PDA

View Full Version : How do you/Do you want Weir back in Season 5? Spoilers for BAMSR'd

Skydiver
January 10th, 2008, 06:54 PM
How would you like to see Weir come back in season 5?

Not at all – 0 episodes

Real Weir (Recurring): 1-3 episodes
Real Weir (Recurring): 4-6 episodes
Real Weir (Recurring): 7 or more episodes

Real Weir (Full time): Old Job
Real Weir (Full time): New role

Good (Recurring): 1-3 episodes
Good (Recurring): 4-6 episodes
Good (Recurring): 7 or more episodes

Good (Full time): Old Job
Good (Full time): New role

Evil (Recurring): 1-3 episodes
Evil (Recurring): 4-6 episodes
Evil (Recurring): 7 or more episodes
---

This is an updated version of an old and closed thread
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=49371

so please continue the convo from that thread to this one

Skydiver
January 10th, 2008, 07:01 PM
And let's remember please, respect others. Let's NOT bash others for their opinions. Let's not bash the characters. This is NOT a Carter vs Weir thread. Leave the rhetoric at the door and simply discuss 'How/Do you want Weir back'

Ruined_puzzle
January 10th, 2008, 07:04 PM
I'm confused. Does good mean the Weir we saw in TMC?

jelgate
January 10th, 2008, 07:04 PM
I hate to complain Sky but isn't good Weir mean she is the real Weir.

Killdeer
January 10th, 2008, 07:05 PM
I hate to complain Sky but isn't good Weir mean she is the real Weir.

No, the RepliWeir/DupliWeir could be good.

justhere1971
January 10th, 2008, 07:07 PM
No, the RepliWeir/DupliWeir could be good.

Right. There's been talk that the Weir we saw could be the new baddy repli/duply Weir.

ToasterOnFire
January 10th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Oh damn, I can't vote for multiple choices. I'd like to see real!Weir in any capacity or good repli!Weir in any capacity, no real preference as to which one or how many eps she has. I didn't vote because I couldn't narrow it down further than that.

Evil Weir (and I mean aggressively evil and not just "bugger off, we're trying to learn how to ascend here") doesn't really appeal to me.

Ruined_puzzle
January 10th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I honestly don't know which option to pick. Ideally I would want Weir full time in her old role. But that's not going to happen so the next best thing for me would be the real Weir, full time or recurring(10 or more), as anything but evil.

Decisions, decisions. Too many options. I can't choose. lol.

poundpuppy29
January 10th, 2008, 07:15 PM
I voted for Real Weir 7 episodes or more I almost voted for old job but if it is Real Weir she is good.

RepliHawk
January 10th, 2008, 07:17 PM
I say evil 7 or more

Killdeer
January 10th, 2008, 07:18 PM
LOL - after all that discussion in the other thread, I can't make up my mind either. :o

Real Weir, recurring or full time, old or new job, at least 4 episodes, and not evil. :D

toomanysides
January 10th, 2008, 07:24 PM
RepliWeir can do more of the show then real Weir can. I DO NOT want her back as leader, that just defies logic in my mind. But I like to see here in a few episodes in season 5, depends entirely how the storyline works. Good/Bad Wier? Bad Wier seems contrived, comone we had RepliCarter, while cool - no to repeating it. Good RepliWier is way more interesting. Actually deal with is RepliWier, Wier? Is it possible to accept it, can they, must they?

Killdeer
January 10th, 2008, 07:51 PM
OK. Here's the thing...I really like the Elizabeth Weir character. I liked all the Atlantis characters, but if I had to rank them, Elizabeth would have been third, behind Rodney and Sheppard, and with Carson running a close fourth. I liked the dynamic that she had with the cast, those three guys in particular. And I thought she did a fine job as a leader.

Would it be unrealistic to have her take her old job back? Probably. But frankly I really don't care. Sorry. :o I don't think she should come back exactly like it was before - the experience should have changed her, and I don't think she should be a lead again, but I ideally would like to have her back in her old job.

Realistically....that's not going to happen. Realistically, I think we'll be very very lucky to get 4 episodes. So, given those limitations, I would like to see her as a recurring ally, in at least four or five episodes but I'd gladly take more. And for me, it absolutely MUST be the real Weir. The biggest reason I had such a hard time with TMC was not because it was a bad episode in and of itself, it was because we weren't dealing with the real team or the real Weir, and I couldn't really make myself care that much about either one. If the real Weir really is dead, then I'd rather not have any Weir at all.

Just my perspective! And no, I haven't voted yet - I can't decide which option best fits. :S

Ltcolshepjumper
January 10th, 2008, 07:54 PM
I'm confused as well. I don't want her back as definitively good or definitively evil. I do want the real Weir, but she could just be self-serving, rather than a straight out ally or a straight out enemy.

Killdeer
January 10th, 2008, 07:56 PM
I'm confused as well. I don't want her back as definitively good or definitively evil. I do want the real Weir, but she could just be self-serving, rather than a straight out ally or a straight out enemy.

Hmmm. I can't imagine Weir being self-serving, not the Elizabeth we know. I can see her being evil, if she's controlled by the nanites. I could see her being self-serving if she were a replicator. But I think the Real Weir would always have Atlantis' best interests in mind.

Ltcolshepjumper
January 10th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Hmmm. I can't imagine Weir being self-serving, not the Elizabeth we know. I can see her being evil, if she's controlled by the nanites. I could see her being self-serving if she were a replicator. But I think the Real Weir would always have Atlantis' best interests in mind.

So, by "Real Weir", are we referring to Weir as herself, or just the Real Weir in general? Because I think of Real Weir as opposed to a clone or replicator version of Weir. You see, I would see her being self-serving, not "evil", if one, the nanites merely alter her thinking, or two, if she, controlled by the nanites, want to ascend.

Killdeer
January 10th, 2008, 08:06 PM
So, by "Real Weir", are we referring to Weir as herself, or just the Real Weir in general? Because I think of Real Weir as opposed to a clone or replicator version of Weir. You see, I would see her being self-serving, not "evil", if one, the nanites merely alter her thinking, or two, if she, controlled by the nanites, want to ascend.

No, that's what I was meaning by Real Weir.

Umm. I suppose I can see what you're saying. I suppose I was thinking either she's being controlled (in which case she's an enemy) or she's not (in which case she's an ally). But I suppose the rebel group of replicators could also be controlling her to help them to ascend, which wouldn't directly effect Atlantis.

Except - if the Replicators do ascend - then what? Do they just join with the other Ascended, or do they become the new Ori, seeking vengeance on their creators on a whole new playing field?

Guess that's a question for another thread though.

Briangate78
January 10th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Ok I posted this in the other thread from Joe M's blog...

Judith writes: “1.How come the replicator ship with Weir in it didnt show up on the cheese grater thingy that showed all the ships,why didnt they check to make sure they got all of them.

Answers: 1) Given who these replicators are, there’s a very strong possibility that the rogue faction that gave our team the “cheese grater thingy”, made them aware of the fact which allowed them to take preventative action.

Makes you wonder if the Real Weir is alive.

Lizabeth
January 10th, 2008, 08:16 PM
I said full time new role only because I think at this point it is just unrealistic for her to go back to her old job. I think she's reached a point of no return with that, her job that is, not the show in general. I wish you could put all these into an order of preference instead of just picking one.

Ltcolshepjumper
January 10th, 2008, 08:20 PM
No, that's what I was meaning by Real Weir.

Umm. I suppose I can see what you're saying. I suppose I was thinking either she's being controlled (in which case she's an enemy) or she's not (in which case she's an ally). But I suppose the rebel group of replicators could also be controlling her to help them to ascend, which wouldn't directly effect Atlantis.

Except - if the Replicators do ascend - then what? Do they just join with the other Ascended, or do they become the new Ori, seeking vengeance on their creators on a whole new playing field?

Guess that's a question for another thread though.

We'll have to wait and see.

jelgate
January 10th, 2008, 08:21 PM
If we have the real Weir then TPTB are back to the problem thay had in S1-3, and I highly doubt that Weir will never get her old job back. Making her evil would just be a reuse of RepliCarter. I don't know if I call it evil, but I want a gray Weir that will do what is in her best interest with about 5 episodes.

travis
January 10th, 2008, 08:23 PM
I've voted real Weir (I'm assuming with nanites) back full time with different role. At least with a new role she has potential to be more action and field base character. After Bamsr its to much of a waste to have her doing admin work again. At least she's still playing leader role just not with the human side. And now with the knowledges and power she has at her disposal it'll be very interesting how it plays out.

Briangate78
January 10th, 2008, 08:23 PM
If we have the real Weir then TPTB are back to the problem thay had in S1-3, and I highly doubt that Weir will never get her old job back. Making her evil would just be a reuse of RepliCarter. I don't know if I call it evil, but I want a gray Weir that will do what is in her best interest with about 5 episodes.

I say for Season 5 she'll be in a bunch of eps. She won't be evil but will have a mission and goal. She'll cross paths with Atlantis many times. In the end she will ascend, and if we see a Season 6 pickup she'll return full-time. ;)

Scary Kitty
January 10th, 2008, 08:50 PM
I honestly can't really pick one choice either. When we next see Weir, it must be the real Weir; we've already been there and done that with the clones/duplicates. It's time to bring the original back. Ideally, I want the real Weir back, full time. But that's probably not going to happen. At the very least, I want her to have a much more significant recurring role than the paltry four episodes (which were really only two and a half since she was unconcious through most of one and only in about 30 seconds of another) that she had this season. I want her to be good, though I wouldn't mind seeing Weir temporarily evil or obsessed with her own agenda (controlled by nanites on a rampage, corrupted/driven insane by Oberoth before he got zapped, lingering echoes of Niam whispering in her ear, etc.), as long as she is ultimately restored to her true self and reunited with her friends in Atlantis.

I want to see her deal with what has happened to her. None of this "oh, it happened between episodes" cr*p like we got with Daniel after he returned from being Ascended. No matter what happened to her, how she may have gotten away from Oberoth and joined up with her own merry band of renegades, the experience will have changed her. Even if she is restored to 100% human (which she can be, based on McKay's continuing work with the nanites in "Miller's Crossing"), she will never be quite the same as she was prior to "First Strike." There will be emotional and mental scars, and I want to see that acknowledged on screen in a meaningful way, not shoved under the rug.

I'm not sure I want to see her with her old job back. If she's restored to fully human, the IOA and Stargate Command wouldn't really have any grounds to object to her having her old job back, as she would no longer be compromised... but would she want the job back? After all the grief the IOA gave her in Seasons 2 and 3, would she really want to go back to that daily grind? And really, in some ways, she was wasted in an administrative job. When the character was first introduced, so much was made of her diplomatic skills, her gift with languages, etc., yet in three seasons, we barely got to see that part of her in action. Those skills could be put to far better use in the field. Perhaps not as a permanent member of any specific off-world team (so she could go out with Sheppard's team, or Lorne's, or another team), but maybe as an at-large expert that would accompany a team when the mission required her particular skill set. Or maybe I just want to see Torri in leather and the tac gear more often. ;)

PG15
January 10th, 2008, 09:19 PM
I want the real Weir turned evil because of the nanites, but she'll turn good by the end (after an intense inner struggles against those little buggers; mind over matter, as it were, ala TRW). I guess the best one would be...

Evil (Recurring): 4-6 episodes

Anuna
January 10th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Ow the poll is somewhat confusing, but I voted "good, full time, with new job". I'd like to see her back, all the time, because I miss her deeply this season and I want to see how the replicator experience changed her - because it would be illogical and totally unrealistic if this experience didn't change her. Old job or new job? I say give her something new and important to do. She deserves it, the character has potential, and let us see how the rest of the team and expedition deals with that; how does she deal with her new position? That's great for character development, possible conflictes and so on.

