PDA

View Full Version : spoiler free for season 5

Pharaoh Atem
January 13th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Anyone else going to do this ...I am.

i am amazed at how well Season 4 has done and i feel like i really want to be surprised for season 5 :)

anyone else wanna join me ??

Mitchell82
January 13th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Not me. I have zero self controll.;)

Briangate78
January 13th, 2008, 05:56 PM
I am glad I remained spoiler free for the fate of Weir. It really shocked me and now I felt I got more out of the show.

Pharaoh Atem
January 13th, 2008, 05:58 PM
I am glad I remained spoiler free for the fate of Weir. It really shocked me and now I felt I got more out of the show.

same here BAMSR spoiler

I didn't know she was going to be at the end

jenks
January 13th, 2008, 05:59 PM
I'll try. But fail.

Pharaoh Atem
January 13th, 2008, 06:01 PM
same here BAMSR spoiler

I didn't know she was going to be at the end
I'm hoping i can control myself normally i need some details to into the season but this time I'm closing the stargate section or pulling my internet connection :P

Jumper_One
January 13th, 2008, 06:15 PM

same here :P

Uranium118
January 13th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I don't read the story spoilers. I just check minor details like which characters will be there, the title, etc.

Fenrir Foxz
January 13th, 2008, 06:26 PM

I'll try. But fail.

same here :P

Yeah doubt I could go spoiler free for S5 either... I like to know what the episodes are about as soon as i can find out...

jelgate
January 13th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Not going to happen. I read?* spoilers because I am too hyperactive about the next episode.

Pharaoh Atem
January 13th, 2008, 06:27 PM
I just need to know the start date and time i'll be set :)

Ruffles
January 14th, 2008, 07:37 AM

i am amazed at how well Season 4 has done and i feel like i really want to be surprised for season 5 :)

*waves* I will. I found that knowing too much about the initial S4 eps lessened my enjoyment of them.

Spoiler for BAMSR:
I knew the replicators would be destroyed in BAMSR and that Weir would be in a 4th ep and that she would be leading a rebel faction. I added 2+2 and totally expected to see her at the end of BAMSR (or somewhere in SoW).
I do my best now to gloss over any spoiler info for the rest of S4. I don't go to the speculation threads. I've only read JM's poem once. I don't click on spoiler tags that are hopefully labeled correctly.

I love surprises. :)

Myles
January 14th, 2008, 07:44 AM
I don't look for spoilers, but I always read them when they do come across. I've still had a few surprises this season :)

CaptainGoku69
January 14th, 2008, 08:32 AM
I hope they bring the entire SG1 here, lol. Well against a bigger enemy if
they managed to killed the Replicator and the Wraith.:jonas: Anyway the show is getting interesting everytime, so keep it up...:jonas:

Mitchell82
January 14th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Yeah doubt I could go spoiler free for S5 either... I like to know what the episodes are about as soon as i can find out...

Same here. It never ruins an ep for me when I do anyway. In fact it usuall makes it that much better because they are usually way different than I expect.

Alan
January 14th, 2008, 10:49 AM
I always try to remain spoiler free. The only thing I need to know about Season 5 is whether Amanda Tapping is going to be back.

Occasionally if I hear about a piece of news which I don't like then I'll check spoilers out just to mentally prepare myself before I see it on screen. Now thankfully with Stargate SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis nothing like this has ever happened which has required me to look at spoilers...

...Sorry! I tell a lie. Pete Shannhan. When I heard that this character was being introduced as Sam's beau in Season 7 I read every spoiler I could set my eyes on to prepare myself for this character (pure Sam/Jack 'shipper you see). :)

Mitchell82
January 14th, 2008, 10:52 AM
I always try to remain spoiler free. Occassionally if I hear about a piece of news which I don't like then I'll check spoilers out just to mentally prepare myself before I see it on screen. Now thankfully with Stargate SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis nothing like this has ever happened which has required me to look at spoilers...

...Sorry! I tell a lie. Pete Shannan. When I heard that this character was being introduced as Sam's beau I read every spoiler I could set my eyes on to prepare myself for this character (pure Sam/Jack 'shipper you see). :)

I know what you mean on the Pete issue. I never truly hated him as he was a good character but I did not think he was right for Sam. I liked the friction he added to the show but was glad when he left.

Opener
January 14th, 2008, 11:03 AM

*waves* I will. I found that knowing too much about the initial S4 eps lessened my enjoyment of them.

