Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would Asuran City ship make a better battleship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would Asuran City ship make a better battleship?

After episode "BAMSR" ,People are disppointed by the weakness of Asuran's Aurora class battleship.

Would the Asuran cityship turn the battle around if the Asuran were able to use in time?

The Asuran were pround of their city ship, they believe it is better than the orginal Atlantis city ship.SGA blow it up in their encounter.
    But in episode "Mortal Coils" the rebel Asuran were able to replicate the Atlantis city, i thought the Asuran may have a few of them around or able to construct one at a short time.
    But in "Return pt2" , the Asuran wanted to take the Atlantis back to their homeworld.May be they don't have that many City ship to spare.

Let's get back to the topic

A city ship with many thousand of drone weapon,super powerful shield,and many and many ZPM power supply.

The Asgard beam weapon is a proble, but the city just need to fire all their drone at the the 2 earth ship and destory them first .Then turn the weapon agsinst the allied fleet.

The Atlantis only got one ZPM , and they had problem landing the the ship onto the planet .
    But the Asuran had unlimited drone weapon , as many ZPM as require ,plus their experience of flying the city.

I an't help wonder about the Asuran city ship, they could makeone powerful battleship.
    i hope we can see them in action , maybe a super Asuran city ship in battle witht eh original Atlaintis ship
    Last edited by ckwongau; 09 January 2008, 12:55 PM.

Well i think they wanted Atlantis because Its where they were first invented and it was a massive part of their History so they probobally wanted it and they thought the warships were good enough i bet
    This isn't Atlantis?
    I don't think so.
    If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

Originally posted by Dark lord me View Post
      Well i think they wanted Atlantis because Its where they were first invented and it was a massive part of their History so they probobally wanted it and they thought the warships were good enough i bet
      the first time around they just wanted to blow it up:
      retribution

Comment

if they did have a city ship it would have been on the surface. but i did not see any drones been fired from the surface.
        the city ships are to costly to make a war because they are so big. they could probly build a fleet of 20 ships instead which is more practical.
        they should have build a flag ship a little bigger than a battle ship but give it atlantis sheilds and atlantis fire power. it would much easyer, quicker to build and it would not need as much power.

Comment

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
          if they did have a city ship it would have been on the surface. but i did not see any drones been fired from the surface.
          the city ships are to costly to make a war because they are so big. they could probly build a fleet of 20 ships instead which is more practical.
          they should have build a flag ship a little bigger than a battle ship but give it atlantis sheilds and atlantis fire power. it would much easyer, quicker to build and it would not need as much power.
          Yeah then the Asurans might have put up a better fight...

Comment

Bigger the ship bigger the target. So I would not use a city ship. Maybe deploy more jumpers and try to board the 304 through the bay.

Comment

The Replicators might have had a city-ship on the surface, they just didn't have time to use it in the battle. If they had launched a few thousand drones like the Antarctic Outpost did against Anubis then the allied fleet would have been in very big trouble.
              sigpic

Comment

except if the fleet was prepared and was gonna open fire on the drones

Comment

the cityship in the episode the tower was on land till nature destroyed most of it part from 'the tower'

and ancient city ships have lot more material than 20 ships i think so biulding would take long not unless you were a replicator that it
                  sigpic

Comment

The Asurans should have wiped us out. If their ships fired drone volleys like the one seen in 'No Mans Land' we would have been destroyed. The only reason they didn't was because a plot hole sucked all their drones away.

A city ship can withstand days of fire from a Wraith armada if one of those entered the battle we wouldn't have been able to scratch it.
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                      The Asurans should have wiped us out. If their ships fired drone volleys like the one seen in 'No Mans Land' we would have been destroyed. The only reason they didn't was because a plot hole sucked all their drones away.

A city ship can withstand days of fire from a Wraith armada if one of those entered the battle we wouldn't have been able to scratch it.
                      It depends if those energy weapons can make the sheilds fluctuate, if they can than atlantis would be destroyed unless they fired huge numbers of drones, it does suck they were firing them through a plot hole.
                      Best quotes ever:
                      O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                      Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                      Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                      Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                      Thor:I like the yellow ones
                      O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                        It depends if those energy weapons can make the sheilds fluctuate, if they can than atlantis would be destroyed unless they fired huge numbers of drones, it does suck they were firing them through a plot hole.
                        It's Atlantis IMO it's shields wouldn't fluctuate they're completely different to any other shield in SG. Atlantis has 3 drone silo's if each silo have even half the drones of the Antartic weapons platform it could wipe out our entire fleet several times over.
                        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                          It's Atlantis IMO it's shields wouldn't fluctuate they're completely different to any other shield in SG. Atlantis has 3 drone silo's if each silo have even half the drones of the Antartic weapons platform it could wipe out our entire fleet several times over.
                          I was saying if they have the auroras rate of fire of 1 drone per 5 mins. I would like to see the effect of these weapons on atlantis' sheilds.
                          Best quotes ever:
                          O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                          Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                          Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                          O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

really if the Asuran wanted they could just build a small ship with all the military capabilities as atlantis. they would even need to make room for the Asurans on board, there mind could just be in the computer. all as it would need is an atlantis shield, arsenal of drones, hyperdrive engines, sublight engines and a small compter controlling it.
                            this would probly take less time to build than an aurora but it would be far more powerful

Comment

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
                              really if the Asuran wanted they could just build a small ship with all the military capabilities as atlantis. they would even need to make room for the Asurans on board, there mind could just be in the computer. all as it would need is an atlantis shield, arsenal of drones, hyperdrive engines, sublight engines and a small compter controlling it.
                              this would probly take less time to build than an aurora but it would be far more powerful
                              That would be almost the same as the block replicator ships, they just made them out of blocks and were controlled by human form reps.
                              Best quotes ever:

Comment

Working...
                              X