One more thing, I'd hate to see her as an evil character. That would be turning her inside out and making her something she isn't. I love this show because of her and everything she stands for in seasons 1 through 3; and those are good things. I'd hate to see that taken away from her.

Bring us back the real, good Weir!

Linzi
January 10th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Hmmmm, this was a difficult choice for me. I'd like Weir back to conclude her storyline, because I hate loose ends and am interested to see what happens, and I know she will be back. I'm hoping for about 4 episodes or so, and there wasn't that option :lol: (Not that I expected there to be, because what I'd like to see is not a straight sort of option really).

4-6 is too many for me, because I think her storyline could take up too much time then, and perhaps get boring. I'd also be unhappy if it dominated the season too much.

So, I went for 1-3, expecting we'll get 4 or so, and I want her to be sort of grey. Not out and out evil per se, but maybe striving for something but not caring how she gets it. So, she's not all bad, but not good either.

So, obviously there wasn't that choice, so, after consideration, I went for evil. But, I don't mean mahwawahaha evil - I mean not an ally. I want someone who's going to be a thorn in the expedition's side. I can't see how a 'good' Weir could really be an ally without it being boring. If Weir and her faction are helping with the battle against the wraith, how can that be interesting in the long run? There has to be something in her and her faction's actions which cause problems for the team for the story to have meaning and interest for me.

I can't ever see Weir back full time in any position. I can't see her back for a large number of episodes recurring either. I also can't see her in a new role other than as RepliWeir, (even though I believe this is what was originally our Weir), and certainly don't anticipate she could ever be a member of the team. That will stay at the present four, I believe.

So, I'm going to 1-3, evil, though that's not exactly what I'm thinking we'll see, or exactly what I want! :lol:

Livingstone
January 11th, 2008, 01:05 AM
I voted for the real Weir, full time, but with a different job. Mind you, that is what I would want, I don't think that's what we are going to get...

Anuna
January 11th, 2008, 01:31 AM
I voted for the real Weir, full time, but with a different job. Mind you, that is what I would want, I don't think that's what we are going to get...

Too difficult for the writers to handle, but great for fan fiction which is lately better than the show itself. :mckay:

Dr Weir
January 11th, 2008, 04:26 AM
I chose Real Weir (Full time): Old Job. The new role is stupid and ridiculous! What do you mean by good (Full time): Old Job? A replicator running Atlantis?!! :confused: I think some people might misunderstand and vote for that by mistake.

Dr Weir
January 11th, 2008, 04:28 AM
If we have the real Weir then TPTB are back to the problem thay had in S1-3,
What was that problem?

Skydiver
January 11th, 2008, 04:33 AM
well guys, repliweir can be a good guy
real weir could be evil

who knows how her expeiences have changed her

Not every option can be covered, i'm afraid. Cause there's just too many to choose from and too many possibilities

Southern Red
January 11th, 2008, 04:59 AM
There is a great temptation here to overthink this. Obviously she can never go back to the exact same person she was before. Neither can Shep, Rodney or anyone else. The experience of living in the Pegasus Galaxy has profoundly changed all of them. But she can through the miracle of SciFi ;) be restored to fully human and given her old job back as leader of the expedition. She would be stronger for her experience, having learned valuable lessons and would perhaps deal differently with the situations that are sure to rear their ugly heads at some point.

The point at least to my way of thinking is to choose your best case scenario. If you are willing to settle for her being in a different job or having less than full time status and you indicate that to the writers, they will surely take that as gospel and as they always do, give you a little less than what you really want. Think about how they have handled Carson.

Making her evil in any capacity is too much of a change. It will probably not win her any new fans and will alienate the old ones. I am even thinking that there is a way for the IOA to capitalize on her new status, whatever that is exactly, and use her to help in protecting Earth. Then at some point all is revealed to the expedition and she is restored to her rightful place. But now she is stronger, both mentally and physically and has new knowledge and skills that can be of tremendous help. This is SciFi, anything is possible.

Falcon Horus
January 11th, 2008, 05:15 AM
I went with "real Weir, full time, new job"...

And here follows the explanation why I choose that:

Real Weir
To me the real Weir is the one who has been having the nanites since Progeny. The one who got fried in First Strike, and in which the nanites were reactivated to safe her life. The one left behind in Lifeline.
She's the original and I'm convinced she was the one commanding the ship.

I'm also convinced she's good and willing to help Atlantis survive by going after the Wraith, without the Lanteans to actually know there's still a small faction of Replicators alive. She might actually reveal herself one day but I'm not sure how exactly that will happen.

Full time
Regular appearance, 14 episodes tops & back into the opening credits if that's remotely possible... I miss my opening credits.

New job
I fully see her as the new leader of the Replicator-faction, and would like to see her as an ally to Atlantis. At first maybe an unseen ally, but ultimately revealing herself to her friends. An ally against the Wraith.

marielabbott
January 11th, 2008, 05:47 AM
I definitely want to see the real Weir, not another duplicate. I would also like to see her back in her old office, changed and seasoned by her experience, but back as the leader of Atlantis.

jenks
January 11th, 2008, 06:13 AM
I've got nothing against Torri but the Weir character sucks so...

Evil (Recurring): 1-3 episodes

Ruined_puzzle
January 11th, 2008, 06:26 AM
There is a great temptation here to overthink this. Obviously she can never go back to the exact same person she was before. Neither can Shep, Rodney or anyone else. The experience of living in the Pegasus Galaxy has profoundly changed all of them. But she can through the miracle of SciFi ;) be restored to fully human and given her old job back as leader of the expedition. She would be stronger for her experience, having learned valuable lessons and would perhaps deal differently with the situations that are sure to rear their ugly heads at some point.

The point at least to my way of thinking is to choose your best case scenario. If you are willing to settle for her being in a different job or having less than full time status and you indicate that to the writers, they will surely take that as gospel and as they always do, give you a little less than what you really want. Think about how they have handled Carson.

Making her evil in any capacity is too much of a change. It will probably not win her any new fans and will alienate the old ones. I am even thinking that there is a way for the IOA to capitalize on her new status, whatever that is exactly, and use her to help in protecting Earth. Then at some point all is revealed to the expedition and she is restored to her rightful place. But now she is stronger, both mentally and physically and has new knowledge and skills that can be of tremendous help. This is SciFi, anything is possible.

You made it so easy for me to finally decide on one. :)

Real Weir, old job, full time.

Wormhole
January 11th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Good full time - old job:weir:.

Celcool
January 11th, 2008, 07:36 AM
You made it so easy for me to finally decide on one. :)

Real Weir, old job, full time.

Same here. I've been thinking along the same lines as SR. This thing they're doing with her at the moment needs to be temporary only then she can get back to her old job after this whole ordeal. It can be done, it's sci-fi.

SGLAB
January 11th, 2008, 07:55 AM
OK. Here's the thing...I really like the Elizabeth Weir character. I liked all the Atlantis characters, but if I had to rank them, Elizabeth would have been third, behind Rodney and Sheppard, and with Carson running a close fourth. I liked the dynamic that she had with the cast, those three guys in particular. And I thought she did a fine job as a leader.

Would it be unrealistic to have her take her old job back? Probably. But frankly I really don't care. Sorry. :o I don't think she should come back exactly like it was before - the experience should have changed her, and I don't think she should be a lead again, but I ideally would like to have her back in her old job.

Realistically....that's not going to happen. Realistically, I think we'll be very very lucky to get 4 episodes. So, given those limitations, I would like to see her as a recurring ally, in at least four or five episodes but I'd gladly take more. And for me, it absolutely MUST be the real Weir. The biggest reason I had such a hard time with TMC was not because it was a bad episode in and of itself, it was because we weren't dealing with the real team or the real Weir, and I couldn't really make myself care that much about either one. If the real Weir really is dead, then I'd rather not have any Weir at all.

Just my perspective! And no, I haven't voted yet - I can't decide which option best fits. :S

I think you and I think a lot alike on this. I really miss the interaction Elizabeth had with John, Rodney and Carson. I was recently watching BIS and that really reminded me of how much I've missed those character interactions.

I ended up choosing Real Weir in 7 or more recurring eps. I figured at the very least there would be some character interactions that I've missed. Plus it would be the real Weir unlike as you said in TMC where I agree it doesn't have the same emotional impact.

Eri13
January 11th, 2008, 07:57 AM
I want the real Weir turned evil because of the nanites, but she'll turn good by the end (after an intense inner struggles against those little buggers; mind over matter, as it were, ala TRW). I guess the best one would be...

I'd like to see a struggle with this, because I think it'd be interesting. I think Torri could play it well, it would add such an element of depth to all the crew (just imagining Rodney, John's, Teyla's reactions to a Weir that might be their enemy, but also realizing she's not lost, and that they might be able to save her, such good storylines to be had. And character reactions!)

What piques my interest is that the 100th episode is coming up in Season 5. As it IS the 100th episode (and I don't know if we're going to get to 200 with SGA) I'd like to see them do something that is a mini-wrap up, so to speak. As Weir was head of the Atlantis expedition before it was the Atlantis expedition, I'd like to see a sort of full-circle storyline, and her back somehow in Atlantis in that episode.

Part of the fun for Weir for me was how she interacted with the other Atlantis members. While we'd get that with her leading another replicator faction, it wouldn't feel the same for me personally. I want to see her back with 'the family'. But eventually. I don't want her popped back in immediately; I'd rather see where this replicator story can take her, and I'd love to see a power struggle, perhaps in her own mind, or with the Lanteans help, that gets her from a potential antagonist back to Weir.

So that's why I chose "Full Time, Old job (real Weir)". But I want her to 'get there' through S5, not just return immediately as though nothing happened. And I want the character to be changed because of the experience.

One caveat, though--I'll accept whatever Torri wants to do. If she doesn't want a full time role, then I'll accept that too. While I hope it's not just 2 episodes, because I like her enough to want much more, I won't gripe and complain if Torri's wishes are only to be part-time or to make cameo-ish appearances.

SMB_BOOKS
January 11th, 2008, 07:59 AM
The fear I had yesterday when this "let's have a new poll" came up is that it would end up being more confusing that what we had to begin with.

So far, we've started off by bringing that fear of mine to life.

There's only two options I'm considering right now. I haven't voted yet. I want to put my thoughts together and explain the choice I finally do make.

I wish there was a way to vote for more than one. I would be willing to support either of these options at the moment....of course, I'd add a few "caveats" to them......

Real Weir - Full Time - New Role
Real Weir - Full Time - Old Role

GAH, I'll get my thoughts together, vote and post again later.

Winter
January 11th, 2008, 08:10 AM
I think I would like to see a recurring roll of Weir but not good or evil and not the Weir we used to know. She's been injected with nanites and I'd like to see a Weir that's been affected by them. Conflicted - because part of her is still human but she should still with her own agenda as it appeared at the end of BAMSR. Evil would be too easy and so would good. If she is conflicted, she will be unpredictable which is fabulous for making things exciting! :)

So that's my vote - its not in the list. ;)

Ruffles
January 11th, 2008, 08:16 AM
I interpreted "Real Weir" to mean Weir without nanites. Therefore, I chose Good 1-3 eps (preferably 3). I liked Weir, but I'm perfectly fine with having Carter there. I think "Good" can encompass quite a range of choices so having her as "Good" or an ally doesn't mean she would necessarily go along with everything Atlantis wants to do. The Genii in general were not evil, but they certainly caused a lot of trouble. Having Weir with her own agenda (regardless of what it is) doesn't have to be boring but doesn't have to be evil either.

I'd like to see her pop up occasionally the way we see Michael and the CG Wraith (I refuse to call him Todd). Just enough to keep her storyline moving and add to the depth and texture of life in Pegasus. But I'd also like new stories, new allies, new enemies, etc to keep it fresh and interesting.

What I DON'T want is to have her storyline dropped. Don't tease me with it and then forget it's there. Either have it continue as a plotpoint or resolve it.

