Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to weir or not to weir

Ok follow me....

If you take the weir we know and love and add nannites does she change fundamentally?

IF she does...then

If we take a clone of weir and remove the nanites who is more the weir we know.

The weir who changed or the clone who is the same?

Originally posted by jdog View Post
    Ok follow me....

If you take the weir we know and love and add nannites does she change fundamentally?

IF she does...then

I think it depends on who is more the Weir we know physically or psychologically. If the clone had the essence of what makes Weir Weir then the clone. Unless the nannites didn't fundamentally change her then Weir would be Weir and not the cloned Weir. Weird no?

Comment

Dude.
      sigpic
      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
        Dude.
        lmao, a fitting answer

Comment

Ok follow me....

IF she does...then

Well, either way, the real Weir is always wanted (for me). However, I would like for her to still have that original Weir personality at least suppressed by the nanites, so that she is still our Weir inside. While the clone would be more like her, she wouldn't be Weir.
          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

*shrugs* I don't understand this "a clone isn't a real person" line of reasoning, either on TV or in real life. As long as their personality is intact, then the clone is the same person. If their personality isn't intact, then it is a new person with similar memories. If their mind is totally wiped then the clone is just an identical twin sister/brother, cause identical twins are just a naturally occurring type of clone. Same DNA=clone.

Comment

I know what you mean. What makes a person a person is it how they are made or what they are made of? If a man and a woman have a baby the old fashioned way and make a human form flesh and blood replicator and let them grow why is one a person and the other not? Could it have to do with experiencing esperiences rather than inheriting them.

How about this. you copy a computer file and put it in another computer why is one better than the other?

Hamburgers for thought

Comment

my brain just poped.

Comment

my brain just poped.
                  That had to hurt.

Comment

Maybe the nanite Weir will still have the fundamental qualities and 'essence' of Weir, but new priorities. Instead of thinking of the Atlantis expedition and Earth as 'her' people, she thinks of the crew of her replicator ship as 'her' people. That would still be Weir, just one that no longer agrees with us or our best interests.

Comment

BRING BACK DR.WEIR

The show isn't the same with Carter in charge
                      Carter's cool, but not as leader of ATLANTIS.

WEIR can fill those shoes like no one else can.

GO WEIR
                      BRING BACK DR. ELIZABETH WEIR

Comment

I believe that a person is made up of their memories and their life experiences. A clone of weir may remember everything that Weir remembered and if the nanites did not change the original weir than there would be no reason for anyone to believe that she is not the true weir. The clone could never be treated as anyone but weir even though she isn't weir.

In all I believe that if a clone has weir's memories and life experinces than she is truely just like the real weir.

Comment

ummm... can we just have the real weir back please...

M

Click on the image to go to my fanfics.

Comment

Originally posted by IlluZen View Post
                            Maybe the nanite Weir will still have the fundamental qualities and 'essence' of Weir, but new priorities. Instead of thinking of the Atlantis expedition and Earth as 'her' people, she thinks of the crew of her replicator ship as 'her' people. That would still be Weir, just one that no longer agrees with us or our best interests.
                            I agree she is still the same Wier we know, but she just has different people that she is a part of and she would now go along with how the replicaters are, but still stand up for what she believes in.

Comment

Working...
                            X