PDA

View Full Version : Am i missing something

jdeterman
January 7th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Am i missing something? since carter is back then the oddesey apollo and the deadalus should be operational right? so why did only the deadalus and apollo come?

Uncle Tobias
January 7th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Am i missing something? since carter is back then the oddesey apollo and the deadalus should be operational right? so why did only the deadalus and apollo come?

They probably wouldn't want to risk losing it, it still has the Asgard's core on it and the slightest possibility of the Asurans getting thier hands on that would be very bad also. At that point one more ship probably wouldn't have much difference either (when they were just targetting and ambushing single ships) and for the fleet just three wouldn't have been enough.

Plus, there are still plenty of powerfull ships in Milky way that could potentially be hostile and attack earth.

Jeffala
January 7th, 2008, 05:14 PM
^ Pretty much sums it up.

Icedragon
January 7th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Now i may be wrong, but season 4 of SGA is set after the two SG1 movies. It's not outside the realm of possibility that something happens to it that prevents it from being there.

Myles
January 7th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Now i may be wrong, but season 4 of SGA is set after the two SG1 movies. It's not outside the realm of possibility that something happens to it that prevents it from being there.

It's not out the realm of possibility, but it's more likely there was no way in hell that the military would leave Earth without any ships for defense.

jenks
January 7th, 2008, 08:46 PM

It survives The Ark Of Truth, but I don't know about Continuum.

Cap116
January 7th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Well, the Odyssey is mentioned a few times but never makes an appearance in Atlantis. And the same in SG-1, Apollo and Daedalus are mentioned but never show up. The only time the Odyssey shows up in Atlantis is in Pegasus Project, other than that, they don't cross series.

Plus Uncle Tobias, makes an excellent point. Who wants the Wraith or Asurans to have a chance to get their hands on the Asgard core.

RepliVeggie
January 9th, 2008, 02:04 AM
I am pretty sure a ZPM is more powerful then an Asgard core.

jdbond
January 9th, 2008, 02:27 AM
I am pretty sure a ZPM is more powerful then an Asgard core.

hmmm..and I am pretty sure that ZPM is a power source while core is like information repository (plus a CORE). So I wonder what made you compare those two unless you think Asgard core is some kind of power source!!

Red Phoniex
January 9th, 2008, 02:32 AM
hmmm..and I am pretty sure that ZPM is a power source while core is like information repository (plus a CORE). So I wonder what made you compare those two unless you think Asgard core is some kind of power source!!

but i thought the asgard core was in all 3 ships? might be wrong, been a while since i've watch S10.

jenks
January 9th, 2008, 03:35 AM
but i thought the asgard core was in all 3 ships? might be wrong, been a while since i've watch S10.

I don't think we know whether all three ships have the core yet.

jdbond
January 9th, 2008, 08:41 AM
I don't think we know whether all three ships have the core yet.

I don't know if core is in any ship anymore (I am sure Apollo and Daedalus are with out core) . It might be in area 51 where scientists are ripping it's pieces one by one. Not only it's not really required on any ship, it might not be safe on any of the ships. As Sam said, core has dumbed things down for humans so either earth will copy all that is in core and leave it on Odyssey or they will take the core out.

jdbond
January 9th, 2008, 08:44 AM

They learned to make that plasma weapon from core and put it on all those ships. Thats how I see it. Afterall, core is just a whole lot of information. It was in Odyssey because there was no other option but other ships don't need core if they can simply use the information in the core to build weapons and stuff.

Jeffala
January 9th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Asgard Core == a computer.

Asgard Core != a glorious power source for Odyssey and all other ships.

The Asgard Core is a computer with a built-in power source (think laptop with relatively never-ending battery or a built-in generator) so that it won't infringe on Odyssey's ZPM.

Pharaoh Atem
January 9th, 2008, 10:09 AM
apollo and the deadalus are already established ships on the show ...it would confuse the fans that only watch atlantis if another ship pop in

besides i'm sure budget only allowed two earth ships

Darien
January 9th, 2008, 11:32 AM
There might be some sort of a rule that at least one ship has to stay in the MW at all times.

spoilers for AoT:
In AoT the Apollo is in orbit around Earth while the Oddy is in the Ori galaxy.

RepliVeggie
January 9th, 2008, 11:37 AM

Being that Thor said that now that they have the Asgard core they don't need the ZPM, yea. Power source. And I assumed the power generation was what ya were saying we don't want the Asurans to get.

They learned to make that plasma weapon from core and put it on all those ships. Thats how I see it. Afterall, core is just a whole lot of information. It was in Odyssey because there was no other option but other ships don't need core if they can simply use the information in the core to build weapons and stuff.

The Core does alot of different stuff besides just hold info. The power generation is likely needed to power the weapons and shields. I don't think our Naquadah reactors could do it.

Darien
January 9th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Being that Thor said that now that they have the Asgard core they don't need the ZPM, yea. Power source. And I assumed the power generation was what ya were saying we don't want the Asurans to get.
Thor never said anything like that.
I think you're referring to this:

Thor: The Asgard computer core is equipped with it's own powersource that will not infringe on your ship's zpm.

The Asgard core is a computer. It has it's own powersource, a very long lasting battery and that's all. It does not power the ship's systems only the computer core.

RepliVeggie
January 9th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Thor never said anything like that.
I think you're referring to this:

Thor: The Asgard computer core is equipped with it's own powersource that will not infringe on your ship's zpm.

The Asgard core is a computer. It has it's own powersource, a very long lasting battery and that's all. It does not power the ship's systems only the computer core.

I gotta disagree. I may be wrong but I don't see how we could power such advanced weapons and shields. We don't have ZPMs for every ship.

Darien
January 9th, 2008, 12:16 PM
I gotta disagree. I may be wrong but I don't see how we could power such advanced weapons and shields. We don't have ZPMs for every ship.
No we don't. I don't know how we power the Apollo and Daedalus now it's possible we were able to find a way to enhance our naq generators with asgard knowledge or create a new powersource based on what we learnt from the comp core. But this does not change the fact that the Asgard core IS a computer not a powersource.

Jeffala
January 9th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Prometheus was powered by naqahdah generators, presumably much larger than the small ones we see in Atlantis, though a Mark II naqahdah generator could power Atlantis' chair platform in lieu of a ZPM so they might not have to be too big anymore.

It's reasonable to assume that the 304s are powered in the same or similar manner.