Linzi
January 11th, 2008, 08:45 AM
I interpreted "Real Weir" to mean Weir without nanites. Therefore, I chose Good 1-3 eps (preferably 3). I liked Weir, but I'm perfectly fine with having Carter there. I think "Good" can encompass quite a range of choices so having her as "Good" or an ally doesn't mean she would necessarily go along with everything Atlantis wants to do. The Genii in general were not evil, but they certainly caused a lot of trouble. Having Weir with her own agenda (regardless of what it is) doesn't have to be boring but doesn't have to be evil either.

I'd like to see her pop up occasionally the way we see Michael and the CG Wraith (I refuse to call him Todd). Just enough to keep her storyline moving and add to the depth and texture of life in Pegasus. But I'd also like new stories, new allies, new enemies, etc to keep it fresh and interesting.

What I DON'T want is to have her storyline dropped. Don't tease me with it and then forget it's there. Either have it continue as a plotpoint or resolve it.
I agree with you here. If it's not going to be continued, yes, conclude it. I really don't like loose ends and am still waiting to find out conclusively what happened to Ford! There's so much opportunity for good drama here!

Southern Red
January 11th, 2008, 08:48 AM
I'd like to see a struggle with this, because I think it'd be interesting. I think Torri could play it well, it would add such an element of depth to all the crew (just imagining Rodney, John's, Teyla's reactions to a Weir that might be their enemy, but also realizing she's not lost, and that they might be able to save her, such good storylines to be had. And character reactions!)

What piques my interest is that the 100th episode is coming up in Season 5. As it IS the 100th episode (and I don't know if we're going to get to 200 with SGA) I'd like to see them do something that is a mini-wrap up, so to speak. As Weir was head of the Atlantis expedition before it was the Atlantis expedition, I'd like to see a sort of full-circle storyline, and her back somehow in Atlantis in that episode.

Part of the fun for Weir for me was how she interacted with the other Atlantis members. While we'd get that with her leading another replicator faction, it wouldn't feel the same for me personally. I want to see her back with 'the family'. But eventually. I don't want her popped back in immediately; I'd rather see where this replicator story can take her, and I'd love to see a power struggle, perhaps in her own mind, or with the Lanteans help, that gets her from a potential antagonist back to Weir.

So that's why I chose "Full Time, Old job (real Weir)". But I want her to 'get there' through S5, not just return immediately as though nothing happened. And I want the character to be changed because of the experience.

One caveat, though--I'll accept whatever Torri wants to do. If she doesn't want a full time role, then I'll accept that too. While I hope it's not just 2 episodes, because I like her enough to want much more, I won't gripe and complain if Torri's wishes are only to be part-time or to make cameo-ish appearances.

ITA. Bringing her back, good or evil, and not having her interact with the others would be worse than not bringing her back at all.

And I interpreted "real" to mean not a clone or a replicator. The Weir in Lifeline was real IMHO, just not 100% Elizabeth if that makes sense. Much like the Sheppard in Conversion. Nobody that I know of has said he shouldn't have gone back to his old position. If the nanites used to heal Weir can be made inert by some mumbo jumbo I don't plan to pay attention to, I'm all for it. In fact I would love to see her able to heal rapidly or maybe with a few other extrahuman qualities. That sort of thing would make her character interesting and would open up possibilities for giving her more to do. Whether she goes back to the leader or not isn't a big deal to me, but I do want her permanently stationed on Atlantis in some capacity.

metabog
January 11th, 2008, 09:21 AM
I don't see how the IOA would ever allow Elizabeth to get her original position leading Atlantis. I voted for 7+ episodes recuring as good Elizabeth in a new role. I wouldn't mind it if she was main cast, but I'd like it if she appeared now and again, sort of like Bra'tac or Jacob on SG-1.

I wouldn't be comfortable with an evil Elizabeth Weir after having her around for 4 seasons as well as on SG-1.

Nikki
January 11th, 2008, 10:31 AM
EVIL WEIR! - I would love for her to be the new villian for SGA. :) TBTP wasted opportunities with Replicarter, she could've been so much more of a threat. I hope they don't do the same with Weir. :weir:

wraithlord
January 11th, 2008, 11:35 AM
I vote for Evil (Recurring): 7 or more episodes.
I think it would be very interesting to see her evil though to be perfectly honest i don't really care if she's good or bad as long as she's in Season 5 I'll be happy.

Jumper_One
January 11th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I'd like to see an evil Weir for 3-4 eps in s4 (voted 1-3 eps). TH already said she wouldn't want to come back full time so that's out of the question. the character has been a lot more interesting in s4 imo and I really think TBTB should bring her back as an enemy. she could pretend to be an ally (it's not really that hard since we all know how Shep, Teyla etc would react to seeing her again) and during the ep the team finds out about what she has become. I also hope that the Weir we saw in BAMSR isn't the real Weir (who couldn't exist anyway since that person is more replicator than human), this would diminish the potential of this arc imo

Ruined_puzzle
January 11th, 2008, 12:50 PM
ITA. Bringing her back, good or evil, and not having her interact with the others would be worse than not bringing her back at all.

And I interpreted "real" to mean not a clone or a replicator. The Weir in Lifeline was real IMHO, just not 100% Elizabeth if that makes sense. Much like the Sheppard in Conversion. Nobody that I know of has said he shouldn't have gone back to his old position. If the nanites used to heal Weir can be made inert by some mumbo jumbo I don't plan to pay attention to, I'm all for it. In fact I would love to see her able to heal rapidly or maybe with a few other extrahuman qualities. That sort of thing would make her character interesting and would open up possibilities for giving her more to do. Whether she goes back to the leader or not isn't a big deal to me, but I do want her permanently stationed on Atlantis in some capacity.

Also if Teyla was allowed to be in the team while having her wraith DNA psychic abilities then really I'm sure they can find a way for Elizabeth to stay in Atlantis.

You and Eri13 are just completely saying what I'm thinking.

Killdeer
January 11th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Also if Teyla was allowed to be in the team while having her wraith DNA psychic abilities then really I'm sure they can find a way for Elizabeth to stay in Atlantis.

You and Eri13 are just completely saying what I'm thinking.

I agree. All of the team (Atlantis and SG-1) has been compromised at one point or another. It's a question of them wanting to bring her back, not whether she could be brought back.

pisces27
January 11th, 2008, 03:19 PM
I love evilLizzie.

Mitchell82
January 11th, 2008, 03:26 PM
I say for Season 5 she'll be in a bunch of eps. She won't be evil but will have a mission and goal. She'll cross paths with Atlantis many times. In the end she will ascend, and if we see a Season 6 pickup she'll return full-time. ;)

I have no issue with her being in a few eps but a bunch could be too much. I don't want season 5 to focus just on Weir. I do disagree with the last part. I don't want them pulling a Daniel with Weir mainly because I can't see her coming back full time at all conisdering I highly doubt the real Weir is alive.

Jumper_One
January 11th, 2008, 03:31 PM
I have no issue with her being in a few eps but a bunch could be too much. I don't want season 5 to focus just on Weir. I do disagree with the last part. I don't want them pulling a Daniel with Weir mainly because I can't see her coming back full time at all conisdering I highly doubt the real Weir is alive.

I totally agree with you but I believe Brian wasn't serious about Weir ascending and returning in s6 ;)

Mitchell82
January 11th, 2008, 03:35 PM
I totally agree with you but I believe Brian wasn't serious about Weir ascending and returning in s6 ;)

I hope not leave that to the person that does it best.;)

ddc
January 11th, 2008, 04:16 PM
I think the Weir in BAMSR is the original, just gone a bit dark by her experiences. I'd like her to eventually return to Atlantis, after seeing whatever she's planning now with "her" Replicators play out. But taking on more of Daniel's role, an actual member of the team, doing the diplomatic & linguistic stuff, with the occassional situation where her being not quite human comes in handy (self healing, hacking into computers).

Mitchell82
January 11th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I think the Weir in BAMSR is the original, just gone a bit dark by her experiences. I'd like her to eventually return to Atlantis, after seeing whatever she's planning now with "her" Replicators play out. But taking on more of Daniel's role, an actual member of the team, doing the diplomatic & linguistic stuff, with the occassional situation where her being not quite human comes in handy (self healing, hacking into computers).

Hmm could be or a duplicate but personally I hope she's evil.

blue-skyz
January 11th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Weir in any form will never come back full time. SGA has moved beyond that. It is hard to imagine Atlantis not needing a military leader and a large military presence for the next few years. It is hard to imagine Atlantis being nearly as interesting without powerful enemies to fight.

SGA does not need a full time leader. I hope they don’t try to force one into every episode as they did in the past. That goes for other characters that are not needed, as well. They certainly never needed a doctor in every episode. The story should dictate which characters appear in an episode.

Weir, real, good or not so good, could be interesting for several episodes in S5. I think she would be more interesting if she were evil, but I don’t see that happening unless it is Oberoth in Weir’s form. More likely, these are the replicators who want to ascend, so they will be good. It probably is real Weir with nanites, because that will create the most drama, but any version would have her consciousness. They should be out doing as many good deeds as they can to accumulate points for ascension. So, I think they could show up from time to time; meet our heroes occasionally helping on human worlds or run into them in some Ancient facility. Maybe they will contact Atlantis to borrow the ascension machine or give them some intell. I don’t think Weir will ever be back on Atlantis permanently, even as a recurring character and never as a member of Sheppard’s team.

It's a question of them wanting to bring her back, not whether she could be brought back.
Obviously, this is sci-fi, so Weir could be brought back as pristine as the first time she stepped through the gate. She was part of the formula for three years. TPTB chose to change that formula. The removal of Weir is only part of that change. IMO, season 4 has been very good, better than seasons 2 and 3 and comparable to 1, so far. I can’t see TPTB retreating from a successful decision.

Killdeer
January 11th, 2008, 04:46 PM
She was part of the formula for three years. TPTB chose to change that formula. The removal of Weir is only part of that change. IMO, season 4 has been very good, better than seasons 2 and 3 and comparable to 1, so far. I can’t see TPTB retreating from a successful decision.

I personally don't believe it was successful. I still think they could have done pretty much everything they did this year, and still have Weir there. And while some of the episodes have been good, that's not due to Weir's absense IMO - it's simply due to more attention by the writers, which could have been accomplished without removing Weir.

And while I don't hate everything about it - some things are good - Season 4 is still only running neck and neck with S2 IMO. I liked Seasons 1 & 3 much better. If it weren't for episodes like BAMSR, it would be below S2.

Briangate78
January 11th, 2008, 05:19 PM
I personally don't believe it was successful. I still think they could have done pretty much everything they did this year, and still have Weir there. And while some of the episodes have been good, that's not due to Weir's absense IMO - it's simply due to more attention by the writers, which could have been accomplished without removing Weir.

And while I don't hate everything about it - some things are good - Season 4 is still only running neck and neck with S2 IMO. I liked Seasons 1 & 3 much better. If it weren't for episodes like BAMSR, it would be below S2.

Weir truly added to this season. It could of been still great without her, to me it was even better her roles. I think the producers want to continue this. As much as I like to see her in more than a few eps. A quarter of a season seems very accurate. They cannot stray from this. Weir is not being Forded. Her last ep was totally different than Ford's last episode.

Killdeer
January 11th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Weir truly added to this season. It could of been still great without her, to me it was even better her roles. I think the producers want to continue this. As much as I like to see her in more than a few eps. A quarter of a season seems very accurate. They cannot stray from this. Weir is not being Forded. Her last ep was totally different than Ford's last episode.

That is true. And that (and BAMSR in general) is the reason for my renewed optimism - I was very discouraged about SGA after TMC. I looked at the second half lineup and was wondering if I really wanted to keep punishing myself like this. BAMSR was far from perfect, but I still enjoyed it, and it renewed my interest in the show.

