Ancients Cloning Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancients Cloning Technology

Was that facility something the wraith found and took over to defeat the Ancients or did the wraith make the cloning facility on their own?

I believe it must of been an ancient cloning facility the wraith took over. I don't believe the wraith could have developed technology to make one on their own.

And if it was an Ancient cloning facility, what were they making clones for...Asgard? But that wouldn't make much sense.

Any thoughts?
    Enter the Fargate...to steal intergalatic cable!

I've just been looking at the transcript. If it had been an Ancient facility it would hardly have been top secret where the Ancients were concerned. It would also have been equipped with ZPMs so the Wraith wouldn't have needed to capture Ancient warships for a power source. Also the outpost was built to Wraith design not Ancient.
    sigpic

Comment

It sort of looked like the opening of a ant hill, definite relation to insectoid design

Comment

people underestimate the wraith. who says they cant make their own technology they trapped that replicator in the force shield i doubt the ancients made that? and the hives dont seem to be organic auroras they mass things the wraith have created think about it who says they cant make a cloning facility!

Comment

well if the wraith took over then i dont think the ancinets would of let them use it at their disposal

just think about it..cloning..they could do that hundreds of times meaning alot of clones

the ancinets would of went straight there with all there ships and wiped them out like they tried to do with the asurans
          sigpic

Comment

I think the real question is why the Wraith didn't spend the last 10,000 years cloning humans to deal with their food shortage.

Comment

Originally posted by Blev08 View Post
              I think the real question is why the Wraith didn't spend the last 10,000 years cloning humans to deal with their food shortage.
              Because they had no powersource to do it?
              The only powersource with enough juice in it is a ZPM and they were propably depleted when they made the clones needed to defeat the Alterans and they havent known where to look for more, also that station was most likely very secret even amongst the wraith so not all of them knew about it.
              Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
              Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by MathiasE View Post
                Because they had no powersource to do it?
                The only powersource with enough juice in it is a ZPM and they were propably depleted when they made the clones needed to defeat the Alterans and they havent known where to look for more, also that station was most likely very secret even amongst the wraith so not all of them knew about it.
                Actually, more of a general question. Considering the episode early in Season 1 about the Wraith trying to make humans artifically more compatible, in retrospec it kind of surprises me there hasn't been an episode dealing with the Wraith attempting to artifically increase their food source, though, considering a lot of the nice relevations in this episode not going to complain too much. Keeping in mind several things such as the Wraith do have their own power sources and they could've pretty much grabbed humans anywhere to clone, and they could've setup anywhere, for lack of a better phrase, "human farms."

In regards to the opening post, the facility was clearly and originally Wraith, they just needed the Ancient's power source to do it on the scale they wanted for soldiers so it is quite clear to me at least that the Wraith do possess the technology to clone things.

Comment

Looked pretty Wraith-made to me. As has been suggested, if the Ancients built it then they would've known about it and done everything they could to destroy it before all the clones were made to kick their asses The Wraith would never have grown in number in that case and the Ancients would've probably won the war.

Comment

Working...
                  X