I'm right there with you. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I can put it together; that's why I always mute it at the end of new episodes when they show the promo piece for the next premiere. I hadn't seen Sunday yet, but I accidentally read that Carson would die there, and it took out a fair bit of the drama. The Atlantis wiki's list of episodes is bad this way too.

After a certain point, why do you even need to watch the episode if you know what's going to happen? Stay in the dark about it and enjoy the episode when it comes out.

Jumper_One
January 14th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Same here. It never ruins an ep for me when I do anyway. In fact it usuall makes it that much better because they are usually way different than I expect.

yeah and you know somehow I always forget about the spoilers once I finally watch the eps, so I don't really have much of a problem

Pharaoh Atem
January 14th, 2008, 01:03 PM
i was pissed when some hot shot newbie posted the ethon spolier out in the open :mad:

granted i liked the episode but it took the surprise away

Alan
January 14th, 2008, 01:42 PM
i was pissed when some hot shot newbie posted the ethon spolier out in the open :mad:

granted i liked the episode but it took the surprise away

What was the surprise that was spoilt for you? Was it the destruction of Prometheus?

Ruffles
January 14th, 2008, 02:05 PM
I'm right there with you. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I can put it together; that's why I always mute it at the end of new episodes when they show the promo piece for the next premiere. I hadn't seen Sunday yet, but I accidentally read that Carson would die there, and it took out a fair bit of the drama. The Atlantis wiki's list of episodes is bad this way too.

After a certain point, why do you even need to watch the episode if you know what's going to happen? Stay in the dark about it and enjoy the episode when it comes out.

You're more disciplined than me. I do watch the trailer at the end for next week's ep although I will admit that sometimes the ads themselves give away the big surprise (Michael: I'm a Wraith!). I do like knowing the basic concept of the next ep.

Quarantine spoiler
I know the city is in lockdown.

Seriously, that's all I need to know. Now I will admit to knowing a bit more than that (unfortunately) which reduces the anticipation of the scenes. But I've tried to avoid promo pics and synopses to prevent overexposure. I felt like crying after Doppleganger since I had seen every dream (save one) in some trailer or promo vid. I felt like I had already seen the entire ep.

Franklyn Blaze
January 14th, 2008, 02:10 PM
I've been major spolier free all season. I don't even read the episode descriptions or watch ending credits. So far it's great, I wish more shows were really tight lipped, you might even suprise someone once in a while.

Opener
January 14th, 2008, 10:44 PM
You're more disciplined than me. I do watch the trailer at the end for next week's ep although I will admit that sometimes the ads themselves give away the big surprise (Michael: I'm a Wraith!). I do like knowing the basic concept of the next ep.

Quarantine spoiler
I know the city is in lockdown.

Seriously, that's all I need to know. Now I will admit to knowing a bit more than that (unfortunately) which reduces the anticipation of the scenes. But I've tried to avoid promo pics and synopses to prevent overexposure. I felt like crying after Doppleganger since I had seen every dream (save one) in some trailer or promo vid. I felt like I had already seen the entire ep.
Yeah, you could tell that about the next episode just from the first few seconds of the trailer. And trailers in general(movies and TV) these days give away waaaaaaaay to much of the plot in order to seem "edgy", or "cool" or some other godawfulness.

I think that my policy for trailers goes back to watching the original SG-1 show in season doses when I was catching up to it back in college. There wasn't any kind of need for spoilers because it would all come to you, which is still true for Atlantis. You just have to make sure not to read any spoilers in between the season finale and the premiere of S5.

This is not a jab against anyone on GW, and maybe it's just me, but I think generally a lot of people go for spoilers for TV and movies ahead of time to feel like they're "special" for knowing before most people, something that most people don't. Except that there are a lot of people who do the same thing. You can't be special for knowing something when a lot of people know the same thing.

Pharaoh Atem
February 2nd, 2008, 05:12 AM
well now we have a seasson 5 folder guess i should close my eyes :P

Jill_Ion
February 2nd, 2008, 07:53 AM
I am usually spoiler lite, if not spoiler free. Makes the show more interesting for me.

Amalthea
February 2nd, 2008, 08:17 AM
Well, speaking as a Canadian viewer who watches SGA on our scifi channel "Space," it's really hard to remain spoiler free. They just started showing season three this January, so I'd heard the Carson rumours and seen Jewel at the "Spaceys" long before I'd seen Sunday. So, if Sci-Fi would kindly sell the episodes to Canada (and I imagine the UK viewers and beyond would echo this sentiment) sooner, fewer plot lines would be spoiled. They did it for the last season of SG1, why not all seasons of SGA?

jenks
February 2nd, 2008, 09:04 AM
Well, speaking as a Canadian viewer who watches SGA on our scifi channel "Space," it's really hard to remain spoiler free. They just started showing season three this January, so I'd heard the Carson rumours and seen Jewel at the "Spaceys" long before I'd seen Sunday. So, if Sci-Fi would kindly sell the episodes to Canada (and I imagine the UK viewers and beyond would echo this sentiment) sooner, fewer plot lines would be spoiled. They did it for the last season of SG1, why not all seasons of SGA?