Killdeer
January 11th, 2008, 05:24 PM
When the character was first introduced, so much was made of her diplomatic skills, her gift with languages, etc., yet in three seasons, we barely got to see that part of her in action. Those skills could be put to far better use in the field. Perhaps not as a permanent member of any specific off-world team (so she could go out with Sheppard's team, or Lorne's, or another team), but maybe as an at-large expert that would accompany a team when the mission required her particular skill set. Or maybe I just want to see Torri in leather and the tac gear more often. ;)

Just wanted to say - I like these two ideas. :D

Fenrir Foxz
January 11th, 2008, 05:27 PM

Definately, that would be a real let down *for me anyway*
Weir has alot of potential storywise especially where the character is now and I think it would be a credit to season 5 to explore that, plus I would really like to know what exactly she ment in that final statement...

Briangate78
January 11th, 2008, 05:32 PM
That is true. And that (and BAMSR in general) is the reason for my renewed optimism - I was very discouraged about SGA after TMC. I looked at the second half lineup and was wondering if I really wanted to keep punishing myself like this. BAMSR was far from perfect, but I still enjoyed it, and it renewed my interest in the show.

I knew they were not going to kill her off screen like that. The Weir we saw is the orginal real Weir. Question is, Does she still have her humanity or have the nanites totally taken over her? So many questions. :)

Fenrir Foxz
January 11th, 2008, 05:41 PM
I knew they were not going to kill her off screen like that. The Weir we saw is the orginal real Weir. Question is, Does she still have her humanity or have the nanites totally taken over her? So many questions. :)

Like Repli-Keller said Oberoth believed Weir exerted an unhealth influence on Replicators *and was apparently destroyed for it* so I would go with she is still the original Weir and she is still human... Just with nanites in her.

Mitchell82
January 11th, 2008, 06:54 PM

I don't know about that. I have a feeling if it is her soul is gone she won't be the Weir we knew ever again.

Willow'sCat
January 11th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Not at all. 0 :)

Anuna
January 12th, 2008, 03:00 AM

Agreed. I don't want replicator or clone - it's been done, and it left really bad taste in my mouth. BAMSR left a big door opened for the real Elizabeth to come back, and it also left lot of possibilities for her character. Why not giving her some super - powers? That could lead to her different role in the show and by all means she should be stationed in Atlantis. That's where she truly belongs, removing her was very injustice to her character.

Yes, Sheppard was definitely a security risk in Conversion, but he recovered. Teyla could pose a great security risk due to her mental abilities and her Wraith DNA but somehow that's not an issue. Why would Weir with dormant nanites pose a security risk, for cryin out loud? That's just a very convenient excuse, period.

And it's definitely interesting that majority of voters here want her back in her old job. That definitely means something.

S4 is "meh" to me. Lifeline is still the best episode IMO, and that's because of Weir. Removing her didn't improve anything, it made things worse. Everything they did this season could have been done with Weir there too. Okay, she was taken away from them, but she could have been returned after few episodes and her character could have been developed and explored in more depth. Actually that could have been done with all of them; and Is till don't get this plot - driven writing. It results in OOC behavior much too often. The show would be so much better if it was more character oriented, with sense of developments in PG affecting them, and not "twist the character XY to fit into the desired story" approach that's been practiced too often.

Platschu
January 12th, 2008, 03:47 AM
I voted for "Real Weir (Recurring): 4-6 episodes". :)

blue-skyz
January 13th, 2008, 08:11 AM
I still think they could have done pretty much everything they did this year, and still have Weir there. And while some of the episodes have been good, that's not due to Weir's absense IMO - it's simply due to more attention by the writers, which could have been accomplished without removing Weir.
The biggest change I see from S3 to S4 is that they are showing the more serious side of Sheppard. Sheppard has effectively been the military commander Atlantis for three years. In that capacity he would have been in charge of all of the military stationed on Atlantis and everything concerning them, including their training and assignments. He would have been in charge of Atlantis security. He was the leader of his team. And yet he was rarely shown in command, doing his job. The emphasis has been on an irreverent, lighter Sheppard. This season TPTB have flip-flopped the portrayal of Sheppard. This season the focus is on Sheppard as a commander, serious and competent. He still has his light side, but it has taken a secondary role. IMO, this is a change long overdue.

Sheppard’s relationship to Weir had become as an errant underling to a maternal boss. This relationship had become so ingrained that it would have been difficult for TPTB to change it. To move beyond that, to focus on Sheppard as a respected military officer, they had to be able to show him as the relative equal of and respected by his superior. To do this simply and effectively, a new leader of Atlantis was needed (yes, military); preferably one that already respected Sheppard. I don’t think this needed to be Carter, but, I think, it has been effective with Carter.

So, I don’t think the transition to season 4 would have been impossible with Weir still as Sheppard’s boss, I do think it would have been less effective and less satisfying, overall. I think they’ve moved beyond the possibility. I can't see them bringing Weir back full time in any capacity.

I don’t think of myself as anti-Weir, but as pro-Atlantis. The changes do not bother me. TPTB have taken Atlantis in a new direction and I’m willing to go with them.

SMB_BOOKS
January 14th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Real Weir
Good Weir
Full-Time
Old Job

She has to be the real Elizabeth Weir. She has to be good. I want to see her full-time. I would prefer her old job. But, if she was given a new role that allowed her to interact with Sheppard's team on a regular basis, I might be okay with that.

Real Elizabeth - It's important to me to know Elizabeth did not sacrifice herself in vain. That there is still hope in the galaxy - that good things can happen to good people who care and have compassion. I want a happy ending for Elizabeth.

Good Elizabeth - Turning this character into an permanent enemy of Atlantis would be the ultimate betrayal of everything she stood for. I could not and would not accept that. See above: happy ending, please.

Full-Time Elizabeth - I think Elizabeth has the potential to be an involved member of the team. Whether as leader or as actual off world team member. Her diplomacy, compassion, knowledge of the ancients, experience with the wraith, and now her newly gained, hands on replicator experience brings a lot to the table. And, I think Torri has the skills to pull it off. And, I think she brings a great dynamic to the interaction with the other members of the cast.

Old Role - I definitely agree with others who mention that, given the right circumstances (inert nanites, removal of nanites), Elizabeth should not be a security risk. Others have been comprised and are not in questionable status. TPTB could find a way to resolve Elizabeth's situation as well.

If a new role meant a great opportunity for Elizabeth to be a regular part of the team, again, I could potentially go for that, depending on how it was implemented.

And, I might be able to work with Season 5 being her transition year from Replicator World to Atlantis again, as long as it didn't mean we only saw her a handful of times.....

nowvoyager908
January 14th, 2008, 08:30 AM
The biggest change I see from S3 to S4 is that they are showing the more serious side of Sheppard. Sheppard has effectively been the military commander Atlantis for three years. In that capacity he would have been in charge of all of the military stationed on Atlantis and everything concerning them, including their training and assignments. He would have been in charge of Atlantis security. He was the leader of his team. And yet he was rarely shown in command, doing his job. The emphasis has been on an irreverent, lighter Sheppard. This season TPTB have flip-flopped the portrayal of Sheppard. This season the focus is on Sheppard as a commander, serious and competent. He still has his light side, but it has taken a secondary role. IMO, this is a change long overdue.

Sheppard’s relationship to Weir had become as an errant underling to a maternal boss. This relationship had become so ingrained that it would have been difficult for TPTB to change it. To move beyond that, to focus on Sheppard as a respected military officer, they had to be able to show him as the relative equal of and respected by his superior. To do this simply and effectively, a new leader of Atlantis was needed (yes, military); preferably one that already respected Sheppard. I don’t think this needed to be Carter, but, I think, it has been effective with Carter.

So, I don’t think the transition to season 4 would have been impossible with Weir still as Sheppard’s boss, I do think it would have been less effective and less satisfying, overall. I think they’ve moved beyond the possibility. I can't see them bringing Weir back full time in any capacity.

I don’t think of myself as anti-Weir, but as pro-Atlantis. The changes do not bother me. TPTB have taken Atlantis in a new direction and I’m willing to go with them.

I'm not sure I agree with this assessment. Sheppard and Weir have had an interesting relationship, but the word "maternal" never entered my mind when trying to define it. LOL.

I believe that because of the relationship between the two, Sheppard was allowed to become a competent commander. Weir recognized his abilities long before his military commanders did. They treated him with little more than disdain and suspicion. Sure Weir and Sheppard butted heads, but she fought for him to retain command of Atlantis once contact had been re-established with earth. If it hadn't been for her intevention, Caldwell would be running things, not Sheppard. He'd probably be back on Antarctica piloting helicopters.

IMHO, having a military commander of the overall expedition actually knocks Sheppard down a notch, not up.

Killdeer
January 14th, 2008, 08:31 AM
I'm not sure I agree with this assessment. Sheppard and Weir have had an interesting relationship, but the word "maternal" never entered my mind when trying to define it. LOL.

I believe that because of the relationship between the two, Sheppard was allowed to become a competent commander. Weir recognized his abilities long before his military commanders did. They treated him with little more than disdain and suspicion. Sure Weir and Sheppard butted heads, but she fought for him to retain command of Atlantis once contact had been re-established with earth. If it hadn't been for her intevention, Caldwell would be running things, not Sheppard. He'd probably be back on Antarctica piloting helicopters.

IMHO, having a military commander of the overall expedition actually knocks Sheppard down a notch, not up.

I agree with this - that's the way I see it also.

blue-skyz
January 14th, 2008, 08:58 AM
I'm not sure I agree with this assessment. Sheppard and Weir have had an interesting relationship, but the word "maternal" never entered my mind when trying to define it.
‘Maternal’ is exactly the way I see her. She treated Sheppard and McKay like recalcitrant children. (More a S3 thing.)

All that is true, but it’s ancient ;) history. He has been the military commander of Atlantis for two years past that. His success at it was his own. We just never got to see him in command much.

Actually, Sheppard’s position hasn’t changed much. We haven’t heard anything about the military commander title, but the relationship is still the same: Sheppard has a boss and the rest of the military is under him. There are no other Lt Cols.

Sheppard is being shown in command this season. :) He is being shown as being a relative equal of and respected by Carter. That is what I want to see, a believable serious, competent, respected Sheppard. We always knew he did his job well. Now we get to see it.:)

Ruffles
January 14th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Sheppard is being shown in command this season. :) He is being shown as being a relative equal of and respected by Carter. That is what I want to see, a believable serious, competent, respected Sheppard. We always knew he did his job well. Now we get to see it.:)

He is also labeled as the commanding officer in Tabula Rasa.

I don't think his relationship with Weir hurt him in the eyes of his men, but I do think Carter relates to him better on a professional level.

I can certainly envision Weir being a part of the expedition, but I'm not interested in seeing her lead it again. If she were going to return full-time, I would rather see her use the skills that make her unique: negotiation and languages.

blue-skyz
January 14th, 2008, 10:13 AM
He is also labeled as the commanding officer in Tabula Rasa.
That’s true. I didn’t think of that. He would be, of course, he outranks everyone but Carter. If Atlantis has truly been militarized, and they haven’t said that either, then his position as second-in-command is even more concrete.

I don't think his relationship with Weir hurt him in the eyes of his men, but I do think Carter relates to him better on a professional level.
I don’t think it hurt him in the eyes of his men. I think he was always their respected commander. I always knew he was in command, but, I think it was a side of him that we rarely actually got to see portrayed. Carter relates to him more as a professional equal than Weir did.

