This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you/Do you want Weir back in Season 5? Spoilers for BAMSR'd

How would you like to see Weir come back in season 5?

Not at all – 0 episodes

Real Weir (Recurring): 1-3 episodes
    Real Weir (Recurring): 4-6 episodes
    Real Weir (Recurring): 7 or more episodes

Real Weir (Full time): Old Job
    Real Weir (Full time): New role

Good (Recurring): 1-3 episodes
    Good (Recurring): 4-6 episodes
    Good (Recurring): 7 or more episodes

Good (Full time): Old Job
    Good (Full time): New role

Evil (Recurring): 1-3 episodes
    Evil (Recurring): 4-6 episodes
    Evil (Recurring): 7 or more episodes
    ---

This is an updated version of an old and closed thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=49371

so please continue the convo from that thread to this one
    Not at all – 0 episodes
    12.21%
    Real Weir (Recurring): 1-3 episodes
    0.47%
    Real Weir (Recurring): 4-6 episodes
    2.82%
    Real Weir (Recurring): 7 or more episodes
    5.63%
    Real Weir (Full time): Old Job
    25.82%
    Real Weir (Full time): New role
    17.84%
    Good (Recurring): 1-3 episodes
    3.76%
    Good (Recurring): 4-6 episodes
    2.82%
    Good (Recurring): 7 or more episodes
    0.47%
    Good (Full time): Old Job
    3.29%
    Good (Full time): New role
    5.16%
    Evil (Recurring): 1-3 episodes
    13.15%
    Evil (Recurring): 4-6 episodes
    4.23%
    Evil (Recurring): 7 or more episodes
    2.35%
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

And let's remember please, respect others. Let's NOT bash others for their opinions. Let's not bash the characters. This is NOT a Carter vs Weir thread. Leave the rhetoric at the door and simply discuss 'How/Do you want Weir back'
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm confused. Does good mean the Weir we saw in TMC?
      sigpic
      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

I hate to complain Sky but isn't good Weir mean she is the real Weir.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I hate to complain Sky but isn't good Weir mean she is the real Weir.
          No, the RepliWeir/DupliWeir could be good.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
            No, the RepliWeir/DupliWeir could be good.
            Right. There's been talk that the Weir we saw could be the new baddy repli/duply Weir.
            sig made by me

Comment

Oh damn, I can't vote for multiple choices. I'd like to see real!Weir in any capacity or good repli!Weir in any capacity, no real preference as to which one or how many eps she has. I didn't vote because I couldn't narrow it down further than that.

Evil Weir (and I mean aggressively evil and not just "bugger off, we're trying to learn how to ascend here") doesn't really appeal to me.

Comment

I honestly don't know which option to pick. Ideally I would want Weir full time in her old role. But that's not going to happen so the next best thing for me would be the real Weir, full time or recurring(10 or more), as anything but evil.

Decisions, decisions. Too many options. I can't choose. lol.
                sigpic
                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

I voted for Real Weir 7 episodes or more I almost voted for old job but if it is Real Weir she is good.
                  sigpic
                  My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                  poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I say evil 7 or more
                    sigpic

Comment

LOL - after all that discussion in the other thread, I can't make up my mind either.

Real Weir, recurring or full time, old or new job, at least 4 episodes, and not evil.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                      sigpic

Comment

RepliWeir can do more of the show then real Weir can. I DO NOT want her back as leader, that just defies logic in my mind. But I like to see here in a few episodes in season 5, depends entirely how the storyline works. Good/Bad Wier? Bad Wier seems contrived, comone we had RepliCarter, while cool - no to repeating it. Good RepliWier is way more interesting. Actually deal with is RepliWier, Wier? Is it possible to accept it, can they, must they?

Comment

OK. Here's the thing...I really like the Elizabeth Weir character. I liked all the Atlantis characters, but if I had to rank them, Elizabeth would have been third, behind Rodney and Sheppard, and with Carson running a close fourth. I liked the dynamic that she had with the cast, those three guys in particular. And I thought she did a fine job as a leader.

Would it be unrealistic to have her take her old job back? Probably. But frankly I really don't care. Sorry. I don't think she should come back exactly like it was before - the experience should have changed her, and I don't think she should be a lead again, but I ideally would like to have her back in her old job.

Realistically....that's not going to happen. Realistically, I think we'll be very very lucky to get 4 episodes. So, given those limitations, I would like to see her as a recurring ally, in at least four or five episodes but I'd gladly take more. And for me, it absolutely MUST be the real Weir. The biggest reason I had such a hard time with TMC was not because it was a bad episode in and of itself, it was because we weren't dealing with the real team or the real Weir, and I couldn't really make myself care that much about either one. If the real Weir really is dead, then I'd rather not have any Weir at all.

Just my perspective! And no, I haven't voted yet - I can't decide which option best fits.
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm confused as well. I don't want her back as definitively good or definitively evil. I do want the real Weir, but she could just be self-serving, rather than a straight out ally or a straight out enemy.
                            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                              I'm confused as well. I don't want her back as definitively good or definitively evil. I do want the real Weir, but she could just be self-serving, rather than a straight out ally or a straight out enemy.
                              Hmmm. I can't imagine Weir being self-serving, not the Elizabeth we know. I can see her being evil, if she's controlled by the nanites. I could see her being self-serving if she were a replicator. But I think the Real Weir would always have Atlantis' best interests in mind.
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X