I doubt many UK viewers are bothered, we get them days after SciFi shows them...

Amalthea
February 2nd, 2008, 07:06 PM
I doubt many UK viewers are bothered, we get them days after SciFi shows them...

Lucky UK. Either way, the wait is frustrating and unfair.

sparklegem
February 3rd, 2008, 10:47 AM
I'd really like to remain spoiler-free, but it seems almost impossible unless I never visit GW or any other Stargate-related site.

I felt the same way as Opener regarding Sunday. The episode and even the fact that Carson died had very little impact on me, and I feel it was ruined for me because I knew he was going to die for so long beforehand. I wanted to feel torn up and sad, but it just didn't come. I'm spoilerphobic for that reason, and I avoid them, but it was basically impossible to avoid learning that Carson was going to die, with the SCB campaign, completely spoilery thread titles, and (I believe, though I might be wrong) news posted right on the homepage of Gateworld.

It's the same thing with casting for season 5 now. I'd like to be surprised come the first episode of season 5, but already on the front page of GW and Stargate SG-1 Solutions they've broadcast that AT's not going to command Atlantis anymore and I'm sure come Monday they'll broadcast who's taking her place.

It seems my only choice is just to cut myself off from anything Stargate-related on the internet, but that really sucks.:(

Mitchell82
February 3rd, 2008, 11:05 AM
Lucky UK. Either way, the wait is frustrating and unfair.

Well no where near as the 7 month wait we had before.

Platschu
February 3rd, 2008, 11:27 AM
spoiler free for season 5?

Here is an Unending quote:

The best things in life are free.

:lol:

prion
February 3rd, 2008, 01:29 PM
So that you don't want to know that the new emenies they're introducing are none other than *gasp* the Teletubbies (who sorta need a new gig) ?? ;)

Platschu
February 3rd, 2008, 01:32 PM
Ahhh. I wanted the My Little Ponies. :lol:

PG15
February 3rd, 2008, 01:45 PM
So that you don't want to know that the new emenies they're introducing are none other than *gasp* the Teletubbies (who sorta need a new gig) ?? ;)

Ugh, you mean the mofos who locked themselves in Grover's tatami room and smoked crystal meth?

:D

jelgate
February 3rd, 2008, 02:08 PM
So that you don't want to know that the new emenies they're introducing are none other than *gasp* the Teletubbies (who sorta need a new gig) ?? ;)An enemy more powerful and scary than the Ori. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Jumper_One
February 3rd, 2008, 02:15 PM
An enemy more powerful and scary than the Ori. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

what about the almighty jelgate ;) :P

prion
February 3rd, 2008, 02:18 PM
Ugh, you mean the mofos who locked themselves in Grover's tatami room and smoked crystal meth?

Hmm, you seem to know an AWFUL lot about those guys; me thinks you're a closet Tellytbubby fan! Eegads, wait, where's the little smiley face for the sign of the cross to ward off evil vampires and such?? ;)

Mitchell82
February 3rd, 2008, 02:48 PM

You seem to know alot about them....:S

PG15
February 3rd, 2008, 03:26 PM
Read JM's blog. ;)

SG13-NightOps
February 3rd, 2008, 11:51 PM
to do that - I would have to forget that Gateworld exists for a whole year.

While that would no doubt please some .... :D

Alipeeps
February 5th, 2008, 04:39 AM
I'm leaning this way myself. I've gone from being an absolute spoiler-addict to feeling a little bit over-spoiled (partly because of all the leaks etc early in S4) and for the back half I've not exactly been backing away from spoilers making the sign of the cross but I haven't been seeking them out and I've been staying away from the main speculation/spoiler threads... and I've been rather enjoying not knowing exactly what to expect.

And I'm thinking I'll rather enjoy Season 5 the same way... I won't be super-strict avoiding any and all spoilers but just not going looking for info and staying away from the spoiler threads etc... I don't mind knowing a general plot outline - like the little summaries SciFi give out or whatever - but no real details beyond that...

Pharaoh Atem
March 7th, 2008, 07:40 PM
well season 4 is officially in the books time to truly close my eyes now ////

just gotta make it to july :D