I can certainly envision Weir being a part of the expedition, but I'm not interested in seeing her lead it again. If she were going to return full-time, I would rather see her use the skills that make her unique: negotiation and languages.
I agree. But I can never see her as a member of Sheppard’s team either. That is too far out of character even given that she could come back with replicator skills.

jelgate
January 14th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Real WeirGood WeirFull-TimeOld JobOld Role - I definitely agree with others who mention that, given the right circumstances (inert nanites, removal of nanites), Elizabeth should not be a security risk.?* Others have been comprised and are not in questionable status.?* TPTB could find a way to resolve Elizabeth's situation as well.It doesn't make sense storywise. Its a bigger deal if Weir is captured over Sheppard. Its her decsion on what happens to the city and her mind has most likely been influenced by the Asurans. Other people also have not been captured by the enemy as long as Weir.

Mitchell82
January 14th, 2008, 10:56 AM
It doesn't make sense storywise. Its a bigger deal if Weir is captured over Sheppard. Its her decsion on what happens to the city and her mind has most likely been influenced by the Asurans. Other people also have not been captured by the enemy as long as Weir.

Exactly. It would make no sense what so ever to bring her back like that. I hate when shows jumble things up to make things "back to normal" so to speak to appease certain fans. Leave the storyline as it is and bring her back for a few eps works just fine IMO.

Suzotchka
January 14th, 2008, 10:59 AM
spoiler for Spoils of War:

If Teyla can control a Wraith queen and not have anyone concerned that she isn't compromising Atlantis

Then Elizabeth and her nanites shouldn't be a problem.

Mitchell82
January 14th, 2008, 11:01 AM

If Teyla can control a Wraith queen and not have anyone concerned that she isn't compromising Atlantis

Except she can only be a risk if she connects to another Wraith then that one can connect to her. With Elizabeth her nanintes have taken her over already any essence of the old Weir is gone, so no it wouldnt work.

blue-skyz
January 14th, 2008, 11:03 AM
With Elizabeth her nanintes have taken her over already any essence of the old Weir is gone, so no it wouldnt work.
Except in the magic of sci-fi

rarocks24
January 14th, 2008, 11:08 AM
I'd more or less like to see a confused Weir. One that is on the wrong side and through the Atlantis team's help find her way. A character that can serve as both an enemy and an ally.

Suzotchka
January 14th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Except she can only be a risk if she connects to another Wraith then that one can connect to her. With Elizabeth her nanintes have taken her over already any essence of the old Weir is gone, so no it wouldnt work.

You have no proof that the nanites have taken over Weir's essence and that the old Weir is gone.

So yea, it could work.

Anuna
January 14th, 2008, 11:15 AM

Is theer a proof that a Wraith can't connect to Teyla? i don't think so. This is science fiction. Anything can be done if the almighty writers and producers want it.

!!??
January 14th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Hm I might pick old job because then carter could do science stuff rather than be leader.

SMB_BOOKS
January 14th, 2008, 12:05 PM
I agree that we don't know for certain that Elizabeth has been taken over by the nanites. They might be what is keeping her alive, physically, but we have no idea if they've taken over her ability to think, reason, analyze, feel, act independently, etc. They might have, but we don't know that they have. She has exerted more control and influence over them than what was previously thought possible (IMO) so, who knows what her potential is in this circumstance?

We're all just speculating on how she could return in S5. Considering no cast announcements have been made and no episodes have started filming yet, it's anybody's guess what TPTB will do with this character.

I understand there are SGA fans who either don't want her back or can only tolerate a few episodes with her and I also understand they will always find reasons why anything else just wouldn't work.

I may not understand how they can think or feel the way they do, but they are speculating right now just as much as those of us Weir fans who DO want her back, for more than a handful of episodes. We're all just stating what we want to see happen.

Celcool
January 14th, 2008, 12:37 PM

Also remember in 'Michael' when Michael had no problem whatsoever in taking control of her and making her untie him. She didn't connect to him and he was still able to do it. It seems any wraith can take control of her anytime they feel like it. She shouldn't be allowed to work with Shep's team, it's a fact. How much bigger security risk than that can you get? The enemy is in control of her in a snap of one's fingers. If you (the general 'you') can suspend your belief in regards to Teyla then you should have no problem doing that with Elizabeth as well if you'd need to.

Jumper_One
January 14th, 2008, 12:41 PM
You have no proof that the nanites have taken over Weir's essence and that the old Weir is gone.

So yea, it could work.

and you have no proof that the old Weir's still alive and her essence hasn't been taken over by nanites ;) nobody knows, we'll have to wait for Weir's next ep in s5 (IF TH returns)

Suzotchka
January 14th, 2008, 01:02 PM
and you have no proof that the old Weir's still alive and her essence hasn't been taken over by nanites ;) nobody knows, we'll have to wait for Weir's next ep in s5 (IF TH returns)

That's what I was saying. I was objecting to Mitchell82's post which stated that

No one can say either way so saying something wouldn't work at this point is premature.

SMB_BOOKS
January 14th, 2008, 01:42 PM
No one can say either way so saying something wouldn't work at this point is premature.

LOL - you just took my four or five paragraph post and summed it up in one sentence.

Thank you for being succint. I'm entirely too wordy sometimes.....lol!

belanna30
January 14th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I voted for Elizabeth back full-time, but in a new role. I just don't see her coming back as the leader as a viable option, but bringing her on like a fifth member of SGA-1, would be awesome!!!! She's a replicator now, folks... I can see that making her a much more interesting character. Then again, she could be in 10 episodes as the Replicator leader and working with Atlantis and I would be OK with that as well. So, there were several I could have voted for.

Ruined_puzzle
January 14th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Also remember in 'Michael' when Michael had no problem whatsoever in taking control of her and making her untie him. She didn't connect to him and he was still able to do it. It seems any wraith can take control of her anytime they feel like it. She shouldn't be allowed to work with Shep's team, it's a fact. How much bigger security risk than that can you get? The enemy is in control of her in a snap of one's fingers. If you (the general 'you') can suspend your belief in regards to Teyla then you should have no problem doing that with Elizabeth as well if you'd need to.

:weiranime17:

Celcool
January 15th, 2008, 01:42 PM
:weiranime17:
So I guess case closed. hehe

Briangate78
January 15th, 2008, 06:41 PM

Actually, she learned to control it in "Submerssion". As per Weir, all they have to do is just shut down the nanites without killing her, and she'll be back. Remember she is mostly human. She is sorta like the copies from TMC, except she is the original.

One other thing, I thought any person can have their mind manipulated and controlled by a Wraith, if the Wraith was strong enough?

wm_1987
January 15th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I'd like to see her as the real Weir and on full time. But I'm not sure if she should have her old role or as an advisor to Sam (if she is in season five) or on Sheppards team or anything really. So I voted for real Weir in a new role/position.

justhere1971
January 16th, 2008, 04:25 AM
Actually, she learned to control it in "Submerssion". As per Weir, all they have to do is just shut down the nanites without killing her, and she'll be back. Remember she is mostly human. She is sorta like the copies from TMC, except she is the original.

One other thing, I thought any person can have their mind manipulated and controlled by a Wraith, if the Wraith was strong enough?

Then the whole team is in trouble - pack up Atlantis, and go home!

Briangate78
January 16th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Then the whole team is in trouble - pack up Atlantis, and go home!

Well a Wraith Queen can. Look at what she did to Sheppard. How many Queens has Sheppard encountered where he falls to his knees? Man, the guy gets around doesn't he. ;)

justhere1971
January 16th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Well a Wraith Queen can. Look at what she did to Sheppard. How many Queens has Sheppard encountered where he falls to his knees? Man, the guy gets around doesn't he. ;)

Like I said - pack up & go home then.

Mitchell82
January 16th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Is theer a proof that a Wraith can't connect to Teyla? i don't think so. This is science fiction. Anything can be done if the almighty writers and producers want it.

Uh yeah plenty of it. The Wraith have never been able to connect to Teyla unless she tries first.

Ruffles
January 16th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Uh yeah plenty of it. The Wraith have never been able to connect to Teyla unless she tries first.

What about Michael?

Suzotchka
January 16th, 2008, 12:32 PM
ANd neither do you. I was stating my opinion no need to attack me.

I wasn't attacking you. You posted this:

I was merely replying with MY opinion. which was this:

So yea, it could work.

As I stated before - there is no proof - either way - about Weir. If JM himself said that it depends on which PTB you ask - then there's no way that WE know the truth yet.

sueKay
January 16th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Ideally...

Real Weir (Full time): New role

but since I don't think Torri would come back full time I'd votes

Real Weir (Recurring): 7 or more episodes

Skydiver
January 16th, 2008, 12:51 PM
I'm not seeing an attack here either.

If someone feels that they're being attacked, please report it to the mods.

But...disagreeing isn't an attack.

'shut up you stupid shipper' is an attack. or 'bite me you idiotic weasel'

those are attacks :)

Liam Kincaid
January 16th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Why no option for two Weirs, one real and one copy? The copy could be either good or evil, although, if they went with two Weirs, they would probably make the copy evil.

tvlvr
January 16th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Why no option for two Weirs, one real and one copy? The copy could be either good or evil, although, if they went with two Weirs, they would probably make the copy evil.

I like that idea. That should be an option to vote for. Have the real Weir full time and the copy an evil reocurring character.

Ruined_puzzle
January 16th, 2008, 06:15 PM
I like that idea. That should be an option to vote for. Have the real Weir full time and the copy an evil reocurring character.

O-O I'd like that. Too bad tptb don't. But zomg two Weir's would make me happy.

Briangate78
January 16th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I'm not seeing an attack here either.

If someone feels that they're being attacked, please report it to the mods.

But...disagreeing isn't an attack.

'shut up you stupid shipper' is an attack. or 'bite me you idiotic weasel'

those are attacks :)

I didn't do it this time. :S :p

KikeGate
January 16th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Hi everyone,
First time poster!.
I think the writers would bring Weir back as Recurring Character.
Based on the events of last two replicator-arc episodes, They ( the writers ) are heading for a new direction for Weir's Character as a new villian rather than a Leader of Atlantis again because of the "security risk" she might pose. I suspect that at the end of her arc after "rescuing" her by Shepp/McKay stuff, she will ascend and join to Ancients. That would be a happy ending and won't upset many fans.

So recurring Character would be plausible soluction.

Skydiver
January 17th, 2008, 06:52 AM
cause no one thought of it when we made the poll :)

I mean, not to drag out a cliche, but there are TONS of ways to bring her back, be she good, be she bad, be she something in between.

It's all probably gonna be up to

how much time torri can/will commit
how it fits in with ideas they have now

who does/doesn't sign up for s5.

Jumper_One
January 17th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Hi everyone,
First time poster!.
I think the writers would bring Weir back as Recurring Character.
Based on the events of last two replicator-arc episodes, They ( the writers ) are heading for a new direction for Weir's Character as a new villian rather than a Leader of Atlantis again because of the "security risk" she might pose. I suspect that at the end of her arc after "rescuing" her by Shepp/McKay stuff, she will ascend and join to Ancients. That would be a happy ending and won't upset many fans.

So recurring Character would be plausible soluction.

I hope she'll be back as a new villain, that'd be very cool imo. however I disagree about the ascension part, TBTB have used this plot device a lot in SG-1 and it'd be a much too easy and convenient solution to bring her back

Mitchell82
January 17th, 2008, 05:28 PM
I wasn't attacking you. You posted this:

I was merely replying with MY opinion. which was this:
I am the first to apologise when I'm worng so I'm sorry. Been a rough few days.

As I stated before - there is no proof - either way - about Weir. If JM himself said that it depends on which PTB you ask - then there's no way that WE know the truth yet.
On that note I agree and again sorry.

Mitchell82
January 17th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I hope she'll be back as a new villain, that'd be very cool imo. however I disagree about the ascension part, TBTB have used this plot device a lot in SG-1 and it'd be a much too easy and convenient solution to bring her back

Agreed.

Suzotchka
January 17th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I am the first to apologise when I'm worng so I'm sorry. Been a rough few days.

On that note I agree and again sorry.

