PDA

View Full Version : The replicator-building machine

xSFx
January 7th, 2008, 02:18 AM
If McKay managed to create a human-form replicator willing to kill itself, surely he could create others in order to fix or enhance Atlantis?

Another thing: do the humans now have ZPM-building technology? (I still have to catch up with many past episodes, but I was under the impression that if SG-1 had to travel 5000 years into the past to get one, then it's still out of reach) ?

If humans can't make ZPM's, perhaps the replicators could assist in that, as the replicators had many ZPM's on their home planet.

jenks
January 7th, 2008, 03:06 AM
As of right now they don't know how to produce ZPMs, but a line in Joe Mallozzi's poem implies that they might do later this season...

wise one
January 7th, 2008, 04:24 AM
i think thery could make a limited amount of replicators since maybe they need the element neutronium like most human form reps did

CommanderThor11
January 7th, 2008, 07:10 AM
i think it would be an extremely bad idea to have a bunch of replicators on Atlantis, even if Rodney insisted that he could create them so that they Wouldnt be able to communicate with other replicators or other bad things, no way would Carter or Sheppard would never allow it.

MichaelSandar
January 7th, 2008, 09:37 AM
i think it would be an extremely bad idea to have a bunch of replicators on Atlantis, even if Rodney insisted that he could create them so that they Wouldnt be able to communicate with other replicators or other bad things, no way would Carter or Sheppard would never allow it.

Exactly. No way Shep or Carter would allow it, even if it were possible for Rodney to 'get it right'.

Vulcan611
January 7th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Agreed i dont think it would be allowed due to possible problems

PG15
January 7th, 2008, 01:15 PM
As of right now they don't know how to produce ZPMs, but a line in Joe Mallozzi's poem implies that they might do later this season...

Really? Which line?

Jumper_One
January 7th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Really? Which line?

it may be this one

[...]A battle is waged on the defenderís home field,
And the means of production is fully revealed.[...]

PG15
January 7th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Hmmm...interesting. I always thought that that refered to

the Wraith birth scene in Spoils of War

We'll see.

Jumper_One
January 7th, 2008, 02:22 PM

that's another possibility

We'll see.

yup

jenks
January 7th, 2008, 03:25 PM

We'll see.

Think of it now, it probably does.

Specter177
January 7th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Or it could mean building the replicators.

Lord batchi ball
January 7th, 2008, 06:59 PM
If McKay managed to create a human-form replicator willing to kill itself, surely he could create others in order to fix or enhance Atlantis?

Another thing: do the humans now have ZPM-building technology? (I still have to catch up with many past episodes, but I was under the impression that if SG-1 had to travel 5000 years into the past to get one, then it's still out of reach) ?

If humans can't make ZPM's, perhaps the replicators could assist in that, as the replicators had many ZPM's on their home planet.

Well I don't know about Atlantis but if they find the Asothians maybe they could make a half dozen or so as full time body gaurds. They are really in no danger from someone coming in a changing thier code since very few people know how to do so, and they kick some serious Wraith ass

Icedragon
January 7th, 2008, 07:14 PM

Also no way to guarantee the 'godzilla' replicator is fully gone, just because there was no trace when replicator weir was there, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. How many times have MacKay's 'perfect and flawless' plans gone horribly wrong.

Myles
January 7th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Also no way to guarantee the 'godzilla' replicator is fully gone, just because there was no trace when replicator weir was there, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. How many times have MacKay's 'perfect and flawless' plans gone horribly wrong.

True, but after undergoing a nuclear reaction, I doubt their still around.

PG15
January 7th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Yeah, it was the "fusion bomb" of the nanites imploding in on itself that destroyed the planet in the first place.

CommanderThor11
January 8th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Yeah, it was the "fusion bomb" of the nanites imploding in on itself that destroyed the planet in the first place.

yea, totally blown up and destroyed

by the by, nice video on GateWorrld Play PG15!!

marty2006
January 8th, 2008, 09:03 AM

We'll see.

sweet i guess lol, i should start reading his blog

Vulcan611
January 8th, 2008, 11:50 AM
It could be the replicator machine or it could be zpm creation who knows

kymeric
January 8th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Design an replicator for the sole purpose of learning to make ZPMs and to fashion them only for earth. Seems reasonable.

Vulcan611
January 8th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Could you still trust the replicator

FirePhoenix
January 8th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Could also mean the production of Drones seeing as we still only have limited supplies of them as and when we find them.

Drones are as important as ZPM's is many respects.

PG15
January 8th, 2008, 07:29 PM
yea, totally blown up and destroyed

by the by, nice video on GateWorrld Play PG15!!

Thanks! :D

garhkal
January 8th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Exactly. No way Shep or Carter would allow it, even if it were possible for Rodney to 'get it right'.

And that is also assuming that making them does not consume lots of energy..

Could also mean the production of Drones seeing as we still only have limited supplies of them as and when we find them.

Drones are as important as ZPM's is many respects.

Or finally seeing how the Wraith create hives.

HyperspaceDaemon
January 9th, 2008, 03:27 AM
Could you still trust the replicator

Sure , after correcting the bugs that the Lanteans didn't bother to fix in their programming .

xSFx
January 9th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Sure , after correcting the bugs that the Lanteans didn't bother to fix in their programming .Lanteans didn't need Asurans as allies, they needed them as weapons.

If the Tauri can make science-oriented Asurans (with no combat protocols), everything should work out fine. It would be the next best thing to having ancients assist you.

As for combat-oriented replicators,
can't they tell the Asgard device to make classic replicators (like in the Ark of Truth) that only attack wraith? They're not vulnerable to hackers or viruses, otherwise the Asgard would have dealt with them a long time ago.

These replicators can be made to enhance current technology. Tthey made a Goa-uld hyperdrive go 500 times faster, did they not? If they can do that to Goa'uld tech, imagine a replicator-enhanced Atlantis. Boy oh boy :D

Surely Area 51 can bake a control crystal for that in notime.

I don't see this happening in the series, as it wouldn't be Stargate Atlantis, it would be Bug's Mansion.

HyperspaceDaemon
January 9th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Lanteans didn't need Asurans as allies, they needed them as weapons.

Yep. They needed them as weapons, but implemented too much knowledge into them - so that they became self-aware and unstable. Instead of abandoning the project, the logical thing should have been redoing their programming and strip it to the bare essentials needed to accomplish the mission. That's what i meant by "fix the bugs", because it's a clear case of flawed programming which should be fixable .

RepliVeggie
January 10th, 2008, 11:58 AM
I think Lanteans used nanites to construct there ships and cities and such. And maybe healing. Then one day a doctor was like, "They can repair cells why can't we use them to destroy the cells of Wraith."