The replicator-building machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The replicator-building machine

If McKay managed to create a human-form replicator willing to kill itself, surely he could create others in order to fix or enhance Atlantis?

Another thing: do the humans now have ZPM-building technology? (I still have to catch up with many past episodes, but I was under the impression that if SG-1 had to travel 5000 years into the past to get one, then it's still out of reach) ?

If humans can't make ZPM's, perhaps the replicators could assist in that, as the replicators had many ZPM's on their home planet.
    sigpic
    Don't forget to vote up if you like my ideas. (me <-- attention whore )

As of right now they don't know how to produce ZPMs, but a line in Joe Mallozzi's poem implies that they might do later this season...

Comment

i think thery could make a limited amount of replicators since maybe they need the element neutronium like most human form reps did
      sigpic

Comment

i think it would be an extremely bad idea to have a bunch of replicators on Atlantis, even if Rodney insisted that he could create them so that they Wouldnt be able to communicate with other replicators or other bad things, no way would Carter or Sheppard would never allow it.

Comment

Originally posted by CommanderThor11 View Post
          i think it would be an extremely bad idea to have a bunch of replicators on Atlantis, even if Rodney insisted that he could create them so that they Wouldnt be able to communicate with other replicators or other bad things, no way would Carter or Sheppard would never allow it.
          Exactly. No way Shep or Carter would allow it, even if it were possible for Rodney to 'get it right'.

Comment

Agreed i dont think it would be allowed due to possible problems

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              As of right now they don't know how to produce ZPMs, but a line in Joe Mallozzi's poem implies that they might do later this season...
              Really? Which line?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                Really? Which line?
                it may be this one

[...]A battle is waged on the defender’s home field,
                And the means of production is fully revealed.[...]
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Hmmm...interesting. I always thought that that refered to

Spoiler:
                  the Wraith birth scene in Spoils of War

We'll see.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    that's another possibility

We'll see.
                    yup
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Spoiler:

We'll see.
                      Think of it now, it probably does.

Comment

Or it could mean building the replicators.

Comment

Originally posted by xSFx View Post
                          If McKay managed to create a human-form replicator willing to kill itself, surely he could create others in order to fix or enhance Atlantis?

Another thing: do the humans now have ZPM-building technology? (I still have to catch up with many past episodes, but I was under the impression that if SG-1 had to travel 5000 years into the past to get one, then it's still out of reach) ?

If humans can't make ZPM's, perhaps the replicators could assist in that, as the replicators had many ZPM's on their home planet.
                          Well I don't know about Atlantis but if they find the Asothians maybe they could make a half dozen or so as full time body gaurds. They are really in no danger from someone coming in a changing thier code since very few people know how to do so, and they kick some serious Wraith ass

Comment

Originally posted by CommanderThor11 View Post
                            Also no way to guarantee the 'godzilla' replicator is fully gone, just because there was no trace when replicator weir was there, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. How many times have MacKay's 'perfect and flawless' plans gone horribly wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Icedragon View Post
                              Also no way to guarantee the 'godzilla' replicator is fully gone, just because there was no trace when replicator weir was there, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. How many times have MacKay's 'perfect and flawless' plans gone horribly wrong.
                              True, but after undergoing a nuclear reaction, I doubt their still around.

Comment

Working...
                              X