No worries! Everyone has a bad day once and a while. :)

Mitchell82
January 17th, 2008, 05:33 PM
No worries! Everyone has a bad day once and a while. :)

Thanks.

Briangate78
January 17th, 2008, 05:36 PM

Meh, that would be too SG-1, even I would admit that.

Ruined_puzzle
January 17th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Meh, that would be too SG-1, even I would admit that.

but but... remembers people saying that it was okay to take ideas/plot/whatever from SG-1 into SGA.

Briangate78
January 17th, 2008, 05:43 PM
but but... remembers people saying that it was okay to take ideas/plot/whatever from SG-1 into SGA.

Remember RepliCarter? That would be an exact idea. I think Weir will be the real Weir who is likely on a mission with this faction to obtain a goal. I could see the Atlantis team for several eps trying to get her back but she is not her old self. Still a part of the real Dr. Weir is there, and it will be up to Sheppard and co to save her. I can think of so many ideas and plots for this. Evil Replicator Weir would be a direct plot from Season 8's repliCarter. I just do not see that happening with this.

I have no clue why I put that in spoiler tags. Sorry I'm cranky now. I was happy before as you saw, but now I want to throw something. :S

Killdeer
January 17th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Evil Replicator Weir would be a direct plot from Season 8's repliCarter. I just do not see that happening with this.

I have no clue why I put that in spoiler tags. Sorry I'm cranky now. I was happy before as you saw, but now I want to throw something. :S

I completely agree with you on Evil Repli!Weir, and I hope they don't go that way.

Sorry you're not in a good mood! :(

Briangate78
January 17th, 2008, 06:02 PM
I completely agree with you on Evil Repli!Weir, and I hope they don't go that way.

Sorry you're not in a good mood! :(

Meh something happened in my personal life, I came on here and am just meh, you know?

How about they announce Weir's return for next season tonight? That will put me in a good mood. ;)

Agent_Dark
January 17th, 2008, 06:08 PM
evil weir would be way better. make her crew independent maybe, like fighting wraith and asuran remenants and Atlantis.

Killdeer
January 17th, 2008, 06:14 PM
How about they announce Weir's return for next season tonight? That will put me in a good mood. ;)

That would be awesome. :)

KikeGate
January 17th, 2008, 07:51 PM

Well, if the ancients are still a great part of the stargate cannon ( regarless their flaws ), everything related to them....should be used in Stargate Universe without complaining about rip offs from SG1. That includes ascencion, so if Daniel was ascended so can Weir. After all both characters had empathy with the Ancients..
Oh course, We ultimately don't know how the Writers will handle Weir's Character or what decisions they made in that regard. We'll problably find out in few weeks when S5 start taking shape and learn if Torri acepted their terms.

Jumper_One
January 18th, 2008, 09:38 AM
evil weir would be way better. make her crew independent maybe, like fighting wraith and asuran remenants and Atlantis.

I'd like that

Well, if the ancients are still a great part of the stargate cannon ( regarless their flaws ), everything related to them....should be used in Stargate Universe without complaining about rip offs from SG1. That includes ascencion, so if Daniel was ascended so can Weir. After all both characters had empathy with the Ancients..
Oh course, We ultimately don't know how the Writers will handle Weir's Character or what decisions they made in that regard. We'll problably find out in few weeks when S5 start taking shape and learn if Torri acepted their terms.

I'm not talking about SG-1 rip offs. there may have been a few eps that resembled SG-1 eps but certainly no rehashs of some sort imo. of course the Ancients are an important part of SGA but I'm sure TBTB are able to develop another way to bring her back - if they want to and personally I don't think they do

Mitchell82
January 18th, 2008, 09:53 AM

Agreed.

Briangate78
January 18th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Again,

Evil Repli-Weir = RepliCarter

I loved the story arc for Season 8, but once is enough.

I rather they use the idea of these replicator and the "Real" Weir trying to reach ascension. There is so many opportunities they can take it.

Sorry that is just my opinion. :)

Mitchell82
January 18th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Again,

Evil Repli-Weir = RepliCarter

I loved the story arc for Season 8, but once is enough.

I rather they use the idea of these replicator and the "Real" Weir trying to reach ascension. There is so many opportunities they can take it.

Sorry that is just my opinion. :)

I see your point I just don't want them playing the ascension card. In this case it would smell of cop-out. If I had to choose between the two options it's RepliWeir.

Briangate78
January 18th, 2008, 10:33 AM
I see your point I just don't want them playing the ascension card. In this case it would smell of cop-out. If I had to choose between the two options it's RepliWeir.

I totally understand where you are coming from. We have heard about Ascension on Atlantis and have even seen supporting character ascend like in "Epiphany". I would not mind them playing this card for Weir. It just has to be told in a different way, and not like "Merdian" or "Threads" .

Mitchell82
January 18th, 2008, 10:34 AM
I totally understand where you are coming from. We have heard about Ascension on Atlantis and have even seen supporting character ascend like in "Epiphany". I would not mind them playing this card for Weir. It just has to be told in a different way, and not like "Merdian" or "Threads" .

*sigh* I can't agrue with that. It could work if done differently and well. Those two eps were done very well so it is possible.

Briangate78
January 18th, 2008, 10:40 AM
*sigh* I can't agrue with that. It could work if done differently and well. Those two eps were done very well so it is possible.

I just feel her character has always been based on doing the right thing. Hence some of her decisions she had trouble making. They could 180 her character and make evil and then possibly save her down the road. I just think we got something hot and the producers need to continue with it next season, no matter which direction they choose. :p

Come to the dark side!! *We have cookies* :lol:

Jumper_One
January 18th, 2008, 10:52 AM
RepliCarter and RepliWeir are two very different characters imo, so I wouldn't mind if she's evil. as for ascension, I just think it'd be way too easy to get Weir back that way

Briangate78
January 18th, 2008, 10:57 AM
RepliCarter and RepliWeir are two very different characters imo, so I wouldn't mind if she's evil. as for ascension, I just think it'd be way too easy to get Weir back that way

But but but but I like the Ascension idea. :( :p

Killdeer
January 18th, 2008, 11:01 AM

I'd rather have ascension than RepliWeir. I just seriously do NOT like the RepliWeir idea, sorry guys. I don't know if I could watch those episodes if they brought a RepliWeir in.

Jumper_One
January 18th, 2008, 11:09 AM

sorry dude :D I like ascension too, just not in this case ;)

Briangate78
January 18th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I'd rather have ascension than RepliWeir. I just seriously do NOT like the RepliWeir idea, sorry guys. I don't know if I could watch those episodes if they brought a RepliWeir in.

The only way I will accept an evil Weir is if it's the real Weir Flesh and blood and is being controlled by nanites. It would make it a mission for Atlantis to try and save her. I've always been a sucker for the turning one to good from evil bit.

Briangate78
January 18th, 2008, 11:10 AM

I'm not talking to you anymore. You just crushed my hope and dreams. :( ;) :lol: :p

Jumper_One
January 18th, 2008, 11:11 AM
The only way I will accept an evil Weir is if it's the real Weir Flesh and blood and is being controlled by nanites. It would make it a mission for Atlantis to try and save her. I've always been a sucker for the turning one to good from evil bit.

that's such a cliche ;)

Briangate78
January 18th, 2008, 11:13 AM
that's such a cliche ;)

Worked for Star Wars. :p

Jumper_One
January 18th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Worked for Star Wars. :p

not just SW, that's why it is a cliche ;) you're talking to me? :P

Briangate78
January 18th, 2008, 11:32 AM
not just SW, that's why it is a cliche ;) you're talking to me? :P

Of course I am. :p I just hope for certain things to happen. I care most importantly for the overall show to be great.

Mitchell82
January 18th, 2008, 11:35 AM

I have to agree. Sorry Brian.;)

Mitchell82
January 18th, 2008, 11:36 AM

I'd like that too but I also wouldn't mind RepliWeir.

Briangate78
January 18th, 2008, 11:36 AM

Nooooooooooooooooooo! oh ok. :p

Jumper_One
January 18th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Of course I am. :p I just hope for certain things to happen. I care most importantly for the overall show to be great.

I know you do :) this poll is actually quite interesting, 45/31 people want her back full time. we know this won't happen because TH only wants to do a couple of eps, so the next option would be evil Weir 1-3 eps (26) ;)

yup

Mitchell82
January 18th, 2008, 11:40 AM
I know you do :) this poll is actually quite interesting, 45/31 people want her back full time. we know this won't happen because TH only wants to do a couple of eps, so the next option would be evil Weir 1-3 eps ;)
Fine by me.;)

Briangate78
January 18th, 2008, 11:42 AM
I know you do :) this poll is actually quite interesting, 45/31 people want her back full time. we know this won't happen because TH only wants to do a couple of eps, so the next option would be evil Weir 1-3 eps ;)

yup

The only way Weir can come back Full-time is if Carter is reduced to recurring or just makes guest spots. So the chances there are little if any. Unless Tapping wants out, then they may approach Torri.

As per the 5+ eps. It all depends what they have to put on the table. Dude, 1 episode is Pathetic , it's like saying oh yeah we want you back for one ep. Hmmm, I'd tell them to go shove it if I was Torri. 3 or 4 sounds healthy, but could be more depending on the role.

Oh sorry for the Green comment, I sorta hit the enter button and did not get to type what I was going to say. LOL!

Mitchell82
January 18th, 2008, 11:45 AM
The only way Weir can come back Full-time is if Carter is reduced to recurring or just makes guest spots. So the chances there are little if any. Unless Tapping wants out, then they may approach Torri.
And the chance AT would want out is slim so.....

As per the 5+ eps. It all depends what they have to put on the table. Dude, 1 episode is patethic, it's like saying oh yeah we want you back for one ep. Hmmm, I'd tell them to go shove it if I was Torri. 3 or 4 sounds healthy, but could be more depending on the role.
True. 3-4 eps is ok but any more is too much.

Jumper_One
January 18th, 2008, 11:47 AM
The only way Weir can come back Full-time is if Carter is reduced to recurring or just makes guest spots. So the chances there are little if any.

not gonna happen

Unless Tapping wants out, then they may approach Torri.

VERY unlikely

As per the 5+ eps. It all depends what they have to put on the table. Dude, 1 episode is Pathetic , it's like saying oh yeah we want you back for one ep. Hmmm, I'd tell them to go shove it if I was Torri. 3 or 4 sounds healthy, but could be more depending on the role.

I agree, if TBTB want her back it should be for more than just one ep. but 5 eps is just too much, that'd be like every fourth ep :eek:

Oh sorry for the Green comment, I sorta hit the enter button and did not get to type what I was going to say. LOL!

lol no problem :P

IlluZen
January 18th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I know you do :) this poll is actually quite interesting, 45/31 people want her back full time. we know this won't happen because TH only wants to do a couple of eps, so the next option would be evil Weir 1-3 eps (26) ;)

[mod snip]
Personally, I kinda like the idea of evil Weir. Just so long as they don't leave her hanging like Ford. :ford:
(The law of TV deaths: if they don't die on camera, then they aren't really dead--and even then they can still come back *cough*Carson*cough*). :beckettanime04:

Jumper_One
January 18th, 2008, 01:25 PM
{mod snip}

Personally, I kinda like the idea of evil Weir. Just so long as they don't leave her hanging like Ford. :ford:
(The law of TV deaths: if they don't die on camera, then they aren't really dead--and even then they can still come back *cough*Carson*cough*). :beckettanime04:

I was actually expecting that the majority would want Weir back full time but this poll shows how much potential people see if she were evil Weir

Killdeer
January 18th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Actually, only 23% of people who wanted Weir to return voted for an evil Weir as of this posting date. 35/151 total voters (I subtracted the 15 who didn't want her back at all - the number is 21% with them included).

[mod snip]I voted to bring Elizabeth back full-time, and I've never been involved with SEW in any way, shape, or form.

