This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Space Battle Rankings

After the amazing space battle in 'Be All My Sins Remembered,' I thought it would be cool to see what peoples favorite space battles were. My would be as follows:

1: Battle to retake DS9 (Sacrifice of Angels/ 6.06 STS9)
    2: Battle of Asuras (Be All My Sins Remembered/ 4.11 SG:A)
    3: Battle of Cardassia Prime (What You Leave Behind/ 7.25-26 STS9)
    4: Battle of the Milky Way (Camelot-Flesh and Blood/ 9.20-10.01 SG-1)
    5: Battle of Couresant (SW: Ep III)

i have never seen #4 but hands down sacrifice of angels is the best i have seen

Comment

I couldn't give you a specific episode but I all ways loved the Babylon 5 space battles.
      Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

The Battle of Babylon 5, The Battle of the Line, and that last battle that ended the Shadow War should definitely be on the list.
        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

What about the battle of Antarctica? ...Does that even count though.
          You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
            The Battle of Babylon 5, The Battle of the Line, and that last battle that ended the Shadow War should definitely be on the list.
            Will add a few Youtube vids, so others may see too:

Battle of Coriana 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8UmAD_rm_Q

The Battle of Babylon 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MipPH24q4yk

The Battle of the Line( speech): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbBRrK9Q-rw

And of course The video of what supposed to be the best Space Strategy game of our century: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhZQEvg1V0Y
            We are born capable of greatness... If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

Comment

right now I think I'd go with

1) DS9: Sacrifice of Angels
              2) SG-1: Camelot
              3) SGA: BAMSR
              4) B5: ‘Endgame’ battle
              5) B5: Battle of the Line

Originally posted by Battera View Post
              What about the battle of Antarctica? ...Does that even count though.
              and if LC counts:

1) DS9: Sacrifice of Angels
              2) SG-1: LC
              3) SG-1: Camelot
              4) SGA: BAMSR
              5) B5: ‘Endgame’ battle
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

In no particular order:

ST: DS9 - "Sacrifice of Angels"
                ST2 - Das Boot-style battle in the Mutara Nebula
                SG-1 - "Camelot"
                BSG - "Exodus, Part 2"
                BSG: Razor - Attack on the Scorpion Fleet Shipyards
                Serenity - Reavers/Alliance over Mr. Universe's planet
                SW:ROTJ - Battle of Endor (space)
                SW:ROTS - Battle of Coruscant
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I don't really know anything about B5 so I think the best battle is Reckoning

Comment

1) Battle of Yavin, Star Wars. It's a pure battle between good and evil. The entire movie, which was packed with fantastic sights and phenomenal action, built up to the battle and the outcome was absolutely pivotal to all the heroes that the audience has come to love. It's very well edited and the pacing is superb. John Williams' soundtrack has not been surpassed by any other accompanying music.

I don't think any other space battle will ever come close. In the Star Wars series itself, the other battles are diluted with ground / lightsabre action (Battle of Endor, Return of the Jedi; Battle of Naboo, The Phantom Menace), which disqualifies them since this is about Space Battles, or do not have as much weight in the movie (Battle of Coruscant, Revenge of the Sith). The Asteroid Field in The Empire Strikes Back was a chase, not a battle (but was really cool nonetheless). In Babylon 5, the Battle of Coriana 6 was too philosophical (with it ending in a verbal confrontation with the First Ones). The battles in Star Trek DS9 aren't very good: they always play them up to be such epic affairs but the editing and pacing are no good.

2) Battle at the Mutara Nebula, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. This is a distant second but it was good. It was all about Kirk using his wits to defeat Khan, an enemy bent on revenge. The conclusion was also very satisfying in terms of pay off for the whole plot and the death of Spock was a very emotional thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X