This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zombies!!!!

Everyone loves zombies. talk about the coolest zombie flicks you know, or share your ideas for zombie stuff. (we can count 48 days later as zombies if you want.)
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

Dunno about movies, but I really liked World War Z. Lots of different POVs, lots of different stories to tell... in fact, I kinda wish we'd gotten a bit more on a couple of them, but I still liked the over-all effect. It was also nice to see a zombie story where the subject was treated with a bit more severity than the schlocky midnight movie splatterfest you usually get.

Comment

28 days later isn't it? I don't consider it a zombie film so much as a mad cannibal film. The "zombies" in it are people who aren't dead, just insane.

Romero's zombies are the best movie zombies IMO. I do like Resident Evil's zombies best in games. Stubbs the Zombie is by far the best zombie period though. You get to be the zombie.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
        Dunno about movies, but I really liked World War Z. Lots of different POVs, lots of different stories to tell... in fact, I kinda wish we'd gotten a bit more on a couple of them, but I still liked the over-all effect. It was also nice to see a zombie story where the subject was treated with a bit more severity than the schlocky midnight movie splatterfest you usually get.
        I hear WWZ is going to be made into a film sometime in 2009. I really want to read this book, along with The Zombie Survival Guide, both seem absolutely epic

Comment

I liked what I saw of Shaun of the Dead, although I haven't had a chance yet to see the full thing. The only version that seems to be on is the one that is (if you'll pardon the pun) hacked to pieces.

I liked the first RE movies, but the second one was disappointing and I haven't seen the third one yet although it looks to be an absolute joke. Read all the books in the series, though, and liked them quite a bit.

I take it Stubbs is a video game?

Comment

Originally posted by Teelie View Post
            28 days later isn't it? I don't consider it a zombie film so much as a mad cannibal film. The "zombies" in it are people who aren't dead, just insane.

Romero's zombies are the best movie zombies IMO. I do like Resident Evil's zombies best in games. Stubbs the Zombie is by far the best zombie period though. You get to be the zombie.
            i agree with everything. but some still consider 28 days later a zombie film.
            Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
            sigpic

Comment

I take it Stubbs is a video game?
              It is.

I also liked the books. I own all of the Perry series books. Wish she'd do more of them. She writes some of the better book spin-offs for movie and game franchises.

Comment

all romero zombie moves are great, RE1 the movie was good, didn't like apocalypse, and haven't seen extinction.
                RE4, although not strictly a zombie game, is awesome, and my favourite RE game
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

Good to see someone else enjoyed World War Z as much as I did. Honestly, it's probably one of the best depictions of a zombie apocalypse out there, and it's amazingly well written for such a niche genre. For that matter, Zombie Survival Guide was pretty damn good, too. It's nice to see an author take on a dead-serious approach to the subject of zombies (pun intended ).

I'd also second Resident Evil 4, even though they weren't strictly zombies in the truest sense. But hey, how can you fault a game in which one of the antagonists is a power-mad midget dressed like 16th French royalty, flanked by two Xenomorphs as bodyguards. Pure awesome.

But let's leave the likes of 28 Days Later and I Am Legend out of this. We don't wanna see no zombie posers up in this thread. Get me?
                  Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                  Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                  Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                  - Serenity

Comment

Why are the "things" in 28 days later and I am Legend not zombies? Just a Q.

And IMO Resident evil was the only good one out of the series the others were bland and boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                      Why are the "things" in 28 days later and I am Legend not zombies? Just a Q.
                      Because they're living, regular people. They're just sick. In 28 Days Later, the "zombies" were merely regular people driven into an insane rage by an infection. While the "zombies" in I Am Legend were far more zombie-like and far, far less human, they were actually more like vampires than zombies (further evidenced by the original novel).

True zombies are undead, in a state of decomposition, and may or may not have a penchant for human flesh.
                      Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                      Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                      Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                      - Serenity

Comment

I liked the 'Angel' episode 'The Thin Dead Line'. A police chief got fed up with the increasing lawlessness in LA and decided to take action by putting more cops on the streets, he reanimated cops that died in the line of duty! Needless to say things get out of hand when the zombie cops run amok dispensing law and order by killing anyone doing anything remotely suspicious!! The best bit was a cop arresting Angel for no reason who then shoots him whilst reading his rights. Angel of course fights back and cuts of the cop's head which lands on the hood of the police car and continues reading him his rights untill his head reverts to its state of decomposition!

I liked 'Shaun of the Dead' too. I don't really go for horror so more light hearted zombie fare does me!

Comment

Yeah, I think "vampire" was used within the Legend story, too. Their sensitivity to sunlight (in both the book and the movie) should have been a big hint in that direction. Zombies can go out during the daytime, it just makes them smell worse.

Were the infected in 28 Days Later photophobic? I can't remember. It might lend weight towards the idea of them being zombie-like, but the beginning sets up the whole "rage virus" concept. I'd need to see the movie again, but I think the infected were only interested in killing people, not eating their brains, which is a classic zombie trait.

Comment

The zombies in28 Days Later were no Photo-sesitive, they would come out during the day, They swan too, yeah i guess they aren't stricky zombes, just enraged British people, Can't say I blame them, Any more years of this gverment and i will become enraged, blood red eyes and all lol
                            sigpic
                            In brightest day, in darkest night,

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might,

Beware my power...Green Rep-Points light!

Comment

Originally posted by Teelie View Post
                              28 days later isn't it?
                              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Working...
                              X