Irish Eyes
January 18th, 2008, 08:29 PM
I'm part of SEW and I haven't even voted yet. I'm still not sure which option would be best for the character.

I really hope Torri can say something at the con she'll be attending at the end of the month. Maybe the writers have come up with something really amazing and she'll be in at least half the episodes. :cool:

Chrysalis
January 18th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Actually, only 23% of people who wanted Weir to return voted for an evil Weir as of this posting date. 35/151 total voters (I subtracted the 15 who didn't want her back at all - the number is 21% with them included).

[mod snip] I voted to bring Elizabeth back full-time, and I've never been involved with SEW in any way, shape, or form.

I haven't even voted, and I'm not the only Weir fan who hasn't.

The claim that we're coming here and having a mass voting session is a crock of you know what.

A lot of us are more concerned about what Torri wants and what Torri would see as acceptable than going "She must come back now!!!"

The reaction to TMC and BAMSR shows that her appeal extends beyond the realms of SEW. Anyone who claims otherwise is doing it out of spite.

Personally, I'm sick of people saying "Well obviously it's rigged" or "Obviously those Weir fans are recruiting people" any time she does well in a poll. That's an insult to Torri, and is essentially like saying that she's not popular enough to get a reaction on her own.

Chrysalis
January 18th, 2008, 08:50 PM
I agree, if TBTB want her back it should be for more than just one ep. but 5 eps is just too much, that'd be like every fourth ep :eek:

Too much for you is not enough for others.

Personally, I think 14 episodes of Carter and 8 episodes of Keller (or is it 12?) is way too much.

If I never see those two characters again it'll be too soon. However, I'd gladly have Beckett or Weir in 8, 12 or 14 episodes next season.

Ruined_puzzle
January 18th, 2008, 09:37 PM

Personally, I think 14 episodes of Carter and 8 episodes of Keller (or is it 12?) is way too much.

If I never see those two characters again it'll be too soon. However, I'd gladly have Beckett or Weir in 8, 12 or 14 episodes next season.

IA.

Briangate78
January 19th, 2008, 06:46 AM

That will most likely happen for Beckett. It's pretty obvious that he will return. As per Weir. Well just have to hope no bridges were burned and she gets asked and also she wants to come back.

Briangate78
January 19th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Bridges burned? [mod snip]

She's been nothing but humble, gracious and positive about the show.

No I hear rumors from people which I love how some people think. :rolleyes: saying she told interviewers she was never coming back and etc.

If she got along with the cast and crew which we know is true. Since people like Joe F have supported her, it makes it clear there should be no issues to have her return.

Chrysalis
January 19th, 2008, 07:47 AM
No I hear rumors from people which I love how some people think. :rolleyes: saying she told interviewers she was never coming back and etc.

If she got along with the cast and crew which we know is true. Since people like Joe F have supported her, it makes it clear there should be no issues to have her return.

If you're talking about that article a while ago where the writer made a comment about her not being back, he/she asked her if she was going to be in season five and then said "She sadly said no" or something like that.

That means she hasn't been approached. Either that or she doesn't want to go back. Not that she's 'burned bridges'. She's too smart to burn bridges.

suse
January 19th, 2008, 08:37 AM
I haven't even voted, and I'm not the only Weir fan who hasn't.

The claim that we're coming here and having a mass voting session is a crock of you know what.

A lot of us are more concerned about what Torri wants and what Torri would see as acceptable than going "She must come back now!!!"

The reaction to TMC and BAMSR shows that her appeal extends beyond the realms of SEW. Anyone who claims otherwise is doing it out of spite.

Personally, I'm sick of people saying "Well obviously it's rigged" or "Obviously those Weir fans are recruiting people" any time she does well in a poll. That's an insult to Torri, and is essentially like saying that she's not popular enough to get a reaction on her own.

Actually I didn't see the reaction to TMC to be that good. Not bad, but not nearly what the reaction to BAMSR was. And the last few seconds of BAMSR definitely got a reaction. :jonas16: It wasn't appeal though.

The "Well it's rigged" stuff goes around all the time, not just about Weir. It's just the nature of fandom. <<shrug>> It's my guess that I think too little of Weir and you think too much of her.

Personally, I'd rather have her used sparingly, if at all. I never saw the draw to the SGA version of the character - I tried and tried, it just wasn't there. Torri said TPTB told her to go with her version of Weir, not Steen's. A mistake imo. But that decision sure made it easy for Shep to overrule her on a regular basis. :( I loved the chutzpah of the Lost City Pt 1 version of Weir. The SGA one just never gelled for me. And no, it has nothing to do with hair color or breast size. :rolleyes: I'm not that shallow - or interested in those aspects of a female character I can see - if well-written - Weir having a somewhat interesting storyline. As long as they don't delve into what they've already done on SG-1 (with Sam, no less).:S I'm just not sure I'd be interested enough to stay interested. Too much water under that bridge. With 3 years of reenforcement.

suse

Mitchell82
January 19th, 2008, 11:30 AM
That will most likely happen for Beckett. It's pretty obvious that he will return. As per Weir. Well just have to hope no bridges were burned and she gets asked and also she wants to come back.

I have no issue with either coming back for a few eps I doubt however that it will be that many.

Briangate78
January 19th, 2008, 11:49 AM
I have no issue with either coming back for a few eps I doubt however that it will be that many.

I do think Beckett will get a recurring role!

Jumper_One
January 19th, 2008, 12:56 PM
I do think Beckett will get a recurring role!

so do I, maybe 8-10 eps. I still don't see Weir having more than 4 eps sorry

blue-skyz
January 19th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Torri said TPTB told her to go with her version of Weir, not Steen's. A mistake imo. But that decision sure made it easy for Shep to overrule her on a regular basis.
I’ve asked this several times and I never really get an answer.

Leaving out The Hot Zone (because it is a special case) which episodes are examples of Sheppard overruling Weir? I mostly remember him being subservient to her.

Chrysalis
January 19th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Actually I didn't see the reaction to TMC to be that good. Not bad, but not nearly what the reaction to BAMSR was. And the last few seconds of BAMSR definitely got a reaction. :jonas16: It wasn't appeal though.

The "Well it's rigged" stuff goes around all the time, not just about Weir. It's just the nature of fandom. <<shrug>> It's my guess that I think too little of Weir and you think too much of her.

Personally, I'd rather have her used sparingly, if at all. I never saw the draw to the SGA version of the character - I tried and tried, it just wasn't there. Torri said TPTB told her to go with her version of Weir, not Steen's. A mistake imo. But that decision sure made it easy for Shep to overrule her on a regular basis. :( I loved the chutzpah of the Lost City Pt 1 version of Weir. The SGA one just never gelled for me. And no, it has nothing to do with hair color or breast size. :rolleyes: I'm not that shallow - or interested in those aspects of a female character I can see - if well-written - Weir having a somewhat interesting storyline. As long as they don't delve into what they've already done on SG-1 (with Sam, no less).:S I'm just not sure I'd be interested enough to stay interested. Too much water under that bridge. With 3 years of reenforcement.

suse

Chutzpah? Right. Well this just shows how things are open to interpretation. To me, she played it like a ditzy cheerleader.

She also looked too much like Sam.

The funniest thing in all of this is that the people who are all "Get over it, Torri's gone" are the ones who still harp on about Jessica Steen, who according to what I've heard didn't want the job.

Jumper_One
January 19th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Chutzpah? Right. Well this just shows how things are open to interpretation. To me, she played it like a ditzy cheerleader.

The funniest thing in all of this is that the people who are all "Get over it, Torri's gone" are the ones who still harp on about Jessica Steen, who according to what I've heard didn't want the job.

well apparently I'm one of those people and imo TH played Weir a million times better than JS ;)

Fenrir Foxz
January 20th, 2008, 04:35 AM
well apparently I'm one of those people and imo TH played Weir a million times better than JS ;)

Yeah I agree, When season 8 of Sg1 premiered I though why have TPTB done this... I mean from 'Lost City', that Dr Weir was different in alot of ways... But to be perfectly honest I wont even try to imagine what the character Elizabeth Weir would have been like *throughout S1 to S3 of Atlantis* played by J.S... To me T.H. almost immidiately shined as Weir and not long into S1 of Atlantis I had accepted her without even giving though to J.S. (I got nothing against the actress, just a preference of who I see as Dr Weir *even though I liked her version of Weir in 'Lost City'*)...

mcbarr
January 20th, 2008, 05:00 AM

And want Carter for 12 years. ;)

Ebeneezer_Goode
January 20th, 2008, 05:17 AM

You heard wrong.

suse
January 20th, 2008, 05:24 AM
And want Carter for 12 years. ;)

Want Carter for 12 years if AT is *wanting* to play Carter for 12 years. ;)

BTW, I'm hardly 'harping' in Steen. Yes, I preferred her. But it's not like I tried (or frankly had the interest in trying) to replace TH with JS in my mind. It's not that deep.

It all comes down to preferences. <<shrug>> And I prefer no Weir at all at this point. Do I think it'll happen? I doubt it.

Whatever.

suse

mcbarr
January 20th, 2008, 05:31 AM
You heard wrong.

Where did you hear 'right' then?

Want Carter for 12 years if AT is *wanting* to play Carter for 12 years. ;)

You're right. She's the problem, not you.

Ebeneezer_Goode
January 20th, 2008, 05:33 AM

Her agent said she wanted to play the role, she was even payed not to take on any more jobs so she would be available, but for whatever reason they recast the character.

mcbarr
January 20th, 2008, 05:35 AM
Her agent said she wanted to play the role, she was even payed not to take on any more jobs so she would be available, but for whatever reason they recast the character.

Source?

Ebeneezer_Goode
January 20th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Source?

Q: Jessica played the character of Dr. Elizabeth Weir in the season 7 finale' of Stargate SG-1. Why did they hire another actress to play that same character in the spinoff series Stargate: Atlantis?
A: We don't know why. When Jessica was hired for the 2 part Season 7 finale' (Lost City) she was told that her character might be in a possible Stargate spinoff series. Jessica was even paid not to take any other work until it was decided if they were going to do the spinoff. Stargate:Atlantis was eventually given the green light, but for whatever reason, "the powers that be" decided to go with another actress.

http://www.jessicasteen.com/jsp_faq.html

mcbarr
January 20th, 2008, 05:52 AM
Q: Jessica played the character of Dr. Elizabeth Weir in the season 7 finale' of Stargate SG-1. Why did they hire another actress to play that same character in the spinoff series Stargate: Atlantis?
A: We don't know why. When Jessica was hired for the 2 part Season 7 finale' (Lost City) she was told that her character might be in a possible Stargate spinoff series. Jessica was even paid not to take any other work until it was decided if they were going to do the spinoff. Stargate:Atlantis was eventually given the green light, but for whatever reason, "the powers that be" decided to go with another actress.

Well, I didn't know that. Ahh, TPTB! :rolleyes: Maybe JS looked too much like Sam? Just goes to show there's far more to what's happening right now than the 'official version'. However, the fact that TPTB treated JS badly doesn't justify they screw another actress who's been playing Dr. Weir for four years now, and has many fans, just to favor a character who's been around for over a decade.

Briangate78
January 20th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Hey guys this thread is if you want Weir/Torri Higginson back for season 5 and if you do which kind of role.

Back on topic

I want to see Weir for at least 5 eps next season. Her story arc is very interesting and I am glad the producers said they will continue her story arc. Hopefully with Weir they will continue it.

suse
January 20th, 2008, 07:39 AM

You're right. She's the problem, not you.

In your opinion. ;)

Well, I didn't know that. Ahh, TPTB! :rolleyes: Maybe JS looked too much like Sam? Just goes to show there's far more to what's happening right now than the 'official version'. However, the fact that TPTB treated JS badly doesn't justify they screw another actress who's been playing Dr. Weir for four years now, and has many fans, just to favor a character who's been around for over a decade.

