Empty Aurora replicator ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Empty Aurora replicator ships

There were so many empty replicator warships that the team could have stolen if they had waited a little longer to blow the planet up. Some marines could have beamed aboard some of them and nicked a few. Atlantis could use a small fleet of Aurora battleships against the wraith.
    Betrayed

If they'd waited a little longer to blow the planet up the "Godzilla blob" might have been able to manipulate its form and stop its own destruction thus rendering the entire mission a waste.

Comment

noticed that as well.... also let alot of zpm's on the planet as well.

really they didnt have much time to be able to beam over anyways because they were really close to making the super replicator blob a reality.
      Movie Theater

Comment

Originally posted by InUtero View Post
        There were so many empty replicator warships that the team could have stolen if they had waited a little longer to blow the planet up. Some marines could have beamed aboard some of them and nicked a few. Atlantis could use a small fleet of Aurora battleships against the wraith.
        Except they couldn't have waited any longer to blow the planet up. The reason for the planet blowing up was the blob, and the blob was only there because the replicators from the ships had been sucked into it, so the window of opportunity would have been tiny. That's without mentioning the issue of beaming, I seriously doubt that the 304's could beam through Aurora shields, if they could they would have just beamed nukes into them instead of messing around with the beam weapons and rail guns.

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't they need to destroy the blob quick, so that the nanites wouldn' thave enough time to regain "conscienceness," to stop a Godzilla Replicator? If so, that would the best reason to get out, quick, fast and in a hurry. Would have been nice to see them get a couple Aurora ships, though.

: Green is Good.
          sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

I didn't look like the nanties left their ships by going through the door. They all just streamed through the bottom of the ships and would have done some serious damage on the way through. Even if there was time to beam onto them I doubt they would have been able to fly them clear of the planet in time.
            sigpic

Comment

The remaining Rep Auroras were just heaps of crap that looked like ships. No hyperdrives, full of holes and no shields.

Comment

Even if all the replicator ships were intact, there's no guarantee we could transport people over and be able to hyperdrive out in time. The military doesn't arbitrarily flip a coin with it's personnel like that.

ZPMs were also expected to be detonated and not available for looting, and transporting people around a collapsing structure in enemy territory during a battle is just as foolish as going for ships. Only possible way would be to attempt beaming them directly, but we've never seen a direct beaming of non-living objects without some kind of beacon attached.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                  If they'd waited a little longer to blow the planet up the "Godzilla blob" might have been able to manipulate its form and stop its own destruction thus rendering the entire mission a waste.
                  Worse than a waste, it would have made things worse.

Comment

Originally posted by InUtero View Post
                    When the replicators were sucked down to the planet, as they were leaving the ships, you could see, at least in High Def, explosions where they exited the ships. More than likely those ships were damaged and could not be repaired in the short amount of time that they had before the planet blew up.

As far as no ZPM's, from the time Rodney solidified the blob to sink and the planet began to blow up was very short. They didn't have time to beam up any ZPM's. Besides, we've never beamed a ZPM up while still engaged and generating power. How do you know that wouldn't have exploded it?

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
                      I didn't look like the nanties left their ships by going through the door. They all just streamed through the bottom of the ships and would have done some serious damage on the way through. Even if there was time to beam onto them I doubt they would have been able to fly them clear of the planet in time.
                      I agree, but the teams would have to put on space suits before they could steal the structurally damaged ships. (no time)
                      sigpic

Comment

2 explanations, 1 the salvageable ships still had active shields which we cant beam through. and 2 the ships we could beam to had major structual damage and we specifically targeted their hyperdrives, they probably didnt know which ships were capable of hyperspaceing out.

The ZPMs are a different story. We know we can pretty much pinpoint their locations with the 304s. and they had a minute or so to retrieve them, and in lifeline sheppard needed only a few seconds to do the retrieving. That was probably the worst wasted opportunity.
                        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Some hardcore loot-maniac d'n'd players here, I see...

Comment

How do we know they didn't grab any ZPMs? They didn't say either way. It could come up later, "Oh yeah we grabbed some, sorry we didn't let you know".
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
                              Exactly. The ships were complete scrap after the nanites tore through the ships. Never mind that the ships were also attacked by darts and hives as well.
                              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Working...
                              X