or not the human-form Replicators or the Asurans were sentient is debatable. One could say that they were merely acting as programmed.

Comment

There's also the small issue of every single member of the Asuran race wanting to kill us and every human they can get their hands on. They can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever, until we are dead.
      It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
      --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Its just a sign of how much more of a threat the ori and the asurans were, and that the only means of attack was an all or nothing kind of atk. And amusingly in both of these examples there were survivors
        Spoiler:
        weirs replicators and adria
        Technically its not a complete genocide till there killed too

Comment

didnt
          Spoiler:
          adria die? when the ancient attacked her
          Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
          Anime signature in spoiler tag
          Spoiler:
          Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Watt about the wairht the only to win the war agenst them is by genocide

Ore gif thodd asgard cloning tech so his faction dos not need to feed on humans and clone new warriors fast and they can wipe out the rest
            sorry cant spell

Comment

Originally posted by kefke20 View Post
              Watt about the wairht the only to win the war agenst them is by genocide

Ore gif thodd asgard cloning tech so his faction dos not need to feed on humans and clone new warriors fast and they can wipe out the rest
              ^Huh??^ do you not speak English? Also there is a new technology (not really new) called spell check. My computer checks everything I type to see if I spell it right.

What is wrong with wiping out entire races that are threats to us? Do you know another way to make them stop fighting us? The Ori wanted us to worship them and the replicators wanted to destroy us because they thought the ancients made a mistake when they made us? Am I right?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Soul View Post
                ^Huh??^ do you not speak English? Also there is a new technology (not really new) called spell check. My computer checks everything I type to see if I spell it right.
                no I don’t I’m Dutch and spell check does not always work if you are dyslectic

Originally posted by Dark Soul View Post
                What is wrong with wiping out entire races that are threats to us? Do you know another way to make them stop fighting us? The Ori wanted us to worship them and the replicators wanted to destroy us because they thought the ancients made a mistake when they made us? Am I right?

ask Hitler
                sorry cant spell

Comment

Originally posted by kefke20 View Post

ask Hitler
                  Hitler was different. Our situation is kill or be killed. Therefore, in my opinion, Genocide is the only way.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TDgamer View Post
                    Hitler was different. Our situation is kill or be killed. Therefore, in my opinion, Genocide is the only way.
                    Exactly. Hitler massacred people because he felt Germans were superior to them and deserved to rule the Earth; we'd have to destroy the Wraith because they are (to steal an Ender's Game term) varelse, meaning we can never co-exist due to reasons beyond the control of either side (their having to feed on us).
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                      Exactly. Hitler massacred people because he felt Germans were superior to them and deserved to rule the Earth; we'd have to destroy the Wraith because they are (to steal an Ender's Game term) varelse, meaning we can never co-exist due to reasons beyond the control of either side (their having to feed on us).
                      Thank you, and as soon as I can figure out how, you will get green for the Ender's Game reference.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TDgamer View Post
                        Thank you, and as soon as I can figure out how, you will get green for the Ender's Game reference.
                        You give green by going to the person's post and clicking the scales up near the report button.

And I take it you've read the series? (I should've said "Xenocide" or "Speaker for the Dead"... but Ender's Game came to mind first haha)
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                          You give green by going to the person's post and clicking the scales up near the report button.

And I take it you've read the series? (I should've said "Xenocide" or "Speaker for the Dead"... but Ender's Game came to mind first haha)
                          I have only read those three, but sooner or later I will read the rest.
                          sigpic

Comment

finaly some Ender fans!
                            yes, there is a section on this at atomic rocket, but i can't remember offt he top of my head.

Comment

Well, the Asgard were not willing to use genocidal means, even with the Goauld.

I wonder if we might be a little more willing to use those extreme measures now because we no longer have any of the elder races watching over our shoulder. The asgard are gone, the nox have vanished, and the tokra and JAffa are kind of fading out now.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X