This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The S7 DVDs...

I just pre-ordered mine on Amazon.com and I just received an email from them saying it's shipped, with a delivery estimate of October 20th... Very strange, anyone fill me in?
    "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

It get's released on the 19th. But if you ordered it from a US website, and you live in Australia, it's not gonna get there overnight.
    Rocky

Comment

My copy arrived today in the mail. I've noticed two changes from the original airings. Their minor things, but still:

FALLEN/HOMECOMING originally aired as a sole two-hour episode (no title was given except in the writing credits (i.e. "Fallen" by..., and "Homecoming" by...)). On the DVD, the episodes are separate, each with their own opening and closing credits, and each with their respective episode title.

LOST CITY originally aired as two one-hour episodes. But they have been spliced together as a sole two-hour episode on the DVD, so it is just LOST CITY, not LOST CITY PART 1 and LOST CITY PART 2.

I know, minor things. I just like the episodes as originally aired, unless there was some reason dictated for the change, or the change makes sense (ala NEMESIS and beyond switching to the Showtime opening credits).

But the DVDs are chock full of extra features. I can't tell who the Asgard is on the side of the first disc case. Is it Loki? Nice image of Anubis on the side of the box, though.

Comment

You got it early?? That's not cool (well, it's cool for you, but not for me). Anyway, this is not the first time "Fallen" and "Homecoming" have aired as two different eps. They of couse did it that way in syndication, but I think I saw them aired as two eps on Sci-Fi once or twice.
        Rocky

Comment

The first de-slicing, is because they are stand alone episodes.

The second re-constituting, is because TLC was written as one script, to be the movie, that finished off the SG1 Series. It was aired as two stand alone episodes, but was and has always been intended as the SG1 made-for-TV movie.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I'm glad they reconstituted TLC. The teaser for the second part just ends so akwardly that it's not even funny.
            Rocky

Comment

What was it again? Cause I don't seem to recall it.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Spoiler:
                Jack is in what I think is Carter's lab working on his crossword puzzle while Daniel is trying to get him to recognize alien symbols. Carter comes in and starts bugging Jack. Daniel asks how Jack feels and he repies "I'm hungry" and stands up to leave.
                Rocky

Comment

Well, if this is what the producers originally intended, then I won't complain.

Was the combining of FALLEN and HOMECOMING and LOST CITY's slicing something that Sci Fi demanded/asked for? I guess I should listen to the audio commentary.

Comment

For those who get a bonus Atlantis-related disc on the outside of your Season Seven boxed set packaging, a GW reader has passed along this warning:

--

Just received the Stargate SG-1 season 7 DVD boxset.

Glued to the back side of the slipcase is a DVD bonus disc (says SG
                    ATLANTIS all over it).

THE GLUE IS SO STRONG/STICKY that it tore the side of the packaging it
                    was attachted to.

It's pretty much the E.T. dvd all over again

Please inform visiters of your site to be EXTREMELY CAREFUL when
                    removing this bonus disc! Perhaps don't remove it at all?

I'm sending my set back for a replacement...

GOOD LUCK!
                    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Yea, thats what happened to my Indian Jones boxset, with the special DVD that came with it. Ruined the whole thing for me.

Comment

I'm going out to buy mine tomorrow. I'll be careful and good luck to everyone else.
                        Rocky

Comment

Oh, well... I didn't get an Atlantis bonus disc.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenonn
                            Oh, well... I didn't get an Atlantis bonus disc.
                            Probably depends on place of purchase.
                            Rocky

Comment

You guys are lucky, in the UK the region 2 boxset is not available until 21st march next year.

Oh well six months and counting down
                              Hammond "Colonel, General Chekov thinks that due to our arrangement with the Russian government a russian soldier be assigned to SG1"

O'Neill "Over my rotting corpse Sir" *pauses* "Oh did I say that out loud"

Hammond "I did say that I would discuss it with you and that you would give the matter some careful consideration"

O'Neill "Yes I'm sure I would, but I would still probably say bite me"

Comment

Working...
                              X