Replicator ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replicator ship

The Replicator ship in "Enemies" and "Unnatural Selection" same weapons as Asgard plasma beams ?

no, maybe they worked in a similar way but not the same

Comment

Why not Replicators have been seen to modifiy the weapons of the ships they occupy, and have gained extensive of Asgard tech and ancient tech (langarian point defense satellite beam)from their computers.

Comment

true but they came up with this weapon after we had destroyed the replicators

Comment

No reason the asgard could'nt have been developing it and had it stolen when the replicator seized their ships. Or they could have determined the main cannon approach worked better on the Replicator invested ships and abandoned the project. When facing the Ori Craft, the main cannon had little effect, and they would need a beam, that could exert more strain upon the shields for a longer period of time.

Comment

the weapon was designed specifically to fight against the ori and we wiped out the replicators in season 8

Comment

Firstly, that was never stated on screen and secondly, it could have been developed before season 4

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                the weapon was designed specifically to fight against the ori and we wiped out the replicators in season 8
                The Asgard beam weapon being designed specifically to combat the Ori is speculation, even if it has widespread acceptance. It's never been stated in cannon or anywhere else for that matter.

So just because it was introduced after the MW Replicators were destroyed doesn't mean it couldn't have been in development for many years based on how they had modified the Asgard's pre-existing weapons. However, we don't know. It's never been said and unless JM answer's a question about in his blog we probably won't ever know.

Comment

my bad then, i guess i just took peoples word on here as cannon then

Comment

They might have had them on oneils, but since we never saw them fight we won't know. Wait thats not true, we saw it in the episode when 4 ori ships came through the supergate. It didn't use the weapons but that doesn't mean they didn't have them. It's all just speculation.
                    Best quotes ever:
                    O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                    Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                    Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                    Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                    Thor:I like the yellow ones
                    O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

It would have to have greatly modified. The weapon in enemies required several shots to break through a goa'uld shields nevermind Ori or Asuran ones, also suggesting a developing project.

Comment

Working...
                      X