Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

it's about time (spoilers for "spoils of war")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's about time (spoilers for "spoils of war")

it's finally time that we find out more about the wraith. reading the spoilers on gateworld episodes guide seems to indicate that we will learn a lot more about the wraith and it even seems like there is going to be a birthing scene. you should really read them. also, on wikipedia, the last line of the description seems to say that we my find a tracking system for every hive in the galaxy. i really hope we do because then it will truly put to rest the threads about how many hives there are in the galaxy

Wikipedia isn't trust worthy, morons are always changing the descriptions.

Comment

i know you can't trust wiki but the majority of the spoilers were from gateworld. the only thing i got from wiki was the tracking of every hive

Comment

Originally posted by apollo22 View Post
        i know you can't trust wiki but the majority of the spoilers were from gateworld. the only thing i got from wiki was the tracking of every hive
        do you have a link to that
        sigpic

Comment

here is the link

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s4/412.shtml

now if you have sci-fi the epi airs tonight

Comment

Im glad we are learning about the Wraith but after tonights episode I am a little confused about something. In Instinct Ellia was a child, and Beckett discovered that Wraith have normal digestive systems because they eat normal food while they are children. So do the Wraith only make the warriors (the guys with the masks) full grown and a bunch at a time, and the specialized ones grow up, or just the females that start out as children.
            BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

There seems to be a severe difference between normal born wraith and the cloned variety. The clones seem to be nothing but grunts with limited intelligence, while the real Wraiths with faces exposed are the masterminds and leaders. The masks serve a dual purpose, they're all clones and each has the same face so the masks hide that from each other, and also it identifies them as being of the lower cloned caste.

Comment

^ you basically summed it up.

There are 4 kinds of Wraith that we've seen:

Masked Warriors

Queens/Females

Standard Males

Uber-Wraith Males

We know that the females are born more traditionally, and develop like humans.

We know that the warriors can be produced as adults.

The others are unknown
                sigpic
                "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                ~David Hewlett

Comment

born traditionally? like when a boy wriath a girl wraith love each other very much? Or ...hatched maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Chezlee View Post
                    born traditionally? like when a boy wriath a girl wraith love each other very much? Or ...hatched maybe?
                    How do you know it's Wraith/Wraith? Could be Wraith/human.

After all, every Queen Sheppard's met has well...made moves on Sheppard. The Queen in Allies did, but a lot more subtle. She was content to just eye him a few times. But then, she wasn't the one with the power.
                    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Chezlee View Post
                      Being hatched wouldn't surprise me.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Malakriss View Post
                        There seems to be a severe difference between normal born wraith and the cloned variety. The clones seem to be nothing but grunts with limited intelligence, while the real Wraiths with faces exposed are the masterminds and leaders. The masks serve a dual purpose, they're all clones and each has the same face so the masks hide that from each other, and also it identifies them as being of the lower cloned caste.
                        When the wraith were infected with the retrovirus to turn them into humans did the clone warriors look similar to each other? I can't really remember, unfortunately, but if they were all exact duplicates shouldn't the human versions be so also??
                        sigpic

Comment

yeah they were all big and bald, the long haired smaller ones were the commanders

Comment

I'm just happy the writers finally gave us a plausible explanation as to how the Wraith managed to over whelm the ancients.

Comment

This also explains how the Replicators' Aurora class ships were weaker than the the Lanteans ones. ZPMs do make significant difference in combat capability, but all it takes is for a couple to be stolen and the balance of power shifts. Replicators didn't make that mistake again, they only made new ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X