Wraith baby?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith baby?

Anyone else think that teylas baby could end up having the mind of the wraith queen. Maybe in that split second she knew she was gonna die so she somehow put her mind into the babys?

sure the babys mind could be too small etc but ya never know it is scifi after all
    sigpic

Originally posted by KiLL3r View Post
    Anyone else think that teylas baby could end up having the mind of the wraith queen. Maybe in that split second she knew she was gonna die so she somehow put her mind into the babys?

sure the babys mind could be too small etc but ya never know it is scifi after all
    That would, for all intense and purposes, create another Adria. And, hey, maybe Michael can kidnap the child, alter it's genetics so it can grow really fast, and then it can lead all the Wraith on a crusade to purify the Milky Way of humans. No...I think not.

Comment

Hmm, I doubt that. That Queen could attack the child's mind because it was easy. Copying her entire existence into it is something else entirely and would take a bit of time. Something that she couldn't do when she was trying to regain control of her own body.
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I found the whole...teyla and baby over coming a wraith queen from space a little off the wall...even for my taste..and I firmly believe in ghost. I hope they don't do anything as dumb as imprinting the queen in the baby. With tptb god only knows. I also wish that if tptb were going to have telepathy in their stories that they would at least try to ground it in something scientific too. The wraith gene is as lame as the Ancient gene thing they had going.

tptb explain everything with a gene...dear lord...they give a whole new meaning to DNA.
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

nah it's not a Wraith. It just has the same ability as Teyla.
          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I don't think so. And I wonder, did the writers write in the she was having a boy before or after Rachel knew she was having a boy?

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
              I don't think so. And I wonder, did the writers write in the she was having a boy before or after Rachel knew she was having a boy?

Vala,
              It wouldn't matter. I doubt Teyla's baby will be the baby portrayed in the show. So even if they had a girl, they would have a male baby play the part. But yes, I think it has to do with Teyla knowing that she had a boy in the oven.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                I found the whole...teyla and baby over coming a wraith queen from space a little off the wall...even for my taste..and I firmly believe in ghost. I hope they don't do anything as dumb as imprinting the queen in the baby. With tptb god only knows. I also wish that if tptb were going to have telepathy in their stories that they would at least try to ground it in something scientific too. The wraith gene is as lame as the Ancient gene thing they had going.

tptb explain everything with a gene...dear lord...they give a whole new meaning to DNA.
                i'm pretty sure they eluded to the fact that teyla was developping some sort of telepathy at the end of the episode. im not 100% sure of the quote, but it was when she was telling shep that she knew it was a boy she told shep and he said "i thought you didn't want dr. keller to tell you" and she replied with something along the lines of "she didnt tell me, pursay..."

anyone else pick up on that or have a more accurate quote?

Comment

maybe the child will just see vision of the queen all the time(would be fun in puberty)

Comment

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
                    maybe the child will just see vision of the queen all the time(would be fun in puberty)
                    Pfft, if I had to see a Wraith Queen all the time it'd be the one from Allies or The Hive. Those Queens had some nice looks. Black haired Queens are ugly and are complete witches.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post

It's not just a single gene I think, in the episode where they revealed Teyla's telepathy Becket said 'you have some wraith dna'. So it's probably more than a single gene.

If you want to get really technical, in genetics one gene can alter how other genes act. That's one reason why genetic engineering is so complex. I read in Time magazine that there are only a few genes difference that allow us the ability to speak. A little bit goes a long way with genetics.

Comment

I just loved Todd's reaction when he was told Teyla can control a Queen through telepathy. Was brilliant!

"Impossible!"

Comment

the point is: in a normal human all non-sick dna is identic to all the other dna in the body, but apparently this wraith dna works a little bit like a cancer

Comment

its possible...but it's not going to do the WQ any good.

Comment

IF wraith are born fully grown then, why did Ellia come out as a infant? Is that because she would have been a queen?
                              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Working...
                              X