Asuran Nanites and Neutronium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asuran Nanites and Neutronium

The Milkyway Replicator require Neutronium to create Humanoid Replicator.

In episode "Be All My Sins Remember'd"

Dr McKay said Asuran homan world is rich with Neutronium, it is the main ingredient to Replicator nanites,that was probably the reason the Anicent choose that planet for the Nanites experment.

But when Dr Weir was infected with Asuran nanites , it was using her organic body's material to create new nanites within her body.
    But Human body does have any Neutronium, Does that mean some Asuran nanites doesn't not require Neutronium .

no,
    E=mc^2
    m=c^2:E

meaning that you can create energy from mass, and mass from energy, meaning that you can create any kind of mass from any kind of mass, much ancient technology uses this, OA the stargate

Comment

But that is an insane ammount of energy needed. if a person was completely turned into nanites that would be about 1.5x10^10 Joules of power to make a person weighing about 110 pounds.
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Because they are partally organic.

1. neutronium cell can make a billion organic cells

Go Green

Comment

Alchemy

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
            Because they are partally organic.

1. neutronium cell can make a billion organic cells
            and thats stated where?

I think we can rule out that the nanites are organic in anyway. We have never seen replicators use an organic materials to create replicator blocks. We've only seen them use metals, primarily neutronium, but we have seen steel (?) 'Small Victories'. The neutronium replicator was able to create new replicators, but not of the same material, only the material which is around, and in that case it was the sub's hull.

Considering that Niam was choking Weir for some time, we can safely assume that a sizable amount of nanites were released into her system. And i just realized this, the existing nanites could technically use iron to build new nanites, since it does happen to be found in our body. I was thinking about 'Sunday' and i believe that was nanite related as well.

So i guess that answers your question.

Comment

The nanites weren't creating more METAL nanites, they were creating biological nanites.
              As in, not metal. Not neutronium.

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad9 View Post
                The nanites weren't creating more METAL nanites, they were creating biological nanites.
                As in, not metal. Not neutronium.
                Remember the nanites are incredibly resourceful and probably learned how to make organic cells rather quickly. I doubt there would be enough iron in the body to recreate that many nanite either.
                Best quotes ever:
                O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                Thor:I like the yellow ones
                O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                  Remember the nanites are incredibly resourceful and probably learned how to make organic cells rather quickly. I doubt there would be enough iron in the body to recreate that many nanite either.
                  That was a last resort option to replicate, not their normal function.

Vala,

Comment

maybe it is key in a different way
                    neutronium is needed as a rescource for human form MW replicators
                    maybe neutronium is needed for the device that builds PG replicators

Comment

neutronium is needed for HUMAN replicaters, not normal nanites

Comment

its probably not needed for the asuran but its the best thing they could be made of

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

From previous information that we've been given in the show, Neutronium was an essential requirement for building MW human-form Replicators. Bug Replicators can be constructed from whatever is around.
                          Similarly, nanites can be either metal or organic based, all depending on the materials that are available.

The inconsistency comes in BAMSR. If Neutronium is essential for human-form Replicators, Atlantis must have a supply otherwise they wouldn't of been able to make FRAN.

The only answer I can think of is that neutronium is only required to make the MW Human-form Replicators as iirc this requirement was only stated in SG-1, never in Atlantis. Asurans can be made of other materials though.

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
                            From previous information that we've been given in the show, Neutronium was an essential requirement for building MW human-form Replicators. Bug Replicators can be constructed from whatever is around.
                            Similarly, nanites can be either metal or organic based, all depending on the materials that are available.

The inconsistency comes in BAMSR. If Neutronium is essential for human-form Replicators, Atlantis must have a supply otherwise they wouldn't of been able to make FRAN.

The only answer I can think of is that neutronium is only required to make the MW Human-form Replicators as iirc this requirement was only stated in SG-1, never in Atlantis. Asurans can be made of other materials though.
                            i am going to asume it's got something to do with Handwavium and "keron pathways".

Comment

Working...
                            X