This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roland Emerich's Annoying Stargate Prequal

I'm not sure I'm right about this but I just saw a trailer for Roland's 10,000 years ago. And it looked a lot like a Prequal to the first Stargate Movie
    (10,000 years ago being when Ra came to Power on Earth) Like I said Could be wrong about that but that's what it looked like to me. Any thoughts?
    Sheppard's team runs into Kolya on a planet:

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Kolya is hanging from a tree by his underwear.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Ra didn't come to power on Earth 10,000 years ago, that was when the Ancients returned to Earth from Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by J_schinderlin56 View Post
      I'm not sure I'm right about this but I just saw a trailer for Roland's 10,000 years ago. And it looked a lot like a Prequal to the first Stargate Movie
      (10,000 years ago being when Ra came to Power on Earth) Like I said Could be wrong about that but that's what it looked like to me. Any thoughts?
      Where did you see the trailer? I want to check it out sounds interesting...

Comment

Yeah, I saw this preview the other day.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Right I just found this on the film, not sure that this movie is a prequel to 'Stargate'...

It was a time when man and beast were untamed and the mighty mammoth roamed the earth. A time when ideas and beliefs were born that forever shaped mankind. 10,000 B.C. follows a young hunter (Steven Strait) on his quest to lead an army across a vast desert, battling saber tooth tigers and prehistoric predators as he unearths a lost civilization and attempts to rescue the woman he loves (Camilla Belle) from an evil warlord determined to possess her. (From www.movieweb.com)

Comment

what part of that trailer made you think of stargate? It has nothing like it. It looks more like a different interpretaion of moses.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=f-r6gx_cIE8

The only parts that reminded me of Stargate were the pyramids and the 'He, is not a god!' line.

Comment

Emmerich would ignore anything about the Ancients anyway. I doubt he even watches the show.
                This time... it's war!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  Ra didn't come to power on Earth 10,000 years ago, that was when the Ancients returned to Earth from Atlantis.
                  Not according to him. He hates what the show made out of the movie. Personally, the movie lacked so much and the show to me is what the movie should have been. I normally hate remakes but they should have remade the Stargate movie with the show actors at some point. There never were Ancients or Jaffa or Goa'uld in the movie, they were all different things and the "Goa'uld" were Asgard-like beings.

Vala,

Comment

Well the movie canon does place Ra coming to 10,000 years ago, but I seriously doubt this is a Stargate prequel in a way, shape or form. Although the trailer did seem (in my opinion) that with a few changes here and there, it could be possible that to have some sort of remote connection to the Stargate movie but without actually seeing it, I think it will be near impossible to come up with anything that would remotely confirm a connection. Personally I think you just wanted a connection to stargate (for some unknown reason) so your mind created one.

sigpic

Comment

MGM won't greenlight the project, not a chance.
                      sigpic

Comment

Fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                          Not according to him. He hates what the show made out of the movie. Personally, the movie lacked so much and the show to me is what the movie should have been. I normally hate remakes but they should have remade the Stargate movie with the show actors at some point. There never were Ancients or Jaffa or Goa'uld in the movie, they were all different things and the "Goa'uld" were Asgard-like beings.

Vala,
                          well yes but you wouldn't expect to see the ancients in the movie. It wasn't until half way through season 1 that the idea of the gate system not being made by the goa'uld was introduced, and the torment of tantalus was the first sign of the ancients, though at the time we had no idea who they were or no idea even what their name was. As for the jaffa, well thre are a couple of explanations you can think of. Either Ra's personal guard were goa'uld underlings. Or the more popular theory that they were human servants. Like Daniel acted as in 'summit'. There are also one or two theories you can come up with about ra's true form and why it looked like it did but the easier thing to do is just ignore those particular scenes.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by J_schinderlin56 View Post
                            10,000 B.C. has nothing to do with Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                              10,000 B.C. has nothing to do with Stargate.
                              And on top of that, 10,000 B.C. would have been 12,000 years ago.

And on top of that, the film is from Warner, which has nothing to do with Stargate altogether.

Comment

Working...
                              X