Keep repeating that. Even though it's been explained 800, 874 times that that isn't the case. :rolleyes:

On topic: Weir is blah. imo ;) Have less desire to see her every minute.

suse

mcbarr
January 20th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Whateva! :rolleyes:

suse
January 20th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Whateva! :rolleyes:

Oddly enough I agree with that! :P :rolleyes::indeed:

suse

mcbarr
January 20th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Excellent.

suse
January 20th, 2008, 08:46 AM
In your opinion. ;)

Keep repeating that. Even though it's been explained 800, 874 times that that isn't the case. :rolleyes:

On topic: Weir is blah. imo ;) Have less desire to see her every minute.

suse

Nice Celcool. LOL indeed.

you're blah LOL

suse

Mitchell82
January 20th, 2008, 11:48 AM
so do I, maybe 8-10 eps. I still don't see Weir having more than 4 eps sorry

Per Carson it's possible but with Keller there too it may not be that many. Per Weir I can't see more than that either.

Jumper_One
January 20th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Per Carson it's possible but with Keller there too it may not be that many. Per Weir I can't see more than that either.

we'll have to wait and see, can't do much more than that anyway

Mitchell82
January 20th, 2008, 12:11 PM
we'll have to wait and see, can't do much more than that anyway

Exactly.

Skydiver
January 20th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Let's get your personal issues to yourself please. Complaining about reds is a personal issue and best left off the list. Not only is it a personal issue, it's off topic

Fenrir Foxz
January 20th, 2008, 01:58 PM

Wow! I never knew that... thanks for the info :)

Hey guys this thread is if you want Weir/Torri Higginson back for season 5 and if you do which kind of role.

Back on topic

I want to see Weir for at least 5 eps next season. Her story arc is very interesting and I am glad the producers said they will continue her story arc. Hopefully with Weir they will continue it.

I would like to see Weir return for at least 3-4 eps, but as others have said it does depend on if T.H. can/will do that and a sizable arc written for her *to span those eps*... There are so many good stories that could be written to accommodate Weir in S5 and I hope TPTB see the value in bringing her back *and of course T.H. can/is willing to comeback*...

justhere1971
January 20th, 2008, 03:50 PM
I voted, back full time in a new role. I don't know for continuities sake how she can come back to old role, but if the writers can come up with a feasible storyline, I am all for the old role.

I just want her back. That's all.

Jackie
January 20th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I would go for full time in either her old job or a new one. As long as tptb don't make her into the female version of Ford...I would be happy.:)

However, logic tell me that we might get her back for 2 eps in season 5 that will be all.:(

Mitchell82
January 20th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I voted, back full time in a new role. I don't know for continuities sake how she can come back to old role, but if the writers can come up with a feasible storyline, I am all for the old role.

I just want her back. That's all.

I don't think there is a way to bring her old role back. Not to mention she won't come back full time TH said that herself.

Briangate78
January 20th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Wow! I never knew that... thanks for the info :)

I would like to see Weir return for at least 3-4 eps, but as others have said it does depend on if T.H. can/will do that and a sizable arc written for her *to span those eps*... There are so many good stories that could be written to accommodate Weir in S5 and I hope TPTB see the value in bringing her back *and of course T.H. can/is willing to comeback*...

That is most likely going to happen. I don't see more than that, unless they offer her something really big....

*Talks in a deep italian accent voice*

"We'll make an offer she can't refuse" :p

BTW, isn't Joe M italian! :p

Fenrir Foxz
January 20th, 2008, 05:05 PM
That is most likely going to happen. I don't see more than that, unless they offer her something really big....

*Talks in a deep italian accent voice*

"We'll make an offer she can't refuse" :p

BTW, isn't Joe M italian! :p

:lol: I'm not sure... His name suggests yes? :P

How long is it now till we know the cast of S5?
*Fingers crossed for Weir/T.H.*

Mitchell82
January 20th, 2008, 05:07 PM

Too long.
*fingers crossed for AT,JF,DH,RL,PM,JM,JS,TH baisicly I want everyone*

justhere1971
January 20th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Too long.

If only.

Briangate78
January 20th, 2008, 05:18 PM

Could be in a few days. According to Joe M.

Jumper_One
January 20th, 2008, 05:24 PM

from JM's blog

SusantheTartanTurtle writes: “When are we getting to find out who will be in series 5? Any lovely Scottish doctors?”

Answers: I expect we’ll hear by next week at the latest. Possibly.

Fenrir Foxz
January 20th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Too long.

Yup, same here;)

If only.

:indeed:

from JM's blog

SusantheTartanTurtle writes: “When are we getting to find out who will be in series 5? Any lovely Scottish doctors?”

Answers: I expect we’ll hear by next week at the latest. Possibly.

Looking forward to that! :)

Eri13
January 20th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I wonder if Sci-Fi is looking to announce prior to Pegasus 3? As both Torri and Paul will be attending, it would make sense--allowing them to talk about their reappearances. I just hope it's good for both! *crosses fingers*

Is the 'final cast list' only the regular recurring (title credits) or will it list recurring too?

Mitchell82
January 20th, 2008, 05:41 PM
If only.

Well we most likely will get TH for a few eps and maybey Carson. But as long as Amanda, Joe, Jason, Rachel, David, and Jewel are there I'm happy.

Fenrir Foxz
January 20th, 2008, 05:44 PM
I wonder if Sci-Fi is looking to announce prior to Pegasus 3? As both Torri and Paul will be attending, it would make sense--allowing them to talk about their reappearances. I just hope it's good for both! *crosses fingers*

Is the 'final cast list' only the regular recurring (title credits) or will it list recurring too?

Good question;) IDK but I hope so... any conformation about Weir and/or Carson S5 would be great! *Hopefully both*:D

Briangate78
January 20th, 2008, 06:07 PM

Yes, they should if they are on a recurring status. Guest roles will usually be announced down the road.

Well we most likely will get TH for a few eps and maybey Carson. But as long as Amanda, Joe, Jason, Rachel, David, and Jewel are there I'm happy.

We are going to get everyone. ;) So don't worry. :p

Mitchell82
January 20th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Yes, they should if they are on a recurring status. Guest roles will usually be announced down the road.

We are going to get everyone. ;) So don't worry. :p

*wipes brow* Phew! Happy now.

Briangate78
January 20th, 2008, 06:09 PM
*wipes brow* Phew! Happy now.

LOL, well I think it would make everyone happy. Still you cannot get them all full-time.

Mitchell82
January 20th, 2008, 06:12 PM
LOL, well I think it would make everyone happy. Still you cannot get them all full-time.

That's the kicker right there. However the only ones that wouldn't be are Torri, Paul, and Jewel. SO as long as the rest is safe no biggie.

Jumper_One
January 20th, 2008, 06:15 PM
That's the kicker right there. However the only ones that wouldn't be are Torri, Paul, and Jewel. SO as long as the rest is safe no biggie.

yeah I agree

PG15
January 20th, 2008, 06:16 PM
I wonder if Sci-Fi is looking to announce prior to Pegasus 3? As both Torri and Paul will be attending, it would make sense--allowing them to talk about their reappearances.

Oh oh! What day are their panels?

Briangate78
January 20th, 2008, 06:16 PM

I am at the point of being content with some eps with Weir, and a recurring role for Carson and Jewel. I have such high hopes for Season 5, and I think there will be many more seasons after this one, imho.

BTW, won't say how many eps I want for Weir, because Jumper_one will just say " I Don't think that will happen" :p Just messing with ya dude. :p

Mitchell82
January 20th, 2008, 06:17 PM
yeah I agree

Now if I hear that Joe, Jason, Rachel, David or Amanda were reduced to recurring or not returning, then I'd be a bit upset.

Eri13
January 20th, 2008, 06:18 PM

I haven't ever had a doubt about the current full time cast, save perhaps AT, who is on a year-by-year basis with her contract now, right? There are no rumblings about her not returning so I'm assuming we'll get full time Sam, too.

My concern has been about Torri coming back for more than a guest starring role. I'd like to see Paul, too, but because I came into Atlantis so late, and actually watched Sunday before I watched S1 and S2, I wasn't as attached to him (knowing what was going to happen to him). I didn't see First Strike and find out about Torri until I'd grown attached to Weir.

But I liked Carson, so I'd love to see him back too.

Eri13
January 20th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Oh oh! What day are their panels?

This is all I know--people who have tickets may have more info:

http://www.wolfevents.com/php/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=70&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Mitchell82
January 20th, 2008, 06:21 PM
I haven't ever had a doubt about the current full time cast, save perhaps AT, who is on a year-by-year basis with her contract now, right? There are no rumblings about her not returning so I'm assuming we'll get full time Sam, too.

My concern has been about Torri coming back for more than a guest starring role. I'd like to see Paul, too, but because I came into Atlantis so late, and actually watched Sunday before I watched S1 and S2, I wasn't as attached to him (knowing what was going to happen to him). I didn't see First Strike and find out about Torri until I'd grown attached to Weir.

But I liked Carson, so I'd love to see him back too.

AT had one year left on her contract so instead of just paying her they brought her over. So yeah she is year by year. Torri herself said only a guest role so most likely if we see her at all it will likely be no more than 4-6 episodes.

Jumper_One
I am at the point of being content with some eps with Weir, and a recurring role for Carson and Jewel. I have such high hopes for Season 5, and I think there will be many more seasons after this one, imho.

BTW, won't say how many eps I want for Weir, because Jumper_one will just say " I Don't think that will happen" :p Just messing with ya dude. :p

you know I don't think that will happen... :P

Now if I hear that Joe, Jason, Rachel, David or Amanda were reduced to recurring or not returning, then I'd be a bit upset.

oh me too, that would definitely suck! but hey it's very unlikely so I'm not worried :)

Briangate78

The main team, um let's call them SGA-1! LOL! Sheppard, Mckay, Ronon, and Teyla all have contracts I believe to Season 6! Now Carter/Tapping, She likely have the same role which is like 14/20 eps maybe less, maybe more. I think Carter, Carson, Weir, and Keller are the only ones in question...

1. If they are returning
2. For what kind of role
3. How many episodes.

Briangate78
January 20th, 2008, 06:22 PM
you know I don't think that will happen... :P

Wha? I was going to say 2 to 3 eps. :rolleyes: :p

Jumper_One
January 20th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Wha? I was going to say 2 to 3 eps. :rolleyes: :p

yeah sure :rolleyes: :D

Eri13
January 20th, 2008, 06:24 PM
The main team, um let's call them SGA-1! LOL! Sheppard, Mckay, Ronon, and Teyla all have contracts I believe to Season 6! Now Carter/Tapping, She likely have the same role which is like 14/20 eps maybe less, maybe more. I think Carter, Carson, Weir, and Keller are the only ones in question...

1. If they are returning
2. For what kind of role
3. How many episodes.

Keller's out of the 'If they are are returning'--we definitely know Jewel is returning since she stated in her blog she was. My guess is recurring, same as this year, because she didn't mention more.

justhere1971
January 20th, 2008, 06:43 PM

I am for all of them except Jewel. Still can't warm up to her character.

Back on topic, yes I'd love to see Weir back in S5 full time.

Bagpuss
January 20th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Hoping for plenty Weir in S5,I voted "Real Weir,recurring in 4-6 eps".

(Though I'll be ok with whatever TH signs up for ,as long as the story arcs are good ,and it all gels.:))

jenks
January 20th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Let's get your personal issues to yourself please. Complaining about reds is a personal issue and best left off the list. Not only is it a personal issue, it's off topic

Are personal attacks in 'reds' against the rules?

Bey0nd
May 3rd, 2008, 12:32 AM

I would like to see the Weir character saved but it won't be Jessica, she's busy with J-Pod and a movie called Vipers

Torri012
May 5th, 2008, 10:28 PM
i want her:

back
full time
new job (evil would be really cool ;))