Wraith cloning for food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith cloning for food

Could the wraith have used cloning to make more food if there is a civil war going on because of food.

You woulda thought so, but then the Queen gave the building blocks from her DNA.

Might be quite difficult to make the leap from Wraith to Human.

But I believe that could work!

Comment

Originally posted by FirePhoenix View Post
      You woulda thought so, but then the Queen gave the building blocks from her DNA.

Might be quite difficult to make the leap from Wraith to Human.

But I believe that could work!
      Shhh...All they need are 12 humans. One Asian chick, one black guy, a few white guys, and one as of yet undetermined.

Spoiler:
      Did you see what I did there?
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I like how they went through all that retro virus crap a couple seasons ago and turns out they can feed on each other already >.> are the writers asleep?

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
          I like how they went through all that retro virus crap a couple seasons ago and turns out they can feed on each other already >.> are the writers asleep?
          Humans are more palatable. And we've known they could feed on each other since S1's the Defiant One, and that was not Carson's original intent for the retrovirus any way. Also I think Clones may not be practical for food. They'd have to wait 20 or so years for them to grow up and then w/o education they'd be like empty vessels and we know the wraith enjoy certain emotions from humans as they feed like defiance and fear etc.

Perfecto!

Comment

I thought the purpose for using the retrovirus on other hives to allow other Wraith to feed, was to effectively disable the Wraith on other hives and make them totally harmless.

Sure they could feed on each other without the retrovirus but when it's hive vs. hive. The retrovirus allows for them to totally incapacitate the other hive and allow for "easy pickings".

No?

Comment

Yea I know the retro-virus was originally meant to reverse the bug DNA in them to turn them human. But SoW made it seem like the Wraith was gonna recieve enough energy from Todd to be back to full.

They decided to use the retro-virus as a weapon later on.

Comment

I like how they went through all that retro virus crap a couple seasons ago and turns out they can feed on each other already
                Yeah? And so can we.

Except, we (and the Wraith, apparently), don't quite like cannibalism.

Comment

Originally posted by wraith form Replicator View Post
                  Could the wraith have used cloning to make more food if there is a civil war going on because of food.
                  yap, but I guess the wraiths prefer the life force from naturally grown humans because there's no substitute for the taste of human life force sucked from humans grown the natural way.

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda_dan View Post
                    yap, but I guess the wraiths prefer the life force from naturally grown humans because there's no substitute for the taste of human life force sucked from humans grown the natural way.
                    Exactly! Good old organic humans with no added extras.

The Wraith are a testament to the benefits of going organic - even their ships are organic.

Comment

Originally posted by FirePhoenix View Post
                      I thought the purpose for using the retrovirus on other hives to allow other Wraith to feed, was to effectively disable the Wraith on other hives and make them totally harmless.

Sure they could feed on each other without the retrovirus but when it's hive vs. hive. The retrovirus allows for them to totally incapacitate the other hive and allow for "easy pickings".

No?
                      Yes exactly... the retrovirus would make it effortless to capture an hive, like we ended up doing... but after all they didn't really care about that plan and decided to risk all taking on earth with only 2 ships.... stupid wraith queen.

Comment

There are a few reasons why cannibalism isn't considered as an effective solution for the worlds hunger problem. Not all of them are ethical ones.
                        The cake is a lie!

Comment

this seemed to turn into a retrovirus topic but for the original topic i think the queen wouldn't like to share her food so she would make soldiers to kill the other wraith then feed on her soldiers

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda_dan View Post
                            I realize I'm a season late on this discussion...

Seems to me there's a bit of mixed information about wraith feeding on wraith. They can, according to the ep Common Ground, give life to each other. Stands to reason they can feed on each other, too. Except that the wraith queen in Allies is clearly pleased to be able to feed on a wraith-turned-human. If it's because of human emotion and defiance...well, recently turned wraith don't even have memories! They're completely blank, and I can't imagine they'd be any more "tasty" than cloned wraith or enemy wraith.

Until this episode I assumed that wraith couldn't feed on each other (and that in The Defiant One, the wraith had been feeding on stored humans, not his shipmates).

I think that the writers just use whatever method works for the individual episode. Unfortunately, since the wraith needing to feed is a rather major plot point, it should be consistent!

Comment

wraith COULD clone. but that means massive poweruse, something they cant have. unless they find a way to effectively massclone on their hives. something using tons of power they dont have. building it on the ground is dangerous, and makes it vulnerable to capture

Comment

Working...
                              X